2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be completely out of the blue but did anyone buy Sakura Wars launch edition from GS and find the shrinkwrap kinda loose?
Mine came from Best Buy, the seal on the wrapping wasn’t the tightest, but I was more concerned that the case was smashed in transit.

Mine came from Best Buy, the seal on the wrapping wasn’t the tightest, but I was more concerned that the case was smashed in transit.
Yeah, mine kind looks like someone stepped on it in the middle. No actual damage, but the case is like, hollowed in a bit and the plastic wrap is open on one side- just enough to where a loose disc could be slipped out... and I don't hear a disc in there. I don't want to open it and run into a game-less copy, which is gonna be impossible to return.

I'm just really annoyed the Vita stock is inaccurate right now because I can't order the games I know are in stock at this one store (called to verify).

Does anyone even know if the promo would work in store if I bought them in person?

Appreciate the heads up on the %50 off $100. I just picked up a 2DS XL at Walmart yesterday and this was a great opportunity snag a few games to get started.

New Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Zelda: OOT
Luigi's Mansion: DM
Star Fox 64
Ultimate NES Remix

$58 after tax and discounts

I was up to like $99 but decided to scale back...

Now that I have rolled the proverbial dice...we wait

Got the shipped email...
this is almost my list too, except replace nes remix with majora's mask. oh and bought 2 super smash bros 3ds for my kids new 2ds xl's in an earlier order

I'm just really annoyed the Vita stock is inaccurate right now because I can't order the games I know are in stock at this one store (called to verify).
Does anyone even know if the promo would work in store if I bought them in person?
Have you tried changing the pickup location in the app when looking at the item? That's worked for me

Yeah, I was going to say that's the one snag I've come across. The website doesn't TECHNICALLY say the sale is online only, so they might be able to help you out.

Black people are being hunted in the street like dogs but god forbid you can’t return some games.
jqZkkzs.jpg

This might be completely out of the blue but did anyone buy Sakura Wars launch edition from GS and find the shrinkwrap kinda loose?
Got 2 copies from Best Buy. One copy has shrinkwrap that was opened from the side, but after opening it everything appeared to be fine.

Wednesday

I barely got my last order of 5 games 50% from the first time they did. Almost took a month lol
I just got an email that all 3 shipped out. Good grief. My estimated delivery is June 10th. 3 controllers are heavier than just one game and given the worlds current state, I'm okay with having to wait that long.

I still don't understand why people are rioting and looting places that had nothing to do with what happened as horrible as it was. It solves nothing and hurts so many innocent people. I also don't understand how the violence spreads across the country. I mean, the Minnesota police station being destroyed makes sense but why are people destroying Targets and other stores all across the USA?

I just got an email that all 3 shipped out.

I still don't understand why people are rioting and looting places that had nothing to do with what happened as horrible as it was. It solves nothing and hurts so many innocent people. I also don't understand how the violence spreads across the country. I mean, the Minnesota police station being destroyed makes sense but why are people destroying Targets and other stores all across the USA?
Because if you want to discredit protests against police brutality, you don't do it by confronting the protesters. You do it by setting some fires to distract from the protests and letting the media frame the burning and looting of businesses as "what they're REALLY after."

I just got an email that all 3 shipped out. Good grief. My estimated delivery is June 10th. 3 controllers are heavier than just one game and given the worlds current state, I'm okay with having to wait that long.

Most of the arson and looting is done by anarchists and people who only want to discredit one side. There is even video evidence of corrupt police officers setting up piles of bricks near businesses when the streets are completely empty. No reason whatsoever why a police unit would have any need to do such a thing.

Most of the arson and looting is done by anarchists and people who only want to discredit one side. There is even video evidence of corrupt police officers setting up piles of bricks near businesses when the streets are completely empty. No reason whatsoever why a police unit would have any need to do such a thing.
To be fair, that might be happening in some areas, but where I am, it's almost exclusively African Americans. Theres 100+ videos of proof of them swarming stores in packs of over 100.

Looks like another 3-4 gamestops got hit around me tonight. Won't be surprised if there arent any stores left to even re-open within 30 miles at the end of the week.

To be fair, that might be happening in some areas, but where I am, it's almost exclusively African Americans. Theres 100+ videos of proof of them swarming stores in packs of over 100.

Looks like another 3-4 gamestops got hit around me tonight. Won't be surprised if there arent any stores left to even re-open within 30 miles at the end of the week.
fuck you. Calling people “packs” and swarming- you are a racist piece of shit and we all know you support trump and fascism disguised as phony white Christians

Unfortunately the inventory checker is still turned onto "Only show if there is more than 1 copy" mode. Perhaps this was an intentional move and it will go back to normal tomorrow. It would have been nice to have used this for in-store pick-up.

