2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting flash sale.. Buy New $30, get 50% off one Pre-owned. Considered in-store pick up :switch: Xenoblade:DE pre-owned, but then realized the game would take 100+ hours and decided not to pull the trigger  :shame: None of the new games in that range were great options anyways. (I guess if you were still planning to pickup TLOU2, maybe combine it with something?)

Anyone here actually forked out thousands of dollars to sell on Amazon FBA like this guy?
Yep, gotta spend the big bucks if you want a big return. I personally cleared out 2 Gamestop's recently on their last day of being open. At 90% off all games, it's well worth it to. Luckily I'm in a good discord group that shares those super cheap store closings (not just Gamestop) to even know about these things.

Stumbled on a case packed with OG Switches at one of my local walmarts yesterday, must have been 15+ there. Looks like hardware stock may be picking up soon?

Yep, gotta spend the big bucks if you want a big return. I personally cleared out 2 Gamestop's recently on their last day of being open. At 90% off all games, it's well worth it to. Luckily I'm in a good discord group that shares those super cheap store closings (not just Gamestop) to even know about these things.
You mean post-covid? They're back to doing more liquidation closings (as in not just quietly not reopening and shipping their product elsewhere)?

You mean post-covid? They're back to doing more liquidation closings (as in not just quietly not reopening and shipping their product elsewhere)?
Gamestops and other stores never stopped closing. Stores were just transferring their inventory to other stores or waited and as soon as they opened back up, they were closing down.

Stumbled on a case packed with OG Switches at one of my local walmarts yesterday, must have been 15+ there. Looks like hardware stock may be picking up soon?
You got lucky and was present during a restock. Buy them all been selling them for $400 locally. $75 profit is great.

Interesting flash sale.. Buy New $30, get 50% off one Pre-owned. Considered in-store pick up :switch: Xenoblade:DE pre-owned, but then realized the game would take 100+ hours and decided not to pull the trigger :shame: None of the new games in that range were great options anyways. (I guess if you were still planning to pickup TLOU2, maybe combine it with something?)
I've been mulling over how to get this to work out. It doesn't work on pre-orders and CAG16 doesn't stack. Double boo!

One thought is to buy something with added value, like Tetris 99 (new, Switch, $30), which comes with a year of Nintendo Online ($20 MSRP), gut the game, then sell it off, used, and do whatever with the 50% off game, which might not have the case. The half priced game would likely be an expensive $55 title.

Sadly it only seems to work for 1 50% off game per 1 full priced new game.

Hmm, the margins are still very slim. $30 Games I would want to buy new, due to the included DLC codes (ex: MM:Legacy) are sold out. Oh well.

Really hate the current block on adding in-store pickup inventory (qty: 1) to cart.  Several new games at the 29.99 point nearby that I would order in this deal.  Anyone know a viable workaround? 

The only one I've previously read is when preowned is also instock, which is not the case for me.

When you say OG Switch's, you mean the original Switch's in the White box or newer Red box Switch?
Sorry, not familiar with Switches. It was a red box, didn't pay close attention but noticed there was no bundled software mentioned on the package. I think they were red/blue joys but may have been all black one too. Price was $299, I was in a bit of a rush and wasn't looking for Nintendo stuff, just happened to walk down that section.

If you have lots of spare time and no job, I guess? You're also directly affecting kids and moms who aren't able to find a console anywhere near msrp.
Yeah, that seems like a lot of legwork and kind of a dick move. I don't have time to play games as it is so little intrest in that level of flipping. Might do some trade in flips with GS or something for preorders but moving consoles over msrp is out of my league.

ordered 12 vita games

1 retail case

5 generic cases

5 yellow envelopes 

1 jammed into a switch case in such a way that I had to break the case to get the game out...

Received an email detailing their reopening protocols so finally Mall stores must have opened. Seeing store hours now for locations around me instead of CL:CL.

I can finally cancel preorders and get back credit. 

I've been mulling over how to get this to work out. It doesn't work on pre-orders and CAG16 doesn't stack. Double boo!

One thought is to buy something with added value, like Tetris 99 (new, Switch, $30), which comes with a year of Nintendo Online ($20 MSRP), gut the game, then sell it off, used, and do whatever with the 50% off game, which might not have the case. The half priced game would likely be an expensive $55 title.

