2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no they didn’t. I’ve been a member forever and didn’t get jackshit.
Maybe not all but at least 75% of members. I got a $10 off $60 and bought $70 of XBox currency to buy the MVP edition of Madden.

Edit: And I buy 90% of my physical games at GameStop so low frequency wasn't what triggered a code.

Maybe not all but at least 75% of members. I got a $10 off $60 and bought $70 of XBox currency to buy the MVP edition of Madden.

Edit: And I buy 90% of my physical games at GameStop so low frequency wasn't what triggered a code.
Ah ok. Damn I thought it was based on trying to get you back into the store.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I've purchased quite a bit from GS and didn't get anything. There didn't seem to be any type of logic as to who got one and who didn't...

The only outliers with my account is that I've been a PUR+ member for a long ass time (dating back to 2011, possibly earlier) and I'm sitting a lot of points (160K-ish).

I've purchased quite a bit from GS and didn't get anything. There didn't seem to be any type of logic as to who got one and who didn't...

The only outliers with my account is that I've been a PUR+ member for a long ass time (dating back to 2011, possibly earlier) and I'm sitting a lot of points (160K-ish).
I've been a member since 2010 (STL was a test market for PUR) and have 90k points. Meanwhile my friend in Chicago that's hadn't made a purchase in store since Nov. also got a coupon. Sorry I thought everyone got one, it seemed like from the comments here last week everyone got one.

I never get NISA CEs on value. I bought a ton of their CEs from last gen and they're almost all worthless.. but it seems like every other CE this gen shoots up crazy prices. I don't get why this one did, the games aren't that good from the reviews and even the demo.
They are doing lower prints than they used to so stuff is going out of stock and print faster for some games.

The hdn ces for the vita exploded in price though so I can only assume you missed those.

As aircobra suggested you can also try the tracking number on FedEx. Maybe try DHL eCommerce also just to be safe. If nothing comes up on those two, then the long wait with USPS begins.
FedEx came up with nothing too. I'm just screwed. I'm calling them tomorrow to complain.

GameStop shipped my two games today via USPS. This means that they are likely shipping in a soft envelope and they can just put it in the mailbox correct? I might have to be out of town until Friday and not sure how long it's going to take for them to get to me. I would prefer them not leaving a box on my front doorstep. If that's the case I can always ask a neighbor to watch out for them. The way the mail is going though I probably won't get them until Monday at the earliest.
Maybe not. I finally received my Pokemon emerald GBA game from the 50% off sale and it shipped USPS with no other items in a medium size box (probably 6x4x12).

I've been a member since 2010 (STL was a test market for PUR) and have 90k points. Meanwhile my friend in Chicago that's hadn't made a purchase in store since Nov. also got a coupon. Sorry I thought everyone got one, it seemed like from the comments here last week everyone got one.
I didn't get one either and I shop there relatively frequently

Mind blowing that this many people don't know how GS shipping works. As I said, if it ships via USPS, its 10 days MINIMUM before you get your order. Once they check it in, they usually get it to you the next day. That's a MINIMUM of 9 days before your tracking is updated, but it can also be anywhere from 9-12 or so days, and I've had it up to 18 days during this time period. Relax. That's what you get when you buy from GS.

UPS is better, but is also usually at least a 7 day wait time unless your order is shipped same state or you choose a faster shipping method. It should always say what carrier is taking it at the bottom of your GS tracking order number.

Also, everyone should know by now never to trust the delivery date.

Mind blowing that this many people don't know how GS shipping works. As I said, if it ships via USPS, its 10 days MINIMUM before you get your order. Once they check it in, they usually get it to you the next day. That's a MINIMUM of 9 days before your tracking is updated, but it can also be anywhere from 9-12 or so days, and I've had it up to 18 days during this time period. Relax. That's what you get when you buy from GS.

UPS is better, but is also usually at least a 7 day wait time unless your order is shipped same state or you choose a faster shipping method. It should always say what carrier is taking it at the bottom of your GS tracking order number.

Okay, noob.

Maybe not. I finally received my Pokemon emerald GBA game from the 50% off sale and it shipped USPS with no other items in a medium size box (probably 6x4x12).
Is it real though? I ordered a fire red for $17.50 during B2G2 and I'm hoping mine will be. These games are faked so often nowadays.

