2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you people buy up their stock of avicii invector already so it can stop showing up as dotd. Ditto for Monkey king, indivisible, Hellmut and the other repeat offenders.

Has anyone been able to use their $5 monthly certificate in store for this month?   I can't get it to work online on anything and just curious if it's worked in store for anyone.

Has anyone been able to use their $5 monthly certificate in store for this month? I can't get it to work online on anything and just curious if it's worked in store for anyone.
It worked for me on a PS+ 12 month membership in store (not physical card, ask employee to pull it up on their computer). Came out to $36.99 before tax.

Has anyone been able to use their $5 monthly certificate in store for this month? I can't get it to work online on anything and just curious if it's worked in store for anyone.
I did some rearranging my preorders yesterday and told the associate I planned to use it when I pick up spongebob. She said it would work and she has been there a while so I don't expect an issue. Got a $5 xb card with last month's a few weeks ago with no issues.

I did some rearranging my preorders yesterday and told the associate I planned to use it when I pick up spongebob. She said it would work and she has been there a while so I don't expect an issue. Got a $5 xb card with last month's a few weeks ago with no issues.
Just got back and apparently some people are having trouble redeeming the $5 monthly certificate right now. Seems to be a software bug preventing it from being redeemed. But the DM told the stores in my area to manually adjust for it. But was able to get Bloodborne for $3.99 after the adjustment.

I was able to use it online, on a new game. And when I bought a game in store today, also a new game, the guy said he could see it on my account. I was honest and said I used it already, but he insisted, and was able to use it. I know in May I used the $5 cert and it stayed in my active offers, but would say it was already used if I tried to use it again. Not sure why it glitched and let me use it twice this month, but it is now gone from my active offers.

From the weekly ad email.

qS217wj.jpg

*Offer valid 6/7/20 - 7/5/20 for game trades only. Trades only available on select products and not applicable in all retail locations. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of Last of Us 2. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

From the weekly ad email.

qS217wj.jpg

*Offer valid 6/7/20 - 7/5/20 for game trades only. Trades only available on select products and not applicable in all retail locations. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of Last of Us 2. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
Think they will let you trade towards online pre-orders?

Upcoming events:

Monday:
Replicas on sale

Tues:
Various Statues on sale (DnD cartoon set is amazing, but half is already sold out? WTF)

Thursday:
TCG stuff

Friday:
POP

Saturday
Various Board games

--

Dotd's .. Hmm

Vympyr, Trion Ultimate Collection, Race with Ryan on Tuesday.

Shitty Switch cases on Saurday.

I like to see things before they happen. A lot of XB1 / PS4 deals; they don't interest me. Fire Emblem Fates 3DS tomorrow (Tuesday) looks good.

Boredom gets the weirdest stuff done.
Out of the 3 fire emblem 3ds games, which one is the best to get? Isnt it almost the same story told, but different point of view depending which one u get?

Out of the 3 fire emblem 3ds games, which one is the best to get? Isnt it almost the same story told, but different point of view depending which one u get?
Your description matches the Fates games. Of those, Birthright is the best place to start for most people. Conquest is the other option. You don't get Revelations physically on cart unless you buy the expensive Fates Special Edition, which probably won't be part of the dotd.

Although in my opinion the best 3ds FE game is altogether separate, FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

Upcoming events:

Monday:
Replicas on sale

Tues:
Various Statues on sale (DnD cartoon set is amazing, but half is already sold out? WTF)

Thursday:
TCG stuff

Friday:
POP

Saturday
Various Board games

--

Dotd's .. Hmm

Vympyr, Trion Ultimate Collection, Race with Ryan on Tuesday.

Shitty Switch cases on Saurday.

I like to see things before they happen. A lot of XB1 / PS4 deals; they don't interest me. Fire Emblem Fates 3DS tomorrow (Tuesday) looks good.

Boredom gets the weirdest stuff done.
hmm thanks I’ll keep an eye on the FE titles

Your description matches the Fates games. Of those, Birthright is the best place to start for most people. Conquest is the other option. You don't get Revelations physically on cart unless you buy the expensive Fates Special Edition, which probably won't be part of the dotd.

Although in my opinion the best 3ds FE game is altogether separate, FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
Echoes certainly has the better story and characters of the 3. Awakening has the most content especially free dlc characters. conquest is mainly great for its maps and not much else. It had some good characters especially the surprising camilla who most would expect to be shallow. But since they severely gimp you on characters, exp and such while bosses can partner up and have good skills like counter damage it makes it a slog to get through. Especially the pots map.

I wanted to like Echoes more. But I got SO tired of baddies that sat on health regenerating tiles on the other side of the map in a fortress that summed 5 more enemies to fight every turn or every other turn. It made everything such a slog wasting turns cutting their spawns down and trying to make progress at a rate faster then they could summon more. Certainly doable, but not exactly fun.  I feel that mechanic that was so overused may have sometimes doubled the time spent  clearing a map.

Redeemed a $5 off online only coupon last night. It worked on a $10 psn card no problem. Redeemed another one this morning. Would not work on Darksiders Genesis new, Borderlands Goty used or the same $10 psn I bought last night.