This intentional pivot has been brought to you by Strike Anywhere and the "Ouch, that was... a rough one" initiative.

I swear it's a lottery when it comes to these 50% off pre-owned games deals. It might take 2 days or one month to get your order. You may or may not get an original case (we always knew this was a possibility though...) With the stores being closed to the pandemic and now the looting, who knows if your order will actually get filled?

With that being said, I put two B2G2 orders in on Sunday and now they are already out for delivery today. About a week or so ago i ordered two packs of Pokemon cards as fillers for free shipping on my PS4 Back Button order and they still haven't arrived.

Wednesday

I barely got my last order of 5 games 50% from the first time they did. Almost took a month lol

I mean, I kinda want to get the DotD Neverwinter Nights, but can't find anything else to get close to enable 50% off or free shipping. These DotDs not working with certs really kills the fun out of having a pro membership. 

I ordered from the flash sale yesterday and received a shipment notification before my one in-store pickup item was even ready. It arrived today.... definitely going to chalk it up as an outlier. Unfortunately out of 6 games ordered one was incorrect (got the PS3 version of Far Cry 4 instead of PS4), but for Kingdom Hearts 3 they sent me a sealed copy of the Deluxe Edition.

from the coupons fine print 

*1 coupon per person/per month. Excludes pre-owned products, gift cards and select digital items.

what the hell Excludes pre-owned products

Appreciate the heads up on the %50 off $100. I just picked up a 2DS XL at Walmart yesterday and this was a great opportunity snag a few games to get started.

New Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Zelda: OOT
Luigi's Mansion: DM
Star Fox 64
Ultimate NES Remix

$58 after tax and discounts

I was up to like $99 but decided to scale back...

Now that I have rolled the proverbial dice...we wait

Got the shipped email...
Games arrived today, nice shipping turnaround. They can from a store under 2 hours away.

3 gen black cases (one is busted), two Nintendo white cases (not artwork though), and one loose in the plastic display package thing. On first inspection the carts all appear to be in great shape but not familiar with DS so I admit I don't know what to look for...

About what I expected but was hopeful for some complete games since these were somewhat newer stuff.

from the coupons fine print

*1 coupon per person/per month. Excludes pre-owned products, gift cards and select digital items.

what the hell [font='helvetica neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Excludes pre-owned products[/font]
The $5 PUR coupon? Working on pre-owned games just fine for me.

Has anyone tried to use the June $5 reward in-store on currency cards, like eShop or PSN yet?
I did for a $20 eShop card at my home store today, worked just fine.

Edit: I went there to pick up my flash sale order which was ready yesterday. They closed early due to rioting concerns from the protests. Thankfully last night's protest that stretched from the UNM main campus through the downtown area remained peaceful.

My haul:

Trials Rising Gold Edition (NSW)

LEGO Worlds (NSW)

Super Smash Bros. (3DS)

Onimusha Warlords (PS4)

AC IV: Black Flag (XB1)

Ghost Recon: Wildlands (XB1)

Saw a few of the Playstation Days of Play games dropped below the $9.99 pre-owned price...better snatch them up quick with the B2G2 (CAG16 still works) while they have them.  I was also able to use my $5 rewards cert, so $16 for Last of Us Remastered, Nioh, Bloodborne and AC: Origins (they sent me a XB1 disc instead of a PS4 disc in my last B2G2 order, so i'll just send it to my brother). 

Google has the most up-to-date info on which stores are still open. Gamestop's website still list my home store as open even though it closed down permanently last week. It also looks like one store was looted next to a Walmart because it is closed (was open just a few days ago) for the rest of the week (according to google).

I don't mind one email a day from sites I want email from, but Gamestop is super bored or something with me getting 3-5 emails a day about different things on sale.

Tried the "online only" version of those certificates and it didn't even show up in my active offers. So I wouldn't bother with the online only versions. In the past they worked, but cancelled out the sale by disqualifying games.

First, it was getting a "new" game from the online store with the Gamestop circle sticker seal. Second, it was only being able to use two gift cards per online transaction. Third, this coupon issue.

I think Gamestop has replaced Nintendo as being the number 1 company for me, to not want money.
The online only certs appear in your "Digital Locker" but the title just says, "null"

The code should work, but there's literally no indicator what it is until you apply the code to your cart.

Unfortunately, the code doesn't work on things marked down in a red font online... so lame

I'm getting free shipping just fine, and it still says "Free No Hurry Shipping Orders $35+" so I'm not sure why anyone may think it's $45 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back