Honestly kinda annoyed with the store inventory checker as of late. Wanted to take advantage of the DOTD GAEMS 15' monitor but because of it not showing stores if they only have one, no store order can be made. Had my eyes on the monitor for months but I guess I'll keep waiting

I wanna love GS but they really make it hard.

In a store yesterday, wanted to get X1 Trine Collection at $3.99 PO. Looking right at the damned thing in store but can't "add to cart" & the store that did have it, couldn't check out.

What's the point?? Why not just match in store if you're using a store's inv anyways?

From what I've seen, soon as USPS actually gets the package I get the item within like a day. I'm assuming they are using UPS or another service to ship multiple outgoing packages to USPS at the same time and then having USPS "deliver the last mile." So odds are that delay everyone is blaming USPS for is actually because Gamestop is saving money by only sending packages to USPS a couple times a week from their warehouse (I only ever have USPS involved when shipped from warehouse and not a store). I ship stuff with USPS all the time for eBay and generally a first class package can go from MN to CA in just a couple of days. It often takes 7-10 days for Gamestop just to get the package into USPS hands (can never tell from tracking if it's spending 7-10 days in UPS hands or what though).

I assume individuals stores are just ordering UPS labels to print off for online orders so they just ship UPS direct form store to person. Which of course that will be quicker because those stores are probably picking up daily.

In a store yesterday, wanted to get X1 Trine Collection at $3.99 PO. Looking right at the damned thing in store but can't "add to cart" & the store that did have it, couldn't check out.

What's the point?? Why not just match in store if you're using a store's inv anyways?
This is definitely one of my least favorite elements of gamestop.com and it has to cost them so many missed opportunities for sales. Something shouldn't have to be in stock for online shipping for me to place a store pick up order. Crazy when online is telling me multiple stores have it in stock nearby but I can't order it for pick up because it's out of stock online (but I could order it for pickup if it was in stock for delivery).

Is it real though? I ordered a fire red for $17.50 during B2G2 and I'm hoping mine will be. These games are faked so often nowadays.
I ordered two Fire Red and a Leaf Green during a previous B2G1 and they shipped from the warehouse...all three were legit with good labels. Hopefully yours is the same.

I feel like fake HeartGold and SoulSilver are much more prevalent in GS’s inventory.

This is definitely one of my least favorite elements of gamestop.com and it has to cost them so many missed opportunities for sales. Something shouldn't have to be in stock for online shipping for me to place a store pick up order. Crazy when online is telling me multiple stores have it in stock nearby but I can't order it for pick up because it's out of stock online (but I could order it for pickup if it was in stock for delivery).
im in the same boat. can't pick up a game because its not available for delivery and now with the inventory of 1 rule change i can't even see it anymore in stock online. Completely shitty system. I just wanted to use cag16 promo on it, damm you gamestop.

Honestly kinda annoyed with the store inventory checker as of late. Wanted to take advantage of the DOTD GAEMS 15' monitor but because of it not showing stores if they only have one, no store order can be made. Had my eyes on the monitor for months but I guess I'll keep waiting
I love how this is the deal of the day, but they have zero inventory for it. I was going to grab one of these as well.

I had my eye on that monitor for more than a year. They have not had stock of it definitely for at least that one year. It's BS. I ended up getting one from Amazon recently.

I can't quite pull the trigger on the buy 4+ get 40% off they are currently running on ps4 xbone. All the good games are oos. Here on L.I. NY select malls are set to re open tomorrow. Hopefully we will see some fresh games available.

What does it say when you track it via GameStop's website? Just shipped?
It says "Awaiting Carrier Pickup". USPS says they are "Currently Awaiting Package".

Update: Looks like calling them was the right thing to do. They are overnighting me a replacement for free. Wish i called and complained on Monday. Note to everyone: Don't waste your time emailing Customer Support.

I can't quite pull the trigger on the buy 4+ get 40% off they are currently running on ps4 xbone. All the good games are oos. Here on L.I. NY select malls are set to re open tomorrow. Hopefully we will see some fresh games available.
Hard to bite with all the recent 50% flash sales so fresh. Anyone find a stack or glitch with the B2G2 $10 deal, etc.?

Just checking to see if the $5 bonus is still in-effect at Gamestop. Planning on heading over after work. 

It says "Awaiting Carrier Pickup". USPS says they are "Currently Awaiting Package".

