2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back when it was in stock I ordered 4 copies of Xenosaga 3 and all 4 had like a sturdy paper feeling insert...not like the usual flimsy kinda PS2 inserts and of course no manuals. Sold all 4 of them as no manual and no one complained. But I always had a feeling that it was sketchy they all came with no manuals but mint inserts. Maybe they do reprint for the bigger titles
Some are sturdy (usually earlier titles), and some are not (usually later titles). This goes for XBOX 360 as well.

Back when it was in stock I ordered 4 copies of Xenosaga 3 and all 4 had like a sturdy paper feeling insert...not like the usual flimsy kinda PS2 inserts and of course no manuals. Sold all 4 of them as no manual and no one complained. But I always had a feeling that it was sketchy they all came with no manuals but mint inserts. Maybe they do reprint for the bigger titles
I'm more surprised you seemingly got 4 working copies of a $85 game. I truly wonder where all those came from, because its seems like a lot of the middle priced retro stuff (and as you guys know stuff like NCAA 14) are just recycled junk copies.

Dang Wii game prices doubled for some of the more flippable games (twilight princess for example)... and no stock for the Wii sports packs ... ahh well. Pass! Still waiting for amazon to take my current stock ...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
Yep, looks like a used 7 year old disc from Gamestop.

Twilight Princess was $10 used, so that one tripled.
Huh, lol. Guess I fell right into that after paying $25 (not including the 50% off the first time they did it) for it, and they sent me a copy in the most beat up GS case I've ever seen. Haven't even bothered to try the game yet.

They've been subtly raising prices recently. I've bought multiple PS4/PS3/360 games during the 50%s off and when I go back and look at the stock I see games I bought for $14.99 normally bumped up to $17.99. A game like Forza Horizon 3 that was normally $20 and frequently went to $10 meaning you could get it for $5 is now $25. It's been a while since we've seen a universal price drop.

Most (if not all) of the good $9.99 games jumped to $14.99 last month, which was funny because some still weren't being accepted for trade (Far Cry Primal PS4, though you now get $2).

I am still trade limit after a year since i was ban... debating if ti is worth fighting it since we have no idea how long will gamestop last.  They closed half the store in my city after the riot/looting.  I still got around 50k point left.  The $5 reward each month is pretty nice since I can buy ms credit with it so literally $60 ms credit for the $15-20 pro reward.  Also notice they give out "coin" for new release, $10 credsit is kind of like GCU back then.  

Huh, lol. Guess I fell right into that after paying $25 (not including the 50% off the first time they did it) for it, and they sent me a copy in the most beat up GS case I've ever seen. Haven't even bothered to try the game yet.

They've been subtly raising prices recently. I've bought multiple PS4/PS3/360 games during the 50%s off and when I go back and look at the stock I see games I bought for $14.99 normally bumped up to $17.99. A game like Forza Horizon 3 that was normally $20 and frequently went to $10 meaning you could get it for $5 is now $25. It's been a while since we've seen a universal price drop.
If Gamestop actually took care of its old-gen games, it could certainly demand higher prices over time. But after the "fire" sales it has been doing, it seems like most of what they have left are just leftovers, including defective disks, broken cases, and missing manuals.

The fire sales have been interesting to see. I have no interest in anything they have, but I do wonder what the strategy is at this point. Generating liquidity is great, but when the bulk of the business still depends on selling preowned products (and they're not really getting much or that interested in encouraging trades - which I understand given the precarious conditions we're faced with), what is the long-term plan?

Doesn't sound like GS has one.

If Gamestop actually took care of its old-gen games, it could certainly demand higher prices over time. But after the "fire" sales it has been doing, it seems like most of what they have left are just leftovers, including defective disks, broken cases, and missing manuals.

The fire sales have been interesting to see. I have no interest in anything they have, but I do wonder what the strategy is at this point. Generating liquidity is great, but when the bulk of the business still depends on selling preowned products (and they're not really getting much or that interested in encouraging trades - which I understand given the precarious conditions we're faced with), what is the long-term plan?

Imagine you're the most prominent and really the only main distributor in used video games and your stores don't have resurface machines. Sure, I'm sure over 90% of employees would make the discs worse, but at least theres an attempt there rather than just selling you a completely scratched up game from a 5 year old that was never checked when it was traded in.

Absolutely baffling how they've managed to sell old used games this long.

Looks like their store inventory is back to being screwed up through the website. Went to trade in a few things and asked if they maybe had a few games I was looking for(Forza Horizon 1 & 2). So that I wouldn't have to order online & get disc only copies that were scratched to hell. Turns out a few stores in the area had multiple copies of each, despite the website saying no store in 100 miles had them. So just call and check if you're looking for something.

