2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a while since I've made an online purchase. What delivery service truck should I expect?

CAG16 did not work on the flash sale, at least for me yesterday.

Gamestop sent me the wrong order. It had the wrong packing slip inside, but was addressed correctly to me on the outside. 

It had Kingdom Hearts 3, assassins creed origins, the crew, and watch dogs.

Sucks because my order was supposed to be for Deracine, Lego Marvel Avengers Vita, and 7th Saga, which was more expensive.

whoever Timara Richardson is, sorry I ended up getting your order.

here's a super interesting one, not the case I was expecting to get from Gamestop.. it also included a mysterious white DVD

sZ0NdZN.png

finally got all my games from the 50% off preowned games with an order over $100 or whatever it was. 14 games, 12 ps4 games, every single one of them with original artwork. 2 3ds games in generic cases. i dont think i have ever been that lucky before.

Maybe they just want to sell the games to make money? Having sales to sell lots of inventory to make money isnt strange. Especially if the vast majority of that inventory is only going to depreciate.

Edit: Not necessarily you, and im not mancrushing on Gamestop, but everybody complains about lack of sales then now too many sales?
I'd say you likely nailed it...sales to make $. Probably have low overhead right now with reduced staff, little to no foot traffic for months, probably hard to get any laid off employees back to work since unemployment is boosted, inventory cost $ to warehouse and it's depreciating fast, etc. All the sales are lower value stuff too, that stuff under $20 is not going up in value...sell a ton of it now at 1/2 price or hang on to most of it for months until traffic picks up and most of it is reduced in price anyway...on top of new systems launching. Probably one of the best moves GS has made in a while; and look at us scrambling to get it in spite of their terrible website and nonexistent customer service.

Sad.  Got in my $9 copies of Summon Night 6 and Okami HD, apparently the UPS liteally ran everything over with a truck though:

wF8mT3b.png

Needless to say, gonna get a refund, but i'm more bummed that both games were complete X_X

I'd say you likely nailed it...sales to make $. Probably have low overhead right now with reduced staff, little to no foot traffic for months, probably hard to get any laid off employees back to work since unemployment is boosted, inventory cost $ to warehouse and it's depreciating fast, etc. All the sales are lower value stuff too, that stuff under $20 is not going up in value...sell a ton of it now at 1/2 price or hang on to most of it for months until traffic picks up and most of it is reduced in price anyway...on top of new systems launching. Probably one of the best moves GS has made in a while; and look at us scrambling to get it in spite of their terrible website and nonexistent customer service.
You overlooked what he overlooked : if they wanted to make as many sales as possible, they'd allow the deal to also occur in-store. They are not allowing it (presumably -- possibly a glitch, but a conveniently timed one).

That had been the crux of my considerations which he had responded to.

Picked up my copy of the Surge 2 LE ... first they tried to give me the box for the first game ... then they came back out with a standard Surge 2 box ... figured I wouldn’t push my luck trying to get all the awesome LE goodies advertised on the web listing. I mean, it’s GameStop so at least I got a box.

I really won’t miss them when they go out of business later this year.

You overlooked what he overlooked : if they wanted to make as many sales as possible, they'd allow the deal to also occur in-store. They are not allowing it (presumably -- possibly a glitch, but a conveniently timed one).

Maybe...and not claiming to be any expert but it could just boil down to COGS. A transaction with an associate in store may cost more than processing the order online. Could be the limits to customers in store and reduced employee staffing impacting it as well. Hell, could be GS eff'd up or something too...but I'd bet this is strategic on their part to turn depreciating inventory into real $s. It really doesn't matter as long as you are getting some great games at a great price!

Sad. Got in my $9 copies of Summon Night 6 and Okami HD, apparently the UPS liteally ran everything over with a truck though:

wF8mT3b.png

Needless to say, gonna get a refund, but i'm more bummed that both games were complete X_X
If you can wait it out, that disc should work just fine in the ps5

Yes, because during an ongoing pandemic they want more people trying to crowd into their relatively small stores. Buy your games online and let your mailman or a UPS driver deliver the games.

