2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah bummer NSMBU DX went from $35 to $22. Thought about trading that with bonus for Paper Mario but oh well. Don’t need more games to play and the $30-$35 may come back since it’s first party Nintendo

Yeah bummer NSMBU DX went from $35 to $22. Thought about trading that with bonus for Paper Mario but oh well. Don’t need more games to play and the $30-$35 may come back since it’s first party Nintendo
Welcome back bud. I was shocked you of all people were banned.

A couple of $30 Switch games on the ad. I'm happy I dumped everything when the values were high last week (as well as during yesterday's mystery bump) because maybe GS is testing trade values and figured they well paying out too much, which may be true because I saw a store stocked with used CIB Switch games that were getting $35 each. Some of the titles yesterday were definitely higher than I'd expect from them especially since some of the older games never were on the most wanted list before.

Received my retro discs that I ordered when I mentioned many were popping back in stock, and all I can say is don't do it. It's not worth your time having to go return them, because at this point they're just recycling defective copies for retro/last gen. The ones I got either had cracked rings around the middle or had severe front surface scratching. Its just not worth it, regardless of how much you can resell a good copy for. You wont be getting a good copy. These were for PS2/Xbox games, as I haven't even been able to check the PS1 games yet (need to do more research on how to thoroughly check these, don't have a PS1 only PS2).

Now I have to worry about returning these along with the 50-60 360 games from the 6 for $10. That associate is going to have a heart attack with all the price adjustments.

Also, I dont know if anyone else has trouble getting working copies of random games, but I can't for the life of me get a working copy of Blur (360). I've ordered it 8 times and 7/8 times its come with the silver ring around it, and the other was so badly scratched it wasn't even funny. I also have trouble with Alien Vs. Predator (360, 5 bad copies) and The Godfather (360, 4 bad copies).

I just noticed that the Deal of the Day is Buy One, Get One 50% off Wii U games, which is only better than the Buy X, Save X% if you're getting exactly two Wii U games and nothing else, or if you're buying Wii U games that cost more than $29.99 (as far as I can tell, only BotW and Hello Kitty Kruisers are over $29.99. Twilight Princess HD is sold out). If you add more than two games, whether Wii U or not, the B1G150% off will override the Buy 3 Save 30% or Buy 4+, Save 40%, which are both higher discounts. So that's a bummer DotD.

Another Buy X, Save X% on $29.99 and under, but it’s apparently capped at four games, 40% off.
If anyone was wondering like me, you can buy more than 4 games at 40% off.

Whenever I hear the word, "capped." I think of "a limit of 4." Instead of "must buy at least 4."

Might as well ask this here, is there a way to check if codes for Switch eShop is valid or not without redeeming it (like there is for PS Store)? I got a copy of Xenoblade Golden Torna and there's a code inside for some Xenoblade 2 content but the game is does not have the original case (which I found baffling, that someone kept the code card but not the case) so I'm just gonna eBay it. Just not sure I could advertise it as having the code or not. 

Might as well ask this here, is there a way to check if codes for Switch eShop is valid or not without redeeming it (like there is for PS Store)?
I've used maybe 4-5 eshop codes and all of them had a confirmation screen before applying the contents to my account.

Might as well ask this here, is there a way to check if codes for Switch eShop is valid or not without redeeming it (like there is for PS Store)? I got a copy of Xenoblade Golden Torna and there's a code inside for some Xenoblade 2 content but the game is does not have the original case (which I found baffling, that someone kept the code card but not the case) so I'm just gonna eBay it. Just not sure I could advertise it as having the code or not.
The case was likely stolen off the shelf. This happens from time to time. They pull the code from the box and out it with the cart, but some one steals the case so all that is left is the cart and code.

The case was likely stolen off the shelf. This happens from time to time. They pull the code from the box and out it with the cart, but some one steals the case so all that is left is the cart and code.
Most GS I notice just have 1x "real" box on display for a newly released game and then have like 10 x versions of the game with the $59.99 GS cover art to be more noticeable which makes me wonder why they bother putting the real one out to get stolen anyways.

Top TIV games dropped to $30 base.
Weekly ad: https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/pre-owned-games
Hope they have another mini-bump this week! Still waiting for CSAC here. So how do you trade towards GoT if they don't have any copies? Can you trade in towards a special edition that may never come back in stock? :razz:

Do the online rewards certificates even work, or am I just waisting points? I really wanna play GOT but can’t find it anywhere near me.
Only the monthly $5 ones work, the redeem 5000 points for $5 one hasn’t worked for me since May. May have to call and ask them to credit me, as others suggested

Received my retro discs that I ordered when I mentioned many were popping back in stock, and all I can say is don't do it. It's not worth your time having to go return them, because at this point they're just recycling defective copies for retro/last gen. The ones I got either had cracked rings around the middle or had severe front surface scratching. Its just not worth it, regardless of how much you can resell a good copy for. You wont be getting a good copy. These were for PS2/Xbox games, as I haven't even been able to check the PS1 games yet (need to do more research on how to thoroughly check these, don't have a PS1 only PS2).

