2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on how sophisticated you'd like to get, you can convincingly re-seal games to look new.... so the store may have been taken that way a few times and implemented that rule. Usually when I do a return outside my homestore, I just present the receipt and item, then step to the side to get processed like I'm dealing with the soup nazi. :speaktothehand:
Yeah, that’s possible, fine to check, just was so surprising I felt like talking and laughing about it, guess she didn’t like that. Me just making what I thought was a few jokes about it, I had no reason to care, and at worst a scoff. For her to threaten to call the police over that is really wrong. Guess not really the most topical thing to talk about in this thread, but man, what a uniquely terrible experience. Even though I really want to like GameStop, I get good deals from them, sad that if I had to guess a place something like that could most likely happen at, it would be there. The culture and atmosphere is just different than most other retail stores.

Yeah, that’s possible, fine to check, just was so surprising I felt like talking and laughing about it, guess she didn’t like that. Me just making what I thought was a few jokes about it, I had no reason to care, and at worst a scoff. For her to threaten to call the police over that is really wrong. Guess not really the most topical thing to talk about in this thread, but man, what a uniquely terrible experience. Even though I really want to like GameStop, I get good deals from them, sad that if I had to guess a place something like that could most likely happen at, it would be there. The culture and atmosphere is just different than most other retail stores.
That is really odd. They just need to have a scale to weigh the thing. That should prevent any resealing, unless, of course, they return ANOTHER game in the package and re-seal that...but come on now.

That is basically what I am doing. The store that gave my order to someone else said I bought every Vita game they had. Took me a couple of hours to map out what games were at each store in my area within a 15 mile radius (including closed ones) and ordered them slowly. One of the closed stores near me has 4 new Vita LEs (according to their stock) so I'm really hoping I can get to them when they finally open since you can't order for pickup online (idk if its because of the games or the store being closed)

Getting a PSTV w/ a 64GB for a little over $200 helped and checking Mercari every day for games really helps. Persona 4 Golden's random price hike was the reason for all this. Went from a $30 game to a $100 game and its CE is over $400 when it used to be a good $80 edition for years.
Ugh, I've been panic buying Vita games from GS but I get so many that are just the cart and the stores around don't have jack (not to mention, many haven't re-open yet). I bit the bullet and paid the eBay premium on some of them. Just insane.

I don’t post much, came out of the woodworks to do it once recently and doing it again I guess. I had the most bizarre GameStop order pickup and return experience. I’ve seen some chauvinistic disgusting comments from that Camelot guy that I think he is a jerk, and usually think the hate pile up on GameStop goes too far, but this was the worst shopping experience I’ve ever had, and potentially dangerous. A store manager in Princeton Texas said they had to open a sealed game I was returning to accept it. I just commented “really?” That’s kind of bizarre, I’ve never had someone do that before, but do what you gotta do.” I made a joke, “you don’t trust me very much”, still no hostility I was aware of, she says “I’m doing my job, I need to make sure the game is in there”. I say, “it’s factory sealed, thats a little bit insulting, but ok”. She says “I don’t have to accept anything, you can go to another store to do the return”. I think I scoffed a little bit, but really don’t think I said or did anything to escalate. I don’t think I said anything, maybe just “I’d like to do the return and do what you gotta do” again. I honestly didn’t care she was opening the item other than being a little shocked, and maybe feeling bad that they were needlessly opening a factory sealed game to sell as “new” to someone else. But to what I think was just a scoff, she says “or I can force you to leave my store. You want me to call the police?!” I laughed and said “are you kidding me”, it came out of nowhere. I asked for her name to do a negative survey, which she said she would love for me to do, and I said “look, I don’t know what happened here but could we de-escalate and just get this done? At this point I would prefer you open the item so you can see there is nothing going here”. She opened the box and did the return. We were chatting about other stuff normally, before, during and after, so that was what made it even more bizarre. I’m not trying to trash her or anything, but to escalate to threatening to call the police over a pretty casual conversation and transaction, over maybe a scoff, that is scary and dangerous. I’m thinking I should still report that, with how easy she went to that with me, I felt a little harassed and targeted, like she wanted to needlessly cause a big blown out situation. If she jumped to that so fast with me, Im sure it’s something she has done with others before. That’s a serious thing to escalate to, especially right now
Happened to me a few years ago at a Target in the hood. I bought some clearance games that I decided later were not worth it. When I returned them with receipt and redcard the employee said she was going to open them. That startled me so it probably looked suspicious but I've dealt with dumbass employees before and I just wanted to make sure I was getting all of my money back. She gave me a little attitude and I explained that I didnt care what she did with them as long as I got all of my money back and I had never heard or experienced Target (or anyone else) opening returned games before (and its never happened again either). Of course she had also alerted the security guard at the beginning and he was standing very nearby until the transaction was over.

