2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting free shipping just fine, and it still says "Free No Hurry Shipping Orders $35+" so I'm not sure why anyone may think it's $45 now?
Maybe they changed it depending on zip code? As yeah last I checked it this morning still says 35 for me as well. Nothing is in stock so nothing for me to buy.

They've been making changes to the website this morning.  It was $35 when i placed and order early morning, saw it changed to $45 late morning, and now see it back to $35 now.  Kinda looks like they tried to change it to $45 but accidentally broke free shipping and just reverted it back for now.

Same thing happening to me. It says the game is available in store but won't let me add to cart.
Every game I've looked at on the website today says it's not available for pickup at my local store. I've looked at like 50 different games including popular stuff they always have tons of (CoD/sports games) and the games I was looking at just last night that said they were available. But nothing today.

Something weird is up with the website for sure. Kind of annoying as I was going to use my monthly $5 towards one of the Days of Play games since I want a few of them.

As shipping continues to be messed up, might be worth mentioning that I was able to get free shipping on a order total of $10 just now.  b2g2 set w/ c16 & june $5 cert.

Deal of the Day - Get 5 select $4.99 Pre-Owned Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4 Games for $10
I don't know if all these sales are about:

A.) Cleaning House of Inventory (for whatever reason)

B.) Trying to make up for sales lost from the decrease in foot traffic in stores

C.) Both

I got all 8 of my games from the recently 50% off sale and all 8 (3DS and PS4) games were game only, 6 of them weren't even in cases at all, just the yellow sleeves. Crazy. And every single game came from stores, not their Grapevine warehouse. I think I've gotten cases on less than 5% of my purchases from this year. 

/rant 

I don't know if all these sales are about:

A.) Cleaning House of Inventory (for whatever reason)

B.) Trying to make up for sales lost from the decrease in foot traffic in stores

C.) Both
As someone else mentioned, the stores that are closing did not have a clearance sale. My guess is they shipped their inventory back to the warehouse or just shipped it to other stores.

I received Titan fall 2, Mass effect A, and Kingdom hearts 3 with the no shrink wrap but the Xbox stinker still intact. They must be selling certain new inventory as used.  

No it isn't.
Not sure what to tell you. It is for me.

WjRdp72.jpg

auKIPoa.jpg

No discounts applied. Total cart is $39.98.

Not sure what to tell you. It is for me.

No discounts applied. Total cart is $39.98.
It said the same thing for me 1 minute then switched back to $35 and now it is back to $45. Something is up with their site. I just notice Firefox is $45 and Chrome is $35.

02RLM9T.jpg

As someone else mentioned, the stores that are closing did not have a clearance sale. My guess is they shipped their inventory back to the warehouse or just shipped it to other stores.
That's typically how stores with a strong distribution network function. These sales were done to get rid of cheap stock quick on games they just can't make any money on. It's all about utilizing space in their warehouses as effectively and efficiently as possible.

I received Titan fall 2, Mass effect A, and Kingdom hearts 3 with the no shrink wrap but the Xbox stinker still intact. They must be selling certain new inventory as used.
Each of those carries little value new or used so I wouldn't be surprised. I saw ME A several times at 5 Below and all of those at Goodwill stores.

Anyone get shipping info from that 75% Collectible sale a few days ago? Picked up a couple of things however haven't got shipping from any yet. All 12 games I ordered last night, has already shipped w/ info.

Anyone get shipping info from that 75% Collectible sale a few days ago? Picked up a couple of things however haven't got shipping from any yet. All 12 games I ordered last night, has already shipped w/ info.
All the stuff I ordered shipped. A few have already been delivered.

Sorry, I've looked over the thread but any deals/codes right for buying new games? Looking to pick up something and might as well throw in some other stuff to get free shipping....

A few times I have seen items go in/out of stock at a GameStop in an in-door mall that had been closed the whole time due to the virus.

Like with other stuff I think their system is just a big buggy mess.

Guess you weren't ever subbed to Fry's emails when they were still relevant.
Yeah, sure miss getting e-currency on the cheap, especially now with the Steam summer sale starts soon.

I am amazed they are still in business, I stopped going to them about last year due to how depressingly bare their shelves and sections were getting.

