2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it’s available “New” add that to the cart, then edit from your cart used. If not available new... I haven’t figured that one out.

Surge 2 price is really good, going to get that even though I haven't played the first yet still.

Also decided to go ahead and get Darksiders 3 at that price since I want it physical. Plus it's always fun to buy a new game from gamestop and see what condition it comes in anyway. Bought Yakuza Kiwami 2 new last month and it was not in any sort of shrink wrap and had tons of scratches and sticker residue on the sleeve that covers the steelbook. 

Aw man somebody grabbed the last Champions of Norrath while it was in my cart.  :-({|=

Snagged a few copies of NFS Heat (ahem), Yoshi's Story, Death Stranding, and Advance Wars 2. Nice sale.

GS says there are 11 items in the cart. GS shows 10 items in the cart. GS says "Your shopping cart cannot be ordered since one or more of the products in your cart are not available in the requested quantity. Please check availability for each product."

What else does GS say?

GS is SO upset, it now show filling my screen with 7 of those pink windows with your shopping cart cannot be ordered...

Was able to put in a Flash sale order last night, err well more like this morning at 4AM.

Got Death Stranding, MediEvil, Atelier Firis, Fate/Extella and Sairento PSVR for about $52 total.  Was tempted to get some others like Borderlands 3, Days Gone, etc. (I assume they have since been excluded from the sale), but I was in the mood for some weirder games and the backlog is already insurmountable. Really hoping I get some original cases, I've had bad luck with JRPGs especially.

GS says there are 11 items in the cart. GS shows 10 items in the cart. GS says "Your shopping cart cannot be ordered since one or more of the products in your cart are not available in the requested quantity. Please check availability for each product."

What else does GS say?

GS is SO upset, it now show filling my screen with 7 of those pink windows with your shopping cart cannot be ordered...
I'm having the same problem. Ghost item that isn't available that I can't delete and therefore can't complete the order.

I'm having the same problem. Ghost item that isn't available that I can't delete and therefore can't complete the order.
Try logging out, adding a random item to your now-empty cart, and logging back in. Should reset your cart with the random item. App and web carts are saved separately.

What's the best deal with the cashback today?

I'm seeing Ebates at 2.5% and Microsoft at 5%. I hear MS uses Paypal. This would be my first time going through MS.

I emptied my cart (even though GS still says there's 1 item in cart)and then logged out of GS. I now have the same amount of items in the cart that GS says. It might be time to log back in and see.

Edit:

Try logging out, adding a random item to your now-empty cart, and logging back in. Should reset your cart with the random item. App and web carts are saved separately.
Ninja'd. You win this round. Thank you.

Death Stranding pre owned has been removed from the 50% offer.

Had it in my cart, now it shows at $25 with a note that it is not included in the offer... spooky eh?

why are gamestops trade in value so bad . ff7 barely came out a month ago and its $20 . is it because gamestop is going under that they barely accept trade in at good values any more ??? 

I emptied my cart (even though GS still says there's 1 item in cart)and then logged out of GS. I now have the same amount of items in the cart that GS says. It might be time to log back in and see.
I just found a solution to the ghost cart issue. If you log out completely your cart will be empty. Start from scratch with an empty cart, add a few items, log back in. What a website

why are gamestops trade in value so bad . ff7 barely came out a month ago and its $20 . is it because gamestop is going under that they barely accept trade in at good values any more ???
People haven't been able to trade games in for months so they are sitting on a stack of games to trade so they don't really need to incentivize people to bring them in. They probably also don't want to bombard their employees with a whole bunch of used game trades by having a huge trade in promo. But I agree, these values are bad and not having elite with the additional 10% is hurting even more right now. I honestly have just been trading locally more. Sold FF7 Remake for $50 and RE3 Remake for $40. Definitely better than GameStop would have ever given me.

Glad I stayed up late, was able to get some game boy games and ni no kui switch, which are now sold out. Got pokemon blue (still available), pokemon yellow, Zelda oracle of ages, and shining soul GBA. Somewhat low expectations, I expect a few to be fake, have dead batteries, be in terrible condition, or just not ship. At $12.50 I'll take the risk.

Also, Need for Speed Heat at $12.50 (spend $100) seems bonkers. Goes for about $40 used/$50 new on eBay.
I picked up LoZ Oracle of Ages, which I've never actually played. Excited for it. I hope it's legit and the battery works, the same thing went through my mind.