Yeah the Mario Galaxy games used to be like $10 cheaper to find them elsewhere guaranteed CIB.
Really surprised that they jacked up Mario Galaxy 2 to $34.99 used and have a picture of the Nintendo Selects version($20 MSRP).

Hey guys, don't worry. Now that they have gotten rid of the discount on all used games, gamestop is going to lower the prices of thier used games. It should happen any... Minute.... Now...

Funny that you mention that. I've had my eye on Jump Force and that went from $14.99 to $17.99 pre-owned also.

I got my copy of NCAA Football 14 (finally) and the disc actually looks pretty fine. Only a few faint scratches on the underside. Even came in an actual PS3 case but no insert or manual. And my new copy of Digimon Story of Cyber Sleuth Complete was actually new/sealed.

Finally some good luck with GS.... now if only they'd send me my missing order from a month ago. 

I got my copy of NCAA Football 14 (finally) and the disc actually looks pretty fine. Only a few faint scratches on the underside. Even came in an actual PS3 case but no insert or manual. And my new copy of Digimon Story of Cyber Sleuth Complete was actually new/sealed.

Finally some good luck with GS.... now if only they'd send me my missing order from a month ago.
Trust me, it looking good doesn't mean anything when it comes to NCAA 14. Try playing it first.

We need to continue taking large and detailed pictures of NCAA 14 so we can make sure they're not the same defective copies being recycled.

nice. i'm not surprised on cybersleuth/hackers memory complete as there's a lot of those in circulation new still I believe.

Trust me, it looking good doesn't mean anything when it comes to NCAA 14. Try playing it first.
Seems to work fine. Just watched #2 Ohio State defeat #19 Michigan in North Texas stadium in a blizzard with high wind and 0F temperatures... because 2020.

I did wash the disc first and after you mentioned it, the disc art side face does have a minor scratch on it but it's pretty far out. Angle read should be fine from what I can tell.

So Blu Ray discs can be resurfaced? This one is resurfaced but it works...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

And this is weird. Comes with cover but broken black case instead of original 360 case... Disc is also resurfaced but works but man that resurfacing job looks bad.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Those generic black cases GS sends out also smell like toxic plastic and can't be recycled. I am shocked to see that it looks they resurface discs with a Disc Dr and the generic cases are probably the cheapest and worst you can buy. DVD cases are so cheap in bulk that I'm shocked that they won't spend a tiny bit more to buy decent cases that don't get cracked in the mail and have toxic plastic fumes. You know that plastic is cheap and probably unhealthy to have around when it can't even be recycled because the materials are so bad...

So Blu Ray discs can be resurfaced? This one is resurfaced but it works...
Technically no. If you put it in a resurfacing machine, the machine will obviously run/polish/whatever the disc but from what I've been told, BR discs are too hard to be resurfaced. So the disc was prob just really dirty and they just ran it through the resurfacing machine to clean it.

EDIT* How TF are you guys getting so many copies of this game? With the odds of college football up the air for 2020 so many big games getting canceled, I want to get a copy of the game but want it for the 360. I mean I'm happy to have a PS3 copy but it runs kinda choppy.

Technically no. If you put it in a resurfacing machine, the machine will obviously run/polish/whatever the disc but from what I've been told, BR discs are too hard to be resurfaced. So the disc was prob just really dirty and they just ran it through the resurfacing machine to clean it.

EDIT* How TF are you guys getting so many copies of this game? With the odds of college football up the air for 2020 so many big games getting canceled, I want to get a copy of the game but want it for the 360. I mean I'm happy to have a PS3 copy but it runs kinda choppy.
GS used to have a bunch of these in stock (at least for ps3) a few weeks ago. I'm talking 5+ multiple times. Haven't seen any in stock recently, though.

This is why I can't wait for them to go out of business. What good is a video game company that is so incompetent that they destroy games then try to sell them to you

How are people testing these? I install the update when the disc is inserted and then just start up the game. I assume if this works it's good to go?
Not necessarily. I found a copy at a goodwill a couple weeks ago. It would freeze halfway through the first quarter every time.

What a clown. You know someone like that isn't going to even test their games before they sell them on eBay. Things like this (and the switch fiasco) make me want the "prove you're not a computer" on checkout. On the bright side, they probably missed out on the B1 new game at $30 get 40% off used because they took the shortcut (basically could've gotten $30 new game for net $4 more).

https://twitter.com/iamnick44/status/1284594502557151232?s=19

He got 50+ apparently
Guess since that's what he does for a living, if he doesn't do it someone else will. Clearly the market exists.

I guess they aren't allowed to sell digital copies of older college sports video games with all the more recent legislation on amateur likeness and/or paying players? Seems like easy money.