Sadly it only seems to work for 1 50% off game per 1 full priced new game.

Hmm, the margins are still very slim. $30 Games I would want to buy new, due to the included DLC codes (ex: MM:Legacy) are sold out. Oh well.
Not a bad idea, I passed on considering Tetris since I figured it was one of those code-only games, but it looks like it actually comes with a cartridge. I don't subscribe to nintendo online myself, so wouldn't really find a good outlet to sell the code here.

Clubhouse Games @ $40 isn't a terrible option to split the order delivery methods. (pickup + free ship) :beer: Sadly, both new and pre-owned games are locked out of CAG16 as well as any certs once both are added to cart....

I bought Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection (new) and Luigi's Mansion 3 (pre-owned) in one order and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition (new) and Final Fantasy VI Advance (pre-owned) in another order.

Got Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection which I was intending to get anyway which gave me 50% off on Super Mario RPG for snes. Pretty pleased with this flash sale.

I bought 2 games under the buy one 29.99 and get a pre-owned for 50 percent off, but I forgot to link my account.

Is there a way to link my account so I can get the points after the purchase?

Not a bad sale, btw. I bought ni no Kuni for 29.99 and ys viii (both for the switch) for the price that I would have paid for ys alone. I suggest looking for switch games that are most likely not gonna drop in price as the pre-owned one for half

I just can't trust that they won't send a gutted copy of anything, slapped a sticker on it and call it new. Same goes with preowned, generic label, scratched up disc, ect. Also, they lie when they claim that you will get free shipping, if you have done any of their recent flash sales in the past, the invoice clearly shows that they charge you 5.00 to ship it, then they deduct an equal among from each game, so that if you need to return it for any reason, you are out that money.

This is one "deal" that people would be wise to stay away from.

Not a bad sale, btw. I bought ni no Kuni for 29.99 and ys viii (both for the switch) for the price that I would have paid for ys alone. I suggest looking for switch games that are most likely not gonna drop in price as the pre-owned one for half
Ys VIII is a good bet. The money (collectability aspect) though is going to be if it comes with the insert, fold-out map, and trading cards (esp the trading cards - which are mostly missing IMO). Falcom / NIS America Inc. had sort of a limited run of this game, for Switch. They publicly stated they were unsure of the Switch market. It's a game in my mind as being rare down the road. Also a really fun Switch JRPG! I played through it, and had a blast!

I bought multiples last year to find 1 pack of trading cards. I'm OK with that.

The Switch version comes with all DLC items already unlocked. Good game, for me: tied scores with XC-DE IMO .. XC2 is lower in my list, as reference.

Overall good game to get for $27.50+tax. /applause

I just can't trust that they won't send a gutted copy of anything, slapped a sticker on it and call it new. Same goes with preowned, generic label, scratched up disc, ect. Also, they lie when they claim that you will get free shipping, if you have done any of their recent flash sales in the past, the invoice clearly shows that they charge you 5.00 to ship it, then they deduct an equal among from each game, so that if you need to return it for any reason, you are out that money.

This is one "deal" that people would be wise to stay away from.
I strongly agree, when they did their last sale on “new” games, I ordered about 20 and literally half of them were opened with damaged cover art and dirty discs. A couple of the “new” ones didn’t even have cases. How does a company sell a new game without the case like wtf?

I still don’t know they are legally able to get away with this. It should be considered false advertising at a minimum

Ys VIII is a good bet. The money (collectability aspect) though is going to be if it comes with the insert, fold-out map, and trading cards (esp the trading cards - which are mostly missing IMO). Falcom / NIS America Inc. had sort of a limited run of this game. It's a game in my mind as being rare down the road. Also a really fun Switch JRPG! I played through it, and had a blast!

I bought multiples last year to find 1 pack of trading cards. I'm OK with that.

The Switch version comes with all DLC items already unlocked. Good game, for me: tied scores with XC-DE IMO .. XC2 is lower in my list, as reference.

Overall good game to get for $27.50+tax. /applause
Thanks.

I was literally going to buy ys through Amazon right before I saw this sale. I mainly care for the cartridge. I've been wanting to play it for a while. Ni no Kuni the same.

So Im happy.