Edit: Just skip the sale, Ive stopped buying games that i think ill get to later. Especially used, from Gamestop online, where im afraid of payment issues let alone not getting a case.

Just bought

Code Vein (PS4)

Detroit Become Human (PS4)

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4)

No Man's Sky (PS4)

Root Letter Last Answer (PS4)

Shenmue I and II (PS4)

CAG16 working for me for the Flash Sale...just tried a minute ago.

Asked earlier: Has anyone ever gotten a pre-ordered game from GS shipped to home that arrived on launch day, despite just doing the Free Shipping? 

i went crunk on this sale. i spent over $1000 and everything came in mint condition and works. it is going on for over a week and if gets a good response might extend it all june... what other deals would y'all like to see? and lets all take pictures of our hauls!!!
I hope you find something better to pour your energy into. I pity you.

Yes, because during an ongoing pandemic they want more people trying to crowd into their relatively small stores. Buy your games online and let your mailman or a UPS driver deliver the games.

Edit: Just skip the sale, Ive stopped buying games that i think ill get to later. Especially used, from Gamestop online, where im afraid of payment issues let alone not getting a case.
That's a perfectly reasonable justification for almost any store... just not Gamestop. If you missed it, they had a PR nightmare at the beginning of the pandemic because they insisted that they were an essential store and needed to stay open, did little to nothing to protect their employees, etc. Any thought they've bought into protecting their customers or employees has only been as a feet-dragging reaction to that.

They sure are a challenge to order from online though as you say. I can usually get around the payment issues, but quality of product, CORRECT product, and all the rest... man, it's tough to roll those dice sometimes.

Eventually I'll order a copy of Life is Strange from them and get the correct disc...maybe.

CAG16 working for me for the Flash Sale...just tried a minute ago.

Asked earlier: Has anyone ever gotten a pre-ordered game from GS shipped to home that arrived on launch day, despite just doing the Free Shipping?
you have at least two flash sale games in your cart and are getting both discounts? screenshot?

you have at least two flash sale games in your cart and are getting both discounts? screenshot?
Here you go. Can't fit the snipped screenshot to include both games (Control and Code Vein) but you can see it deducted from both games. Even before putting in the CAG discount, it's not taking the 20 % off, for some reason. Will try again tomorrow.

[attachment=34168:CAG.JPG]

Echoes certainly has the better story and characters of the 3. Awakening has the most content especially free dlc characters. conquest is mainly great for its maps and not much else. It had some good characters especially the surprising camilla who most would expect to be shallow. But since they severely gimp you on characters, exp and such while bosses can partner up and have good skills like counter damage it makes it a slog to get through. Especially the pots map.
Like good story plots and characters. Echoes it is. Thanks.

anddddddddddddddd now we've got 29.99 and under. 

I'm gonna spell it out for people because of the overlapping promos going on.

• PS Days of Play sales do not stack. Same for the XB1 exclusive sales.
  • DOTD 2 for 15 overrides the flash 5+ 50% sale. In fact, any of those games don't even trigger the flash sale. Assume it's all 14.99 and under ps4/xb1 games. (It's very convoluted. A single 14.99 game did not trigger the flash discount but a 9.99 game did. Having 2 games separated them completely from the flash sale qty. YMMV)
  • CAG16 doesn't stack but still applies to preowned games $30 and above

There is a small glitch/stack available: if you buy 5 $19.99 (or cheaper) games so that they get under $10, you can then add four of the $9.99 (or less) Days of Play games for free. They will register as the four free games from a Buy 2, Get 2 Free 9.99 and under games. So I just bought three 3DS games and two PS3 games that are originally $18-20 each for $51 total, plus got Uncharted Lost Legacy, Gran Turismo Sport, God of War and Nioh for free. I had been wanting Lost Legacy for a while and Gran Turismo is one I don’t own though also not super interested. I own GoW and Nioh, but I can trade them back for a few bucks. I’m also hoping they accidentally send Nioh 2, because GameStop.

<p>

anddddddddddddddd now we've got 29.99 and under.

