2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone comment on the quality of the Nerf Fortnite Legendary Supply Drop set (DOTD)?  Thinking of grabbing this for my kids.  Sold out online but In Stock at my local store and I can probably talk the manager into price matching online. 

All my trade ins got a $5 boost here in NYC. This a known promo?. I don’t see it advertised in the app or flyer. Was pleasantly surprised.

*just noticed that it was Mentioned by poster above.

Meanwhile I am still waiting on my xenoblade de to ship back from the buy 1 get 1 50% off in june. Supposed to arrive by the 9th but given that it hasn't even shipped yet that's a bit worriesome.
Ordered the last of us part II ps4 during this sale. Stuck on awaiting pick up for over a week. Finally contacted and they just said they're shipping another. Doubt they have these just sitting around but who knows. Your's sounds simular. Just email

just got back from going into a gamestop for the first time in probably 6 months. they denied someone trying to come in without a mask, this was in Kansas City, Missouri where masks are required everywhere. other than that everything went well, $5 bonus was added to everything i traded in. i was surprised about the limit of 5 people in the store, it is a small store but man that isnt much business, though when i went in only 1 other person was inside.

Found some games from the b4g8 deal that had high enough base. Looks like they raised some of the 9.99 games up to 14.99 at some point and those are mostly getting $4 base trade. I traded them in loose sleeves or gen cases and kept my artwork if I pick them up again later. Happy to get some xbox digital credit and nearly pay off a preorder with games I really don't care about or would rather have digital.

Been a while since I’ve done trades, I can’t remember - the +$5 bonus does not stack with the 20% bonus toward a pre order, right?
I believe the system will automatically (only) give you the "better" deal of the 2, so 20% or $5, whichever is greater. At least it worked that way at some point in the past.

I believe the system will automatically (only) give you the "better" deal of the 2, so 20% or $5, whichever is greater. At least it worked that way at some point in the past.
I traded 3 games toward Paper Mario and only the $5.00 bonus applied to each game plus 10% PUR. Base values were $5,$6, and $8.

In California? Didn't even realize they still weren't.
Most stores have only recently opened up for in store customers. And if cases keep gonna up, I wouldn’t be surprised if they close back up again. My local store hasn’t even bothered to reopen since they closed the day Animal Crossing and Doom came out.

just got back from going into a gamestop for the first time in probably 6 months. they denied someone trying to come in without a mask, this was in Kansas City, Missouri where masks are required everywhere. other than that everything went well, $5 bonus was added to everything i traded in. i was surprised about the limit of 5 people in the store, it is a small store but man that isnt much business, though when i went in only 1 other person was inside.
My store is in St. Louis County with the same ordinance but while the workers are wearing masks and gloves, they aren't forcing others to wear masks.

here is another great gamestop screw up, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe is on sale for $40, and its also part of the $30 top trade values. of course right now it shows at $13 base. and both ads run 5th to 11th, guess i'll be sending it to amazon.
Sometimes it has taken until Monday or Tuesday for the top trade value games to update.

Pretty shocked nyc is allowing trades, still nothing in California.
Fake news. Stores in my county were among the last to open and were taking trades/returns/exchanges day one. Unless they re-shut down due to the new lockdown (which I'm 99.9% sure they didn't) they're taking trades

Fake news. Stores in my county were among the last to open and were taking trades/returns/exchanges day one. Unless they re-shut down due to the new lockdown (which I'm 99.9% sure they didn't) they're taking trades
I'm pretty sure CA paused or shut down some counties with rising COVID cases... so it might be open for you but not others. Not sure though, I'm in IL where nothing makes sense and our state will be bankrupt soon. :)

Hmm there isn’t a used final fantasy 7 at the 50 closest stores to me, that seems odd if they’ve been taking trade ins. I would call but the store is closed.

can anyone confirm a store in LA or OC has taken a trade in?

Hmm there isn’t a used final fantasy 7 at the 50 closest stores to me, that seems odd if they’ve been taking trade ins. I would call but the store is closed.

can anyone confirm a store in LA or OC has taken a trade in?
Inventory is currently -1 online. So unless a store has 2+, it won't show as available

Looks like the website is switching to the new layout, I like it! Hopefully the inventory stuff gets sorted out. 

My store is in St. Louis County with the same ordinance but while the workers are wearing masks and gloves, they aren't forcing others to wear masks.
Here in Texas, the GS I went to today was very well run. Everyone required to have masks and they had floor spots marked off every six feet where you had to stand in line. Our area has been hit very hard by the virus, so I get it.

It's just after 11 Pacific time, and the $10 off ___ coupon is now missing from my offers....

