2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just in GS and the SL was telling people that they are only getting enough copies of upcoming games to cover preorders. Apparently they will not be getting extra copies of even big releases like Cyberpunk, Valhalla, etc.

I was just in GS and the SL was telling people that they are only getting enough copies of upcoming games to cover preorders. Apparently they will not be getting extra copies of even big releases like Cyberpunk, Valhalla, etc.
That's because they can close down any store at anytime, so they need limited inventory.

One store told me they only had copies for Ironman VR in stock if I pre-ordered it. My local store though had plenty of copies for sale.

You can always return it to a local store if they have a sealed copy and swap it.
I really, really don’t like the idea of going out for this sort of thing. Being in Florida and someone with issues, I try to only go out for essential business. I guess I’m SOL but at least I learned a valuable lesson about GameStop.

Just be happy they gave you what you asked for. I ordered gran turimso sport on the ps4 from when they had the days of play sale. They sent me project highrise architect edition on the switch instead.

Have they done away with preowned certificates??

Can’t find any
Come to think of it, they haven't had pre-owned certs since the stores closed back in March (correct me if I'm wrong). Since they reopened, they didn't bother to put them back.

The Quality Control when receiving orders shipped from stores is so incredibly variable it's absurd. As you're implying it certainly could be a used game (actual used, not just "gamestop new") that they sent you, or one that got all mucked up while sitting on the shelf. Hell, I've seen plenty of disc-only games being sold as new, which of course is hilarious.

Because they aren't actually interacting with customers face to face, employees seem to care far less with online orders. Some stores are great, but there are plenty that leave a lot of room to improve.
The anonymity fades if you use online tracking (either UPS, USPS, or that hybrid between the two).

It shows the city / ZIP origination. This would be a problem if multiple locations shared the same City / ZIP, but anecdotally, those that actually ship, don't seem to be congested.

Feedback can be given, as necessary. Search for the GS in that City / ZIP.

Do we know when the offer ends?
Probably July 11th? As the Ad states all offers valid from July 5th - 11th. Found a lot of rpgs at my local store but was rushing out as its a 5 person capacity in some stores in NYC and I saw people lining up. Didn't get to ask if that buy 5 get 3 free deal is in store too, anyone know? I assume not

Hmm there isn’t a used final fantasy 7 at the 50 closest stores to me, that seems odd if they’ve been taking trade ins. I would call but the store is closed.

can anyone confirm a store in LA or OC has taken a trade in?
I traded copies of Final Fantasy VII, Langrisser, and Sakura Wars. So yes, they are taking trade-ins. Seems like stores with only 1 copy, they are not listed on the website. They even took Walking Dead Final Season even though it's totally off their website.

Probably July 11th? As the Ad states all offers valid from July 5th - 11th. Found a lot of rpgs at my local store but was rushing out as its a 5 person capacity in some stores in NYC and I saw people lining up. Didn't get to ask if that buy 5 get 3 free deal is in store too, anyone know? I assume not
I think I saw the signage while in the store at the nearby mall today. Don't quote me on that though because I'm not entirely sure.

I traded copies of Final Fantasy VII, Langrisser, and Sakura Wars. So yes, they are taking trade-ins. Seems like stores with only 1 copy, they are not listed on the website. They even took Walking Dead Final Season even though it's totally off their website.
Yes, I was able to complete a trade painlessly today, thank you.

Goddamn dude, wish I knew, would’ve totally bought all 3 of those games from you for well above GameStop’s + $5 price

One store told me they only had copies for Ironman VR in stock if I pre-ordered it. My local store though had plenty of copies for sale.
I was the only preorder at my store for Wonderful 101 on either system (even though there are segments and ads non-stop for it on GameStop TV,) and that was the only copy they received. They told me they had no preorders for Catherine Switch and got 1 copy.

Well first time going in to Gamestop since March to trade in my games. When I get there they tell me to wait outside because of the 5 person limit rule. I'm like cool, gotta keep everybody safe (even though its a large store that can hold at least 20 people with extra space). I look in and see one girl shopping for shirts and a couple with 2 small kids of course browsing the shirts. I'm like wtf, meanwhile a crowd of like 20 people is forming behind me. Luckily I get in quickly and trade my stuff in.

Then I try to cancel a preorder but the manager says that I need a receipt. I told her its trade credit but she said she still needs the receipt. I've cancelled preorders before with no receipt and they just gave me trade credit regardless of what method I paid. I'm assuming this was her making stuff up again, or is it a new policy?
She's making stuff up and doesn't want to take a cancel b/c it's super hard right now for them to get preorders b/c no one going in wants to preorder anything except the new consoles, which can't be done yet.

