2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same boat here. Nothing I really want to play on PS4 or stock to flip at any price range right now :whistle2: Feels weird not taking advantage of a B2G2, but if no Switch... no point!
I totally just lied to myself. Found something to maybe play / flip - Person 5 Royal Steelbook Edition $35. Amazon buying the standard edition for $25 so uhh.. hopefully it will be accepted disc only. Put in 2 orders for flipping... :beer:

I totally just lied to myself. Found something to maybe play / flip - Person 5 Royal Steelbook Edition $35. Amazon buying the standard edition for $25 so uhh.. hopefully it will be accepted disc only.
Does it have the dlcs in the disk or is it a code?

The last few orders I've placed I have selected the standard $6.99 option and it has given me a $5 discount making standard $1.99. I know it's $2 more than free obviously but sometimes it's better to not have the game say shipped and sit somewhere for a week before it actually ships.

Yeah, I noticed that they've actually been doing that for a while now.

Man, I'm sitting on 4 3ds games in my cart for about $54 shipped and I'm trying to convince myself to pull the trigger.

Was anyone able to get Mario Kart yesterday during the B2G1? Now it's showing up as in stock, pre-owned.
I've noticed games were throttled recently. Not that I'm entirely surprised, as I've seen it before, even for much crappier games, suddenly out of stock, yet in stock the day after.

To anyone concerned - I was able to finally use my $5 cert on a $10 e-shop card. Out of desperation, I wandered inside a GS store, since I was in the same shopping center on other business. The employee actually tried the $5 card and it didn't work, but I mentioned a "rumor" that it might work on $10 .. they shrugged, tried it and it stuck. I was also able to burn out an old gift card for several bucks .. and get this -- they took CASH for the remaining pocket change difference, like 27 cents.

I was ready to just charge it, but asked if they took cash -- "We do".

Neat! Cash is phasing back ..!

edit - on further reflection, they didn't have the plexy glass shield I've read so much about. They wore masks, but handled cash without gloves. My first time inside a GS store in several months. So I guess I don't know what their policy actually is any more.

I've noticed games were throttled recently. Not that I'm entirely surprised, as I've seen it before, even for much crappier games, suddenly out of stock, yet in stock the day after.

To anyone concerned - I was able to finally use my $5 cert on a $10 e-shop card. Out of desperation, I wandered inside a GS store, since I was in the same shopping center on other business. The employee actually tried the $5 card and it didn't work, but I mentioned a "rumor" that it might work on $10 .. they shrugged, tried it and it stuck. I was also able to burn out an old gift card for several bucks .. and get this -- they took CASH for the remaining pocket change difference, like 27 cents.

I was ready to just charge it, but asked if they took cash -- "We do".

Neat! Cash is phasing back ..!

edit - on further reflection, they didn't have the plexy glass shield I've read so much about. They wore masks, but handled cash without gloves. My first time inside a GS store in several months. So I guess I don't know what their policy actually is any more.
GS started taking cash again (at least mine did) either June 2 or 9.

Hey all sorry if this is a silly question, the 5 dollar monthly credit we get from being a PUR member, can we use that on eShop currency in store or no?

Would some mind listing their games on the bxg(more than x) 9.99 glitch?

My gs "new" game should arrive Monday. Let's see how that goes.

you know those stacking "glitches" over the past few days? let's just say those are a present from dave to make up for the crappy pro day sale. just don't tell anyone at grapevine about it... because even if they let down the loyal pur pro fans dave doesn't.

heres a secret
gs is trying to get rid of as much of their used inventory right now as possible and some overstock new inventory. so you might get some games that you order used but they might come sealed or they might come with the plastic off but brand new condition. gs wants to clear out all old inventory from old gens and all low priced and old inventory from new gens. gs basically only wants newer games, popular switch games, etc. basically stuff that will sell asap to get numbers up and bring in money. they are cutting their losses with all of the old crap as a way to just get numbers up right now. the stores that will remain opened at the end of the year will focus on popular games and the ps5 xbox launch then next year will focus on restructuring completely and closing more stores. by 2022 they might not exist anymore.

but even the douchebags at grapevine are arguing about sales and how to do things right now which is why some sales might suddenly get cut short or changed. so if you see a good deal jump on it asap because douches like tim in grapevine will find out about it and try to ruin it or fuck it up. because he's a douche like that. unlike dave who tries to help out.

and yes they did monitor this forum and slickdeals but lately they don't really give a fuck. the last thing that really pissed them off was the divison 2 trade, camelot331 and the bad press from the china flu.

but don't tell anyone dave told you this.
To be fair, I have gotten about 5 XB1 games unwrapped but sealed with the sticker on from the warehouse from the 50% sales.