Finally the other half of my order from the 50% off sale arrived.  pokemon fighting game wiiu was in a generic case, yoshi's wooly crafted world or whatever was in its original box, super mario advance gba was in a giant ziplock bag, mario kart 8 also in generic case. I didn't expect anything with the gba game but I'm surprised the wii u stuff didn't come with their cases.  Pokemon and mario kart looked fine.  There wasn't a scratch on mario kart but pokemon had a tiny v shaped scratch on it.  Yoshi though since it had that residue others mentioned from their resurfacing machines.  Luckily it was only on the bottom of the disc a qtr inch from the center ring so I hope it didn't mess anything up.

Four days ago gamestop updated the status of the two new b2g1 games I purchased during memorial day sale to shipped I have checked the tracking every day since I noticed the expected delivery date keeps getting pushed back a day I checked the tracking number on the usps site it shows

USPS Currently Awaiting Package

A status update is not yet available for your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon.

It seems gamestop has marked the games as shipped but they have not shipped my games what can I do?

Four days ago gamestop updated the status of the two new b2g1 games I purchased during memorial day sale to shipped I have checked the tracking every day since I noticed the expected delivery date keeps getting pushed back a day I checked the tracking number on the usps site it shows

USPS Currently Awaiting Package

A status update is not yet available for your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon.

It seems gamestop has marked the games as shipped but they have not shipped my games what can I do?
Wait.

And learn what UPS Innovations is.

Ordered 3 3DS games on Monday for the % Off Under $19.99 sale and already got them yesterday.  Turned out they came straight from the closest store the next town over.  Except for one of them, I ordered Zelda Link Between Worlds and got Zelda Ocarina of Time instead.  But I consider it a win for me because Link Between Worlds was cheaper anyway.  All generic cases, but I wasn't expecting much for 3DS games at this point.

So does the $5 monthly very work with B2G2? Because I’m the last reward cents didnt, but it seems like they do now. Also, do reward certs with points work on the B2G2?

Wait, so if you return a game, you have to put the funds towards something else..? Is that legal?
I paid with debit so I guess I could have gotten a GS gift card, but normally they refund debit transactions as cash & I didn’t want or need to challenge it since I had something else I wanted to get instead.

I was able to use my $5 monthly PUR cert on PS+ 12 month membership in store (TX). It came out to $36.99 before tax. It does not work on the physical PS+ cards, you have to ask them to pull it up on their computer, promo 216872.

I was also able to get BF1 DotD in store for $1 (just wanted the case), an override was needed.

I'm still wondering how they are going to process returns. Will they stick to the 30 day window for new stuff, even if the stores are closed?
I was able to return a sealed game from March 14. It really just depends on who you get to help you with the transaction because there are those who like to play hardball, and those who analyze the situation and accommodate the customer by processing the return even if past 30 days.

I was able to use my $5 monthly PUR cert on PS+ 12 month membership in store (TX). It came out to $36.99 before tax. It does not work on the physical PS+ cards, you have to ask them to pull it up on their computer, promo 216872.

I was also able to get BF1 DotD in store for $1 (just wanted the case), an override was needed.
Bet they would have given you the case or a few if you told them that.

You can’t shop in store in California it’s still illegal and with everything going on why would GameStop want people in there stores?
Odd. My county in NorCal East Bay opened up indoor shopping yesterday. Of course, many of the stores are still closed because of the looting...

I also thought most counties in the State had moved to stage 2b this week, which would allow for in-store shopping.

I paid with debit so I guess I could have gotten a GS gift card, but normally they refund debit transactions as cash & I didn’t want or need to challenge it since I had something else I wanted to get instead.
I returned a game that came broken. At first guy said I had to call customer service since they are not handing out cash. I told him customer service told me to do the return in store. At that point he said he would try to do the return to my card but wasn’t sure it could be done since he had not tried it before. It worked I got refunded to my Debit card within 2 -3 days.

So I got a question.. for those of you who have been inside one of your local GSes before and after the corona closures... who do those stores look? Are they about the same? Or do they look like they're being emptied out? 

I'm starting to wonder if they're just reducing their footprint and focusing more towards online sales. While I've gotten many more incomplete games (95% of my games over the past month were game only, vs historically I'd say it was closer to 70%), I haven't had any order related issues- no cancellations, no missing items. 

So I got a question.. for those of you who have been inside one of your local GSes before and after the corona closures... who do those stores look? Are they about the same? Or do they look like they're being emptied out?

I'm starting to wonder if they're just reducing their footprint and focusing more towards online sales. While I've gotten many more incomplete games (95% of my games over the past month were game only, vs historically I'd say it was closer to 70%), I haven't had any order related issues- no cancellations, no missing items.
The store that I went to today only had games. There weren't any collectibles. The store seemed empty compared to how it use to be (no not going out of business).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back