2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been doing so much shopping with gamestop.com during this pandemic it's crazy. And theyve been amazing. But I'm so pissed at them for store level. My store opened this week, and I had 2 exclusive pops pre ordered for my daughter. They released, and I'm told they are not getting any shipments and theres nothing they can do as far as my orders since it's not available on the site.
What a joke, they should have stock allotted for those pre orders
The joke is you being upset over something out of their control. If the store was closed when the item was release, why the fuck would you think they would have gotten shipments?

The spiderman noir statue that I had for pickup got cancelled, and theres none around in the entire area now. Could've ordered online with my order last night, but thought picking it up absolutely wouldn't be a problem. Now theres no way to get one.

No idea how the fuck a store has screwed up statue inventory.
Happened in my store a couple times. We get hit with shoplifters and don't notice what was stolen until they pop up for order in store and we don't have it. So we cancel it and shrink it out. Shit happens.

So I called the store I'm going to pick up the figures from (they are actually open now) to see if they were able to do returns yet. They can, however they said that they can't do mine since I paid with PayPal?

So I called the store I'm going to pick up the figures from (they are actually open now) to see if they were able to do returns yet. They can, however they said that they can't do mine since I paid with PayPal?
If the store is cashless they can't do debit transactions. Its weird but debit transactions like paypal are seen in most POS systems as a cash transaction.

If the store is cashless they can't do debit transactions. Its weird but debit transactions like paypal are seen in most POS systems as a cash transaction.
I was also told that a lot of stores are having problems doing refunds for paypal transactions fwiw, so I'd be leery of using that as a payment method until they can process normal returns.

Lol, I'm a chump. Caved and picked up 2x Nerf Overwatch Soldier: 76 Blasters to blast my kids with this afternoon. Totally worth $25!  :twoguns: These nerf guns are BIG. Wife hates them already.  :whistle2:

I was checking some trade values today and a lot of games are showing only a penny like Doom, PUBG, We happy few, and Indivisable just to name a few. Are trade ins scaled back or something?

It would work but unfortunately the online coupons don't seem to be working for most, if not all, people on here - I don't think it would be worth the gamble using it on a $50 coupon then having to call them up and wait for hours on the phone trying to get your points back
Very true. Last year maybe a $25 online didnt work but then a $50 did. I should probably just wait until I can go in-store.

I paid $57 for 3 ds games and none of them have any cases. I thought the cases were figured in the high cost. The ups guy just gave me a giant bubble mailer with these 3 tiny ds games in cheap little plastic packages. I feel ripped off, I was expecting at least a generic gamestop case at a minimum like they gave me with some of my 3ds games.

I wonder how GameStop is able to keep doing these B2G2 or B2G1 deals. They must be running low on inventory...

I personally have a BIG pile of games I would like to trade in, but the trade values are too low for me right now.

I'm holding out for a bump from CSAC or a promo trading towards a PS5. I would even be okay with a promo trading towards a pre-order game...

My personal theory is that GameStop is doing all of these sales as an inventory reduction effort.  They may not be planning on re-opening a lot of their stores when the stay home orders are lifted in some states.  I had an email from them yesterday that actually called it a "clearance sale" which is somewhat telling.

I just ordered a PS4 and the controller they gave me doesn’t charge. My local stores have no preowned at all. Does any know if a local GameStop will give me a new one instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered a PS4 and the controller they gave me doesn’t charge. My local stores have no preowned at all. Does any know if a local GameStop will give me a new one instead?

Probably not. A call to CS might get you a used one shipped out, but I'm not sure.

Finally picked up the Vita games I ordered from 2 different GSs and to my surprise, out of the 15 games, a good 8 of them were complete with case and artwork and 3 of them were converted to pre-owned and still sealed!

...well after the fact they gave my order of 9 Vita games and a PS4 Senran Kagura CE to someone else and I just happened to be there when the guy they gave it to came back all confused because his Soldier 76 Nerf Gun wasn't in it...