Now I have to worry about returning these along with the 50-60 360 games from the 6 for $10. That associate is going to have a heart attack with all the price adjustments.

Also, I dont know if anyone else has trouble getting working copies of random games, but I can't for the life of me get a working copy of Blur (360). I've ordered it 8 times and 7/8 times its come with the silver ring around it, and the other was so badly scratched it wasn't even funny. I also have trouble with Alien Vs. Predator (360, 5 bad copies) and The Godfather (360, 4 bad copies).
All PS1 games play on PS2 or PS3 ...

I tried this and i can also say it's a NO...i completely forgot i could trade towards paper mario, which was in stock, so I lost out on $16 on the stealth bump day. Could have returned Paper Mario for store credit and ordered GoT online. I'll wait until this weekend when I get the next $5 code for August.

So the Trine Collection for the Switch (preowned) is Deal of the Day. How does this actually work with pretty much 3/4 games as a code in the box?
giphy.gif

I tried this and i can also say it's a NO...i completely forgot i could trade towards paper mario, which was in stock, so I lost out on $16 on the stealth bump day. Could have returned Paper Mario for store credit and ordered GoT online. I'll wait until this weekend when I get the next $5 code for August.
What were you planning to trade in to lose $16?

What were you planning to trade in to lose $16?
Sorry, I should have been more clear...I wanted to trade in a few PS4 games that I got during the recent 50% off sales or the BXGX glitches. Instead of getting Paper Mario, I went ahead with the trade and lost out on $16

I ordered this when it was DotD earlier this month, and mine came with an unredeemed download card. So it is possible (but probably very unlikely).

So the Trine Collection for the Switch (preowned) is Deal of the Day. How does this actually work with pretty much 3/4 games as a code in the box?

I tried this and i can also say it's a NO...i completely forgot i could trade towards paper mario, which was in stock, so I lost out on $16 on the stealth bump day.  Could have returned Paper Mario for store credit and ordered GoT online.  I'll wait until this weekend when I get the next $5 code for August.
The way I look at it is we still got a great deal. I too rushed and forgot about the 20% bonus but what can you do? You can't win everything. At least we got the bumps, other people on here waited until the next day until everything already dropped like a rock and got nothing. I think some of us here, myself included, probably have undiagnosed OCD or something and beat ourselves up over minor crap like this that most people wouldn't think twice about.

The way I look at it is we still got a great deal. I too rushed and forgot about the 20% bonus but what can you do? You can't win everything. At least we got the bumps, other people on here waited until the next day until everything already dropped like a rock and got nothing. I think some of us here, myself included, probably have undiagnosed OCD or something and beat ourselves up over minor crap like this that most people wouldn't think twice about.
I dunno, I used most of my 2k limit during the +$5 bonus, so not sure if the bumps +20% would have made up that difference, since I mostly dealt with $3 to $10 base games. I think a few $10 base got bumped to $15, but holding my stock of switch stock (that went from $20 to $35 in a few cases?) for a cash promo. I definitely have OCD here.... I still regret not waiting for a promo on my first trade-in to GS!

I dunno, I used most of my 2k limit during the +$5 bonus, so not sure if the bumps +20% would have made up that difference, since I mostly dealt with $3 to $10 base games. I think a few $10 base got bumped to $15, but holding my stock of switch stock (that went from $20 to $35 in a few cases?) for a cash promo. I definitely have OCD here.... I still regret not waiting for a promo on my first trade-in to GS!
I regret not tracking my trade ins through the years with a spreadsheet so I can have totals like in your sig!

You are going to be waiting a long time, until there is a vaccine, before they offer cash for trade ins again. Their website stopped listing cash offers on all trade ins since Covid started.

You are going to be waiting a long time, until there is a vaccine, before they offer cash for trade ins again. Their website stopped listing cash offers on all trade ins since Covid started.
They offer cash for systems and phones now, so it isn’t a huge stretch. You never know how desperate they will get around the holidays! Especially with all the other physical retailers canceling Black Friday and the battle for dollars starting probably right at PS5 launch

They offer cash for systems and phones now, so it isn’t a huge stretch. You never know how desperate they will get around the holidays! Especially with all the other physical retailers canceling Black Friday and the battle for dollars starting probably right at PS5 launch
Good general point about B.F. Maybe we'll get back to really good online black friday deals (across the retailer spectrum).

