2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dagummit, there's a couple games I want with this deal that aren't online but show as available at my store. Problem is even when I select that store it won't let me put it in my cart.

Picked up 5 more DS/3DS games this morning. Now to wait on the $34.99 and under 50% deal....
This is the trend though right? It's been going up $5 after every two days I believe? If the 6/21 rumor is true that would mean it goes up to $50. Which is crazy, but not, considering it appears GameStop is liquidating and has done B2G2 in the past. And if you were here for it you'll remember they were swamped during the B2G2, and had site/inventory issues. Breaking it out over two weeks like this is smart so they can handle all the orders.

I would say if it goes up to $35 on Sunday it is a very safe bet it goes to $50 next Saturday.

This is the trend though right? It's been going up $5 after every two days I believe? If the 6/21 rumor is true that would mean it goes up to $50. Which is crazy, but not, considering it appears GameStop is liquidating and has done B2G2 in the past. And if you were here for it you'll remember they were swamped during the B2G2, and had site/inventory issues. Breaking it out over two weeks like this is smart so they can handle all the orders.

I would say if it goes up to $35 on Sunday it is a very safe bet it goes to $50 next Saturday.
I got the impression it was part of the marketing/sales/liquidation strategy...clear out the cheap stuff first then move it up. Probably a lot of psychology here too since we all keep coming back and getting 5 more and probably the most expensive ones too. Instead of getting me to buy 5 $50 games and calling it good, they keep upping the ante and getting me to go in for more: 5 $20 games, then 5 $25 games, now 5 $30 games, next is 5 $35 games. (maybe we don't always get the highest priced ones but I'd bet we all start looking there first)

Stupid question, but has anyone visited a store in the last day and tried the deal? Sorry, haven't had the chance myself. I know it didn't work the first day, but it could have changed. I doubt it, but figured I'd ask.

I got the impression it was part of the marketing/sales/liquidation strategy...clear out the cheap stuff first then move it up. Probably a lot of psychology here too since we all keep coming back and getting 5 more and probably the most expensive ones too. Instead of getting me to buy 5 $50 games and calling it good, they keep upping the ante and getting me to go in for more: 5 $20 games, then 5 $25 games, now 5 $30 games, next is 5 $35 games. (maybe we don't always get the highest priced ones but I'd bet we all start looking there first)
Yes, I'm sure most people look at the highest dollar first to get the best value. I know I got all the $20 games I wanted a few weeks ago, so I just looked at $20-$25 when it bumped up, got all the games I wanted, and just looked at the $25-$30 range for this one, makes it a lot easier.

From a video game (not GameStop) "stock" standpoint, GameStop liquidating is going to increase the secondary market, you'd think, right? Other than the very few local mom and pop stores, where is someone going to be able to buy a 360/PS3/DS game? Sure demand is probably low, but maybe nostalgia hits and someone wants to play an old game. Basically there only option would be eBay, and it'd be a seller's market since eBay wouldn't have competition from a large retailer with items in stock, thousands of locations, etc. "Why would I buy pokemon Platinum from eBay for $60? I can get it at GameStop for $50 shipped. GameStop is sold out of it? Looks like I'll have to pay $70 on eBay now".

Obviously this is going to affect niche/rare games more but I think we're already starting to see this. GameStop had tons of Shin Megami IV for the 3DS for $20 earlier this year. It was like the only shin Megami game in stock to ship, it was in stock for months/years. Now it is sold out at GameStop, you cant get it anywhere else, and so it's going for $50 on eBay.

I finally went through the packages I got from the collectibles sale. Way more than I remember buying. I have no idea what I’m going to do with them. That’s what I get for buying shit just for the sake of buying shit.

I'm still waiting for GameStop to send out my Cyberpunk Xbox One X bundle. Ordered it yesterday around 9 a.m. so it's only been a little over 24 hours so far. Seems too late today to ship out so hopefully tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

I've ordered a number of PS1 and Dreamcast games from gamestop. I've never gotten anything other than a disc only.

I don't order PS1 or Dreamcast games from gamestop anymore

just ordered one as well and used CAG16 along with my monthly coupon for $38 pre tax. what're the odds it ships, works, and includes both discs?
Damn forgot to use CAG16!!!! Urrrrgghhh

Oh well, I guess I can take it back to the store if it's no good... right? Also, how long does it usually take to get your rewards after redeeming points? I tried to get a $15 certificate with my points for another game, it took my verification code, and boom, nothing in my active offers.