Dave, get help, you racist prick.

And, did you really wait 2 days after joining to finally post your drivel? Get scared of getting banned before you had a chance to post? Pathetic disgrace to the human race.

I had four 19.99  :360: games on my wishlist so I went ahead and did the B2G2 while it's still possible. I almost bit on them earlier during one of the 50% off promos a month or two ago. They're games I previously had but sold during one of the trade-in promotions a few years ago, and they're not as easy to find in the physical stores now.

I'm not expecting them to have original cases or artwork. I usually hesitate to order anything from GameStop other than for pickup so I can check the store before I place the order to make sure they do have the cases and artwork. But being able to get them at half-price (not too much more than what I got for them in trade) overrode my hesitancy. None of them are available digitally, so I suppose they *might* retain some value.

Since the order was over $35 I could have done the "No Hurry What Me Worry?" free shipping, but the Standard shipping was only 1.99 instead of 6.99 so I chose that. I'll report back when the order arrives.

If the B2G2 is still active on everything non-switch at all price ranges, it must not be a mistake or some meta way to identify the PUR memebers to boot haha  :shock:

Definitely a strange deal of the day. 5/15 on select ps3/360 games. However, there are a total of NINE of these available online.

So it MUST work in-store, even if pick up in store kind of doesn't.

Plus, it's not a huge savings over the b2g2... so what's the point?

Definitely a strange deal of the day. 5/15 on select ps3/360 games. However, there are a total of NINE of these available online.

So it MUST work in-store, even if pick up in store kind of doesn't.

Plus, it's not a huge savings over the b2g2... so what's the point?
After this sale, I would not be surprised if they throw out the left over games, in stock, in the trash. They really don't want to have anything to do with PS3/XB360 anymore.

Yeah kinda bummed me out actually, saw the banner and I was excited to get some more ps3/360 stuff but then... literally not a single game I wanted was in stock.

Yeah kinda bummed me out actually, saw the banner and I was excited to get some more ps3/360 stuff but then... literally not a single game I wanted was in stock.
You should check your Goodwill or Halfprice stores since Gamestop is not taking trades of PS3/360 games. People usually dump their games since they can't get any money anymore from Gamestop.

I had four 19.99 :360: games on my wishlist so I went ahead and did the B2G2 while it's still possible. I almost bit on them earlier during one of the 50% off promos a month or two ago. They're games I previously had but sold during one of the trade-in promotions a few years ago, and they're not as easy to find in the physical stores now.

I'm not expecting them to have original cases or artwork. I usually hesitate to order anything from GameStop other than for pickup so I can check the store before I place the order to make sure they do have the cases and artwork. But being able to get them at half-price (not too much more than what I got for them in trade) overrode my hesitancy. None of them are available digitally, so I suppose they *might* retain some value.

Since the order was over $35 I could have done the "No Hurry What Me Worry?" free shipping, but the Standard shipping was only 1.99 instead of 6.99 so I chose that. I'll report back when the order arrives.
I thought I saw it working for $19.99 games earlier today. Not sure what happened, couldn't quite replicate it, but I did find myself in a b4g6 free cart situation this morning. About half of which I knew were complete at a local store so I put them in for pick up instead of shipping. I hate that Gamestop 1) doesn't count full order towards $35 free shipping (i.e. if you have $30 delivery and $30 pick up you'll still get charged for delivery) and 2) if a game is made free for shipping they of course also deduct it from shipping total. Thankfully I figured out the last 6 games added to the cart where the free ones so I did some remove/add stuff and made sure my pick-up ones were the freebies so paid ones would be shipped and shipping would be free.

Can anyone confirm is B2G2 is in store as well? I can't find anything saying online only but Gamestop loves to have online only sales, no mention it and then refuse to honor it in store for reasons.

Looks like the party on B2G2 on any non-switch pre-owned games (any price) is over. I was debating adding to the Wii flip stock but looks like  that isn't an option now!  :speaktothehand:

Yeah, I will buy almost anything lol, and even I can't find anything in this sale to buy. And I already cleaned the three local stores out of $9.99 or less games.