The joke is you being upset over something out of their control. If the store was closed when the item was release, why the fuck would you think they would have gotten shipments?
Aircobra, you’re literally the biggest d-bag in this forum. You try to police it as if you’re the last voice defending GameStop’s horrible practices. It’s amusing, but still, you’re such a douche

Finally picked up the Vita games I ordered from 2 different GSs and to my surprise, out of the 15 games, a good 8 of them were complete with case and artwork and 3 of them were converted to pre-owned and still sealed!

...well after the fact they gave my order of 9 Vita games and a PS4 Senran Kagura CE to someone else and I just happened to be there when the guy they gave it to came back all confused because his Soldier 76 Nerf Gun wasn't in it...
Pick up all the VITA games while you can. They're definitely harder to find nowadays, and online stock is very limited.

GameStop is doing it right if you ask me. Their deals have been mostly to get rid of unwanted inventory (junk toys, last gen games, cheap games). Stores are low on inventory which will make it easier to close retail stores. They'll be left with less stores focusing mainly on next gen and PS4/XBONE while slowly phasing out collectibles and old old games. I'm sure they take out loans and cash is worth way more than the percent on inventory you can borrow against (probably about 30%), and they've been converting a ton of inventory to cash. The selection is already slim pickings from the last time but I would definitely expect another B2G2 on last gen games as the PS5 nears.

B2G1 on new was a bit surprising and "against the trend", but isn't unheard of. Target and Amazon have run B2G1 in the past.

Did you try charging it through the bottom port? I have an old controller for the slim that doesn't charge through the top port but does through the bottom one.

Aircobra, you’re literally the biggest d-bag in this forum. You try to police it as if you’re the last voice defending GameStop’s horrible practices. It’s amusing, but still, you’re such a douche
Lol if you think I defend GameStop, you should get your head checked. You just can’t handle hearing something that differentiates from your opinion. Eventually you’ll learn how to do that and be able to socialize with us adults. Until then, I’m guessing you’ll just resort to name calling. Cool?

GameStop is doing it right if you ask me. Their deals have been mostly to get rid of unwanted inventory (junk toys, last gen games, cheap games). Stores are low on inventory which will make it easier to close retail stores. They'll be left with less stores focusing mainly on next gen and PS4/XBONE while slowly phasing out collectibles and old old games. I'm sure they take out loans and cash is worth way more than the percent on inventory you can borrow against (probably about 30%), and they've been converting a ton of inventory to cash. The selection is already slim pickings from the last time but I would definitely expect another B2G2 on last gen games as the PS5 nears.

B2G1 on new was a bit surprising and "against the trend", but isn't unheard of. Target and Amazon have run B2G1 in the past.
One thing I noticed is that it seems like Sony is putting far less focus on backwards compatibility than I thought they would earlier. I know we'll find out more next week, but one of the big selling points for GS was going to be both systems will all this BC. Instead it looks like Xbox is gonna take the lead and Sony might not be doing much at all. That hurts GS some.

I don't know if anyone posted this already, but Kroger has a digital coupon right now that takes 10% off the purchase of 3 GameStop gift cards that total $75 if you have the store rewards card.  So, you can buy 3 $25 GameStop gift cards for $67.50.  Hope this helps someone.

https://www.kroger.com/cl/coupons/

Yep, and I think most of us flippers will be stuck with some unwanted stock that we had bought during a bunch of the B2G2, 50% off, etc sales that we had hoped to sell back eventually but may likely break much less than even if the trade values never go back up.

Today's selection of B1G¾ is a pretty random... probably stuff they have a few too many copies of. :cold:

That's exactly what they are doing. My home store that is closing didn't even have a clearance sale or a closing sign. It was just empty with just a few Switch cases and PSN and XB gift cards.

Got my 2nd and 3rd orders from my B2G1F sale and am pretty damn happy with these. One was for 3x new games and all 3x games are actually sealed copies. Socking. And other order was 3x used games and all 3x look brand new, and with cases (one even had a manual!).

Those are good points. I've been asking where they keep getting used game inventory but looking at what I've bought, I can't say I've bought a lot of games I wanted, instead the opposite- I've purchased a lot of games I probably wouldn't have purchased on a given day since they stuff I wanted are out of stock or not part of the sale.

