2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know whether Game Coin is good for use on Xbox currency? I traded some games and pre-ordered Madden for the bonus, was just going to cancel later this week but sounds like paying it off in full and doing a G2L return would work better.

I did a trade today and surprisingly it is still active. I did have to trade it separately from my preorder because once two more games were added, the promo switched to 20% instead. Another flaw in the POS.
It's supposed to give you the "better overall" deal. Basically if your total bonus is higher with the 20% over the $5, the POS switches deals for everything. If it's making it less overall, I've never seen that. That would really suck.

PSA: Certs redeemed now seem to expire Aug 30th so unless you know exactly what you want don’t redeem any points until next month! (Any $10 coupons for spending $60 also expires soon - also double dippable)

[quote name="Davem" post="14316517" timestamp="1598385078"]

PSA: Certs redeemed now seem to expire Aug 30th so unless you know exactly what you want don’t redeem any points until next month! (Any $10 coupons for spending $60 also expires soon - also double dippable)[/quote]
Could you let us know when the new certs expire? I want to get certs valid in November as soon as possible to cash my rewards in toward the new consoles, my likely last major purchase with GameStop.

[quote name="Gamingsincetheseventies" post="14316512" timestamp="1598383992"]

For those who want to take advantage of this flip sooner, ps4 and xbone versions are 9.99 at walmart also.[/quote]
Edit: Nevermind, used Walmart.com and did a free store pickup. Nice to have a laptop now (never owned one pre lockdown.)

[quote name="andrew128" post="14316077" timestamp="1598197703"]

What’s up with some of my major games not coming up for trade ins? Got Rage 2 and Wolfenstein 2 for example.

I guess if anyone wants those on PS4, I have them and can trade. [/quote]
Wolfenstein 2 has been untradeable for awhile now. GS is concentrating on games released in 2018 forward unless it's a "top 50" title like a Ghost Recon or CoD. On Rage 2, I guess they have enough copies that even though it's a 2019 release they can't make enough money on reselling it or demand is too low on used copies of it?

[quote name="coolduck" post="14316130" timestamp="1598217245"]

last i checked you cant buy digital copies of games from GS anymore [/quote]
That only applies to Sony, and that's for all retailers. All retailers can sell are currency/PS Plus cards or DLC cards, not full games. You can still buy full game downloads on XBox, Nintendo, or Steam if they are in the GS system/popular enough title.

[quote name="Ando" post="14316122" timestamp="1598214171"]

Probably a dumb question, but do the trade in deals apply to digital copies of games? Like Madden 21?[/quote]
Unless something in the GS system has changed, no.

For someone that's been a member for 14 years, you would think you'd know how to multi-quote, so you don't have to spam the thread with 5 posts in a row. I'm guessing you do it to inflate your post count.

For someone that's been a member for 14 years, you would think you'd know how to multi-quote, so you don't have to spam the thread with 5 posts in a row. I'm guessing you do it to inflate your post count.
I've been visiting family in an area with no broadband for a week, and was browsing the last two pages just today. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: While it isn't an issue now that I'm back on my laptop, the mobile version of the site does not offer multiquote.

I've noticed that some GS stores with barely any game inventory left is trying a new strategy to make it looks like their shelves aren't bare. Instead of displaying games by their spines they are now displaying games with the front cover face up so they take up more space. It doesn't hide the fact that there's still barely anything left, however... I also tried to trade something in to a store with barely any inventory but the employee tried to give me a refurbishing fee because he claimed there was a mark on the disc that I couldn't even see but he swore makes it unplayable (even though I told him I beat it and he could boot it up himself to check, so he basically called me a liar). I ended up just grabbing my trades before he could check the others and taking it to another store and they checked it and saw no problem. No refurb fees and they even commented on how good the condition of the games look compared to what usually comes by. Bizarre, to say the least.

This raises the question... Should stores really be driving away trade ins if they're low in inventory, and do they not get COL points or whatever for trade-ins anymore or do only GPGs and pre-orders count now? Because I don't see any local stores pushing trades like they used to be are being hardcore about GPGs and pre-orders to the point where it's... ridiculous. I also can't understand why an employee would make up a phantom reason for trying to refurb a trade. Maybe petty revenge for not buying warranties?
If I remember correctly, they are ranked now on preorders, pro subscriptions, GPG, PRG, & WIS. Stores are supposed to send all systems/tech, and anything else "they don't think they can clean themselves" to corporate so maybe that store in your example is sending EVERY game trade they get to corporate and is looking for any excuse they can find to mark it as defective so they don't have to manually defect the games after you leave?

I'm overall incredibly happy with the promotion and sale over the past 2 weeks.  The last replacement games are arriving.

Be safe. :wave:

PSA: Certs redeemed now seem to expire Aug 30th so unless you know exactly what you want don’t redeem any points until next month! (Any $10 coupons for spending $60 also expires soon - also double dippable)
Thank you, you wonderful person... I hate that they don't tell when the coupon expires BEFORE you buy it. I used to think it was end of every quarter and almost bought one last week. Glad I did not.

tl;dr (for anyone who doesn't want to watch the annoying guy in the video):

He has 919,750 PUR points, spent over 35K at GS in just a few months and wants to try to work around the system to redeem more than one certificate a day. If he's buying and reselling so much though it seems foolish to call up GS and basically alert them to the fact that you're taking advantage since isn't reselling against the PUR Pro TOS?