Damn forgot to use CAG16!!!! Urrrrgghhh

Oh well, I guess I can take it back to the store if it's no good... right? Also, how long does it usually take to get your rewards after redeeming points? I tried to get a $15 certificate with my points for another game, it took my verification code, and boom, nothing in my active offers.
Check your digital locker if it's an online cert. Let us know the amount and if it works because we've been having issues with them applying.

just ordered one as well and used CAG16 along with my monthly coupon for $38 pre tax. what're the odds it ships, works, and includes both discs?
High as they were still being sold new for quite a while iirc. I want to say until the end of the ps3 generation along with chrono trigger ds, and the ff ps1 2 pack games.

Anyone store return or contact support about a game from the 50% sales? I got a pretty nasty looking copy of donky kong for the 3ds, looks like someone spilt something on it and maybe used it as a coaster. Not sure I would even want to put it in my system to test. It came is the clear plastic display package and don't even need to open it. The packing slips I have been getting from these sales have weird prices, like a $1 cheaper than the listed price online?

Anyone store return or contact support about a game from the 50% sales? I got a pretty nasty looking copy of donky kong for the 3ds, looks like someone spilt something on it and maybe used it as a coaster. Not sure I would even want to put it in my system to test. It came is the clear plastic display package and don't even need to open it. The packing slips I have been getting from these sales have weird prices, like a $1 cheaper than the listed price online?
I went to my local store to do a return since I got a few broke/unplayable games - they aren't open for in-store business but doing at the door type stuff. the person working took my items and did a return back to the card for the full price listed on the receipt and not the half off price...

High as they were still being sold new for quite a while iirc. I want to say until the end of the ps3 generation along with chrono trigger ds, and the ff ps1 2 pack games.
Wait really? I Remember -

>Dragon quest IV-VI DS

>FF X / X2 (GH) PS2

>Kingdom Hearts 1 / 2 (GH) PS2

>Romancing SaGa

>Final Fantasy Anthology, Origins, and Chronicles (GH)

>Chrono Cross (GH)

>Maaaaybe FFVIII and FFIX (GH) - but DEFINITELY not FFVII

>FFI, FFII, FFIV, FFT WotL, Tactics Ogre LUCT PSP

-all being sold the the squeenix store through ~2015, along with a bunch of ps3-era collector's editions - but never once saw xenogears. Woulda picked it up in a hot minute if so; they had some damn good sales on all of the above on black fridays

Is the Buy 5 Get 50% promo in store or only online?
It is online only. But I went to a store today, found all the 17 games I wanted, then ordered them on the website for in-store pickup. Worked fine except for some of the games that aren't available on the website, you can't order them for pickup even if you're holding a copy in your hand, lol

edit: it did take about 4 hours for the order to process, so I went home and I'm going back to pick them up tomorrow.

Anyone find it humourous that the South Park DotD includes SoT and FBW, and the pictured FBW says it includes a copy of SoT?
I bought the gold edition for Xbox One awhile ago and I believe SOT is a download code. If the games are brand new, you are essentially getting 2 SOT games so you can you sell the extra one or give to a friend. Great deal!

Another stupid question - I know there have been issues with people using trade in credit online in the past, is that still a thing? I don't want any of my funds to be frozen and have to trust Gamestop to make it right.

Another stupid question - I know there have been issues with people using trade in credit online in the past, is that still a thing? I don't want any of my funds to be frozen and have to trust Gamestop to make it right.
I risked it and used all my trade credit during the 50% off 5 games. Made 7 separate orders and ordered the same game each time...nothing bad happened, 1 order took really long to arrive that’s about it. 1 Pokémon game had a torn label but the words Pokémon silver were still visible so I guess that’s how it passed idk.

But nothing bad happened to my trade in credit...maybe if that last order didn’t arrive I’d have a problem tho

I went to my local store to do a return since I got a few broke/unplayable games - they aren't open for in-store business but doing at the door type stuff. the person working took my items and did a return back to the card for the full price listed on the receipt and not the half off price...
Called customer service this morning, it was painless really, hold time was only like 5 minutes and the dude took my info and said I would get an email conf and replacement in 7-10 days. He offered me the option of refund or replacement, I wanted the game.