Update: Looks like calling them was the right thing to do. They are overnighting me a replacement for free. Wish i called and complained on Monday. Note to everyone: Don't waste your time emailing Customer Support.
I was told something similar about a replacement order of mine from 2 weeks ago but I was also told I'd get an email for my replacement order (after my 2nd call, on Monday this week)... but nothing after 2 business days. Did you get an email or anything for your replacement order?

Does anyone know what the expiration date for the $50, $25, & $15 off purchase PUR coupons currently are? I'm talking about the ones valid for in store purchases, not the online only ones. Just wanting to use them for the PS5 in November. Thanks in advance.

I was told something similar about a replacement order of mine from 2 weeks ago but I was also told I'd get an email for my replacement order (after my 2nd call, on Monday this week)... but nothing after 2 business days. Did you get an email or anything for your replacement order?
I called them June 17th regarding a completely lost order from May. I was told I'd be getting an order confirmation and tracking number, and would get it in 3-5 days. I didn't get my order or the confirmation in 10 days, so I called back I think the 27th and was told it wasn't even processed yet. It's July 9th and I still havent received anything. I guess you just have to trust that you'll even get it.

Hard to bite with all the recent 50% flash sales so fresh. Anyone find a stack or glitch with the B2G2 $10 deal, etc.?
True, but there are still some deals to be had and 40% off is still quite good. It stacks with some sale items and discounted games, so I managed to put an order of: Sekiro (getting clearanced out so I dont see it dropping much further), Wreckfest XB1, Nick Kart Racers PS4, and Sonic Racing. Noticed that some sale items stack on certain systems and some don't.

I called them June 17th regarding a completely lost order from May. I was told I'd be getting an order confirmation and tracking number, and would get it in 3-5 days. I didn't get my order or the confirmation in 10 days, so I called back I think the 27th and was told it wasn't even processed yet. It's July 9th and I still havent received anything. I guess you just have to trust that you'll even get it.
Was just coming here to say I felt comfortable about the situation and then saw this! Lol. I called in as per advice, he lookex up my order, said it was noted on my order I had emailed customer support and he could see that a new order was placed. So they are at least trying to send me another but... based on what you said, who knows if it gets fulfilled. Yikes.

I'm probably gonna have to call. Emailing has gotten me nowhere. They offered a replacement or a refund so I asked for a refund and, nothing. I sent another reply this morning and they just sent another automated COVID response email.

I'm curious as to what I should do if I don't get my replacement. This isn't the first time I was told I'd get a replacement and never did. But the last two times, it was over a free game from a BxGx sale, so that was easily solvable by returning the other items/getting the money back. But this time, it's an entire order that was lost. I can't file a chargeback since I paid with a giftcard, and even if I could file a chargeback, I'm sure I'll get banned.

I'm probably gonna have to call. Emailing has gotten me nowhere. They offered a replacement or a refund so I asked for a refund and, nothing. I sent another reply this morning and they just sent another automated COVID response email.
I haven't had luck with getting a response from their email in like.. 5 years. Their phone lines were bad for a while too but my last 3 calls (all in 2020), I was able to get a rep in under 15 minutes. Of course, my issue is still pending.

Has anyone contacted via Twitter by chance? Seems like that's the only thing companies care about these days. Wish I got on board with it back in the day...

Anyone get their accounts hacked lately? I just left a GameStop and they informed me I had -46k points lol. One of them said it happened to them recently too. Also the $5 monthly doesn’t seem to be coming off automatically but they were able to do it manually. (iTunes card)

Mine seems ok. I don't follow this thread frequently and I know it's prob been asked and answered but can I use my points towards getting coupons for  MS bucks? I was going to save them for the new consoles but I figure if there's a chance GS may not be around much longer I better use them.

Sadly, Gamestop and common sense rarely go hand in hand.

By the way, was going to pre-order "Ghost of Tsushima" today and on the game page, even before putting in my address or any info, it says "expect it between July 22 and July 24", which is a bit longer than their standard 2-4 business days after release spiel. The game releases on the 17th. The page for the game looks a little different than it did a couple of days ago. Amazon has apparently posted similar delays as well, if not worse.

Also lame is that you can't use more than two gift cards towards an online purchase. I just tried three...no can do. Had somehow never tried this before in past years (before Covid-19, I did all pre-ordering in-store). I have several active gift cards that have been deducted/dwindled down over the years. Four of them would pay for the game in full but I can only use two. Silly.