You should check your Goodwill or Halfprice stores since Gamestop is not taking trades of PS3/360 games. People usually dump their games since they can't get any money anymore from Gamestop.
Oh yeah I check all sorts of local stores and I am a big yard sale/flea market guy (though 2020 has been bad for yard sales obviously.) But these past few weeks gamestop has been really great for last gen games thanks to sales like this. Looks like they've finally bled themselves dry though I suppose. Was fun while it lasted, picked up a lot of stuff from last gen I wanted but never got around to buying.

Yes, and they've all ended up on Amazon. Check a random last gen game and there's a good chance there will be four Goodwill accounts and 3 HPB accounts selling it.

Boo, yesterday I placed orders for B2G2 and a B4G6 (all under $10) and this morning they were cancelled, anyone else seeing their orders cancelled?

Edit: the store glitch allowing it still seems to be active though for $9.99 games, I can place them back in the cart at the same discount.

Redeemed rewards points for a $5 off online coupon 2 days ago.  Never appeared in my account.  Was hoping to stack it with the monthly $5 coupon to purchase Iron Man VR :/

Are they even stackable in the first place?

Redeemed rewards points for a $5 off online coupon 2 days ago. Never appeared in my account. Was hoping to stack it with the monthly $5 coupon to purchase Iron Man VR :/

Redeemed rewards points for a $5 off online coupon 2 days ago. Never appeared in my account. Was hoping to stack it with the monthly $5 coupon to purchase Iron Man VR :/

Did they not show up in your digital locker? They'll be there rather than in your active offers I believe.

Did an order late yesterday for 8 games on $15 and under B2G2. 7 are marked for shipped just now.

I did 4 $15 and 4 $10...of course it looks like they charged for all the $15 ones and the $10 ones were free. I see a store return happening on this ASAP.

Did an order late yesterday for 8 games on $15 and under B2G2. 7 are marked for shipped just now.

I did 4 $15 and 4 $10...of course it looks like they charged for all the $15 ones and the $10 ones were free. I see a store return happening on this ASAP.
Of course they did. That’s how it always works on bXgX promos. They showed you which games were free on the checkout page. You could’ve also done the math in your head before checking out. Why did you even place the order?

Didn’t you do something similar last week to “see how the pricing would work”? Why are you making all of these orders just to return them?

Has anyone had luck calling Customer Service for replacing cases that do not have cover art?
"Gamestop" and "customer service" generally don't belong in the same sentence. I've encountered few companies of Gamestop's size that are so generally anti-consumer. - I buy from them because of their prices not their service. However, I have mostly had luck bringing in a few titles into a store and asking about swapping for artwork if they happen to have it (I try to only limit myself to a couple of games at a time and will look online to see if online store inventory suggests the game might be in stock at that location first). I always approach it from a "Well, thought I'd ask" stand point (never act entitled) and usually do so when I'm picking up a different order. 9/10 times the in-store reps are cool about it (since it literally makes no difference to their inventory). I've even had an employee just be like, "Honestly, I've got like 100 online orders to do so feel free to look and just let me know if you swap anything." Every now and then you get one who will insist everything needs to be a full return process which with B2G2 sales I just don't even want to touch and just politely turn down as not worth the trouble.

I think all told I got about 12 games with no artwork in my recent purchases, after 2 store visits to pick up some in-store pickup orders that number is done to 5.

Of course they did. That’s how it always works on bXgX promos. They showed you which games were free on the checkout page. You could’ve also done the math in your head before checking out. Why did you even place the order?

Didn’t you do something similar last week to “see how the pricing would work”? Why are you making all of these orders just to return them?
People were actually getting the larger priced games for free due to the earlier glitch only applying the free game to whatever you added in the cart last. Or at least that's what I recall reading in the comments. But this was also back when it was buy 10 titles get 4 of them free.

I've seen him post here quite a bit and he still doesn't know how a BXGX works? Lol, how weird.

Looks like B2G2 free on higher priced games of $14.99 is dead. Did anyones order actually go through?
I had placed two orders right after eachother; a B2G2 under $15 and a B2G2 under $20. Most of the $15 has shipped, but nothing from the $20 order which doesn't usually take so long.

I'm with DesertLeo in which I HAVENT received any coupon. Maybe it's because I'm locked in to PUR till next year or I've used a few coupons already over the past week, idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back