Braved the store to get my animal crossing preorder refund. Tried to use the monthly $5 on Xbox credit but was denied so I just applied the preorder amount in Xbox credit. I officially have no GameStop credit and it feels good.

Wait really? I Remember -

>Dragon quest IV-VI DS

>FF X / X2 (GH) PS2

>Kingdom Hearts 1 / 2 (GH) PS2

>Romancing SaGa

>Final Fantasy Anthology, Origins, and Chronicles (GH)

>Chrono Cross (GH)

>Maaaaybe FFVIII and FFIX (GH) - but DEFINITELY not FFVII

>FFI, FFII, FFIV, FFT WotL, Tactics Ogre LUCT PSP

-all being sold the the squeenix store through ~2015, along with a bunch of ps3-era collector's editions - but never once saw xenogears. Woulda picked it up in a hot minute if so; they had some damn good sales on all of the above on black fridays
Yeah I don't remember Xenogears being available that long. I know it got a GH run but I def don't recall seeing it around as long as some of the games you mentioned.

Called customer service this morning, it was painless really, hold time was only like 5 minutes and the dude took my info and said I would get an email conf and replacement in 7-10 days. He offered me the option of refund or replacement, I wanted the game.
Hm... maybe they actually addressed their CS with all stores being closed for 1-2 months? I've had horrible luck with their phone and email CS for the past 3-ish years but I haven't had any issues with them recently to call/contract CS anymore.

It seems like the b2g2 on 9.99 games voids cheap games for the 5 at 50% off :/  It won't let me add 8.99 games since it tried to put them on a different offer.

Got an email that says the 50% flash sale ends tonight. Not sure if they mean in general or just for $29.99 and lower. We've heard 6/13 and 6/21 on this site so I guess we'll wait and see.

Got an email that says the 50% flash sale ends tonight. Not sure if they mean in general or just for $29.99 and lower. We've heard 6/13 and 6/21 on this site so I guess we'll wait and see.
I think the 50% sale is scheduled to end 21, with increasing ramp up from $30 or below to $35/$40/$45/$50 possible between now and then.

Semi-prepared by adding all the titles to cart :)

they send soooooo many emails over the course of a day. the 'flash sale' countdown timer is now attached to the collectibles sale so i wouldn't be surprised if it still works tomorrow. i have zero faith that anyone knows what they're doing over there, but as long as we can get it to work in our favor, i'm sticking with it.

I think the 50% sale is scheduled to end 21, with increasing ramp up from $30 or below to $35/$40/$45/$50 possible between now and then.
Semi-prepared by adding all the titles to cart :)
Way ahead of you just in case! :) Seems like all the good stuff is usually gone by the morning so definitely helps to flag what you want and order ASAP.

they send soooooo many emails over the course of a day. the 'flash sale' countdown timer is now attached to the collectibles sale so i wouldn't be surprised if it still works tomorrow. i have zero faith that anyone knows what they're doing over there, but as long as we can get it to work in our favor, i'm sticking with it.
Maybe, but the email specifically states the games discount ends today, here's what I got. Hopefully it just means $30 ends and $35 starts.[attachment=34176:Screenshot_20200613-160116.png]

Dam, sad day. Found out my favorite store manager left the company (her store was closing) and one of her employees that was always really cool with me also left. His store also randomly closed its doors.

Looks like they're sold out by now, but PSA in case they came back in stock or your local store has them. I've had really good luck with Nicalis games on the switch. I'm assuming a lot of them have been converted from new to pre-owned. Seemingly all the games I bought have come complete. Just recently I bought 3 copies of blade strangers from the $24.99 and under sale, hoping to get one complete, and all three came complete. All the Nicalis games have nice reverse covers and thick, colorful instruction booklets. Cave story came with a mini audio CD and blade strangers came with a sealed keychain. Bought a new copy of crystal crisis for $20 in the past and it came with a neat little puzzle cube. Obviously, these aren't worth anything, it's just nice to see extras nowadays in a world where 99% of games just have an electronic instructions guide. Sadly I have a backlog so I can't speak to the quality of the games, but they are nice collectors pieces to have for $10ish.[attachment=34177:IMG_20200613_185848.jpg]

Anyone figure out a further workaround for being able to select "in store pick up" on a game that is not available online or new?

There are 2 in my area that I would love to pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back