I'm gonna spell it out for people because of the overlapping promos going on.

• PS Days of Play sales do not stack. Same for the XB1 exclusive sales.
  • DOTD 2 for 15 overrides the flash 5+ 50% sale. In fact, any of those games don't even trigger the flash sale. Assume it's all 14.99 and under ps4/xb1 games. (It's very convoluted. A single 14.99 game did not trigger the flash discount but a 9.99 game did. Having 2 games separated them completely from the flash sale qty. YMMV)
  • CAG16 doesn't stack but still applies to preowned games $30 and above
Small clarification, CAG16 also still stacks with preowned Days of Play games at any price, since those aren’t stacking with the 5 for 50 (other than the glitch I just posted).

Small clarification, CAG16 also still stacks with preowned Days of Play games at any price, since those aren’t stacking with the 5 for 50 (other than the glitch I just posted).
And monthly / PUR certs work with Days for Play as well as they don't work in combination with of the 50% promos anymore. (DoP + 50% off = Always get in on a promo early when they stack with other promos!)

There is a small glitch/stack available: if you buy 5 $19.99 (or cheaper) games so that they get under $10, you can then add four of the $9.99 (or less) Days of Play games for free. They will register as the four free games from a Buy 2, Get 2 Free 9.99 and under games. So I just bought three 3DS games and two PS3 games that are originally $18-20 each for $51 total, plus got Uncharted Lost Legacy, Gran Turismo Sport, God of War and Nioh for free. I had been wanting Lost Legacy for a while and Gran Turismo is one I don’t own though also not super interested. I own GoW and Nioh, but I can trade them back for a few bucks. I’m also hoping they accidentally send Nioh 2, because GameStop.
At this point I should have pretty much all the first party 3DS catalog. Thanks.

Hopefully we get a $5 bonus on all $2+ base TIV games here soon, as I have duplicate copies of all the first party PS games at this point.

Just a little blurp to add.

GameStop Unloads Inventory Ahead of New Game Console Launches

Can't post direct links yet, sorry.  Just copy paste the above title into Google.

Notably:

"But the company did manage to reduce inventory by 43% in recent months, which puts it in a flexible sales position just as Sony and Microsoft prepare to launch their new gaming consoles."

GS Isn't going out of business, but rather it's all very calculated.  I imagine the past 3 months gave them time to screw their head on properly however and evaluate over-inventory.  I don't think they want to buy current gen games back - maybe Switch games at some point later, but who knows.  Go with caution.

I don't think they want to buy current gen games back - maybe Switch games at some point later, but who knows. Go with caution.
Agreed. As much as I want to see a +5 promo, don't think they want any of these games back that bad. Then again, everything goes out of stock around christmas which generally increases all TIVs not just GS. Who knows if/when the next COVID surge will be and if the PS5/XBS1 launch library will that great or not.

For anyone around during the last console upgrade cycle, did they have any great flips/boomerangs/etc for that transition?

Agreed. As much as I want to see a +5 promo, don't think they want any of these games back that bad. Then again, everything goes out of stock around christmas which generally increases all TIVs not just GS. Who knows if/when the next COVID surge will be and if the PS5/XBS1 launch library will that great or not.

For anyone around during the last console upgrade cycle, did they have any great flips/boomerangs/etc for that transition?
It was so long ago that I don’t think it’d be a good indicator of what they might do. There was little incentive to trade during that time, at least for me, as the new systems really drove their sales.

There is a small glitch/stack available
Just saying thank you. Also from trial and error I believe the first 5 at 50% off have to be 17.99-19.99 only. Otherwise the promo stacking doesn't work as well. I then added a couple of 29.99 games at the end of my order and that worked fine.

In for 

Detective Pikachu

GOD EATER 3

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World

Shenmue III

Ordered 5 Vita games from the up to 50% off $24.99 games and 4 of them just came in

Code Realize Wintertide Miracles
Virtue's Last Reward
Aegis of Earth
Exist Archive

And surprisingly they all came complete, and Code Realize was actually sealed! Now hoping my Most Wanted copy comes complete too

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back