2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought the rest of the 3ds games that were in stock that I was missing from my collection. Figured this sale is better than B1G1 since you'd basically be saving half off if you purchased 2 games that were the same price. It's a long shot but imagine if some came complete. Lol. Surprised alot of the 3ds games are gone such as Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

Bought the rest of the 3ds games that were in stock that I was missing from my collection. Figured this sale is better than B1G1 since you'd basically be saving half off if you purchased 2 games that were the same price. It's a long shot but imagine if some came complete. Lol. Surprised alot of the 3ds games are gone such as Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
It was in stock when I just checked a moment ago. I passed since I already have the ds or whatever one which they humorously sent in the 3ds versions box.

My haul was

poke park 14.99

pikmin 14.99

mario and luigi paper jam 14.99

cart filler pokemon sun 8.99

cart filler pokemon moon 8.99

If you have any games that you’ve been wanting to get that are actually in stock now is as good as any time to get them.

The 50% off 29.99 or less would be great if they actually had what I wanted in stock for ds/gba. And this certainly feels like liquidation before they close all of their non profitable stores,

If the games are still in stock, you shouldn’t have much trouble buying a second set and returning the first.
Not worth it. It's only a $3 difference at most and if your order gets even a few games shipped from the warehouse the difference essentially gets wiped out. Also not worth the gas.

Not worth it. It's only a $3 difference at most and if your order gets even a few games shipped from the warehouse the difference essentially gets wiped out. Also not worth the gas.
Well, everyone is different. That could be 4 (or more) x $29.99 games which would be $12, which means adding another normally-priced $25 game for free. And who knows if GameStop is on the way to his work, or if he was going to go there for another reason or something. So it’s at least a consideration.

Do you guys actually go through each game listing during these sales..? I used the available now filter usually but I just realized that given that's only like 80% accruate, the opposite it also true- it'll show available games as OOS. 

Over my years, I have only seen fakes of Nintendo Carts. To my knowledge never seen a decent fake disc based game. Some quick points for fake games, N64, real carts on the back, the dot in I in Nintendo will be square shaped, if it is a circle shape its a fake. Also on the back sticker there will be a 2 digit number imprinted somewhere on the label. Ds games, the middle four alpha numeric digits on the code of the front of the game will match the first four of the code on the back. No match means a fake.NES, SNES, GBA are a bit harder to notice, but should have the same 2 digit code imprinted on the back label SOMEWHERE.

If the games are still in stock, you shouldn’t have much trouble buying a second set and returning the first.
Nah, like EndofGreen said, in this case it's a few bucks so I'm ok sucking it up. Appreciate it though.

Also, don't forget that if there's only 2 or 3 games you're really wanting with this sale GameStop has copies of Disney infinity (ps3) in stock for $1 before discount. So if you add it to get to the 4 game discount tier it'll end up just being 50 cents to get your other games half off.

Thanks again, good tips!  Examining the NES replacements that I have gotten over the years, everything seems in line with the tips for authenticity so far!

With like 4 different sales at the same time today, there's gotta be some glitches going on like the B6G10 from last time.
I haven’t had any pop up yet, think just the 50% off for $100 plus in cart. As others have mentioned, it just needs to be $100 before discount at least. Know this has been asked before, but what’s the chance of box with art, or CIB for 3DS games? I know most cart games are pretty much 0 chance, but 3DS being newer, maybe a bit better? 25%? I’ve mostly been getting switch and PS4, usually just 2 copies is all it takes for me to get 1 I’m happy with, not bad there.

Just saw the 6 for 10 sale today. Anything to recommend for the Xbox one that isn't sports. My brother has an Xbox he picked up and wants some games.

Btw. Just read about 10 pages of posts. My grandmother was very poor her husband had died and she had about 6 kids to take care of. She did other people's laundry. I still remember the giant antique machine with rollers on it in her kitchen.
My father painted houses, shovelled snow, raked leaves, pump gas, and anything to get by.
I will agree with the poster who might say they did not have jobs.

But, they knew what real backbreaking work is.

To most people, $13000 is a lot of money.
Also, as much as people generally dislike people who flip, those flippers are often the ones that share the best deals here.

Thanks to all that share.

I haven’t had any pop up yet, think just the 50% off for $100 plus in cart. As others have mentioned, it just needs to be $100 before discount at least. Know this has been asked before, but what’s the chance of box with art, or CIB for 3DS games? I know most cart games are pretty much 0 chance, but 3DS being newer, maybe a bit better? 25%? I’ve mostly been getting switch and PS4, usually just 2 copies is all it takes for me to get 1 I’m happy with, not bad there.
I have ordered almost exclusively DS/3DS games over the last 2ish months and my results are more like 5% CIB. It has been getting worse than too, so I don't expect any and if I get 1 per order it's a nice plus. Getting less generic cases too, just getting loose carts in paper CD sleeve on my last order, not even the clear plastic display thingy. Most carts are showing up in pretty good condition though.