Amused how they frantically removed "limited edition" and the picture from the listing mid-day.
Hmm, on the website for me it still shows the limited edition of the game on the deal of the day page, but it doesn't have a price reduction. I don't see another version of the game on their website at all actually. Amazing.

I locked mine in before they even opened though and got it no problem. It was just the normal version of the game though, not that I really care. Just wanted it for the great price.

Placed my order. Now, to wait and see how MS/Bing rebates work out.

DaveM, your CAG year1, that's the average amount per flip? That's some good CAG'n!

Like I posted earlier, Gamestop did not send me an Xbox One Ocean Shadow controller. They sent me a similar looking one but I can't find this controller anywhere online so not quite sure what is it really. It has the blue metallic color on both back handles and clear buttons with blue color but that's where the comparisons stop. It's not that cool blue color on the front at all and there are no colored dots between the buttons.

Has anyone here ever gotten anything weird like this from GS before? The controller was used and they don't have it in stock on the website and the only store within 100 miles(15 miles from me) that has it in stock is Covid closed and the controller is brand new. I'm gonna call up GS customer service but I think the best thing that can happen is I will have to send it back and just get refund. Bummer too cuz I really wanted the Ocean Shadow but that's the risk you take buying used.

Went and picked up the daily deal today... The Surge 2 limited edition. Was handed the standard edition.. anyone else get the bait and switch?

Went and picked up the daily deal today... The Surge 2 limited edition. Was handed the standard edition.. anyone else get the bait and switch?
My friend once told me it was just a cardboard sleeve with the base game, and seeing the deal of the day is for pre owned, thats probably how it was traded in.

[attachment=34160:ship.png]

......huh

Edit:  Meant to quote crackadon on his comment with the free shipping

Like I posted earlier, Gamestop did not send me an Xbox One Ocean Shadow controller. They sent me a similar looking one but I can't find this controller anywhere online so not quite sure what is it really. It has the blue metallic color on both back handles and clear buttons with blue color but that's where the comparisons stop. It's not that cool blue color on the front at all and there are no colored dots between the buttons.

Has anyone here ever gotten anything weird like this from GS before? The controller was used and they don't have it in stock on the website and the only store within 100 miles(15 miles from me) that has it in stock is Covid closed and the controller is brand new. I'm gonna call up GS customer service but I think the best thing that can happen is I will have to send it back and just get refund. Bummer too cuz I really wanted the Ocean Shadow but that's the risk you take buying used.

Could it be a custom made controller from the Xbox design lab? That’s the only thing I can think of. Someone ordered a custom designed one right from Xbox and one day just traded it in

Could it be a custom made controller from the Xbox design lab? That’s the only thing I can think of. Someone ordered a custom designed one right from Xbox and one day just traded it in
I was thinking the same thing. They probably just selected the ocean one just to get it in the system

DaveM, your CAG year1, that's the average amount per flip? That's some good CAG'n!
Yep, though when I started it was using my dusty library of PS3/360/Wii/DS/3DS games I bought over the years but never played, so I started with ~300 credit that cost me ~$900 over the previous 10 years to begin the flipping and haven't spent a cent out of pocket since! So far year 2 is pretty crap.. no trade / flip opportunities for GS since early March, just liquidating GS credit to Amazon before they also stopped.

I can see the ad now 100% TRADE IN BONUS*

*Trade in bonus only valid on games with a base trade in of 25 cents or less.
Looks like values held from yesterday, might trade in after the PS5 announcement today! Either they do a bump/bonus soon and I look dumb, or the values all crater and I wished I traded in more. Mostly just sticking with duplicates today. Usually next gen systems only offer bonuses on trading in old systems and not games I think?

there is currently no working discount code right? no CAG16?  got a big order i'm about to place but don't want to find out after i could have saved 16%

Really surprised the flash sale is still going for a 3rd day in a row. DOTDs being excluded from the discount kinda sucks but they count towards your 5+ to get to 50%. 

It's going all the way through the end of the week 6/13 

Really surprised the flash sale is still going for a 3rd day in a row. DOTDs being excluded from the discount kinda sucks but they count towards your 5+ to get to 50%.

It would be nice if it would work in-store one way or another (through website purchase or standard walking in and doing a normal transaction)

ugh, can't believe i fell back into the gamestop website trap. Just spent $340 but got 34 games. I tried to stick with all cartridges but got a few PS3 and PS4 games too, since at the very least those are hard to scratch up too much.