This, for sure. For example, employee at my GS told me if I don't pre-order "Ghost of Tsushima", chances are they won't have any extra copies, at least not right away. Not sure if that's just one of their tactics to encourage you to pre-order or not but this seems to vary from store to store. With TLOU2, I know some stores only got their pre-orders and some got quite a few extra.

This, for sure. For example, employee at my GS told me if I don't pre-order "Ghost of Tsushima", chances are they won't have any extra copies, at least not right away. Not sure if that's just one of their tactics to encourage you to pre-order or not but this seems to vary from store to store. With TLOU2, I know some stores only got their pre-orders and some got quite a few extra.
This makes sense from a standpoint of trying to cut down on having any extra unsold inventory on current gen. It may be a strategy to horde capital to weather the recession and with the virus here for the long haul, a more digital storefront future.

Sadly, if stocking inventory on retail space/shelves isn't a long term goal (again, makes sense), it also means big rounds of more and more store closings and layoffs are incoming.

Don't believe them. Niche titles like Catherine, sure...but not AAA games. The several copies of Last of Us 2 sitting on the shelf since release say otherwise. If you are desperate to buy it new from GS, just order it online.

It’s GameStop just order from somewhere else. He could be bs’ing you but at the same time ur store could have a lot of pre orders and it depends on which edition ur getting.

If you’re getting standard edition there should be plenty. Look at last of us. I think they’re trying to make as much as possible cuz of covid. Special edition and collectors edition should be a bit rare. Should still be able to find collectors editions if you look really hard since it’s not a cheap one lol

Don't believe them. Niche titles like Catherine, sure...but not AAA games. The several copies of Last of Us 2 sitting on the shelf since release say otherwise. If you are desperate to buy it new from GS, just order it online.
The store I shop at only has 2 copies left for sale with both being preorders not picked up (1 $60 version & 1 $80 version.)

Maybe different game production/distribution climate now, but FFVII was pretty sparse for a while.

Video game stores should not have to threaten you to preorder stuff, if you want to get it, unless gamestop stands for "we've stopped selling games because they were taking up valuable room for Funko pops."

I would call the store but I have more faith in getting the correct information here than from an actual employee.  When trading in a PS4 you need the system, power cord, hdmi, controller and controller cord?  It is best to format the system and get it back to the point where you can login as the generic User 1 account?

Thanks in advance.

👆yes. You do not need the wired earbud. Everything else is needed that you mentioned. I Reset to factory settings before trading it.

in PA here - just flipped a handful of ps4/x1 games that i've been sitting on since march. all got the $5 bump, if you need ideas:

Dead Rising HD (X1), Dead Rising 2 HD (X1), Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4), The Order: 1886 (PS4), Guardians of the Galaxy: Telltale (X1)

these were $9.99 when i got them during the B2G2 deal but have since gone up to $14.99

Here's my order of 3 of the 500 million dualshocks:

first off, there's only two of them, one of them has the touch pad scratched to hell, the other has replacement sticks:

bgyqCCT.jpg

X2T6h0z.jpg

KecgIuf.jpg

welp

I would call the store but I have more faith in getting the correct information here than from an actual employee. When trading in a PS4 you need the system, power cord, hdmi, controller and controller cord? It is best to format the system and get it back to the point where you can login as the generic User 1 account?

Thanks in advance.
They have a formatting procedure they have to do when they accept the trade. It won't save you time but to be sure it's wiped properly, I'd format it beforehand

my order of 3 of the 500 million dualshocks
Those sticks are rough. I guess I should be thankful for getting three. One of mine came pretty close to the scratched touchpad one. The other two were in better cosmetic condition but one of them has slight drift on R stick. Feels like a waste to return the drifting one for a $29 refund but I guess that will end up happening.

I've had to try to explain a missing item in a shipment to GS's phone CS line before. Painful.

Here's my order of 3 of the 500 million dualshocks:

first off, there's only two of them, one of them has the touch pad scratched to hell, the other has replacement sticks:

bgyqCCT.jpg

X2T6h0z.jpg

KecgIuf.jpg

welp
You could try calling, but in all honesty, I’ve called about missing items before and was told someone would get back to me.. they never did. I literally spent a month calling twice a week only to be told the same thing over and over. I still haven’t received a refund or replacement item and it’s a year later lol.

Your best bet would be to dispute through your credit card.

Employee working said GameStop has forced all stores to open as of this week. Doubt it but she is the manager of the store I was in.

Now on Day 14 of waiting for my Last Of Us PS4 Pro that's been awaiting pick up for this entire time... I actually got another response in 24 hours that says we messed up, we're shipping another, could be 10-15 days.

I feel that I will now check every day for 10-15 days before having to ask for a refund, but who knows.