Edit: I have noticed prices creeping up too, I think this might be across all platforms though.

I have ordered almost exclusively DS/3DS games over the last 2ish months and my results are more like 5% CIB. It has been getting worse than too, so I don't expect any and if I get 1 per order it's a nice plus. Getting less generic cases too, just getting loose carts in paper CD sleeve on my last order, not even the clear plastic display thingy. Most carts are showing up in pretty good condition though.

Edit: I have noticed prices creeping up too, I think this might be across all platforms though.
Ok, thanks, I better pass then. If I buy physical I always want at least the case, and preferably complete in box. Prices have crept up across the board. Not sure the reasoning behind what gets a price increase or not though, but about 1/3 of the switch and PS4 games I was watching or already bought seem to have gone up $3-$7 dollars since they started these constant sales. If they really are trying to clear out inventory I think we might see 60 or even 70% off eventually, with some at a higher starting price though. Not sure how much more mileage they will get out of cycling the same sales anymore.

You get 5%? Must be nice. I've never gotten anything other than loose copies either in generic covers or plastic clamshells.

Rare Walmart variant cover.

s-l1600.jpg

CIB but black generic box:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Now this one is shocking. It is disc only and the disc is scratched and you can see through it, but it somehow works... I can post videos or pictures of the game on my TV if you don't believe me. I always heard that if you can see through the disc it wouldn't read. I guess that's just a myth. How does a disc get scratched like this? It has to be on purpose, I don't see how playing it can cause this. But why would someone purposely scratch it on the top?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

My success rate is 1/16 with only pokemon/fire emblem games.

This is anecdotal, but I have received SoulSilver, HeartGold, Black 2, Rhythm Thief, and Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition all CIB this year from GS

Rare Walmart variant cover.

s-l1600.jpg

CIB but black generic box:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Now this one is shocking. It is disc only and the disc is scratched and you can see through it, but it somehow works... I can post videos or pictures of the game on my TV if you don't believe me. I always heard that if you can see through the disc it wouldn't read. I guess that's just a myth. How does a disc get scratched like this? It has to be on purpose, I don't see how playing it can cause this. But why would someone purposely scratch it on the top?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
There is 100% no way that disc is fully readable, having dumped 15 copies at this point every copy with holes failed to rip properly and would load in but eventually fail with a dre

The game rips 100% and I've been playing it all week without it freezing once. I don't understand how this is possible and I also don't understand how games get parts of the top disc label missing with scratches all over the top and pinholes. I have launch PS3 games that have been played for years and have been left laying out, dropped, etc. and they have no scratches so I don't see how anyone can scratch a Bluray this bad.

I also think people should be careful about the discs they put in their systems. Just because it plays doesn't mean it's good for the laser. There's a few badly resurfaced games from GS that work fine but you can tell the system is struggling to read the disc and the fan is loud meaning the system is working hard to make it play.

Especially PS2 discs. This only happens with resurfaced GS discs. The discs work on the PS2 but the laser is louder than normal and the system is hotter when I'm done playing. I think some of these shitty condition games have the possibility of breaking our consoles even if they technically do work because the system is having a hard time reading them.

The game rips 100% and I've been playing it all week without it freezing once. I don't understand how this is possible and I also don't understand how games get parts of the top disc label missing with scratches all over the top and pinholes. I have launch PS3 games that have been played for years and have been left laying out, dropped, etc. and they have no scratches so I don't see how anyone can scratch a Bluray this bad.I also think people should be careful about the discs they put in their systems. Just because it plays doesn't mean it's good for the laser. There's a few badly resurfaced games from GS that work fine but you can tell the system is struggling to read the disc and the fan is loud meaning the system is working hard to make it play. Especially PS2 discs. This only happens with resurfaced GS discs. The discs work on the PS2 but the laser is louder than normal and the system is hotter when I'm done playing. I think some of these shitty condition games have the possibility of breaking our consoles even if they technically do work because the system is having a hard time reading them.
How did you rip the game, not buying this claim, did it match a known Redump hash?

Also, be careful about playing discs that in bad condition. Some of these crappy condition games work but seem to be overworking the lasers of our consoles to read them. My original Xenosaga III disc from my collection works fine and the system is quiet but the badly resurfaced copy I recently got from GS works but the system is loud when it plays, fan is on all the time and the laser makes lots of reading noises when the disc is in. I wonder if these GS games can lead to broken consoles from scratches and bad resurfacing jobs.

I'm going to do an NCAA 14 livestream this weekend and will use this disc as proof that it works and will rip it beforehand to show you.