Lol if you think I defend GameStop, you should get your head checked. You just can’t handle hearing something that differentiates from your opinion. Eventually you’ll learn how to do that and be able to socialize with us adults. Until then, I’m guessing you’ll just resort to name calling. Cool?
Differentiate doesn't really work in that context. You should have just used differ.

One thing I noticed is that it seems like Sony is putting far less focus on backwards compatibility than I thought they would earlier. I know we'll find out more next week, but one of the big selling points for GS was going to be both systems will all this BC. Instead it looks like Xbox is gonna take the lead and Sony might not be doing much at all. That hurts GS some.
Sony hasn't focused on backwards compatibility since the days of the PS3, I highly doubt the PS5 is going to have any outside of the current gen. A lot of outlets were saying the same thing, that all PS games would be playable on PS5, but I'm pretty sure they misread quotes that were quite vague. Xbox's system of having BC is brilliant, and you can keep the prices down on most games by having both digital and physical ways to play the games. GameStop has been a godsend with their deals on Xbox OG games, but it's going to be far more difficult to off-load PS3 games now.

All three of my controllers are still in the preparing to ship status. It's been that way since Wednesday. What has your experience been with this? How long does it usually take to ship out controllers?

All three of my controllers are still in the preparing to ship status. It's been that way since Wednesday. What has your experience been with this? How long does it usually take to ship out controllers?
I did forget to mention this but a fellow user here did point me in the right direction and said you should take the tracking and check UPS instead of USPS. In the URL for my order it listed UPS and I thought nothing of it, but from what I'm understanding UPS is where you will find the information.

It's difficult right now because shipping nationwide is under a lot of stress, places are taking a lot longer to deliver. Amazon has been backed up for quite a while, GameStop luckily was quick and easy a while ago (around late April, early May), but now is taking a lot longer.

Sealed, like factory sealed? I haven't seen one of those from gamestop in years. Actually, it could be EBgames I'm thinking of.

How did they give someone the wrong order? Either way, they should check the contents before leaving the "store".

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition just got here. Original cover with both discs inside so that's good but the cover is cracked at the top with a part of it missing so it doesn't close all the way.

Well, my Buy 2 get 1 free order arrived the other day. All 3 original sealed! I was SHOCKED! Not GameStop "New" but ACTUALLY NEW!

Maneater, Sonic and Mario Olympics 2020, and Persona 5 Royale steelbook.

Maneater is a great game but kind of short, if you go faster than I did you can probably finish it in one day.

I don’t post much, came out of the woodworks to do it once recently and doing it again I guess.  I had the most bizarre GameStop order pickup and return experience.  I’ve seen some chauvinistic disgusting comments from that Camelot guy that I think he is a jerk, and usually think the hate pile up on GameStop goes too far, but this was the worst shopping experience I’ve ever had, and potentially dangerous.  A store manager in Princeton Texas said they had to open a sealed game I was returning to accept it.  I just commented “really?” That’s kind of bizarre, I’ve never had someone do that before, but do what you gotta do.”  I made a joke, “you don’t trust me very much”, still no hostility I was aware of, she says “I’m doing my job, I need to make sure the game is in there”.  I say, “it’s factory sealed, thats a little bit insulting, but ok”.  She says “I don’t have to accept anything, you can go to another store to do the return”.  I think I scoffed a little bit, but really don’t think I said or did anything to escalate.  I don’t think I said anything, maybe just “I’d like to do the return and do what you gotta do” again.  I honestly didn’t care she was opening the item other than being a little shocked, and maybe feeling bad that they were needlessly opening a factory sealed game to sell as “new” to someone else.  But to what I think was just a scoff, she says “or I can force you to leave my store.  You want me to call the police?!”  I laughed and said “are you kidding me”, it came out of nowhere.  I asked for her name to do a negative survey, which she said she would love for me to do, and I said “look, I don’t know what happened here but could we de-escalate and just get this done?  At this point I would prefer you open the item so you can see there is nothing going here”.  She opened the box and did the return.  We were chatting about other stuff normally, before, during and after, so that was what made it even more bizarre.  I’m not trying to trash her or anything, but to escalate to threatening to call the police over a pretty casual conversation and transaction, over maybe a scoff, that is scary and dangerous.  I’m thinking I should still report that, with how easy she went to that with me, I felt a little harassed and targeted, like she wanted to needlessly cause a big blown out situation.  If she jumped to that so fast with me, Im sure it’s something she has done with others before.  That’s a serious thing to escalate to, especially right now

