2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you guys think gamestop will give $300+ for PS4 Pro, if they have PS5 trade in promotion?

Haven't used PS4 in months, can live without it as i got a switch/PC.

Will save that for the PS5.

Someone offering me $330 local for my 2tb PS4. Just don't want to wait and then PS4s start flooding the market in next couple of months.

So you guys think gamestop will give $300+ for PS4 Pro, if they have PS5 trade in promotion?

Someone offering me $330 local for my 2tb PS4. Just don't want to wait and then PS4s start flooding the market in next couple of months.
Honestly that’s probably the most you’d get out of it for the console alone. If you’re set on getting rid of it you won’t get a better trade offer at GameStop than that.

Take the offer. They’re not going to give $300 for the Pro.

I pulled the trigger on a B5G4 Switch lot, came out to $296 with tax.  I'm tempted to try the B6G10 but what a pain to find that many $10 games I havent bought already.

Geez... Yeah I will probably passs
Just watch videos of it. I beat it tonight. Had to lower the difficulty so I could just mow down enemy because it was becoming a slog to play. Gameplay is not good. Story is okay but not really worth mentioning. Definitely didn’t deserve all these perfect 10s.

Main page is advertising B2G2 $14.99 and Under. Typing in Dotdweek22sun is showing B2G1 or B5G3 all preowned. So essentially one free game better than yesterday.

Also, for whatever it’s worth I loved TLOU 2 and thought it was better than the original.

Just watch videos of it. I beat it tonight. Had to lower the difficulty so I could just mow down enemy because it was becoming a slog to play. Gameplay is not good. Story is okay but not really worth mentioning. Definitely didn’t deserve all these perfect 10s.
What are your complaints on the gameplay?

Yeah I did B5G8 and was really struggling in the end... not worth it.
I shouldn't have doubted myself. I got B6G10 for $64, all $10 games, I just doubled up on a few. Keep one, flip one.

But every time I think GS can't lower the customer service bar any further, they do. Just got this from customer service in response to an email about a refund:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.
Don't hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.
Regards,
Roman Leiva
GameStop Guest Care

What are your complaints on the gameplay?
It's typical ND mechanics. Uncharted and Last of Us are pretty much carbon copies. Melee combat is satisfying though. Gunplay is not unless you're sniping for headshots(but there isn't enough of that, either because you can't play stealth with a rifle or because you quickly run out of ammo). And you get the best gun at the end of the game, which is a joke.

Ended up doing a B5G8 on $9.99 games, all with games I also didn't need, but you literally cant beat getting them for just a bit over $4. Looks like it's still live too.

EDIT: Deal is dead now. Looks like they removed the banner entirely for the B2G2 under $15 so I'm not sure if that's even a thing.

Somehow, GS has the dualshock 4 500 million limited edition CONTROLLER (not the system), pre-owned in stock. All pre-owned ps4 controllers are on sale today for $29.99. I just brought it:
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/accessories/controllers/products/sony-dualshock-4-500-million-limited-edition-wireless-controller/10167221.html?utm_expid=.Hn2ODSotSjW4yWszOrBF7Q.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F.
Not to be a downer but I ordered an Xbox One Ocean Shadow controller used and what they sent me was just a black custom made controller with similar buttons and blue color handles on the back. Instead of going through the process of returning it since no store within 100 miles had it in stock, I just sold it for $10 more than I bought it for.

I'm not saying that's what happened to you and I hope you get what you ordered but just a heads up.

Somehow, GS has the dualshock 4 500 million limited edition CONTROLLER (not the system), pre-owned in stock. All pre-owned ps4 controllers are on sale today for $29.99. I just brought it:
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/accessories/controllers/products/sony-dualshock-4-500-million-limited-edition-wireless-controller/10167221.html?utm_expid=.Hn2ODSotSjW4yWszOrBF7Q.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F.
Not to be a downer but I ordered an Xbox One Ocean Shadow controller used and what they sent me was just a black custom made controller with similar buttons and blue color handles on the back. Instead of going through the process of returning it since no store within 100 miles had it in stock, I just sold it for $10 more than I bought it for.

I'm not saying that's what will happen to you and I hope you get what you ordered but just a heads up.

Cash is always better than credit, if you're willing to take the risk of meeting people in person these days. They have +$25 trade in promo now, so I wouldn't expect much more for whatever PS5 promo they end up doing.

JFDpw97.jpg

Depending on the condition of your PS4, it's a resell for at least $300 locally. I sold my sealed BF bundle with GoW, Horizon and TLoU for $400 about 2 months ago, since it was still sealed.