Not to mention, he's ordered THOUSANDS of games from them and admitted he doesn't have time to test them all to the people he sells them to on Amazon... Seems like a recipe for disaster as we all know GS sends out many defective games, even ones that sometimes look good (Wii U discs, I'm looking at you!).

Does anyone in here do business with GS on his scale? And can he really make a full time living just flipping GS games to people online, especially since the insane Covid prices for game resale is going down compared to what it was a few months ago?
For someone who spent all that money at Gamestop he acts like he has no idea how they operate. Sorry man, you might have to visit a few stores to use those certs.

I think you can make some money from doing this, but there is a limit and it won't last forever. A nice side hustle perhaps.

Once $5 pro cert or $10 cert for spending $60 are used in store they are gone right? Use once online then once in store is what this is referring to? Seen this mentioned but never tried it.

https://youtu.be/cwZBZTyCH8M

He has 919,750 PUR points, spent over 35K at GS in just a few months and wants to try to work around the system to redeem more than one certificate a day. If he's buying and reselling so much though it seems foolish to call up GS and basically alert them to the fact that you're taking advantage since isn't reselling against the PUR Pro TOS?

Not to mention, he's ordered THOUSANDS of games from them and admitted he doesn't have time to test them all to the people he sells them to on Amazon... Seems like a recipe for disaster as we all know GS sends out many defective games, even ones that sometimes look good (Wii U discs, I'm looking at you!).

Does anyone in here do business with GS on his scale? And can he really make a full time living just flipping GS games to people online, especially since the insane Covid prices for game resale is going down compared to what it was a few months ago?

And this is off-topic... But why does that guy's personality (and even the way he looks) annoy me so much? Kind of similar to Camelot, something about those guys just rub me the wrong way...
I think if you do it to this scale, you can make somewhat of a "living". I wouldn't be surprised if he nets $100+ a day, but obviously it would help if he is on his significant other's health insurance. That also being said once video game demand and GameStop supply die down, it'd be interesting to see how long be can make it last.

I've watched a few of his videos and don't really have an issue with him, other than his Amazon profits seem really sketchy. He'll claim he's selling old school 3DS's on Amazon for $230, pokemon ranger for $75, etc. These are on eBay for like half those prices. Either he is lying or Amazon buyers are really really dumb and don't know how to shop around.

https://youtu.be/cwZBZTyCH8M

And this is off-topic... But why does that guy's personality (and even the way he looks) annoy me so much? Kind of similar to Camelot, something about those guys just rub me the wrong way...
I know the video, watched it the other day.

I'm left thinking that with all the time he spent making the video, staying on hold, editing the video, looking for attention .. he could just have been cashing out 3 certs per day, $50, $25, $15, and dumping them as he sees fit (IN STORE). Maybe the 2 higher ones for a new JoyCon set (which stores around me have in stock), the $15 for a freakin' Amiibo.

He says he's a reseller and is trying to maximize profit ... umm wasting time on hold isn't helping your profit margin; try a different angle. He's looking like more of a novice than myself. Plus he didn't know online certs are broken .. they've been broken for a very long time. I guess he doesn't read CAG O:)

10 days @ 90K points per day, spent IN-STORE, and done. But the video needed views, so....

Could you let us know when the new certs expire? I want to get certs valid in November as soon as possible to cash my rewards in toward the new consoles, my likely last major purchase with GameStop.
I think the usual block of time is 3 months, so you should be safe buying certs in september to use in november.

I think you can make some money from doing this, but there is a limit and it won't last forever. A nice side hustle perhaps.
Yea, I like to consistency of a boring-ass job with set hours and benefits. Surely not as exciting as alleviating grandmas at yard sales of semi-valuable items to flip on ebay, but if he can scale up to the point of automated buying/selling scripts and employ some cheap labor to sort and pack stuff might be a business someday! I can't imaging needing to manually scroll thru GS's website for pages on end to compare to amazon used prices.

Once $5 pro cert or $10 cert for spending $60 are used in store they are gone right? Use once online then once in store is what this is referring to? Seen this mentioned but never tried it.
I mentioned it before, but copy all your cert codes down in a text file or just add to your cart on the first of the month. Doesn't matter the order you use it in but once you use your certs in-store they disappear from your active offers :razz:

Why is this thread so obsessed with Youtubers?
That's just where we are now culturally. My kids like to pretend they have their own youtube shows. My son likes to be a "let's play"er when playing games and my daughter likes to use the mirror for "how to" videos (like explaining how to brush your teeth, stuff like that)

Why is this thread so obsessed with Youtubers?
I don't know how you jumped to describing the thread as obsessed. The last one I remember was the hullabaloo about Gamestops closing all over, the sky is falling. This got posted by a two day old account, whose other post here was criticizing the way his store stocks its shelves and going to multiple stores to avoid refurb charges. Just another satisfied GS customer.

