2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, Wish me luck. About to place another big ass order from gamestop online so I'm ready for another rick roll.

I placed an order back in early june when GS had a 50% off of $20 i think sale so I loaded up and grabbed 32 games. About 12 came with cases and the rest might as well came in a zip-lock bag. Not my first rodeo, so I took my bad games to a bunch of GS around Denver to hunt down cases and I had some fun with that.

One store, when I asked if i can exchange the busted copies of the games I bought online and the worker looked at me like I asked when his daughter turns 18. Also, somehow no cases for the games.

2nd store, the manager was working and he was cool af. One case (Dead rising 4) and printed out locations of all the other GS that had my games in stock. 

3rd store and my home store, the manager was having a bad week and flat out told me no, because he was "having a bad week" and because "if we took your no case games in, then we would just be passing the problem onto someone else". Lol ok. 

Anyways, not here to moan about GS, but overall i'm happy with my cheap games and got 25 games in my cart right now ready to see if i have better luck this time. I think someone in this thread posted a guy on esty.com that makes cover art for games with the cases? I'll try to find it again. 

Welp, Wish me luck. About to place another big ass order from gamestop online so I'm ready for another rick roll.

I placed an order back in early june when GS had a 50% off of $20 i think sale so I loaded up and grabbed 32 games. About 12 came with cases and the rest might as well came in a zip-lock bag. Not my first rodeo, so I took my bad games to a bunch of GS around Denver to hunt down cases and I had some fun with that.

One store, when I asked if i can exchange the busted copies of the games I bought online and the worker looked at me like I asked when his daughter turns 18. Also, somehow no cases for the games.

2nd store, the manager was working and he was cool af. One case (Dead rising 4) and printed out locations of all the other GS that had my games in stock.

3rd store and my home store, the manager was having a bad week and flat out told me no, because he was "having a bad week" and because "if we took your no case games in, then we would just be passing the problem onto someone else". Lol ok.

Anyways, not here to moan about GS, but overall i'm happy with my cheap games and got 25 games in my cart right now ready to see if i have better luck this time. I think someone in this thread posted a guy on esty.com that makes cover art for games with the cases? I'll try to find it again.

2nd store, the manager was working and he was cool af. One case (Dead rising 4) and printed out locations of all the other GS that had my games in stock.

This is annoying.  I'm responding to Waterdrew, yet this system is forcing a response to my own post.  Disregard the ".." posts.  Grrr....

@Waterdrew

Bizarre!

I don't know if it helps you out, but I keep a bag with all the GS cheap cases inside; I just throw it in my trunk.  GS employee's used to just give me the case and artwork..  it's kind of skittish now because of CV19.  Recently, an employee raised a stink, but I offered to just swap their original artwork label for my shitty GS one (hence the bag in my trunk), so they wouldn't have to sanitize / make-up a new case.  They were OK with that.  I was super OK.

Well, I got that $10 reward, and it is "in store only" BS.

Since I just bought a Switch, I'm debating going to a store to pick Mario + Rabbids with the $10 and with the $5 monthly either eShop credit or use it to pay for shipping of stuff that isn't in stock nearby.

I forget, does the extra $5 on switch titles usually stack with the extra 20-30% for preorders (e.g. on top of the base x 20-30%)?
No, neither does “guaranteed 30” if the TIV is lower ... promos do not stack.

Also, prestige day percentage promos stack, but pro day percentage promos do not.

With that said...anything could change like how the bump just lasted an extra day...

I'll keep an eye out for the $10 for $60 cert, but it still isn't here as of this morning. I spent $200 during the eligibility period so I'm pretty sure I hit the criteria.

Is anyone else having trouble with the online-eligible reward certs? I redeemed two a few months ago and I can't use them for anything ("coupon cannot be added to cart"). Toys, sale items, non-sale items...nothing works. I thought it was a glitch as part of the COVID madness, but I just redeemed another one last week and it's still giving me guff. Just want to see if anyone else had this experience before I brave a CS call where I try to reclaim 4 different certs.

New website search results converts back to the old if you change the url slightly for price (incase you liked the old one). Ready for some amazing pro-day sales with no pre-owned stock!

Mario + Rabbids & Ass's Creed at sale price finally
Rabbbbids!

Well, I got that $10 reward, and it is "in store only" BS.
I added the $10 cert to wallet (to scan instore) and website cart... Did a BOPIS to qualify incase that mattered.

I was able to use my $10 reward on GoT, also used my $5 monthly cert...played about half an hour or so last night and it was pretty damn good.

Saw some other folks mentioned it, but I did see the sign for Pro Day this weekend and said to myself "time to get disappointed again!"

Nioh 2, Death Stranding, Dreams, Days Gone all available for $9 in flash sale at the moment.  Might not stay that way - GS made Games of Play titles ineligible to their promos after a couple of days.

Nioh 2, Death Stranding, Dreams, Days Gone all available for $9 in flash sale at the moment. Might not stay that way - GS made Games of Play titles ineligible to their promos after a couple of days.
Where was this $9? I see $19.99 through GS but I’m curious if it is lower is there something that someone was able to do to get it cheaper? Doesn’t seem to allow In-Store pick-up which kills the deal with shipping.

Have to spend 100 right?
Yes, you have to spend $100. I went ahead and got Doom Eternal, the two Assassin’s Creed Switch games, Days Gone, Death Stranding and Nioh 2 for $63 after taxes. It’s hard to say no to buying games at 1/4 their normal price. I’ve already beaten and traded in Doom Eternal, but $14 is a good get with DLC coming out soon.

