2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
GameStop shipped my two games today via USPS. This means that they are likely shipping in a soft envelope and they can just put it in the mailbox correct? I might have to be out of town until Friday and not sure how long it's going to take for them to get to me. I would prefer them not leaving a box on my front doorstep. If that's the case I can always ask a neighbor to watch out for them. The way the mail is going though I probably won't get them until Monday at the earliest.

I thought it was updated by another artist, but the original remain?
That's why I said the remakes try to imitate the style. The original artist of both series Urushihara sp? or something like that art is what the new ones based the cover art on. Or at least that's what I heard. It's close to his style but more generic anime. art by Ar Tonelico artist Ryo Nagi for the remakes according to the internet.

Anywho my xenoblade arrived today and shockingly without ever saying it shipped. So that's impressive. It also even more shockingly came sealed.

GameStop shipped my two games today via USPS. This means that they are likely shipping in a soft envelope and they can just put it in the mailbox correct? I might have to be out of town until Friday and not sure how long it's going to take for them to get to me. I would prefer them not leaving a box on my front doorstep. If that's the case I can always ask a neighbor to watch out for them. The way the mail is going though I probably won't get them until Monday at the earliest.
I'm still waiting on a few orders from the B2G2 glitch (all retro titles) that were shipped USPS. USPS is way too slow to get them to you by the end of the week. IME they always leave them in the mailbox.

I'm still waiting on a few orders from the B2G2 glitch (all retro titles) that were shipped USPS. USPS is way too slow to get them to you by the end of the week. IME they always leave them in the mailbox.
I always ship stuff via the free shipping, and the times it ends up in UPS/USPS Mail Innovations it always seems to take an extra week for the handoff or something. A few of my packages been stuck in TX for a few days. Hate to have to pay the extra shipping just to avoid USPS, but might end up paying that tax someday.

Interestingly enough I've started seeing some packages from Gamestop ship via FedEx. Their email notification is faster than GS's heh

This was probably mentioned already, but if not, the $5 extra and 20% extra don't stack.

Anything that didn't apply the $5 did apply the 20% within the same transaction though.

I was going to cash out my points, but on the certificate page they show up as sold out. Wtf! Damn GameStop - always something

I was going to cash out my points, but on the certificate page they show up as sold out. Wtf! Damn GameStop - always something
check the rewards via mobile or desktop web browser. when i've checked the app is always "sold out" (of in-house digital codes?) but there are some in stock on browser

check the rewards via mobile or desktop web browser. when i've checked the app is always "sold out" (of in-house digital codes?) but there are some in stock on browser
Will do. Can I use the certificate online or does it have to be in-store?

Thank you for your help!

Will do. Can I use the certificate online or does it have to be in-store?

Thank you for your help!
On browser there are seperate certs for instore or online-only. Just be sure to buy the correct one for what you plan to do. I personally never buy online certs because they sometimes work, sometimes do not. And I refuse to deal with their abysmal CS line if I have any choice in the matter.

On browser there are seperate certs for instore or online-only. Just be sure to buy the correct one for what you plan to do. I personally never buy online certs because they sometimes work, sometimes do not. And I refuse to deal with their abysmal CS line if I have any choice in the matter.
I did not know this and it is good to know. Thank you!

They have a formatting procedure they have to do when they accept the trade. It won't save you time but to be sure it's wiped properly, I'd format it beforehand
On a PS4 I agree. On an XBox it's a PIA. If you wipe the XBox they will ask you to log into it anyway. They need an account on there to test it. PS4 allows guest. XBox doesn't. Last time I traded an XBox One X it was such a PIA. First store had some POS little touch screen that was so jacked up I couldn't see on screen keyboard. They didn't have a working keyboard so I took it to another GS which had working equipment. She claimed they have to hold onto it for 7 days due to pawn laws (which is fairly new 1+ year in my county). She promised she would wipe it then. I was like whatever. Went home reset my XBox Password and made sure the console wasn't associated with my account.

PS4 take longer to wipe in my experience especially if you choose the through option. But they can easily test it with a guest login.

And the online code doesn't work. Wtf. Hahahaha

Who knew that the best flips of the year would be to buy from Gamestop online then return in store? Karma I guess for sending soooo many current gen games as disc/cartridge only, even on NEW games, I mean WTF, disc in a sleeve for a new game, cant get any worse than that.