By the way, was going to pre-order "Ghost of Tsushima" today and on the game page, even before putting in my address or any info, it says "expect it between July 22 and July 24", which is a bit longer than their standard 2-4 business days after release spiel. The game releases on the 17th. The page for the game looks a little different than it did a couple of days ago. Amazon has apparently posted similar delays as well, if not worse.
Yep my preorders are all delayed as well to between the 28th and the 31st according to the emails I got from amazon. They also sent me an email saying arise is no longer releasing this year (everyone already knew about that) and changed the release date to blank which is a first.

I did get an email that my order shipped, but there was no tracking information or even an order number in the email. My original order still shows as shipped but not picked up by the carrier.

I did get an email that my order shipped, but there was no tracking information or even an order number in the email. My original order still shows as shipped but not picked up by the carrier.
It's kind of a "do it yourself" kind of thing to track down info, if you didn't order it while logged into your account.

You can track your order here, if you know the order confirmation #:

https://www.gamestop.com/order/search/

That means a replacement or gift card refund was sent. For whatever reason they don't feel the need to give you anything more than a blank email stating your order has shipped. They can lookup the order on their end and give you the information, so I never understood why they couldn't have it show at least what was sent.

It's kind of a "do it yourself" kind of thing to track down info, if you didn't order it while logged into your account.

You can track your order here, if you know the order confirmation #:

https://www.gamestop.com/order/search/
They said there was no order number, how would this help?

They said there was no order number, how would this help?
The second you make an online order, an order # appears on conf. screen after payment. Using your email addy and going back to that order #, you can trace the shipping, regardless of what emails you get later lacking info. Easy peasy.

The second you make an online order, an order # appears on conf. screen after payment. Using your email addy and going back to that order #, you can trace the shipping, regardless of what emails you get later lacking info. Easy peasy.
No, not in that persons case. It is a replacement order. They can't track it that way. Your post has nothing to do with what they are dealing with. Easy peasy.

Is there any workaround at all for using that $5 rewards online only coupon successfully? Redeemed 5000 points for a $5 one optimistically because the $10 one for in store purchases worked with no issues, but of course it never works

Hey, does anyone know if Gamestop.com charges you shipping if you send an online order back. I just got a refund but it wasn't the full amount. I do not think it was a restocking fee since it was only a few dollars. Maybe they charged me for the UPS return label?

Hey, does anyone know if Gamestop.com charges you shipping if you send an online order back. I just got a refund but it wasn't the full amount. I do not think it was a restocking fee since it was only a few dollars. Maybe they charged me for the UPS return label?
They don't do free shipping, it's a lie. They charge you shipping, but divide the shipping cost between the number of items you purchased and deduct them from the price of each item on the invoice. If you keep the item, technically you get the discounted price, and if you return it, you only get the discounted portion back and not the full amount.

If you return the full thing, then you're eating the full shipping cost

They don't do free shipping, it's a lie. They charge you shipping, but divide the shipping cost between the number of items you purchased and deduct them from the price of each item on the invoice. If you keep the item, technically you get the dicing price, and if you return it, you only get the discounted portion back and not the full amount.

If you return the full thing, then you're eating the full shipping cost
I'm just curious if anyone is aware of any other company (especially of Gamestop's size) that does this?

Also lame is that you can't use more than two gift cards towards an online purchase. I just tried three...no can do. Had somehow never tried this before in past years (before Covid-19, I did all pre-ordering in-store). I have several active gift cards that have been deducted/dwindled down over the years. Four of them would pay for the game in full but I can only use two. Silly.
I would almost consider using 2 of your gift cards to buy something online and then return in store (where they will almost certainly give you cash back for the return) so that technically you can use them towards your online purchase with the third card. Had no idea of that limit. Man gamestop.com is a dumpster fire.

But hey, they went and updated the styling of the "add to cart" button and the buttons for delivery and in store pick up. That's what we were all asking for right?

Mine seems ok. I don't follow this thread frequently and I know it's prob been asked and answered but can I use my points towards getting coupons for MS bucks? I was going to save them for the new consoles but I figure if there's a chance GS may not be around much longer I better use them.
I was able to cash in 20000 points for 2 $10 Reward Certificates and buy 2 $10 PSN cards on Monday so it should work - this was in-store and not the online-only ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back