2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Manager of my home store was cool and let me have one. I don't post much on here and don't know how to link things

Why would I be upset? I’ll wait a few years for the ps5 pro and plenty of excellent gh games for 10-20$ new. In the meantime I’ll catch up on my backlog
I have already seen multiple articles with comments which are mostly negative. Primarily because it is a yearly sports game. Most everybody is thinking like you and will not purchase at launch if the games are $70. They will wait for the inevitable sale or price drop.

How does that work? Like if you use it in store you can use it a second time?

I feel kinda guilty for using these monthly coupons / holiday coupons / pur certs twice recently, but then I figured I probably missed out on using them twice for the first 5 months of the year.

I heard they would start offering cash for systems soon (and I assume smartphones)... so hopefully they might do it for the top weekly trades as well... :beer:

Hopefully no one bites on the B1G1 50%. That is a horrible "deal". +5 on $3+ is huge though, but i wont be back in town till Monday so hopefully everything stays. I've noticed they've bumped a ton of games up to $15 that were under $10 for months, which made their values go up to $3 or even $4. Hopefully they stay that way.

Also, I dont understand the guy that posts the early links or search bar terms. Hes tried posting the supposed dotd the week before a few times and they've never been correct.

Hopefully no one bites on the B1G1 50%. That is a horrible "deal". +5 on $3+ is huge though, but i wont be back in town till Monday so hopefully everything stays. I've noticed they've bumped a ton of games up to $15 that were under $10 for months, which made their values go up to $3 or even $4. Hopefully they stay that way.
buy 1 get 1 50% was actually a great deal the previous time for the large discounts on 1st party switch games and other odd ones that otherwise won't go down in price. If it functions the same as it did last time then it's far from a horrible deal. Ah this one only applies to last gen that's a pretty weak deal then.

the hell is going on between Fortnite and Sakura Wars of page 3 of the flyer?

Also I find it off how often Civ for Switch is wayyy cheaper than the PS4/X1, I assume it must not run well on there or something.

the hell is going on between Fortnite and Sakura Wars of page 3 of the flyer?

Also I find it off how often Civ for Switch is wayyy cheaper than the PS4/X1, I assume it must not run well on there or something.
the switch version came out a year before the ps4/xbone versions.

The page layout for individual games has changed slightly, though the inventory system online still doesn't work.

The current sales (b1g1 50%, 2g1, 5g3) will overrule the b2g2 when applicable. So, if you were wanting to do a b2g2 on last gen games, it won't work online during this sale (unless the coding changes).

I guess the question is if there is any chance of a trade bump later this week... a few prices dropped from yesterday what I noticed.  :oldman: But since most of the stuff I was planning to trade was $3-$6 mostly, I  guess it doesn't really matter  :cold:

The $10 off $50, 16% off code and $5 PUR code stack.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
I had a $10 off $60 but I could only use it in store. I was able to combine it with the B2G1 and $5 code. I got Langrisser I & II, Sega Genesis Classics, and Code Vein, all complete, for $55 + tax after coupons.

Is there proof somewhere about the $5 bonus for $3 trades? I don’t see it on the website or app, and I know sometimes these deals go live until Monday (for whatever reason). Might have something to trade in today, but might hold off if the deal isn’t running currently.

Is there proof somewhere about the $5 bonus for $3 trades? I don’t see it on the website or app, and I know sometimes these deals go live until Monday (for whatever reason). Might have something to trade in today, but might hold off if the deal isn’t running currently.
On the main page there's a link to "View the Flyer"
https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/Game%20Days%20Sale%20-%20Flyer%20-%20July%202020

But I'd also welcome confirmation from any EST cags who trade when stores open. I plan to trade in most of my Days of Play games today.

I'm assuming if a game doesn't show up in the app (despite it showing up for the other system) there is no tiv?

Samurai Shodown doesn't show up for the One but it does for the PS4 and Switch. 🤔

I'm assuming if a game doesn't show up in the app (despite it showing up for the other system) there is no tiv?

Samurai Shodown doesn't show up for the One but it does for the PS4 and Switch. 🤔
Correct. Means you cant trade in. A majority of the cheaper multiplatform games are more valuable on PS4 than on XB1 for some reason.

here is another great gamestop screw up, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe is on sale for $40, and its also part of the $30 top trade values. of course right now it shows at $13 base. and both ads run 5th to 11th, guess i'll be sending it to amazon.

Meanwhile I am still waiting on my xenoblade de to ship back from the buy 1 get 1 50% off in june.  Supposed to arrive by the 9th but given that it hasn't even shipped yet that's a bit worriesome. 

Can confirm +$5 works for the games over $3. Brought some $2.50 games just in case and it didn’t work. Time to track # of copies again! :)

Wonder if Gamepass is killing the trade in values of X1 game.
The digital sales probably aren't helping much. I am pretty much in the process of moving to digital on stuff I play or buying stuff to play. I still enjoy box art but prefer digital for stuff I play. Tempting to collect empty cases and digital copies.

Doesn't CAG16 only work on used games? I tried Iron Man VR and Clubhouse games both brand new and the code didn't work. I switched Clubhouse games with a used NHL 19 and it worked.
Right, but the games that are on sale have the used priced reflecting the sale price, so the switch games that are on sale that are in stock used are cheaper and cag16 stacks.

Also confirm the +5 bonus working. Thanks for checking 2.50 base not working.

I tried gta v for ps3, no bonus.
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think PS3 games are included in the promo. The ad only states PS4, XBOX ONE and Switch.

Edit: Nevermind. I see what you mean now. You were just testing it out. I'm sure a lot of people were wondering if it would work with previous gen games.

Gamestop dropped values for a lot of the $9.99 sale items and Grand Medieval and Genesis Alpha One are $2,75 now.
I tried a scan of PS4 $9.99 and under games. It kept crapping out and reverting to "all games", which slowed things down. I tried again, and got further (skipping scanned games). A 3rd time got some more titles, but it was fruitless. Once you load too many games into the webpage, things just go downhill. (but you need to do this to see the games on sale).

GS website simply sucks.

Overall, I got 2/3 of the way through the entire PS4 library (like 140 of 180 around $10) of $7.99-$9.99 games, zero of which had $3+ TIV.

Many that once were $3 TIV were converted to $2.50, as I saw. Convenient.

If someone finds new info, I'll openly applaud you!

/peace

Bit on the DOTD Sword and Shield guide for $7 to pickup and got the hardcover instead... score! I’m sure it’ll be outdated with the expansion soon but kids don’t care!

I always feel guilty trading in for hundreds of credit in a trip so always buy or pick something up. Usually they’re ready by the time I make the next stop in the GS circuit. Wish I stocked up some more on the “greatest hits” stuff but also didn’t want to risk having too many copies. Still have one Division 2 and more FFXVs than I care to admit... :)

You could have bought it online for in store pick up and if it was a used game you could have also used cag16.
I just checked right now, you’re right. Idk if it was showing not available for pick up or I just missed it. Guess I’m just not used to their site. If it’s bestbuy I usually see it lol. I’ll double check next time

So I went ahead and bought Iron Man VR and Yoshi's crafted world. Used my $10 off 30 and $15 rewards cert with CAG16 discount and it came out to $52.98 shipped. I was gonna get Travis Strikes Again but they only had the used version in stock which meant the season pass was most likely used so I got Yoshi instead. Great deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back