2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The glitch essentially gives you 40% off assuming you can find 10 equally-price games in stock. Think I will just stick to Target B2G1 deals for full-priced games after getting burned without cases during the 5 @ 50% off sale.

Oh so it’s only 6 games total? 4 of which are free? Hell of a deal.

Unless you do mean 10 games total... which is why I was saying it’s just worded poorly by GameStop. They mean buy 5 games total, get 2 of those games free.
In your mind, If the sale was B1G1, would that mean everything on the entire website was free? Since according to your logic, that would mean "buy 1 game total, get 1 of those games free"?

In your mind, If the sale was B1G1, would that mean everything on the entire website was free? Since according to your logic, that would mean "buy 1 game total, get 1 of those games free"?
Dude I’m not using that logic, that’s my whole point. That would be what makes sense. Buy 1 get 1 is 2 games total.. 1+1=2. Their wording is buy 5 get 2 free, as in, 5+2=7. That’s not what the sale is though, it’s buy 5 TOTAL get 2 of those 5 games free. They just worded it moronic, which is my point. Clearly the sale should be worded “buy 3 get 2 free”. Or buy 6 get 4 free.

My point is, I don’t think it’s glitched with 10 for the price of 6, it’s just that 5 for the price of 3 is messed up. I think they just suck at programming AND wording stuff correctly. This is GameStop though, sometimes we never know wtf they’re trying to do...

Dude I’m not using that logic, that’s my whole point. That would be what makes sense. Buy 1 get 1 is 2 games total.. 1+1=2. Their wording is buy 5 get 2 free, as in, 5+2=7. That’s not what the sale is though, it’s buy 5 TOTAL get 2 of those 5 games free. They just worded it moronic, which is my point. Clearly the sale should be worded “buy 3 get 2 free”. Or buy 6 get 4 free.

My point is, I don’t think it’s glitched with 10 for the price of 6, it’s just that 5 for the price of 3 is messed up. I think they just suck at programming AND wording stuff correctly. This is GameStop though, sometimes we never know wtf they’re trying to do.
That's exactly what the sale is though. The two advertised offers are B3G1 and B5G2. Try adding games to your cart.

If you add 4 games to cart, 1 is discounted. (B3G1)

If you add 5 games to cart, 1 is discounted. (B3G1 + 1 normal)

If you add 6 games to cart, 1 is discounted. (B3G1 + 2 normal)

If you add 7 games to cart, 2 are discounted. (B5G2)

So clearly the offers are worded exactly as advertised at the basic level. Therefore B6G4 is an unintended glitch where two different BxGx offers stack on top of each other, not "oh Gamestop must clearly have meant Buy 5 total get 2 of them free, not B5G2". Same way previously B2G2 glitch-stacked with (B2G2 under $10) due to the free games from one offer counting as "bought" games for the second, resulting in B4G8.

That's exactly what the sale is though. The two advertised offers are B4G1 and B5G2. Try adding games to your cart.

If you add 4 games to cart, 1 is discounted. (B4G1)
If you add 5 games to cart, 1 is discounted. (B4G1 + 1 normal)
If you add 6 games to cart, 1 is discounted. (B4G1 + 2 normal)
If you add 7 games to cart, 2 are discounted. (B5G2)

So clearly the offers are worded exactly as advertised. Therefore B6G4 is an unintended glitch where two different BxGx offers stack on top of each other, not "oh Gamestop must clearly have meant Buy 5 total get 2 of them free, not B5G2". Same way previously B2G1 glitch-stacked with B2G2 under $10 due to the free games from one offer counting as "bought" games for the second.
It’s not though, it’s buy 3 get 1 free, or buy 5 get 2 free. Go check the site. I have no idea where you’re seeing buy 4 get 1 free.

Gamestop ProDay Walkthrough Progression:   (54.99 games only)

1 Game = B1G0

2 Games = B2G0

3 Games = B3G0

4 Games = B3G1 = 25% off

5 Games = B4G1
6 Games = B5G1
7 Games = B5G2
8 Games = B5G3 = 38% off
9 Games = B6G3
10 Games = G6G4 = 40% off
I'm sure if you added only $9.99 games you'd get a higher % off and different progression due to the odd promo stacking, but there ain't no point to get those at this point!

I am also sitting this one out. I guess if you could somehow find 10x $30 TIV games for pickup today and flip back to GS towards TLOU2 to get $70 "free" credit... but that is too much work and shifty eyes for me. 

Had 13 games in cart. Total was $64 after taxes for those $9.99 games.To name a few; Death Mark, Senran Kagura, Talos Principal, Fate: Umbrella Star, Borderlands GOTY, Some hidden gems in there.

When, I had 14 games in my cart it became $99 total, so I removed one.

I need another game like I need a gaping hole in my head, but I am planning to go to a GameStop today to buy a carrying case with my $5 reward coupon before it expires.

I have Bayonetta/Vanquish PS4&xb1, Code Vein, NNK remaster, Odin sphere, saints row 3 remaster, blade stranger, DMC5, DQ XI, dr4 big package. Gonna pull the trigger. 

Last night must have been an IATCG equinox as BOTH of his personalities sent out group messages. If he'd just settle into the Dave persona permanently, he'd be so much more likeable.

Is it worth it to sign up or renew today? Says 5k extra points? Thinking about renewing and/or my spouse signing up. Been using my monthly $5 for xbox currency and now that we have a couple 2DSs I assume we can get eshop currency for digital purchases on those?