That's 2 TIV opportunities I missed in July...

1.) During the $5 bonus promo I brought in 2 games but forgot my ID (long story);

2.) On Friday I got greedy and decided to wait until Sunday to see if there was a new promo in the AD that would stack with the bump since I didn't want Paper Mario or Ghosts of Tsushima. 

^ Your situation is very YMMV for getting hit with a refurb fee. Most stores in my experience, don’t care if it’s disc only or complete , as long as it’s not scratched to hell, no refurb fee

I want to use my 5 dollar monthly coupon but it doesn't work online and there is nothing I want in-store. Is it possible to place an order in-store?

Does anyone know if GameStop prints cover art for retro games? Of the PS2/GameCube games I've bought online, a lot come shipped with a generic case but high quality cover art that might be original, although none come with manuals. It seems weird that they would transfer real cover art to a generic case, why not just keep it in the original case), but at the same time I'd be surprised if GameStop actually went out of their way to reprint cover art for no reason. Not to mention I've received some games with no cover art, so why print for some games but not for others?

Just returned a game to GameStop there were 3 employees and one came up to me. As soon as I mentioned return I could feel the disappointment as if he regretted being the one who greeted me to ring me up. I felt bad

Does anyone know if GameStop prints cover art for retro games? Of the PS2/GameCube games I've bought online, a lot come shipped with a generic case but high quality cover art that might be original, although none come with manuals. It seems weird that they would transfer real cover art to a generic case, why not just keep it in the original case), but at the same time I'd be surprised if GameStop actually went out of their way to reprint cover art for no reason. Not to mention I've received some games with no cover art, so why print for some games but not for others?
You answered your own question, but no, they don't for retro games.

Just returned a game to GameStop there were 3 employees and one came up to me. As soon as I mentioned return I could feel the disappointment as if he regretted being the one who greeted me to ring me up. I felt bad
You could always do the survey if youre still feeling bad. I tend to do them myself in situations where im given good customer service.

I have a question for you all regarding gamestop.com returns. Has anyone else gotten the run-around when it comes to receiving a return shipping label?

I've had two reps say they made a return shipping label - one over the phone, and one over email. Nada in my inbox. I received the email rep's response, but no label - neither in an attachment nor separate message. WTF?

I have a question for you all regarding gamestop.com returns. Has anyone else gotten the run-around when it comes to receiving a return shipping label?

I've had two reps say they made a return shipping label - one over the phone, and one over email. Nada in my inbox. I received the email rep's response, but no label - neither in an attachment nor separate message. WTF?
Whenever they say they're sending a return label, you should get one almost immediately from UPS to the email you gave them. Might want to stay on the line if you didn't or reply immediately to the email trying to confirm your email.

Whenever they say they're sending a return label, you should get one almost immediately from UPS to the email you gave them. Might want to stay on the line if you didn't or reply immediately to the email trying to confirm your email.
Good to know, thank you for your response. I attempted to keep the phone rep on the line until it arrived, but the call dropped after a few minutes (facepalm). I most definitely followed up to the email rep though. Hopefully this will get wrapped up soon.

You answered your own question, but no, they don't for retro games.
You know... now that he/she mentions it, I've had similar experiences. I've gotten Star Fox Assault, Smash Bros, Custom Robo and Battalion Wars on the GameCube with generic cases but with what appears to be a real insert. On the PS2, I got Jak 3 and .hack 4 the same way (but not the game, they sent me a .hack 4 demo disc). I'm not saying GS reprints covers but it does seem odd to get so many games with what look like real inserts in generic cases and no manuals.

A 10 dollar certificate disappeared from my account. Anyone have this happen before?

Btw, children of Morta is 14.99 for all versions. Good price

You know... now that he/she mentions it, I've had similar experiences. I've gotten Star Fox Assault, Smash Bros, Custom Robo and Battalion Wars on the GameCube with generic cases but with what appears to be a real insert. On the PS2, I got Jak 3 and .hack 4 the same way (but not the game, they sent me a .hack 4 demo disc). I'm not saying GS reprints covers but it does seem odd to get so many games with what look like real inserts in generic cases and no manuals.
Back when it was in stock I ordered 4 copies of Xenosaga 3 and all 4 had like a sturdy paper feeling insert...not like the usual flimsy kinda PS2 inserts and of course no manuals. Sold all 4 of them as no manual and no one complained. But I always had a feeling that it was sketchy they all came with no manuals but mint inserts. Maybe they do reprint for the bigger titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back