Placed an order at 9:02pm EST Saturday night for a Ring Fit in store pick up. Order date in the email says 8/8, order date online says 8/9. Called around 10:30 am to get my $10 coupon since I figure it's not coming given the date discrepancy. Guy was friendly, understood and knew about the promo, was typing the whole time, but apparently didn't have access to grant points or give the coupon, something to do with it being online, yadda, so he transferred to the online order dept around 21 minutes. Online order dept did not seem to know about the promo, but understood and handled it pretty quickly with 10,000 points applied. Total time 31:06.

Considering Nioh 2, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Dreams, Doom Eternal, and a filler Wii U game for $66. I doubt those would be cheaper for BF...just worried about them having generic cases.

Tempted to order 2x Doom to flip, but I know the value is going to drop as soon as I do.

Has anyone used the $10 coupon towards eshop/Xbox credit?

Hellblade, Doom Eternal, Nioh 2, Days Gone and Dreams for $22 after my TIC was exhausted ($58 w/o tax total).

I traded in Doom and Days Gone for a lot more than I just bought them for...so I'm happy there!

Awesome promo. Picked up :ps4: death stranding, nioh 2, doom eternal, days gone and :3ds: mario kart 7 (awesome local multiplayer with the kids) and mario tennis open. Total was $72 after taxes!

damn, they got me, death stranding, nioh 2, doom eternal, days gone, dreams and just deal with it all for ps4 for $58. already played through days gone and death stranding but traded them both in with the intention of buying back for less to finish up the trophies, seems like that worked out well.

Aye, I like it when GS has a sales promotion concurrent with a trade promotion.  Bless their souls.  I needed credit for Pikmin 3 Deluxe, and GS delivered! (and then some..) :switch: :whee: :switch:

damn, they got me, death stranding, nioh 2, doom eternal, days gone, dreams and just deal with it all for ps4 for $58. already played through days gone and death stranding but traded them both in with the intention of buying back for less to finish up the trophies, seems like that worked out well.
Not bad at all for those games.

Langrisser I & II is currently $36.97. Is that a good deal? Been wanting to try this game out.
Not sure how good the game is, but that's a pretty good deal. $37 for a new NIS game that came out a few months ago. It's more likely to sell out than price drop again (at least on switch).

What I THINK he means is that there is a 20% bonus for preorders as well as the $5 extra TIC for switch games...all in addition to the 50% flash sale so there could be money to be made (haven't checked myself honestly)
Gotcha. I will run some numbers. Does the $5 and the pre order trade bonus stack or are they one or the other?

Gotcha. I will run some numbers. Does the $5 and the pre order trade bonus stack or are they one or the other?
I could be wrong, but I feel like it has stacked in the past. Unfortunately I didn't see any great flip potential doing a quick skim myself. I also unfortunately have nothing I want to get rid of for Switch. Would love to get Paper Mario on the cheap though!

For online orders, is the return window from the date they ship it or from when you receive it? I got my replacement orders- but only got AC New Horizons (paid full price for it) and got a giftcard for the discounted game (YS VIII, since it's OOS now), which is not worth it since I'm basically paying full price for AC in this case. Would rather just return it. 

One or the other. Trade promos do not stack
Unless you add a little piggy pc accessory for an extra 10%!! :whee:

For online orders, is the return window from the date they ship it or from when you receive it? I got my replacement orders- but only got AC New Horizons (paid full price for it) and got a giftcard for the discounted game (YS VIII, since it's OOS now), which is not worth it since I'm basically paying full price for AC in this case. Would rather just return it.
All of my local stores don't even check the date anymore, half the time they don't do the correct procedure to input a online order return and just hand you cash even if you used trade card.

So with Awaiting Carrier Pickup orders, what is everyone's luck getting those items and or getting replacements. I ordered a bunch of 3ds games last week and I'm curious how other's orders went. I know people have been posting about getting their orders a month or so late but I would like to expedite this process. Anyone got any tips?

So with Awaiting Carrier Pickup orders, what is everyone's luck getting those items and or getting replacements. I ordered a bunch of 3ds games last week and I'm curious how other's orders went. I know people have been posting about getting their orders a month or so late but I would like to expedite this process. Anyone got any tips?
Their innovations shipping has taken a month for me on a few different orders. Recently received a July 6th order. Just have to wait.

On the positive side, my Nioh 2 shipped from the warehouse via Fedex yesterday, so maybe they're realizing it is a terrible choice.

I stopped paying it much attention but I had been getting my stuff in under a week. The biggest delay I have noticed was a local fulfillment that shipped usps and took like a week from about 20 minutes away. I think every other order has been ups and the only delay had been an order from CA that got hung up going through Chicago; but that was only like 2 days later then initial estimate. Most orders seem to ship same day for morning orders and next day for evening (nothing from warehouse for me yet).

Edit: Just pulled my order Hx. My 8/9 order is in 2 shipments. The UPS shipment label created 8/9 and at carrier facility 8/10, arrives tomorrow. The other one is usps and says awaiting package. My 7/30 order portion that came usps says pre shipment info received 8/3, shipment received 8/4, and was delivered 8/7 (from about a 20 minute drive). I have ordered from every 50% off sale for at least a few months and I have not seen the crazy turnaround and issues reported by others. I did have one game mix-up where I received something I did not order in place of something I ordered.

Nothing you can do to expedite the process at this point. It'll come, it will just take a while. I've had both good and bad luck with their free value shipping, but if you want to expedite it for your NEXT order, choose the $1.99 shipping option

Ah I guess we'll have to wait. I've gotten 7/12 of my 3ds games so far. And I tried to cancel 2 orders with retro games since they've been awaiting pickup for so long but apparently they can't cancel if it's marked "shipped". Annoying. But we'll see what happens they've already charged me for all these orders too.

Btw, ordered 2 copies of Langrisser at Best Buy and they PM'd Gamestop. I would just order from Gamestop but my luck with "new" games has been pretty shit lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back