Is it worth it to sign up or renew today? Says 5k extra points? Thinking about renewing and/or my spouse signing up. Been using my monthly $5 for xbox currency and now that we have a couple 2DSs I assume we can get eshop currency for digital purchases on those?
As long as your state does not go back into shut down mode and close all the stores again (curbside only), then go for it.

On retro games, to they accept games that are not on the trade list of the web site?  Even games they sell don't always show up there.  Also, shadow of the tomb raider isn't showing either.

Does anybody know off hand if the $8 shirts will ring up for $8 at the store, or is it online only?
Both the B3G1, B5G2 (B6G4) and shirts are online only "flash" sales and not technically part of the Pro-Day - so not valid in-stores. But you can order for store pickup if that size is in stock. Good luck believing their stock accuracy however :bomb:

I signed up for the pro membership a few month ago in store but online the change never reflected (still player). I get the monthly $5 coupon but can’t see the prices on this sale...anyone know if there is anyway to fix this? Looks like it might be too much of a headache to bother

Somehow, GS has the dualshock 4 500 million limited edition CONTROLLER (not the system), pre-owned in stock.
Great find, thanks for sharing.

I'm a little suspicious thinking it might be a mistake and potential cancellation. I'll let others grab it since I already have the one that came with my console.

Well this is new... my UPS tracking shows "Damage Reported" on my order for AC new horizons and Ys VIII used. No delivery date even after 3 days after it was shipped but I can't wait to see how fun it is to deal with GS CS. 

Well this is new... my UPS tracking shows "Damage Reported" on my order for AC new horizons and Ys VIII used. No delivery date even after 3 days after it was shipped but I can't wait to see how fun it is to deal with GS CS.
Save yourself a little back and forth and contact UPS first and get info from them then call GS.

Regarding this Pro Day glitch, is anyone getting cold feet after how they handle some of their other BxGy sales? I had orders during the Thanksgiving B2G2 where one order was fulfilled with just the paid games (both free games OOS) and one was fulfilled with just the 2 paid/1 free (other one was OOS). I know some people got their free games and the paid ones were OOS so they got free games but knowing my luck...

Save yourself a little back and forth and contact UPS first and get info from them then call GS.
The tracking number already shows the package was damaged and that GS was notified. I'm just wondering what the damage was and if the store will even care...

EdIt, well shit... Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.

Looking through the pre-owned games just confirms that I've played everything I want to this generation. If Amazon still had their trade-in program running fully, maybe I'd spend some time digging around for 10 titles to move... As it is, I'll pass.

Well, I ended up buying 10 Switch games to complete my collection (of games that I wanted on Switch) because of the glitch. Now to hope they all come complete (but won't hold my breath).

I just can't trust that they won't send a gutted copy of anything, slapped a sticker on it and call it new. Same goes with preowned, generic label, scratched up disc, ect. Also, they lie when they claim that you will get free shipping, if you have done any of their recent flash sales in the past, the invoice clearly shows that they charge you 5.00 to ship it, then they deduct an equal among from each game, so that if you need to return it for any reason, you are out that money.

This is one "deal" that people would be wise to stay away from.
I was all set to argue with you on this and then I started looking closer, and you're right. On the packing slip, which is what you have to use for in-store returns, they take the cost of the shipping, divide it by the number of games and then subtract it from each game. If you're ordering a bunch of games at once, its not a big deal, but if you order 2 or 3 games and have to return one, you're getting jobbed. I can't find any of my old packing slips at the moment but I don't think they have been doing it this way for very long.

Somehow, GS has the dualshock 4 500 million limited edition CONTROLLER (not the system), pre-owned in stock. All pre-owned ps4 controllers are on sale today for $29.99. I just brought it:

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/accessories/controllers/products/sony-dualshock-4-500-million-limited-edition-wireless-controller/10167221.html?utm_expid=.Hn2ODSotSjW4yWszOrBF7Q.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F.
If you look on the side, it says Gold edition. It's a mistake.

None of the Buy-Get free are working for me. I've tried all combinations and nothing is working. I used to be elite and got downgraded to pro so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyone else have this issue?

Looks like they fixed the b6g7 and just made it b5g3 max across the board.  still worse than the straight 50% flash sale so I'm passing.  Though I did notice Animal Crossing is currently in stock

Maxes out at 4 free games, I tried a lot of combinations. It's B5G4 now.

Also, surprised to see some newer switch games (pokemon mystery dungeon and animal crossing) available to ship now. Curious how they got enough pre-owned with trades being stopped.

It's crazy how much GameStop is focusing on top line sales. Flash sales being extended, BOGO promotions being switched mid day. I'm sure the sales department are reporting numbers constantly to upper management, who in turn says, "we need more! Make the promo better!"

It's crazy how much GameStop is focusing on top line sales. Flash sales being extended, BOGO promotions being switched mid day. I'm sure the sales department are reporting numbers constantly to upper management, who in turn says, "we need more! Make the promo better!"
Who knows, by this evening they might switch to B2G2. The new quarter starts on Wednesday July 1, so they want good numbers out of this sale.

Geesh, they expect you to find 7 pre-owned games you like when inventory is low and their site doesn't allow pickup in store on a lot of items? Good luck...

The B5G2 isn't bad... if you can actually find 5 used games within the same-ish price range. Everything I want is OOS.
So that wording is off. It's B2G1F or B3G2F. I just bought 5 with 2 of them being free.

Edit: I guess it changed in the middle of my order, oh well.

Not that the changed promo is any better.  Rather have a buy 1 get 1 free but with the titles that qualify for the current 50% off promo.

I returned my games from online order b2g1 and made out like a bandit with cash. Traded in doom eternal and only got $36. The extra 10% pro day didnt kick in cuz im still "Elite Pro"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back