Bought 4 weeb games since I had two 5 dollar certs I wanted to use. Probably could have waited for another Flash sale on used games but didn't want to risk them being out of stock. Curiously, these games went mysteriously out of stock during the last Flash sale (I was slow on the draw) but are back in stock now. I have my doubts folks traded in Senran Kagura, Atelier, and visual novel games since the last sale, but what do I know.

Really, really,  hoping for original packaging. Haven't had luck with JRPG's lately though. Its like I either get the special edition with all the extras included, or its a generic case.

I need help from some GameStop gurus
I want this transformer that would be apart of the collectible flash sale. It’s on the GameStop app, but is not on the webpage. I can’t get the 25% off $125+ to trigger on the app. Thinking I was smart, I added the item to my wish list on the app, logged into the website, and was able to see it on my list, but when I clicked on it it said webpage not found. Is this just gliched out and am I out of luck?

Hey, would someone mind explaining where you get a return label to exchange a game that doesn't work, bought it online, I prefer not to go into the store if they are even open.  

Do I have to call or can it be done online, I checked out as a guest but I have the order #.  Thanks ahead of time to whoever answers!

Hey, would someone mind explaining where you get a return label to exchange a game that doesn't work, bought it online, I prefer not to go into the store if they are even open.

Do I have to call or can it be done online, I checked out as a guest but I have the order #. Thanks ahead of time to whoever answers!
Have to call.

Bah I bought Ys 8 since they had the 50% off sale and I doubt it will ever go below 30. Couldn't find anything cheap I wanted so I just bit the bullet and paired it with xenoblade. I should have just grabbed ni no kuni and see if I could resell it...

Wow my order from today is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Gamestop is on top of it all of a sudden.
I'm guessing that there's something wrong with the shipping estimates through UPS. Mine says delivery is expected tomorrow but also says that the package is still in the"Ready for UPS" stage. I really doubt it's going to be picked up tonight and make it to me tomorrow.

Bah I bought Ys 8 since they had the 50% off sale and I doubt it will ever go below 30. Couldn't find anything cheap I wanted so I just bit the bullet and paired it with xenoblade. I should have just grabbed ni no kuni and see if I could resell it...
Yeah physical copies of Ys 8 go for like $60 on Switch and $70 on PS4 used so getting a physical for $30 is a steal at this point.

(Only Switch listing on Amazon is for the European version. To find US for PS4 and Vita you have to go under the Vita listing.)

Yeah physical copies of Ys 8 go for like $60 on Switch and $70 on PS4 used so getting a physical for $30 is a steal at this point.

(Only Switch listing on Amazon is for the European version. To find US for PS4 and Vita you have to go under the Vita listing.)
Hell I probably should have just bought 2 copies of Ys 8 then sold the other for a profit.

I'm guessing that there's something wrong with the shipping estimates through UPS. Mine says delivery is expected tomorrow but also says that the package is still in the"Ready for UPS" stage. I really doubt it's going to be picked up tonight and make it to me tomorrow.
Might be accurate. I noticed my games were shipped from a Gamestop that is 20 miles away. I had the games next day. Seems like Gamestop is using local stores to fulfill orders

used the b1g1 50% off to get pokemon emerald for 40 bucks - hopefully they send a legit copy. there are some pretty good expensive retro games in stock you can use it on

So my store is finally reopened to the public.
Does anyone know the in-store return policy for items shipped during the quarantine?
I know I could have shipped it back but I wanted to avoid the headache because they promised they'd adjust the return policy once stores reopened.

So my store is finally reopened to the public.
Does anyone know the in-store return policy for items shipped during the quarantine?
I know I could have shipped it back but I wanted to avoid the headache because they promised they'd adjust the return policy once stores reopened.
I was able to return my 10+ games with no problems. The guy there said that all returns get sent back to the warehouse whether the product was defective or not.

Might be accurate. I noticed my games were shipped from a Gamestop that is 20 miles away. I had the games next day. Seems like Gamestop is using local stores to fulfill orders
Good luck. Unfortunately for me, UPS is still waiting for my package so any hopes I had of the delivery happening today are almost thoroughly dashed.

Where did you hear this? Hiring and training new employees is not cheap.
Uhhh you're thinking about jobs where people actually get trained. I worked at drug stores where they had me train some kid for 120 minutes and then he was on his own. They're happy to let Old Margaret go because she was making 14.50 an hour having been with the company for 15 years so little Jimmy can do her job for 8.25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back