I was going to do the Buy 1 XB1/PS4 Get 1 75% off today, but I didn't read the details and only realized once I was in the store that particular promotion is online only. Luckily the Buy 2 Get 2 free (9.99 and under) is still going on, and I was able to find four 9.99 games from my wish list, all with original cases and artwork--of course, since I was in the store, I could look just at games with original cases.  :whistle2:k

:xb1:  Mafia III

:xb1:  Rime

:360:  Lost Planet 2 (case is in meh condition with water damage to the artwork, but disc is in good condition)

:360:  Red Dead Redemption GOTY

I had already downloaded the Mafia III DLC when it became free, so I was really happy to get the base game for $5.  :twoguns:

I've been able to order games and pick them up (when the stores were 'curbside pick-up only') or to find them while browsing in the store (in recent weeks), and so I haven't gambled on having items shipped. The store I went to today was the second closest to my home, but I hadn't been there before today. Both it and the closest store are well picked-over, so I consider myself lucky to have found four games from my wish list. That said, pickings are getting pretty slim at both stores (especially last-gen games, the ones left are almost all in generic cases). There are barely any PS3 games left at either store.

I don’t post much, came out of the woodworks to do it once recently and doing it again I guess. I had the most bizarre GameStop order pickup and return experience. I’ve seen some chauvinistic disgusting comments from that Camelot guy that I think he is a jerk, and usually think the hate pile up on GameStop goes too far, but this was the worst shopping experience I’ve ever had, and potentially dangerous. A store manager in Princeton Texas said they had to open a sealed game I was returning to accept it. I just commented “really?” That’s kind of bizarre, I’ve never had someone do that before, but do what you gotta do.” I made a joke, “you don’t trust me very much”, still no hostility I was aware of, she says “I’m doing my job, I need to make sure the game is in there”. I say, “it’s factory sealed, thats a little bit insulting, but ok”. She says “I don’t have to accept anything, you can go to another store to do the return”. I think I scoffed a little bit, but really don’t think I said or did anything to escalate. I don’t think I said anything, maybe just “I’d like to do the return and do what you gotta do” again. I honestly didn’t care she was opening the item other than being a little shocked, and maybe feeling bad that they were needlessly opening a factory sealed game to sell as “new” to someone else. But to what I think was just a scoff, she says “or I can force you to leave my store. You want me to call the police?!” I laughed and said “are you kidding me”, it came out of nowhere. I asked for her name to do a negative survey, which she said she would love for me to do, and I said “look, I don’t know what happened here but could we de-escalate and just get this done? At this point I would prefer you open the item so you can see there is nothing going here”. She opened the box and did the return. We were chatting about other stuff normally, before, during and after, so that was what made it even more bizarre. I’m not trying to trash her or anything, but to escalate to threatening to call the police over a pretty casual conversation and transaction, over maybe a scoff, that is scary and dangerous. I’m thinking I should still report that, with how easy she went to that with me, I felt a little harassed and targeted, like she wanted to needlessly cause a big blown out situation. If she jumped to that so fast with me, Im sure it’s something she has done with others before. That’s a serious thing to escalate to, especially right now
That has happened to me a few times when I returned sealed games at Gamestop. Also happened to me back in the day at CompUSA, when I returned a graphics card. I was surprised because they could have sold it as new. You have probably heard of people buying consoles from Walmart and Target and when they get home to open the box, it's a box of rocks.

Here is the Walmart story about a PS4.

https://www.cinemablend.com/games/Walmart-Sold-Man-Box-Rocks-Instead-PS4-69154.html

Her immediate response when I came in with a bag was “that’s not a return is it!?”  I should have known she was going to be resistant with that introduction, but didn’t expect she would resort to threatening to call the police to try to avoid a return.  I‘ve read how stores and maybe even moreso store managers get dinged for returns?  Never been to the store before, it was out in the middle of nowhere, seemed like a small town but looked like a nice enough area.  Right next to a Walmart though, those do get more fraud I think.  I commented a few times, it’s ok, I think you do have a lot of fraud to deal with, so I understand, it’s fine to open it if you want, just seems odd.