Pick up all the VITA games while you can. They're definitely harder to find nowadays, and online stock is very limited.
That is basically what I am doing. The store that gave my order to someone else said I bought every Vita game they had. Took me a couple of hours to map out what games were at each store in my area within a 15 mile radius (including closed ones) and ordered them slowly. One of the closed stores near me has 4 new Vita LEs (according to their stock) so I'm really hoping I can get to them when they finally open since you can't order for pickup online (idk if its because of the games or the store being closed)

Getting a PSTV w/ a 64GB for a little over $200 helped and checking Mercari every day for games really helps. Persona 4 Golden's random price hike was the reason for all this. Went from a $30 game to a $100 game and its CE is over $400 when it used to be a good $80 edition for years.

I don’t post much, came out of the woodworks to do it once recently and doing it again I guess. I had the most bizarre GameStop order pickup and return experience. I’ve seen some chauvinistic disgusting comments from that Camelot guy that I think he is a jerk, and usually think the hate pile up on GameStop goes too far, but this was the worst shopping experience I’ve ever had, and potentially dangerous. A store manager in Princeton Texas said they had to open a sealed game I was returning to accept it. I just commented “really?” That’s kind of bizarre, I’ve never had someone do that before, but do what you gotta do.” I made a joke, “you don’t trust me very much”, still no hostility I was aware of, she says “I’m doing my job, I need to make sure the game is in there”. I say, “it’s factory sealed, thats a little bit insulting, but ok”. She says “I don’t have to accept anything, you can go to another store to do the return”. I think I scoffed a little bit, but really don’t think I said or did anything to escalate. I don’t think I said anything, maybe just “I’d like to do the return and do what you gotta do” again. I honestly didn’t care she was opening the item other than being a little shocked, and maybe feeling bad that they were needlessly opening a factory sealed game to sell as “new” to someone else. But to what I think was just a scoff, she says “or I can force you to leave my store. You want me to call the police?!” I laughed and said “are you kidding me”, it came out of nowhere. I asked for her name to do a negative survey, which she said she would love for me to do, and I said “look, I don’t know what happened here but could we de-escalate and just get this done? At this point I would prefer you open the item so you can see there is nothing going here”. She opened the box and did the return. We were chatting about other stuff normally, before, during and after, so that was what made it even more bizarre. I’m not trying to trash her or anything, but to escalate to threatening to call the police over a pretty casual conversation and transaction, over maybe a scoff, that is scary and dangerous. I’m thinking I should still report that, with how easy she went to that with me, I felt a little harassed and targeted, like she wanted to needlessly cause a big blown out situation. If she jumped to that so fast with me, Im sure it’s something she has done with others before. That’s a serious thing to escalate to, especially right now
Depending on how sophisticated you'd like to get, you can convincingly re-seal games to look new.... so the store may have been taken that way a few times and implemented that rule. Usually when I do a return outside my homestore, I just present the receipt and item, then step to the side to get processed like I'm dealing with the soup nazi. :speaktothehand:

Sealed, like factory sealed? I haven't seen one of those from gamestop in years. Actually, it could be EBgames I'm thinking of.

How did they give someone the wrong order? Either way, they should check the contents before leaving the "store".
Yes, legitimately factory sealed. The Vita games and a Senran Kagura LE being sealed was a huge shock since sealed Vita games are rare to come by anymore.

Their orders were all over the place when I got there so it was clearly a mistake. We probably had similar names and they gave it to him based off my name but I'm still at odds of how he thought a giant boxed Nerf gun would be in that small bag. The box is 3 feet tall and THICC if you stand it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back