Keep in mind, while NCAA 14 was always pricier than normal, it's not a rare game and is currently selling at an inflated price. It was running around $50-$60 before Covid-19, and as more copies flood the marketplace, i see it dropping sooner than later. Maybe not back to the original prices right away, but probably around $100.

Keep in mind, while NCAA 14 was always pricier than normal, it's not a rare game and is currently selling at an inflated price. It was running around $50-$60 before Covid-19, and as more copies flood the marketplace, i see it dropping sooner than later. Maybe not back to the original prices right away, but probably around $100.
Millions of copies sold. Demand is just insane. I have been selling these for years and the highest I had ever seen was about $100 for the 360 version and that's during bowl season/Christmas. I had never seen the used PS3 version for more than $80. I've sold about 10 copies in the $175-$230 range on Amazon.

I keep waiting for it to go back down and every time it starts trending down, it goes right back up. College Basketball games have started trending downward. I sold a copy of College Hoops 2K8 for $160. My previous high was $70 last year. They're now in the $80s and $90s

So I’m seeing NCAA 13 for $20, 2012 for $15, and earlier games for $5 and under. Is 14 actually that much better, or is it just unique because it’s the last one, or what? All these posts are getting me interested in playing one, but not at anything close to those prices for 14.

Color is better on PS3 but yes, performance is worse. I'd rather have the washed out colors with smoother performance

So I’m seeing NCAA 13 for $20, 2012 for $15, and earlier games for $5 and under. Is 14 actually that much better, or is it just unique because it’s the last one, or what? All these posts are getting me interested in playing one, but not at anything close to those prices for 14.
Unique cause it's the last one, I think there are groups out there that update the rosters.

What a clown. You know someone like that isn't going to even test their games before they sell them on eBay. Things like this (and the switch fiasco) make me want the "prove you're not a computer" on checkout. On the bright side, they probably missed out on the B1 new game at $30 get 40% off used because they took the shortcut (basically could've gotten $30 new game for net $4 more).
That phoenix guy recently posted a video of himself opening "7000 dollars" in games that he ordered online from GS to sell. Pretty good chance he's not doing a lot of testing either.

Guess since that's what he does for a living, if he doesn't do it someone else will. Clearly the market exists.

I guess they aren't allowed to sell digital copies of older college sports video games with all the more recent legislation on amateur likeness and/or paying players? Seems like easy money.
Yeah, some players sued because they used their likeness but did not pay the players. I completely agree, it's bullshit that EA/NCAA was profiting from these player's images even if EA insisted it was as they never used actual player names. And for fans of the game, there isn't the same kind of appeal when you can't use your team's players so EA just didn't bother with a game with all generic players.

Color is better on PS3 but yes, performance is worse. I'd rather have the washed out colors with smoother performance
I mean, I strongly prefer my PS3 for exclusives but when it comes to multi-plats, I almost ways go for 360. Ignoring graphics, I love the ability install discs to the HD on the 360, just helps with load times and games run smooth usually.

I don't know about NCAA guy but Phoenix does good and I do so well It's stupid. If you collect and have knowledge about games and aren't reselling you are doing life wrong. Chase after the right price is a guy I watched he went from making a few bucks here and there to he can drop 10-20 Grand like nothing.

I live in Florida I don't have hard numbers (currently buying for collection/inventory) but I made during this virus 13 thousandish of profit.

Yard sales also haven't stopped where I live. You buy a Wii 10-30 sell it for 100-130 (I sell those local) easy profit.

As a reseller I need GameStop because I've learned how the system works.

I should add I don't believe in artificial demand. People buying switches is ridiculous just to sell for a few bucks. Those are different then a 7 year old game.

That phoenix guy recently posted a video of himself opening "7000 dollars" in games that he ordered online from GS to sell. Pretty good chance he's not doing a lot of testing either.
I talk to the guy occasionally on instagram and Youtube. He certainly does test every single game. It really isn't that hard to do once a game is installed. If you have multiple copies of the same game and it's already installed, you just pop it in, press start and pop it out. Not that much work.

If you collect and have knowledge about games and aren't reselling you are doing life wrong.
:rofl:

Okay you asked for it. Do you know what brings [customspoiler='better returns?']
Even better returns than spending time driving around to yard sales, taking gambles on GS orders, wasting time with CS with the inevitable screwups that will happen? An actual job. And you'd potentially actually contribute more to society than just being a bottomfeeder off capitalism.

Anyway, live how you choose but don't tell me I'm doing my life wrong by viewing gaming as a form of entertainment. I'm hear to talk about deals and games for that hobby. There's gotta be a better place to boast about your reseller margins then in a deals forum.[/customspoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back