After spending hours and hours making pairs of 4 Wii/3DS/DS games for the B2G2 and code stack, I've finally picked most of them up from the 10 or so stores.

Pretty cool to see a decent amount of Wii games still coming with OG case + manual. I'd say about 40% of the 25 or so that I bought came complete. The 3DS/DS side is a whole nother story. Out of probably 50 games spanned across those 10 stores I only got 2 with cases (and manual). I dont care much about DS cases and actually like displaying them how Gamestop does it with those little plastic holders.

It's very weird how the standard is different from store to store. Idk if its store discretion or orders from upper management, but there are some Gamestops that keep all the original cases or have a large abundance of them, some that dont have any OG cases but atleast keep them in the shitty GS cases, and those that just throw away all the cases and put them in yellow sleeves.

Tried looking around for obscure under $10 vita games but almost none in the area. Im not knowledgeable in any way regarding the vita, but I dont understand the appeal at all. Almost every game you can play on the PS3/PS4.

Her immediate response when I came in with a bag was “that’s not a return is it!?” I should have known she was going to be resistant with that introduction, but didn’t expect she would resort to threatening to call the police to try to avoid a return. I‘ve read how stores and maybe even moreso store managers get dinged for returns? Never been to the store before, it was out in the middle of nowhere, seemed like a small town but looked like a nice enough area. Right next to a Walmart though, those do get more fraud I think. I commented a few times, it’s ok, I think you do have a lot of fraud to deal with, so I understand, it’s fine to open it if you want, just seems odd.
I think people are just high strung right now, this entire ordeal has a lot of people stressed and acting out of the ordinary. Don't think too much of this, it probably was just the culmination of a bad day.

After spending hours and hours making pairs of 4 Wii/3DS/DS games for the B2G2 and code stack, I've finally picked most of them up from the 10 or so stores.

Pretty cool to see a decent amount of Wii games still coming with OG case + manual. I'd say about 40% of the 25 or so that I bought came complete. The 3DS/DS side is a whole nother story. Out of probably 50 games spanned across those 10 stores I only got 2 with cases (and manual). I dont care much about DS cases and actually like displaying them how Gamestop does it with those little plastic holders.

It's very weird how the standard is different from store to store. Idk if its store discretion or orders from upper management, but there are some Gamestops that keep all the original cases or have a large abundance of them, some that dont have any OG cases but atleast keep them in the shitty GS cases, and those that just throw away all the cases and put them in yellow sleeves.

Tried looking around for obscure under $10 vita games but almost none in the area. Im not knowledgeable in any way regarding the vita, but I dont understand the appeal at all. Almost every game you can play on the PS3/PS4.
Frankly, and this is coming from a launch Vita owner, the games are not a good investment and I personally wouldn't buy them. The homebrew community for the Vita is one of the most dedicated and active (even better than the 3DS community) and have had the system cracked open years ago. Lot of interesting stuff in there, especially the built in complete PSP emulation (down to having the boot screens and XMB menus functioning exactly the same). Anyways, game cards have fallen by the wayside for the majority of Vita users. A while back the communities contacted and got some tech manufacturers in China to produce custom designed SD card adapters to overcome the memory issue. Any of the games under $10 are usually poor quality games or not worth it. You are right however, but the main appeal of the system is being able to have near PS3 level graphics on the go. Predates the Switch but was ahead of it's time.

