2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed Wonderful 101. I'm sure it'll be cheaper at some point but I also don't have as good of a finger on the pulse as I used to and don't know the size of the print run.
Grabbed wonderful 101 and children of morta (not on sale but had been sitting in my cart for a month or so for when I order something else to get free shipping). Bought wonderful 101 for pretty much the same reason and always wanted to play it.

Debated grabbing Doom Eternal but figured I could get it for $20 or less around black Friday

This was a solid pro day. I renewed pro membership and got the $5 off coupon at the bottom of my receipt. I picked up :ps4: gta v premium for $15 and used a $10 cert from spending $60 recently. I brought 2 sets of b2g1 :ps4: games without a hitch as the associate just made 2 games free. Also picked up 4 games for $30 deal.
Finally, I put down $150 towards an anime statue pre-order that I will promptly move over to a ps5 pre-order whenever they go live.
The 4 $15 games for $30 is still going on? I asked today and they said it was over.

I had no desire to renew my membership, and let it expire, as I mostly used it for last gen stuff. And they're not really taking them in anymore. I was going around for some $15 games for the 4 for 30 sale. They kept telling me that i could get the $10 if I renewed and I always countered with "If i found something worth using it on, i would, otherwise, no thanks.

Then i actually came across something I could use it on, as a store ended up having a CIB Fragile Dreams for Wii, for $35. So I renewed on the spot, used points to renew and got an extra $10 off the game.

The in-store flyer I got shows 5k instead of 10.
Got in just before closing...my in-door flyer shows 10k for renewing and there was a $5 code that printed out on my receipt as well. The $15 renewal was the only thing on my receipt so I don't know if GS glitched and gave random people the $5 for spending $60 even if they didn't spend $60 or if the $5 was related to the renewal.

Interested to see if the 10k points actually shows up in my account. Almost too good to be true.

Got in just before closing...my in-door flyer shows 10k for renewing and there was a $5 code that printed out on my receipt as well. The $15 renewal was the only thing on my receipt so I don't know if GS glitched and gave random people the $5 for spending $60 even if they didn't spend $60 or if the $5 was related to the renewal.

Interested to see if the 10k points actually shows up in my account. Almost too good to be true.
The $5 code is for renewing. The spend $60+ gets you $5 off that purchase not a cert or 5,000 points.

I've been having a heck of a time finding variable steam gift cards (i.e. the $10 - $xx amount cards). Was using my $5 monthly PUR coupon on them, but have gone to 3-4 stores and none of them have had them. Anybody else see this?

Anyone know if 3DS games are getting bumps? I found an extra zelda oot and it is showing $11tiv, trying to decide if I should trade or wait...

Wow, their Fall sale seems a lot better than what Pro day had to offer.

50% off games priced at $19.99 and under when you buy 5 or more, and this includes the ps4 games that are already discounted like nioh 2, death stranding, etc.

I've been having a heck of a time finding variable steam gift cards (i.e. the $10 - $xx amount cards). Was using my $5 monthly PUR coupon on them, but have gone to 3-4 stores and none of them have had them. Anybody else see this?
I see the same thing at most of NYC stores with $20 steam cards being the lowest normally. I happened to find a stack of them in a store I usually don't go to. Hopefully they have them there next month.

Anyone know if 3DS games are getting bumps? I found an extra zelda oot and it is showing $11tiv, trying to decide if I should trade or wait...
Mario and Luigi Dream Team got bumped from I believe 7 to 12, but that’s my only 3DS game that bumped. I don’t have OoT on my list though, so not sure about that.

Edit: Samus Returns bumped a couple bucks, as well. Samus and Dream Team are both at higher values now than the stealth bump a couple weeks ago.

Even some Wii U games joining the party. The previous gen games haven't been a part of the +5 bonuses for many months, so bumps + 20% preorder bonus will probably be the best you'll be able to do.

Flippable Switch games $19.99 and under with a TIV of $10:

Rayman Legends

MudRunner

Mega Man 11

Hello Neighbor

Forager ($9)

All are currently in stock online with the exception of Forager. If you have already locked in your purchases and holds, do everyone a favor and share your finds.

Anyone have issues with the Gamestop's multiple promos choosing the worst option?

I am trying to get the 50% off 5, but it applies the 4 for $30 to some of the items.

Same here. Still trying to figure why I got an extra $10 of MLB 20 The show specially now that I got the 10k points.
Maybe you still had the $10 for spending $60 a week or so ago? I did my normal online+in-store redemption several days apart.

Hopefully with the reset to $19.99 it'll ramp up to $34.99 by the end of the week! :beer:

Maybe you still had the $10 for spending $60 a week or so ago? I did my normal online+in-store redemption several days apart.
No, I posted my a bit back that I used my $10 for spending $60 on Maneater. My receipt says MLB was $14.99 and below it says -15.00 promo #25106. MLB was supposed to be $24.99.

No, I posted my a bit back that I used my $10 for spending $60 on Maneater. My receipt says MLB was $14.99 and below it says -15.00 promo #25106. MLB was supposed to be $24.99.
Maneater was used? When was this? There was a percentage off promo based on how much you spent at the beginning of the week.