I ALMOST put together an online order to use it, too.

One of only 2 nearby stores (not counting the mall location that I am surprised is open) closed. I figured it was going to happen since I went by Friday and they weren't open but the store hours were still listed on the website until today. I just hope it was because the manager decided they didn't want to risk him and his employees getting sick and not because someone actually did get sick. Manager at my main store hasn't bothered opening back up since March because of the risk and the fact she is making more money to stay home (though, they did get someone to take over for about a week before they decided it wasn't worth it). The only bummer is, I have like $400 tied up in pre-orders at the store, and it is store credit, so I can't just file a dispute with my credit card company to get the money back.

Anybody else experiencing issues with trying to save trade values in the app or online?  I know the website has been a crapshoot for a while, but this is getting crazy! Trying to figure out if the juice is worth the squeeze...

Off topic but if you guys are returning anything bought from the website in (especially if your in CA) it's better to do it soon than having to wait for another close down. Governor Newsom ordered Second Shutdown of Restaurants and Indoor Businesses amid COVID-1.

Okay so I got my Langrisser 1&2 for the Switch today and it’s... not “New” condition. It had no plastic wrap and looked clearly like a used copy. Never mind the fact I still haven’t gotten my B1 new G1 used half off order. It’s been “shipped” for over a week and nothing. The tracking doesn’t even come as valid. 

Is this normal behavior for GameStop? 

Okay so I got my Langrisser 1&2 for the Switch today and it’s... not “New” condition. It had no plastic wrap and looked clearly like a used copy. Never mind the fact I still haven’t gotten my B1 new G1 used half off order. It’s been “shipped” for over a week and nothing. The tracking doesn’t even come as valid.

lol yes. First time buying new from GS?

Your order was fulfilled by a store and they sent you their only copy. When a store only has 1 copy, they open it so they can put the empty case on the shelf.

We all hate this practice.

Not my first time, probably like my dozenth time but first time receiving something that’s not actually as advertised. It’s got the original art and case, which I’m happy about at least. It looks kinda grimy and I’m not taking it out of the bubble mailer until I can properly sanitize it later. I ain’t taking no risks. 

Not my first time, probably like my dozenth time but first time receiving something that’s not actually as advertised. It’s got the original art and case, which I’m happy about at least. It looks kinda grimy and I’m not taking it out of the bubble mailer until I can properly sanitize it later. I ain’t taking no risks.
You can always return it to a local store if they have a sealed copy and swap it.

The Quality Control when receiving orders shipped from stores is so incredibly variable it's absurd. As you're implying it certainly could be a used game (actual used, not just "gamestop new") that they sent you, or one that got all mucked up while sitting on the shelf. Hell, I've seen plenty of disc-only games being sold as new, which of course is hilarious.

Because they aren't actually interacting with customers face to face, employees seem to care far less with online orders. Some stores are great, but there are plenty that leave a lot of room to improve.

The Quality Control when receiving orders shipped from stores is so incredibly variable it's absurd. As you're implying it certainly could be a used game (actual used, not just "gamestop new") that they sent you, or one that got all mucked up while sitting on the shelf. Hell, I've seen plenty of disc-only games being sold as new, which of course is hilarious.

Because they aren't actually interacting with customers face to face, employees seem to care far less with online orders. Some stores are great, but there are plenty that leave a lot of room to improve.
This is basically how it goes. They get told to "fulfill" something and that's it. They know (AFAIK) that the customer can't track the shipment to the store and no one at GS is going to take the time to do it, so basically no repercussions if they send the wrong thing

I ordered one of those PS4 Japanese RTS games under $10 games for the B5G8 because I ran out of stuff to buy. Got sent the right series but wrong game, and I'm assuming the employee saw a Japanese game on the order info and frantically looked for the first Japanese game with a similar name on the shelf that they could find and packed it.

Well first time going in to Gamestop since March to trade in my games. When I get there they tell me to wait outside because of the 5 person limit rule. I'm like cool, gotta keep everybody safe (even though its a large store that can hold at least 20 people with extra space). I look in and see one girl shopping for shirts and a couple with 2 small kids of course browsing the shirts. I'm like wtf, meanwhile a crowd of like 20 people is forming behind me. Luckily I get in quickly and trade my stuff in.

Then I try to cancel a preorder but the manager says that I need a receipt. I told her its trade credit but she said she still needs the receipt. I've   cancelled preorders before with no receipt and they just gave me trade credit regardless of what method I paid. I'm assuming this was her making stuff up again, or is it a new policy?

They have 0 QC for stuff. I've received new Switch games without the download code cards (when half the collection of games are downloads), wrong games, missing games, empty cases, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back