Not that anyone is on the edge of their seat wanting more info, but I like just getting it all out there if really bringing up an issue or situation.  I’ve already written enough is the only reason I didn’t initially include this as well, but just to cover everything.  I did have two returns.  The other, and first was a dark souls bonfire light up plastic statue.  Really cheesy looking, I don’t recommend it.  That was the first return I brought up, I said I wanted to return it because it was GameStop “new” open box to begin with, and I found it to be missing the usb charging cable once I opened it at home.  A problem entirely caused by GameStop’s shady description of “new” in that regard.  She says she can’t accept the return if it’s missing an item, I said you get how wrong that is right?  GameStop sold me the box with an item missing and you won’t accept the return because you didn’t include it to begin with?  I wouldn’t steal a usb cable.  That’s when she started on the “i don’t have to accept the return if I don’t want to” refrain, that she used a few times.  I solicited that I saw a few on the shelves, and I would prefer to return the item, but I can switch it if I have to.  She talked about how even that would be doing me a favor.  It’s a cheesy item, I didn’t want it anymore but pushover that I am I saiid if that’s the best she can do, fine.  Them selling me an open item with a component missing and me returning it in exact same condition though, I would have been completely within my rights for a return.   I know I read stuff like this online and I think the writer is downplaying their own role, so I get if anyone thinks that about me, but my comment, “you get how wrong that is, right?” And the “are you kidding me?” when she threatened the police out of nowhere are the only times I may have raised my voice a bit”.  So that’s what led into the next return and the joke “you don’t trust me very much”, and on from there.  Just thought I might as well post the whole story.  Distortion or misinformation is a big pet peeve of mine and I think the foundation and start of much larger problems in the world so i just felt the need to post the whole thing I guess.  This should maybe make the whole thing make alittle more sense overall.  K, I’m done hijacking the thread now!

Not that anyone is on the edge of their seat wanting more..........
Its a shame you had a bad experience, especially being a long time gamer, and Im no champion of gs, but theres a few thing that stick out as red flags. I dont know about Texas, but Walmart and a few other stores around here will not accept any returns at this time, I have no idea if thats a gs thing as well, but its a fact of life right now. Another fact is people try to return resealed items all the time, if this gs has a policy to check items upon return, what they do with it after you get your money back is none of your business. In regards to the open box(gs open or not) missing an item, again, people scam stores all the time by saying something was missing, some stores just eat it, this store has a policy to take returns with all the parts, a simple phone call upon the immediate discovery of that problem may have avoided an issue. So without being there, seems like she was telling you or doing what she was supposed to do and you didnt like it, and you let her know, several times, by an array of comments, Im not sure about the police thing, but there are two sides to every story, could be you were giving her a hard time for doing the job as she was told to do it.

Does anyone know why the ps tv has started going for an absurd amount? Last I checked it was going for about $150 but now it seems to be even more.

Does anyone know why the ps tv has started going for an absurd amount? Last I checked it was going for about $150 but now it seems to be even more.
That pretty much goes for almost every system right now. People need something to do right now that so many people have to stay at home.

On another note, I can't believe Gamestop hasn't opened in my area (Los Angeles County). They allowed retail businesses to open back up on Wednesday and yesterday they even allowed barber shops and beauty salons to open back up. They were so desperate to stay open when this all began. I actually called one of my local stores this morning to ask if they'd be opening anytime soon and they had no idea. Maybe they just really liked the curbside pickup so much they'd rather just stick with that.

Not that anyone is on the edge of their seat wanting more info, but I like just getting it all out there if really bringing up an issue or situation. I’ve already written enough is the only reason I didn’t initially include this as well, but just to cover everything. I did have two returns. The other, and first was a dark souls bonfire light up plastic statue. Really cheesy looking, I don’t recommend it. That was the first return I brought up, I said I wanted to return it because it was GameStop “new” open box to begin with, and I found it to be missing the usb charging cable once I opened it at home. A problem entirely caused by GameStop’s shady description of “new” in that regard. She says she can’t accept the return if it’s missing an item, I said you get how wrong that is right? GameStop sold me the box with an item missing and you won’t accept the return because you didn’t include it to begin with? I wouldn’t steal a usb cable. That’s when she started on the “i don’t have to accept the return if I don’t want to” refrain, that she used a few times. I solicited that I saw a few on the shelves, and I would prefer to return the item, but I can switch it if I have to. She talked about how even that would be doing me a favor. It’s a cheesy item, I didn’t want it anymore but pushover that I am I saiid if that’s the best she can do, fine. Them selling me an open item with a component missing and me returning it in exact same condition though, I would have been completely within my rights for a return. I know I read stuff like this online and I think the writer is downplaying their own role, so I get if anyone thinks that about me, but my comment, “you get how wrong that is, right?” And the “are you kidding me?” when she threatened the police out of nowhere are the only times I may have raised my voice a bit”. So that’s what led into the next return and the joke “you don’t trust me very much”, and on from there. Just thought I might as well post the whole story. Distortion or misinformation is a big pet peeve of mine and I think the foundation and start of much larger problems in the world so i just felt the need to post the whole thing I guess. This should maybe make the whole thing make alittle more sense overall. K, I’m done hijacking the thread now!
Take your receipt and instead of doing just a survey reach out on social media and bring attention to the issue. I understand this pandemic has gotten people all screwed up and that working a retail outlet isn't ideal but its very clear she doesn't value her job. There are plenty of people right now who would very gladly take the hours to support themselves or their families who are better suited for a customer facing position.