Maneater was used? When was this? There was a percentage off promo based on how much you spent at the beginning of the week.
This was yesterday on Pro Day both games were new, Maneater was the last open copy though.
Here is my receipt, it shows the $10 off Maneater that was the $10 reward for spending $60. I had no other rewards in my active offers.
[attachment=34461:20200816_172644.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

I had the chance to go to my home store today and trade a few games. I had already renewed my PUR membership online for $15 last night and got 5,300 points total for it. I bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider and pre-ordered Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 for XB1.

Point of interest: I asked if I had my $5 monthly cert (knowing full well I do, sleep deprivation is something else) and the guy helping said yes. I'm thinking about it knocking $5 off the price of Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Oddly enough he was able to apply to my pre-order of Tony Hawk, needless to say I was shocked. I can only guess that this is possibly a wild fluke. Anytime someone here asks about using the monthly fiver for a pre-order deposit, the answer is typically no dice.

Seems like a slow day on this thread
Everything is on mail order, these days. My local stores don't participate in store pickup. So it's Slllooowww....

This week will be good too, but it's a boomerang that takes 2-7 days to realize.

Don't forget, you get 4x points for buying online. Points add up, nicely.

So, does anyone know if the extra 30% pro trade towards Madden21 stacks with the $5 switch boost offer?

For Example Mario Rabbids would be netting $20.60 ??

So, does anyone know if the extra 30% pro trade towards Madden21 stacks with the $5 switch boost offer?

For Example Mario Rabbids would be netting $20.60 ??
No. Promos don't stack. The 20% bump for Madden overrode the $5 bump for Switch games when I traded stuff in yesterday. Had to do 2 trades to get the right bumps.

Values dropped today for some games that were worth boomeranging (FIFA, WWE, GTAV, Breakpoint).

Did in fact get 10,000 points for renewing yesterday, instead of the 5,000 that was in some of the ads.
Is this some new offer..? I renewed like 2 months ago but didn't realize they did promos for people who renewed. Had I known, I would have waited for some renewal offer.

Did anyone get their $10 game coin in active offers for preordering and paying off madden 21/nba 2k21 on pro day? It says it supposed to be in my active offers within 48 hours of purchase

Did anyone get their $10 game coin in active offers for preordering and paying off madden 21/nba 2k21 on pro day? It says it supposed to be in my active offers within 48 hours of purchase
I always assume these will be deposited within 48 hours after the game releases

I think the 4x points on online purchases was just for Pro day.
My last purchase was on Pro Day, but my subsequent purchases over the past month were all 4X bonus for online orders. (*)

(*) Points are strange in GS land, however. When a single order gets broken up into multiple shipments, I seem to only get 4X points for orders that ship the day that the first order goes out - if other shipments go out that day (still part of the same order), I get 4X for them as well.

However, when it goes to "Partial Shipment sent", on day 2+, I don't usually get point adjustments for the remaining packages.

The other game packages that get delayed a day, or two (still same order), GS seems to forget about adding any additional points. If points do change for a specific transaction, they never correlate to anything I can explain - sometimes they go up, sometimes down).

I think on average I've only gotten like 3X points for online orders over the past month, upon reflection.

I've tried making smaller orders, to maximize points [one or two potential shipments, not 4+, etc]. It seems to work better. Maybe up to 3.5X points. If none of this makes sense to anyone don't worry. It's just min / maxing nerdy talk on my part.

addendum:

But as example, to be clear, if I spend $100, and everything is shipped the same day, I'll get 4k points. I'm likely ordering oddball stuff from all over the country to screw it all up.

Dangit, of COURSE now that it's updated to $29.99 the one item I'd really want for that price is now sold out. Ah well, saving me some money, I guess.

My 50% off order came in. I had already found a couple of the games at Walmart on clearance on the meantime (Yakuza 6, Everybody’s Golf) so I’ll be returning those. I got:

Wolfenstein Youngblood CIB
Collection of Mana CIB
Everybody’s Golf CIB
Monster Hunter World (XB1, generic case)
Yakuza 6 (generic case)
Shining Resonance Refrain (Switch, generic case sadly)

Between these sales and the Walmart clearance I have way too many games now lol but my collection is built up nicely. I also found a CIB copy of SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked at my local store yesterday so that was nice.

Dangit, of COURSE now that it's updated to $29.99 the one item I'd really want for that price is now sold out. Ah well, saving me some money, I guess.
It was me that got the Skyward Sword!!! (No clue if that is really in demand, but missing from my Zelda cubby :) )to be honest, now I would love a “buy $30 new get 50% off preowned” promo again.

It was me that got the Skyward Sword!!! (No clue if that is really in demand, but missing from my Zelda cubby :) )to be honest, now I would love a “buy $30 new get 50% off preowned” promo again.
they always come up short on your demands with a b1g30%. knowing them, it'll hit 50% by friday.

• some weekly sale games are no longer apart of the 50% deal, including fifa, breakpoint, rainbow six siege, wwe, gtav, bioshock (curiously, not the division 2)
  • some switch games have gone up in price 19.99>24.99, 24.99>27.99
  • trade values are still holding

My whole 50% off order came in the other day complete in box. Crash Team Racing had the redbox seal on it and came complete in box. Never seen that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back