2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears that Gamestop has turned off their inventory checker again : that is, it will only show stores with more than 1 copy available.

They give me such a headache.
Do you think that they even realize this shit happens? Or that you haven't been able to use BOPIS on *most* things in over a month?

Do you think that they even realize this shit happens? Or that you haven't been able to use BOPIS on *most* things in over a month?
They have hamsters in charge of web design. I've never seen a website with so many issues/glitches that NO other retailer has. I guarantee you it's losing them millions of dollars.

That wasn't the glitch. The glitch was the B5G4 on any games and the B5G8 on games $9.99 and under.
For it to only work for less than one day, and their wording of under $14.99 clearly wasnt being put into effect, should be considered what then? Broken? Malfunction? Definitely not glitch right?
B2G2 is a better deal than B5G4 anyways because youre not forced to buy a total of 9 games.
The B5G8 was for sure a good deal though for $9.99 and under games.

I love how Gamestop of all places thinks they can program these sales that get ever more elaborate in their criteria without major glitches each time. Didn't they basically fire all their tech people to save money?

If you live in Texas, you might want to hurry and use your $5 monthly PUR coupon in store. There is talks of going back to non essential businesses closing again. Which means curbside pickup only, again. I just used my coupon on a $10 PSN card.

If you live in Texas, you might want to hurry and use your $5 monthly PUR coupon in store. There is talks of going back to non essential businesses closing again. Which means curbside pickup only, again. I just used my coupon on a $10 PSN card.
Agreed. Houston area here. I saw the local numbers this morning.. and they absolutely should shut everything down asap.

The July $5 cert still works online though.

So Marvel's Spider Man (regular edition) has been removed from the search engine.   Huh? 

This is a 1st party AAA title we're talking about here.  That's just strange. 

Plus, as someone else noted, I can't even choose store pick-up for items I know my home store has in stock because of the only "one copy left" rule. 

Ridiculous. 

So Marvel's Spider Man (regular edition) has been removed from the search engine. Huh?

This is a 1st party AAA title we're talking about here. That's just strange.

Plus, as someone else noted, I can't even choose store pick-up for items I know my home store has in stock because of the only "one copy left" rule.

Ridiculous.
Half the time you need to google search "spider-man ps4 gamestop" and that will link you to the correct URL as the first result. I find I have to do that with a lot of stores that google search finds them better than the actual store's webpage search....

edit: nvm, that link is dead like you said. but that would have been the link :) so they did remove it for some dumb reason.

Agreed. Houston area here. I saw the local numbers this morning.. and they absolutely should shut everything down asap.

The July $5 cert still works online though.
Did you try on digital currency, online? I was already in store returning a game so I went ahead an used my coupon before the shut down.

PSA: on the app the $5 PUR coupon says sold out, so I went to the desktop version and clicked on the $10 coupon and change 3951 to 3950 (in the url) to get the $5 PUR coupon to work.

https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/reward-details/?sku=3950&categoryType=Coupon

What are the chances that GS corrects a lost shipping automatically? My UPS tracking shows "item lost, sender notified" but the two times I've called their CS, I gave up after an hr or so of waiting since I'm on vacation and don't have time to sit around on the phone... 

I was hoping they either re-send items or just refund my giftcard (nope). 

For it to only work for less than one day, and their wording of under $14.99 clearly wasnt being put into effect, should be considered what then? Broken? Malfunction? Definitely not glitch right?
B2G2 is a better deal than B5G4 anyways because youre not forced to buy a total of 9 games.
It means their IT department is utterly clueless. But that isn't news. The B2G2 would have been good if it included Switch games, but it didn't. I easily found 9 Switch games to buy. Couldn't find shit during the B2G2 that I wanted.

It definitely was a glitch. Aircorba just has the tendency to pick arguments whenever he can. I’m still not completely convinced that he isn’t a troll.

So Marvel's Spider Man (regular edition) has been removed from the search engine. Huh?

Ridiculous.
Looks like either a widespread massive glitch or GS really is changing inventory. Tons of games that recently dissapeared from regular listings (you could individually google search them but they would not show up on any listing on the website) are gone as well. The Raven for switch, This war is mine for switch, and I'm sure there are hundreds of other.

Was gonna ask if anyone has found a way to include all these items in site listings but with no store page anymore I guess that's not possible.

It’s finally happen!!!! After years of buying retro games online from GameStop, probably thousands of game for flipping and padding the collection, I received a complete in box GameCube game!!! Wooooo!!! It was a copy of Zelda Windwaker. Came with the manual and the 3 extra pieces of paperwork. Wow... I honestly can’t believe it.

A bit random, but does anyone have an opinion on the Langrisser I & II collection on switch? Gamestop's sale price is tempting me.
It's going for nearly 20 over MSRP new on Amazon so it is tempting me as well. As it's likely to disappear soon.

Ridiculous.

Looks like either a widespread massive glitch or GS really is changing inventory. Tons of games that recently dissapeared from regular listings (you could individually google search them but they would not show up on any listing on the website) are gone as well. The Raven for switch, This war is mine for switch, and I'm sure there are hundreds of other.