I cheated and called dozens of stores and then had them transferred to my local store. BUT, my main point was there are cases/manuals for DS games still roaming around.
That's still impressive. I haven't seen a DS game with a case or manual since the 3DS came out. Everything is in those little plastic triangle things.

The game rips 100% and I've been playing it all week without it freezing once. I don't understand how this is possible and I also don't understand how games get parts of the top disc label missing with scratches all over the top and pinholes. I have launch PS3 games that have been played for years and have been left laying out, dropped, etc. and they have no scratches so I don't see how anyone can scratch a Bluray this bad.
Honestly, I feel like just having the artwork side damage doesn't mean anything with BDs. This may be true for regular discs and probably DVDs but BDs are prob made to better standards.

Ok do you understand how ripping discs in a ps3 works cuz that's a non answer, did you follow the redump guide and use direct disc access or

When did gs start subtracting the handling fee from the item prices on the receipt for online orders? Now I'll lose money if I return them.

Just received a fake chrono trigger from GS and thought I'd post it here on how to tell it's a fake (note: this is the first fake copy I've gotten).

YMuX7qY.jpg

xTQgUFM.jpg

SF7vECg.jpg

So at this point you're probably thinking, the label looks pretty good, but why does the front say "Made in Mexico" and the back say "Made in Japan". Let's open it up and take a look...

vNfeM5u.jpg

Womp womp... the circuit board looks like shit. BTW, here's what a real copy looks like:

SV3VgOC.jpg

Interesting!  On the one hand I’m impressed how close it is without taking it apart, but the made in Mexico / made in Japan thing is a funny oversight

I cheated and called dozens of stores and then had them transferred to my local store. BUT, my main point was there are cases/manuals for DS games still roaming around.
Oh thought you were talking about online. Yeah, in store has much higher success rate as you can see what you are purchasing beforehand.

Ok how did you rip the game chief, does it match redump? If not it's not good
From my understanding, you need CFW to rip a game to the hard drive.

Does anyone else never receive points anymore? I’m pro and haven’t gotten any on my last 2 transactions, I traded and purchased stuff both visits.
I'm showing them in my app history and the deduction for my pro renewal is there too. I never track them so I would be oblivious to them adding correctly. I guess I don't even know how many I am supposed to get per dollar or whatever it takes to earn them.

Alright guys, I think I have a problem. The GS, BB, etc. sales during this whole pandemic have been insane, better than Black Friday IMO. I've spent way too much cash but I have an addiction. I'm worse than a doper at this point. But the prices are too good. Especially since I'm an old asshole who loves physical media. Please, I'm begging you GS, BB, and other retailers. Stop it. You're taking all of money. How much does everyone on here spend monthly on games? Because I'm too embarrassed to say unless someone else admits it first.

Just received a fake chrono trigger from GS and thought I'd post it here on how to tell it's a fake (note: this is the first fake copy I've gotten).

So at this point you're probably thinking, the label looks pretty good, but why does the front say "Made in Mexico" and the back say "Made in Japan". Let's open it up and take a look...

Womp womp... the circuit board looks like shit. BTW, here's what a real copy looks like:
Does the fake one work or is it a blank game?

I actually just got my first fake retro game from GS as well, Crusader of Centy. Board was just one of those generic programmable ROMs. Didn't even have a save chip/battery.

The chef's kiss is they won't let me return it because I opened it to verify it was fake. They claim they consider cartridge game returns the same as accessories and opening it voids any warranty. That's what I get for being honest as to why I was returning it.

I've bough tons of retros from them before and never gotten a fake until now, and based on not being able to return this one I'll never buy another one.

I actually just got my first fake retro game from GS as well, Crusader of Centy. Board was just one of those generic programmable ROMs. Didn't even have a save chip/battery.

The chef's kiss is they won't let me return it because I opened it to verify it was fake. They claim they consider cartridge game returns the same as accessories and opening it voids any warranty. That's what I get for being honest as to why I was returning it.

I've bough tons of retros from them before and never gotten a fake until now, and based on not being able to return this one I'll never buy another one.
Then how else can you be 100% sure it's fake? Sure the label can be telling, but I always open them up to double-check. Idiots.

If they won't take mine back, I'll open up a dispute and send them my pics.

It sounds like you don't have another store in the area? You can return by mail. Never done it before, but I think people have posted here that it does take awhile for the refund to come through.

Then how else can you be 100% sure it's fake? Sure the label can be telling, but I always open them up to double-check. Idiots.

If they won't take mine back, I'll open up a dispute and send them my pics.
Just don't tell them you opened it, that's where I apparently screwed up. The problem is it's just going to go back into inventory and recirculate out to the next person to buy it, and they may not know to check the board out. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back