Who knew that the best flips of the year would be to buy from Gamestop online then return in store? Karma I guess for sending soooo many current gen games as disc/cartridge only, even on NEW games, I mean WTF, disc in a sleeve for a new game, cant get any worse than that.
That didnt last too long. The receipt for my online order now matches my order price. Before it showed the prices before the promo and i got back cash in full. GS finally smartened.

That didnt last too long. The receipt for my online order now matches my order price. Before it showed the prices before the promo and i got back cash in full. GS finally smartened.
Warehouse slips will show accurate pricing. Store slips will not and those are the ones to return since you’ll get more money than you originally paid.

Great. Now that that's been settled, let's move on to some other topics of conversation. Because you know what'll happen if we don't.

Received a "new" copy of a game, with one of those circular stickers retaining it's "new" condition. To top it off, the game was missing inside the case. So ridiculous it made me laugh

Must have missed the boat on this game because I've never heard about it until now. The limited edition has a very Working Designs feel to it (not sure how to describe it, but it reminds me of Growlanser Generations for the PS2). Now I kinda want it and ebay prices are spiked like crazy. fuck

You can sell them on ebay for $$$$.
I never get NISA CEs on value. I bought a ton of their CEs from last gen and they're almost all worthless.. but it seems like every other CE this gen shoots up crazy prices. I don't get why this one did, the games aren't that good from the reviews and even the demo.

$5 monthly worked for me yesterday online, but it was a BOPIS.

My orders that are fulfilled from store are still showing full price also. I saw some older retro games come in stock that were VERY cheap so I ordered a new $30 game to get free shipping and will return it. Forgot about it not being g actual free shipping so by the time I return the game see with the reduced price due to shipping, it'll literally come out the same as if I just paid for shipping since the order came from the warehouse lol. Lesson learned.

I can also (essentially) confirm there is no such thing as a return limit. I've returned quite a few games, and gotten back double what I paid for them too :)

Also, trading limits are 4 of the same title in a month, right? Somehow ended up with 3 sea of thieves copies during the sales and already traded in 2. Want to make sure I'm good for the 3rd.

Off hand, I used my monthly $5 Pro cert on a game in store yesterday, but had entered it when I had a few games in my cart (just messing around with options). To my surprise (along with the fact that it's no longer listed under Active Offers), I was still able to use it on a purchase this morning. I know this was working the opposite way before, since I used the $5 code online last month, then picked up a game when my local store finally re-opened.

Not sure how long this type of deal will be valid, but might just an FYI/YMMV situation I guess.

I never get NISA CEs on value. I bought a ton of their CEs from last gen and they're almost all worthless.. but it seems like every other CE this gen shoots up crazy prices. I don't get why this one did, the games aren't that good from the reviews and even the demo.
It's funny because the Culdcept CE hasn't spiked and that might be the best game they've ever published.

Received a "new" copy of a game, with one of those circular stickers retaining it's "new" condition. To top it off, the game was missing inside the case. So ridiculous it made me laugh
I bought two hoping to get one sealed copy but they both came like that. I will make sure to open them tonight.

Anyone run into an issue where their order made during the Pro Days sale hasn't shipped yet? I ordered a XBox One controller for $30 on 07/01 and got an email that the order had shipped, but when I check the order status their website it says it hasn't shipped yet and has a delivery date that had been pushed back from 07/15 to 07/17 as of just now. USPS tracking shows the package hasn't even been picked up yet. I reached out to customer support via email but they said the 5-10 day shipping was selected when I placed the order (my order confirmation clearly says 4-7 days) and there was nothing they could do. Filed a complaint with BBB after they stopped responding to my emails.

Anyone run into an issue where their order made during the Pro Days sale hasn't shipped yet? I ordered a XBox One controller for $30 on 07/01 and got an email that the order had shipped, but when I check the order status their website it says it hasn't shipped yet and has a delivery date that had been pushed back from 07/15 to 07/17 as of just now. USPS tracking shows the package hasn't even been picked up yet. I reached out to customer support via email but they said the 5-10 day shipping was selected when I placed the order (my order confirmation clearly says 4-7 days) and there was nothing they could do. Filed a complaint with BBB after they stopped responding to my emails.
Yes that's completely normal when they ship via USPS. It usually takes up to two weeks for them to get the package and update the tracking info.