This is straight up mistreatment of customers and wouldn't be tolerated in any normal situation.

I’m going to GameStop to buy a PS5 when it launches with my second stimulus check, if I have funds left over I will get a Xbox. Anyone else doing this?

Ugh, I've been panic buying Vita games from GS but I get so many that are just the cart and the stores around don't have jack (not to mention, many haven't re-open yet). I bit the bullet and paid the eBay premium on some of them. Just insane.
Yeah a lot of the stores around me barely have any Vita games but getting some cart only is okay because even by ordering a replacement case and a repro artwork is more cost effective for some games like P4G or MGS HD for example. The only premium I paid for Vita games was importing the Persona 3 and 5 Dancing bundle since it only released physically for the PS4 here in the US and the Persona 4 Dancing's SE since its super cheap over there. Once I feel like I've had enough games, I'm going to start importing exclusive JP consoles and I know that's going to hurt a lot more.

I'm still praying that GS with the 4 LEs is correct with their stock and the system lets me order them when the store opens, but im scared the site doesn't let it happen because of the special editions in general. I know other items outright don't let you either.

I just made sure on one special edition that was in stock in more than one store and it lets me order it for pickup at that one but not at the closed store, so I am going to assume it will let me when that store eventually opens

That pretty much goes for almost every system right now. People need something to do right now that so many people have to stay at home.

On another note, I can't believe Gamestop hasn't opened in my area (Los Angeles County). They allowed retail businesses to open back up on Wednesday and yesterday they even allowed barber shops and beauty salons to open back up. They were so desperate to stay open when this all began. I actually called one of my local stores this morning to ask if they'd be opening anytime soon and they had no idea. Maybe they just really liked the curbside pickup so much they'd rather just stick with that.
My understanding is that stores who laid off low wage earning employees are having trouble getting them to come back. Could be different by state. We went to a restaurant yesterday where we were regulars before COVID, the bartender we know was telling us how they are struggling to get the kitchen staff back and eluded to the fact that unemployment is paying better right now.

So if you are noticing some retail stores and restaurants remaining closed...my guess it they can not get employees to come back while unemployment is paying a bonus.

Persona 4 Golden's random price hike was the reason for all this. Went from a $30 game to a $100 game and its CE is over $400 when it used to be a good $80 edition for years.
Not so much "random game hike" as "random series hike"; for some reason, that, SMT4, SMT4A, SMT DeSu overclocked, and SMT DS Soul Hackers've all spiked. Ain't hit the Persona Qs, Strange Journey Redux, or anything older (like the reprinted PS2 titles) as hard, but those earlier last-gen cart games all skyrocketed after being pretty much universally ~$20 CiB used games for years; look to be setting themselves up at the PSP Persona 1-3 price point or something.

My understanding is that stores who laid off low wage earning employees are having trouble getting them to come back. Could be different by state. We went to a restaurant yesterday where we were regulars before COVID, the bartender we know was telling us how they are struggling to get the kitchen staff back and eluded to the fact that unemployment is paying better right now.

So if you are noticing some retail stores and restaurants remaining closed...my guess it they can not get employees to come back while unemployment is paying a bonus.
"They can not get employees to come back" is a strange way of saying they refuse to pay employees enough to interact with the public in a time of pandemic.

Thanks for anyone that took the time to read through my huge no paragraph posts.  GameStop’s in Texas are definitely taking returns no problem, so it wasn’t that.  I assume they have security cameras with audio, I would be really curious to review the whole thing, know that wouldn’t happen.  I guess she was probably annoyed and tired of me chatting about the situation, but that’s a really crappy and wrong reason to threaten to call the police.  I had no reason at all to be resistant to her opening the item, I always replied that is perfectly fine.  “I have to open the item” > “a little odd, but ok, go ahead” > “or I could force you to leave my store and call the police!”  She should not have jumped to that out of annoyance, that’s my biggest concern.