CheapyD's post from a day ago mentions it is going on until 6/21...

there is currently no working discount code right? no CAG16? got a big order i'm about to place but don't want to find out after i could have saved 16%
My guess is that CAG16 has been disabled until the flash sale is over. GS typically disables any working codes when they have big online sales. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

There seems to be a glitch where I cannot pickup a game in-store unless it is available for shipping (need to add to cart as ship, and then change to pickup in cart). Anyone know a way around this?
This might only help one or two people, but I found an extreme workaround if the conditions are perfect. There needs to be a version of the game in stock to ship and available for pickup new and pre-owned at a location. For my example, mega man zx collection for switch I wanted to pickup pre-owned from my local store, but it is not available to ship new, so you can't even add it to cart. What I did was added the PS4 version to cart (in stock to ship) and then found a store that had it new and pre-owned to pickup. Go to your cart you can change the item from ship to pick up, and then new to pre-owned. Then you can change it the system from PS4 to Switch. Then you can change the store back to the one you actually want to pick up from. As far as I can tell the physical game needs to be available to ship, adding a digital game to your cart won't let you change to pre-owned. Of course you're SOL on console exclusive games or games that don't have new options like older systems.

Every single time i open a new tab for gamestop website, it switches between free shipping on orders over $35, $45, and $50. I am using safari.

I also cannot seem to trigger free shipping at all even when order goes past $50. Ive tried switching the options, but do not see any form of shipping discounts.

This might only help one or two people, but I found an extreme workaround if the conditions are perfect. There needs to be a version of the game in stock to ship and available for pickup new and pre-owned at a location. For my example, mega man zx collection for switch I wanted to pickup pre-owned from my local store, but it is not available to ship new, so you can't even add it to cart. What I did was added the PS4 version to cart (in stock to ship) and then found a store that had it new and pre-owned to pickup. Go to your cart you can change the item from ship to pick up, and then new to pre-owned. Then you can change it the system from PS4 to Switch. Then you can change the store back to the one you actually want to pick up from. As far as I can tell the physical game needs to be available to ship, adding a digital game to your cart won't let you change to pre-owned. Of course you're SOL on console exclusive games or games that don't have new options like older systems.
Thanks. It's better than absolutely nothing.

It's amazing how much more clever people are in trying to make gamestop's website work than gamestop are.

Of course, turning off pick it up in store may be intentional this time. It would be easier to figure out when their website glitches vs when it's intentional if the company were the least bit transparent with their customers.

It is really looking like they're trying to clear out their online reserves or the stores that are part of the online shipping system. I don't know what's going on but all of these sales indicate that something unique is occurring.

And I don't agree that it's to "clear out last-gen." That's fine (clearing out space in the stores to make room for new consoles), but they have their retro wing now; why wouldn't they just ship last gen games to the retro warehouses? When they did the clear outs previously (ps2 etc gen), they didn't have a retro system set up yet.

Thanks. It's better than absolutely nothing.

It's amazing how much more clever people are in trying to make gamestop's website work than gamestop are.

Of course, turning off pick it up in store may be intentional this time. It would be easier to figure out when their website glitches vs when it's intentional if the company were the least bit transparent with their customers.

It is really looking like they're trying to clear out their online reserves or the stores that are part of the online shipping system. I don't know what's going on but all of these sales indicate that something unique is occurring.

And I don't agree that it's to "clear out last-gen." That's fine (clearing out space in the stores to make room for new consoles), but they have their retro wing now; why wouldn't they just ship last gen games to the retro warehouses? When they did the clear outs previously (ps2 etc gen), they didn't have a retro system set up yet.
Maybe they just want to sell the games to make money? Having sales to sell lots of inventory to make money isnt strange. Especially if the vast majority of that inventory is only going to depreciate.

Edit: Not necessarily you, and im not mancrushing on Gamestop, but everybody complains about lack of sales then now too many sales?

Maybe they just want to sell the games to make money? Having sales to sell lots of inventory to make money isnt strange. Especially if the vast majority of that inventory is only going to depreciate.

Edit: Not necessarily you, and im not mancrushing on Gamestop, but everybody complains about lack of sales then now too many sales?
This was a great sale but at this point the inventory isn't there to make it worth trying to make an order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back