Now on Day 14 of waiting for my Last Of Us PS4 Pro that's been awaiting pick up for this entire time... I actually got another response in 24 hours that says we messed up, we're shipping another, could be 10-15 days.

I feel that I will now check every day for 10-15 days before having to ask for a refund, but who knows.
At least I'm not the only one with CS issues (still). I called about my lost item Thursday and was told they need to investigate and I'd get a response yesterday. Still nothing. Not sure what they're investigating because the UPS tracking says item was lost/damaged in transit that that GS has been notified. Getting the feeling I'm SOL just like during the BF sales issues.

I would call the store but I have more faith in getting the correct information here than from an actual employee. When trading in a PS4 you need the system, power cord, hdmi, controller and controller cord? It is best to format the system and get it back to the point where you can login as the generic User 1 account?

Thanks in advance.
As far as trading in... Watch for the $xx amount to reformat system... Yes you can do it yourself they still charge to you.

I called CS and said I wasn't informed of the charge and they sent me a $50 store card..

Really wasn't worth the hassle..sell it online

Okay so I got my Langrisser 1&2 for the Switch today and it’s... not “New” condition. It had no plastic wrap and looked clearly like a used copy. Never mind the fact I still haven’t gotten my B1 new G1 used half off order. It’s been “shipped” for over a week and nothing. The tracking doesn’t even come as valid.

Is this normal behavior for GameStop?
I ordered Minecraft for Switch New.. All I got was the cartridge in a CD paper thing.. Called GS and they refunded my money and I still have the game...too bad I hate Minecraft (bought for nephew only reason I wanted the case.. ordered new from Target)

There seems to be a problem with State Of Decay 2 and the +5 bump for those who planned to trade that in. Has $5 base but the two different stores I tried trading it at did not auto bump it up to $10, so it sounds like a system thing. Not sure if there are other games with this problem but it's the only one I've had trouble with.

Okay so I got my Langrisser 1&2 for the Switch today and it’s... not “New” condition. It had no plastic wrap and looked clearly like a used copy. Never mind the fact I still haven’t gotten my B1 new G1 used half off order. It’s been “shipped” for over a week and nothing. The tracking doesn’t even come as valid.

Is this normal behavior for GameStop?
Must have missed the boat on this game because I've never heard about it until now. The limited edition has a very Working Designs feel to it (not sure how to describe it, but it reminds me of Growlanser Generations for the PS2). Now I kinda want it and ebay prices are spiked like crazy. fuck

Is there something special about the 500 million dualshock controllers? They just look like blue controllers to me
You can sell them on ebay for $$$$.

There seems to be a problem with State Of Decay 2 and the +5 bump for those who planned to trade that in. Has $5 base but the two different stores I tried trading it at did not auto bump it up to $10, so it sounds like a system thing. Not sure if there are other games with this problem but it's the only one I've had trouble with.
I had problems all year with the "exact" trade value promised by GS's app / website.

In early Spring, there were discrepancies, sometimes Wii / DS / PS3. Not often, but enough for me to remember. Here and there, just random titles.

The encounter that stands out the most was around February, when I brought a box of GameCube titles in. None of which were desirable, to me, but, whatever. PriceCHarting had them @ $10 .. GS offered $3-$5 each, plus the $5 bonus, so $8-$10 credit each. I was OK with that in a heartbeat. No effort.

When I got to the counter, an occasional game was not found in GS's system when I tried to trade them in. I showed my phone with the "guaranteed" price, and the employee merely said that GS-online and their store are different entities. Person working there refused to accept / adjust price. Weird response, aye?

I went to another store with the remaining titles .. no dice, same BS. GS's computers came up saying invalid title, even though, I once again showed them the online promise. They would not accept those games either.

The vast majority they did take. Just not everything.

I'm not complaining, just sharing a memory. I honestly would have made less (or lost money) if I sold them online. The remaining games, went to a Mom&PoP shop, and covered lunch.

Must have missed the boat on this game because I've never heard about it until now. The limited edition has a very Working Designs feel to it (not sure how to describe it, but it reminds me of Growlanser Generations for the PS2). Now I kinda want it and ebay prices are spiked like crazy. fuck

You can sell them on ebay for $$$$.
The original artist is the same as the one in growlanser and the remakes try to imitate the style.

I traded one in yesterday. Didn't get the bump and I asked about it. It was a store leader and he seemed to take it really seriously and took down the info to email corporate about it not working so maybe they will fix it.

As far as trading in... Watch for the $xx amount to reformat system... Yes you can do it yourself they still charge to you.

I called CS and said I wasn't informed of the charge and they sent me a $50 store card..

Really wasn't worth the hassle..sell it online
what are you talking about? ive seen $1 charge to reformat phones and tables, but never for a console. are you sure you weren't charged a refurbish fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back