Redeemed a $5 off online only coupon last night. It worked on a $10 psn card no problem. Redeemed another one this morning. Would not work on Darksiders Genesis new, Borderlands Goty used or the same $10 psn I bought last night.
According to GS customer service, they don't work on sale items or pre-orders (but apparently they don't work on anything because I redeemed a $15 and can't even use it on a regular priced, in stock game). In my experience, they only work on PSN/Xbox credit for the specific amount once. So if you've bought a $10 PSN card, you cannot use a reward cert on another $10 PSN card. Try using it on a different value.

I think their coupon system is down entirely right now. I have my monthly 5 dollar as well as a 10$ online only cert that I redeemed and neither will work on ANYTHING. In both the app and the site. Called CS, and they sent me a new 5 and a new 10 dollar, both beginning with WEB, and neither of those work either. Unless someone can report differently or steer me in a better direction?

Wtf. What a joke. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I was able to use my monthly code on Darksiders this morning without an issue. Felt scummy to burn it just to basically cover the shipping and a few cents more, but not a lot of options available locally. The only store within an hour of me is still closed (mall-based), so who knows when I'll get to go back in and pick up my copy of AC that came out 2 months ago.

I think their coupon system is down entirely right now. I have my monthly 5 dollar as well as a 10$ online only cert that I redeemed and neither will work on ANYTHING. In both the app and the site. Called CS, and they sent me a new 5 and a new 10 dollar, both beginning with WEB, and neither of those work either. Unless someone can report differently or steer me in a better direction?
Appears to be that way.

Nah. Monthly $5 is working in my cart.

My 3 used controllers arrived today.  I opened my door and the box was sitting there. No knock or anything. Both Joy Con do not have the strap. I know it's used but am I wrong to assume that each Joy Con would come with the strap? They are sold together so why wouldn't I also get them? They make the controller better. Lame.

I believe they sell the joy-con straps as a separate preowned item. When I traded in my OG joy-cons for the Purple/Yellow revised ones, they did not require that I trade-in the straps. The only time they ever checked for the straps is during a complete switch console trade-in. Hope this helps.

My 3 used controllers arrived today. I opened my door and the box was sitting there. No knock or anything. Both Joy Con do not have the strap. I know it's used but am I wrong to assume that each Joy Con would come with the strap? They are sold together so why wouldn't I also get them? They make the controller better. Lame.

I believe they sell the joy-con straps as a separate preowned item. When I traded in my OG joy-cons for the Purple/Yellow revised ones, they did not require that I trade-in the straps. The only time they ever checked for the straps is during a complete switch console trade-in. Hope this helps.
Well I know that now. I called up the 1800 number and he told me I can send the controllers back and they will send out replacements or I can call my local store and see if they have replacements. I asked him if he can just send me 2 straps and he said no I need to send back both controllers and then they can send me the straps with the controllers. Made no sense.

I called the local store and he told me used Joy Con don't come with straps. Doesn't say anything on the website about that. So used Joy Con aren't even a complete controller. The guy tells me they sell the straps for $3.99 pre owned. Gamestop sells pre owned Joy Con for $34.99. Since you need the straps to make the controller complete, add another $3.99. Brand new Joy Con pair is $79.99 so you're better off buying that. Does Nintendo only sell them in pairs now? I of course bought these during a sale so I didn't pay $34.99 but I still got an incomplete controller out of it. Very strange Gamestop sells Joy Con incomplete.

Anyway, after talking to 3 different people and getting hung up on at the 1800 number, I am getting 2 straps sent to me. Says I should be getting an email in 1-2 days about it and then will get the straps 2-4 days after the email. So hopefully that happens. Lesson learned and hopefully people here think twice about buying used Joy Con from Gamestop.

The shadow controller does not look like an Ocean Shadow controller. The front is all black with blue color buttons. The back handles are a metallic blue and the rest of the back is all black. I think they messed up and sent me a different controller or the front blue color completely faded away. No stores have any in stock near me and online says sold out. Both Joy Cons look as good as advertised. All 3 controllers seem to be working fine though and that's the most important thing.

Anyone get any emails about getting the Last of Us 2 shipped to them instead yet?
This is for people in states that don’t have any open GameStops

Anyone get any emails about getting the Last of Us 2 shipped to them instead yet?
This is for people in states that don’t have any open GameStops
I got the one about sending me a gift card so I can order online (I don’t have it fully paid off in store) last week. Didn’t bother with it because I tried with Resident Evil 3 and never got the gift card. They did send me Final Fantasy 7 (had it fully paid off) without any issues though.

I wanted to like Echoes more. But I got SO tired of baddies that sat on health regenerating tiles on the other side of the map in a fortress that summed 5 more enemies to fight every turn or every other turn. It made everything such a slog wasting turns cutting their spawns down and trying to make progress at a rate faster then they could summon more. Certainly doable, but not exactly fun. I feel that mechanic that was so overused may have sometimes doubled the time spent clearing a map.
Yeah summoned monsters was definitely a pain in the ass. Especially on swamp and such maps. Though on cels route you had 3 default pegs and could recruit the female villager and turn her into one if you desired and or use free pitchforks dlc to switch the class of any other female unit.

Sigh... went thru my saved trades and see a few games that I only expect to "penny out" this year that I'm debating throwing towards TLOU2 bonus instead of holding out for a +5 which will likely drop all the values sub 2... 

Honestly I'm way too afraid of getting someone's old drifty sticks from GameStop to buy used Joy Cons from them.

Glad to hear your sticks work, though.
They got the new joy cons so they shouldn't have the drift issue as badly from what I understand. Can't wait till that class action goes through and I get my money's worth from them a few years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back