Yeah. The employees are making more on unemployment. Until that is no longer happening, there is no reason for them to go back to work.

"They can not get employees to come back" is a strange way of saying they refuse to pay employees enough to interact with the public in a time of pandemic.
I dont want to derail the thread, and have the mods come in, but I agree with you for the most part, unfortunately there are those who believe, or have seen first hand, and those who dont believe, and thats their right, but its not only about money, I wouldnt clean windows on skyscrapers, deep sea fish, or go back to work at the stock exchange having to sigh a waiver that I wont blame them if I got sick.

Back on thread topic: Someone mentioned about what gs might do once this comes to an end, well I got bad news from a local store, they were recently told they are closing the location, and they started shipping goods out. They were not on the list of closing stores that was published, there were doing well, and hitting their numbers before the shutdown, and this came out of the blue, according to the employee and store manager I spoke to at different times, and it was eluded that were not the only store this had happened to. This may mean nothing to some of you, but to others who called it, there may be alot less gs stores when all is said and done.

This is not a political statement or a suggestion on "how things ought to be." I am simply stating an observation of fact; I am not expressing my personal opinion on the situation.

If stores in your area remain closed or in limited operation even though government restrictions have been reduced or lifted, staffing issues due to current unemployment windfall may be a primary or contributing factor to consider. Each situation and business may have many impact factors and any correlation could also be coincidental.

So I have to ask, and sorry if this has been answered in the past, how do you all buy online? Every time I try, I keep getting an error. I've used different browsers, incognito modes, cleared cookies.... Stores by me are still closed so unfortunately that's not really an option.

Not sure if this is the 'game plan' for Southern CA, but I was told that all of the Gamestop's here in Central CA will be opening up for customers next Friday (June 5th). My home store might have some drama as the SL is very leery about COVID-19. I was told by the ASL from the location 2 miles away that they might close that location and move over to my home store as the SL might refuse to open next Friday as asked.

Not so much "random game hike" as "random series hike"; for some reason, that, SMT4, SMT4A, SMT DeSu overclocked, and SMT DS Soul Hackers've all spiked. Ain't hit the Persona Qs, Strange Journey Redux, or anything older (like the reprinted PS2 titles) as hard, but those earlier last-gen cart games all skyrocketed after being pretty much universally ~$20 CiB used games for years; look to be setting themselves up at the PSP Persona 1-3 price point or something.

A ton of Vita games in general shot up in price. MLB 15 The Show is over $120 since its only a download code and it used to be $30 for years, Mary Skelter Nightmares is rising as we speak and its getting bids as high as $80, Jak Collection is around $70, and etc. The Persona games always eventually rise but P4G's was a sudden spike because before stimulus, it was very cheap.

The stimulus payments made everything collectible rise out of nowhere, even POPs for example. A My Hero Academia POP exclusive to NYCC went from being worth $45 to being worth around $300

I think the price hike on used video games is here to stay.
Definitely makes a good case for unloading right now, at any rate; kinda hard to look at a collection of 5th-6th gen forward games - and seeing each going for prices I'd considered prohibitively expensive when eyeing saturn games back in the early 'aughts - without the sensible part of the brain starting a bid for control from the part that thinks that shelf could really use just a bit more plastic on it.

All those dragon quest titles I got from squenix sales for $12 inching up to, and past, the $100 mark...
all those SPY 6/19 320c I could watch decay into ash with that money instead...

Drove 40 minutes and paid toll to pick up an order that was picked yesterday. Guess no one showed up to work the store today. No email, no note on the door, no one answering the phone, and still security fenced up.

Come on.

Drove 40 minutes and paid toll to pick up an order that was picked yesterday. Guess no one showed up to work the store today. No email, no note on the door, no one answering the phone, and still security fenced up.

Come on.
I'm sorry to hear that, I don't what's going on at some of the stores. It happened to me recently as well. Ordered some B2G2 games for pick up at a store I rarely go to on the 21st. Didn't get the chance to head that way when I got the call they were ready. No big deal as I figured I could go the next day and get them. No one is there working, no notes on the door, and no answer when I called several times.