Was mad at myself for not jumping on the glitch then realized there were not enough $10 games that I even wanted. Hoping for a B1G1 or 50% off $35 and under.

Would like to shoot for some xb1 game cases on the $10 games I picked up on the B4G8 glitch. What kind of luck is everyone having on cases for the $10-$15 range xb1 games these days? Considering placing some orders next sale for swaps and returns on good/better cases.

It's typical ND mechanics. Uncharted and Last of Us are pretty much carbon copies. Melee combat is satisfying though. Gunplay is not unless you're sniping for headshots(but there isn't enough of that, either because you can't play stealth with a rifle or because you quickly run out of ammo). And you get the best gun at the end of the game, which is a joke.
I felt this game is a bit too long and should have been ten hours shorter, I felt the fatigue. I didn't have a problem with the gameplay since it is about survival in a post apocalyptic world where your supplies are limited.

I felt this game is a bit too long and should have been ten hours shorter, I felt the fatigue. I didn't have a problem with the gameplay since it is about survival in a post apocalyptic world where your supplies are limited.
I would have preferred they went bigger with the first half of the game and made it a non-linear open world where you have the freedom/choice to enter Seattle from either faction's territory to achieve your goals. More random world generation of loot / enemies / scatter set piece encounters. I'm still playing thru the second half right now...

None of this "a box is in the road, we can't cross!" or "help me boost up!". I guess I"m mostly in it for the story.

I would have preferred they went bigger with the first half of the game and made it a non-linear open world where you have the freedom/choice to enter Seattle from either faction's territory to achieve your goals. More random world generation of loot / enemies / scatter set piece encounters. I'm still playing thru the second half right now...

None of this "a box is in the road, we can't cross!" or "help me boost up!". I guess I"m mostly in it for the story.
Yeah, more of that open non-linear approach would have made the game better. I also wished there were more infected and humans battle gameplay. I thought that gameplay was the best thing they introduced in the first game DLC.

I hope the $14.99 B2G2 comes back, most of the $14.99 games were just bumped up from $9.99 anyway.
this exactly, almost everyone of them has been $9.99 or less. several of them were eligible for the 50% under $9.99 and quite a few were part of the 4 for $20 they used to do.

Looks like the deal is back...or at least the banner is back up.

Edit: Looks like just the banner for now. Also, it's borked, because it's showing non-$14.99 and under games are part of the sale despite it clearly stating $14.99 and under.

Looks like the deal is back...or at least the banner is back up.

Edit: Looks like just the banner for now. Also, it's borked, because it's showing non-$14.99 and under games are part of the sale despite it clearly stating $14.99 and under.
... What a shitshow. In the cart it says B2G2 but they somehow have B2G1 activated instead. Wonder if it will get fixed at all today knowing how GS just kinda rolled with the "glitches" yesterday.

Crazy everyone has such mixed views on lou2
It's still a good game but with flaws, no way is this game is as bad as many are making it to be though. The game is definitely getting review bombed. You can tell some of the reviews are from people who has never played the game or have issue with other sexuality.

Also works for games over $15. I got 3x Final Fantasy VII and Doom for PS4. It went through. Let's see if they cancel it or not.

Is it possible to use the June $5 coupon online?

Edit: seen a couple pages back that someone had. Which part of the code do you type in?

Ah, I see the problem. I had a switch game in my cart and it looks like ALL switch games are ineligible.

Of course, looks like GS glitched and made every game above $15 work too.

Good find on the b2g2, thanks for sharing.

For me there's just not enough good $54.99 :ps4: :xb1: games right now.  Basically just FFVIIR and that will keep falling like a rock in typical SE fashion.

Good find on the b2g2, thanks for sharing.

For me there's just not enough good $54.99 :ps4: :xb1: games right now. Basically just FFVIIR and that will keep falling like a rock in typical SE fashion.
Same boat here. Nothing I really want to play on PS4 or stock to flip at any price range right now :whistle2: Feels weird not taking advantage of a B2G2, but if no Switch... no point!

So uh.... I have no idea why, but when I go through a GameStop email on only my iphone (didn't work on my Google phone), the site actually works and looks good? Not only can I finally add items for pickup again, but it actually shows how many are in stock, which I've never seen before. Have I just always been missing this and it's always looked this way or is this some sort of alternate universe? I'll try to get screenshots.

Edit: how it normally looks for me on PC, iPhone, and google phone:
[attachment=34232:1297D402-92FA-4A7B-AFCB-F1D895181DD9.png]

How it looks when I go through email. Same item, same store, but this shows quantity in stock and let’s me add to change cart.

[attachment=34233:154E3BB9-75CA-4F32-A232-768AB9C92675.png]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back