On a side note, another local GS I frequented has randomly shut down. Dont know why at all for this one, but it's pretty crazy that corporate is allowing random stores just to simply shut down.

Same thing here with B2G2 I ordered 2x Smash Melee, and 2x Ocarina of Time. Order says they shipped but nothing has updated in tracking, just says shipping label printed or whatever.

Same thing here with B2G2 I ordered 2x Smash Melee, and 2x Ocarina of Time. Order says they shipped but nothing has updated in tracking, just says shipping label printed or whatever.
Still the same on my PS4 Pro. UPS awaiting pick up since 6/25, was to be delivered 7/1. Lol.

I have an order that I placed on 6/12 or so that still hadn't shipped.  It was stuck at "Just Shipped" with no change until Monday when it was changed to "Awaiting Carrier Pickup".  I emailed them yesterday about it.  They offered either a replacement or a refund.  I opted for a refund this morning but haven't heard back yet.  I'm not super concerned about the order itself, it was mostly impulse purchases I'll likely never get around to.

The package shipped via USPS but thanks for the lame and weak personal attack.
Maybe you should read the whole post before commenting. You look foolish otherwise.
That’s how UPS mail innovations works... UPS picks it up and delivers it to USPS. Tracking on USPS will stay as awaiting pickup until they get it. Doesn’t matter if the GS link says it’s shipped USPS.

I’ll let you try it and wait for an apology.

The package shipped via USPS but thanks for the lame and weak personal attack.
In the email it shows that it was shipped via USPS, in all likelihood it was initially shipped via UPS Mail Innovations. I had an order back in early May that I had the same problem with as far as shipment and tracking. It took me over two weeks to finally get a clue and check the tracking number through UPS MI.

Use this link to track it: https://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/

On a side note, another local GS I frequented has randomly shut down. Dont know why at all for this one, but it's pretty crazy that corporate is allowing random stores just to simply shut down.
It's not that crazy. Corporate isn't allowing them to shut down - no one wants to risk covid or have irate customers flip out after being asked to wear a mask for minimum wage, which is still $7.75 in some states.

Did you contact GameStop yet? A controller is one thing but your paid good money for that PS4 Pro.
Yeah. Got back in 24 hours and said give them two - three weeks for a replacement. We shall see. Sorry you're dealing with this crap as well.

That’s how UPS mail innovations works... UPS picks it up and delivers it to USPS. Tracking on USPS will stay as awaiting pickup until they get it. Doesn’t matter if the GS link says it’s shipped USPS.

Lol why would I apologize to someone that thinks only UPS handles USPS packages. FedEx does as well. Didn’t see you telling him to check there as well. But you continue to think you’re smarter than everyone else.

In the email it shows that it was shipped via USPS, in all likelihood it was initially shipped via UPS Mail Innovations. I had an order back in early May that I had the same problem with as far as shipment and tracking. It took me over two weeks to finally get a clue and check the tracking number through UPS MI.

Use this link to track it: https://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/
No info on package.

You'll be waiting awhile for that apology as it didn't work. You can imagine how surprised I am. It's like you have no idea what you are talking about because this might not be the same issue you've had before.

I dunno either, but I love the style of those old Working Design CEs. I think it's the character art they put on the CDs that looks like it came straight from them. I bought the standard edition since it's on clearance and will probably pick up the extras at some point.

No info on package.

You'll be waiting awhile for that apology as it didn't work. You can imagine how surprised I am. It's like you have no idea what you are talking about because this might not be the same issue you've have before.
As aircobra suggested you can also try the tracking number on FedEx. Maybe try DHL eCommerce also just to be safe. If nothing comes up on those two, then the long wait with USPS begins.

Damn I was wondering what $10 off coupon everyone was talking about, I've been extremely out of the loop on these forums/Gamestop in general and thought it was some other kind of coupon, didn't know you guys were talking about the PUR ones you can redeem.  Should have used mine on Yakuza Remastered while I had the chance. 

Damn I was wondering what $10 off coupon everyone was talking about, I've been extremely out of the loop on these forums/Gamestop in general and thought it was some other kind of coupon, didn't know you guys were talking about the PUR ones you can redeem. Should have used mine on Yakuza Remastered while I had the chance.
GS gave all reward members $10 off a $30, $50, or $60 purchase last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back