Called my home store and asked what to do about it, after that I called customer service and had the order cancelled. That same store was open for a couple of days before shutting down again.

Come on.
If the store is close to a potential protest zone, might be shut down for a few more weeks? :bomb:

I'm sorry to hear that, I don't what's going on at some of the stores. It happened to me recently as well. Ordered some B2G2 games for pick up at a store I rarely go to on the 21st. Didn't get the chance to head that way when I got the call they were ready. No big deal as I figured I could go the next day and get them. No one is there working, no notes on the door, and no answer when I called several times.

Called my home store and asked what to do about it, after that I called customer service and had the order cancelled. That same store was open for a couple of days before shutting down again.
I would have it cancelled but it's like 5 different orders lmao. Its really wack that they never offered a true ship from store method, considering they do that for online orders. I'll probably end up trying to call before I go back tomorrow, other than that I really might just have to cancel.

If the store is close to a potential protest zone, might be shut down for a few more weeks? :bomb:
It is lol. And it's right next to a target too. City has a curfew but I haven't really seen much action around/in it. If no one shows up for a week I guess it'll just automatically cancel my order, even though they literally called me yesterday saying my order is ready.

Definitely makes a good case for unloading right now, at any rate; kinda hard to look at a collection of 5th-6th gen forward games - and seeing each going for prices I'd considered prohibitively expensive when eyeing saturn games back in the early 'aughts - without the sensible part of the brain starting a bid for control from the part that thinks that shelf could really use just a bit more plastic on it.

All those dragon quest titles I got from squenix sales for $12 inching up to, and past, the $100 mark...
all those SPY 6/19 320c I could watch decay into ash with that money instead...
I wouldn’t unload anything that you would want later. Cause if the price hike is here to stay then you’d have to pay more to get it back

I see people on YouTube talking about sell your common n64 games like Mario party and kart, and goldeneye...but really I wouldn’t unless u don’t play those games And don’t plan on playing them in the future.

I wouldn’t. I’ve made a nice chunk of change reselling games that aren’t part of my collection.

But I am highly considering selling my gba games to get an everdrive. I’d love a n64 everdrive too

Picked up 4 new "boxed" (collector versions that come with large artbooks/other bonuses) switch games today from the B2G1 sale. None of the four were sealed in plastic. I get it, typical gamestop, these must have been the last copies and therefore store displays but they are still "new" with everything included... Right? Nope, 3 of the 4 games did not come with the game cases. They just had the game cartridge in a paper CD sleeve shoved into the game box. Not even a generic switch case but a piece of paper meant for a CD. Found out when I got home and opened them, stores told me nothing. Not a "hey, there is no case, is that okay?" Or "we'll credit you the difference between pre-owned and new since there is no case." Pretty scummy thing to do especially in a time when they are not taking returns. These were from two different places so they're both at fault.

Picked up 4 new "boxed" (collector versions that come with large artbooks/other bonuses) switch games today from the B2G1 sale. None of the four were sealed in plastic. I get it, typical gamestop, these must have been the last copies and therefore store displays but they are still "new" with everything included... Right? Nope, 3 of the 4 games did not come with the game cases. They just had the game cartridge in a paper CD sleeve shoved into the game box. Not even a generic switch case but a piece of paper meant for a CD. Found out when I got home and opened them, stores told me nothing. Not a "hey, there is no case, is that okay?" Or "we'll credit you the difference between pre-owned and new since there is no case." Pretty scummy thing to do especially in a time when they are not taking returns. These were from two different places so they're both at fault.
The exact same thing happened to me where the game was in a white sleeve in the LE box. Only difference is I opened it when I got to my car so I was able to call back and he spotted the case on the shelf. The box had those clear circle stickers so he thought everything was in there.

Hopefully you can get the game cases too.

They closed everything in our area, we're just outside of Chicago. Looters/vandals are going around causing a lot of havoc... the police have no way to distinguish them from the actual protesters.

2020 is seriously looking to be insane.

They hit the suburbs hard. Like an attack in all directions out outside the city. In 2 weeks, expect another lockdown for COVID.

They closed everything in our area, we're just outside of Chicago. Looters/vandals are going around causing a lot of havoc... the police have no way to distinguish them from the actual protesters.

2020 is seriously looking to be insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back