Was gonna ask if anyone has found a way to include all these items in site listings but with no store page anymore I guess that's not possible.
Infamous: Second Son isn't showing up on their website either. I was able to trade it in yesterday for $2

For a long time I would have said yes, it's intentional, but now I really have no idea. I would LOVE to find out how the decision-making chain at corporate is actually structured. Who decides when to turn on specific deals and turn off others? Is it all the same person or different? There could really just be several different departments that are never in synch or one person controlling the whole thing but is completely incompetent.

It’s finally happen!!!! After years of buying retro games online from GameStop, probably thousands of game for flipping and padding the collection, I received a complete in box GameCube game!!! Wooooo!!! It was a copy of Zelda Windwaker. Came with the manual and the 3 extra pieces of paperwork. Wow... I honestly can’t believe it.
You have found the biggest glitch of all!

This is incorrect info. I realize you're just reading the terms, but multiple cags have reported it working on digital currency.

make sure all of them are ps4 / xb1 and exclude any DotD titles
Please don't spread misinformation. It doesn't help anyone. Just like the regular rewards cert, they work on console currency.
How is quoting the email Gamestop sent me (and attaching the email screenshot as proof) “spreading misinformation”? If it’s incorrect, then blame Gamestop, not me. Just going by what the terms say. At least Gospelman (above) had the decency to point this out instead of being a jerk.

If it’s incorrect, then blame Gamestop
Just can't take GS's promo "terms" too seriously. My favorite one was when they tried making the $5 PUR cert online (April?), everyone had a certificate that literally said "online only" and "valid in-store only."

I got one complete once, only once. It was prince of Persia the two thrones. Oh well.

DOTD for the Persona and Funko Pop no longer exist? I don't see it .

Its 5 bucks cheaper than just getting the Steelbook by itself so I want to go in store to return / rebuy to get a Funko and 5 bucks back aggh

DOTD for the Persona and Funko Pop no longer exist? I don't see it .
Its 5 bucks cheaper than just getting the Steelbook by itself so I want to go in store to return / rebuy to get a Funko and 5 bucks back aggh
There was only 1000 available, so it's probably gone by this point.

Just can't take GS's promo "terms" too seriously. My favorite one was when they tried making the $5 PUR cert online (April?), everyone had a certificate that literally said "online only" and "valid in-store only."
I guess so. GS does tend to not always be reliable as to what they say, but I think that goes for just about everything with them...as well shown on CAG. At least you were cool about it. What's the saying..."don't shoot the messenger"? Another CAG'er obviously didn't get the memo...lol.

Any good ideas for a $4 item to add to get to free shipping?
What console?

The below is for PS4 games between $3.98 and $5.00.

Code:
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/games/pre-owned?pmax=5.00&pmin=3.98&start=1&sz=256
Change "playstation-4" to "xbox-one" or "switch" depending on which console you're wanting to get a cheap filler game for.

Edit:
Used code block due to fucking cheapassgamer affiliate links messing it up if just copy/pasting link.

Gotta love when you get 4x 54.99 used PS4 games from the B2G2 “mistake-promo” from UPS.... 3 of them are scratched with shattered cases, so you bring them all with you to GS for an exchange and the new guy says he doesn’t have enough copies and offers either cash or credit. Obviously I say cash and he then rings up 4 $60 games new + tax and hands me a little over $250.

That’s what you call a glitch :)

Wound up at a store (only one in there ,yay) and used my $10 off on Persona 5 Royal, and $5 off that's expiring soon on Slay the Spire.

Gotta love when you get 4x 54.99 used PS4 games from UPS, 3 of them are scratched, so you bring them all with you to GS for an exchange and the new guy says he doesn’t have enough copies and offers either cash or credit. Obviously I say cash and he then rings up 4 $60 games new + tax and hands me a little over $250.

That’s what you call a glitch :)
Similar thing here. My brother did B2G1 on DS games from the sale the other day, total order was like $55 or so. Games came in today and 2 of them did not work, took those two to the store and the guy just gave him a refund equal to the total cost of the order...

Similar thing here. My brother did B2G1 on DS games from the sale the other day, total order was like $55 or so. Games came in today and 2 of them did not work, took those two to the store and the guy just gave him a refund equal to the total cost of the order...
Looks like someone here is a bit touchy and flagged my post.... Ahh well. They definitely took out the “free” shipping cost from the listed price on the invoice so that looks like a standard GS practice going forward. Maybe GS will jack up the free shipping price to promo out to $9.99 next :)

Edit: Actually did they increase the free shipping from $3.99 to $6.99 recently?!

Funny enough in our situation my brother said he wanted to exchange those games for working copies and the cashier said he didn't know how to do that. So he just gave a refund. I actually laughed out loud.

How do the Switch Online codes work? I mean, is there a way to see that it works without redeeming it now?
Pretty sure it works the same as Xbox and PlayStation. You enter the code, it shows what it is, then you can back out. It’s done through the eShop.

so, this isnt for pro members only? got all the way to the payment screen with 2 ps4 controllers for $30 each. not really interested in used controllers but i was trying to figure out when they would jack the price up, they never did. buy 2 get 1 free working without pro too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back