Do you mean "dead" in that it's back to $20 on Amazon? 'cause the trade value is still $17 base for me according to the site.
Yes getting the Ps4 version for $9.99 is dead. The minute Walmart was out of stock online, they jacked the price in store back to $33, and Amazon jacked to $20. It is still trading in at Gamestop for $17 , if you can find it cheap.

I'm not commenting on people watching or liking YouTube content producers generally. More to this GameStop thread finding any bit of relevance in YouTuber clickbait and rumor mongering.

You don't see other threads derailing about some shmoe's "GameStop KAREN makes $100 a DAY!?!!??! GS finna be BANKRUPT!!!1! [emoji23]" vid.

Back to hiding.

That's just where we are now culturally. My kids like to pretend they have their own youtube shows. My son likes to be a "let's play"er when playing games and my daughter likes to use the mirror for "how to" videos (like explaining how to brush your teeth, stuff like that)
Yea, my sons do the same thing. I look at the iPad photos and its mostly him recording himself talking to an audience about random topics like minecraft/beyblades/pokemon. :oldman:

On-topic, with almost all the recent promos / DotD being in-compatible with CAG16... I'm not even sure when the last time I was actually able to use it during a sale? Has anyone?

I think if you do it to this scale, you can make somewhat of a "living". I wouldn't be surprised if he nets $100+ a day, but obviously it would help if he is on his significant other's health insurance. That also being said once video game demand and GameStop supply die down, it'd be interesting to see how long be can make it last.

I've watched a few of his videos and don't really have an issue with him, other than his Amazon profits seem really sketchy. He'll claim he's selling old school 3DS's on Amazon for $230, pokemon ranger for $75, etc. These are on eBay for like half those prices. Either he is lying or Amazon buyers are really really dumb and don't know how to shop around.
I watch Chase After the Right Price on YT, and sell a bit on the side myself when I go down to see my family b/c the pawnshops there always have flippable stuff for dirt cheap, and Amazon almost always sells at a higher price then EBay. It's worth the extra fees and delayed payment since I'm not a "professional" account to deal with FAR less issues on Amazon historically (8 years selling on the side on Amazon) for me vs. EBay.

All I use EBay for is to sell stuff that doesn't have a retail Amazon listing or individuals are restricted from selling, like Magic single cards or non-retail collectibles/pre order bonuses. Also occasionally something like a Target/Best Buy exclusive version of a movie.

I'm not commenting on people watching or liking YouTube content producers generally. More to this GameStop thread finding any bit of relevance in YouTuber clickbait and rumor mongering.

You don't see other threads derailing about some shmoe's "GameStop KAREN makes $100 a DAY!?!!??! GS finna be BANKRUPT!!!1! [emoji23]" vid.

Back to hiding.
People watch videos trashing on GameStop the same way people watch political commentators. They like to get riled up over other people's negative experiences to fuel their own anger about their grievances, I guess people just like the comraderie. I personally can't stand any of these people, or the whole narcissistic, social media "Hey, look at me!" culture. I especially don't feel bad about people violating the Terms of Service and then whining about it on YouTube for attention, complete with clickbait titles and images, and of course ads on the video so they can profit on the video too. Why support this sleeze? I come here to find out about deals I may have missed, especially now that there is no Price Drop search on the GameStop website.

Yea, my sons do the same thing. I look at the iPad photos and its mostly him recording himself talking to an audience about random topics like minecraft/beyblades/pokemon. :oldman:

On-topic, with almost all the recent promos / DotD being in-compatible with CAG16... I'm not even sure when the last time I was actually able to use it during a sale? Has anyone?
Been a long time since cag16 or even the $5 monthly cert applied to the dotd sadly.

The video was at least on-topic, especially since there's no notable flips, trade-ins, deals, etc. right now. At least it wasn't Camelot. It is kind of sad that Camelot has run out of content so he's resorted to literally reading obviously fake Reddit comments about GS employees (obviously made up larps) experiences with bad customers and employees and whatnot. But even we have to be honest and admit that Camelot has done some noteworthy and interesting content such as when he snuck onto the conference calla and posted it.

So does anyone think that GS is actually going to do an extra $5 on non Switch games again? I noticed that Xbox One games literally do not seem to move from their stores at all. Even popular titles can take awhile to sell it seems compared to Switch games, which fly off the shelves. PS4 games seem to be a mix of some games taking months to sell (niche stuff) while popular games also seem to go quick... What does that mean? Maybe GS only wants Switch trade-ins for now to maximize profit as quickly as possible... meaning probably no extra $5 bonus for Xbox or PS games anytime soon except maybe sparingly when their shelves get too barren. And remember folks, last time it was on games $3 and over instead of the usual $2 which was sad.

I also found it interesting that I went into an urban store recently that I normally don't travel to and there was a recording that would play about being recorded and on camera as well as signs that console serial numbers are tracked when you trade them in all over the store. Almost every single game was also in a generic case, including many of the games in the "new" section. It's really interesting to see games in beat up generic cases with "new" stickers on them, but I asked the employee and they claimed that people walk out all the time with their display cases.

And CAG16, $5 monthly coupon, etc. stacking with promotions anytime soon again? Expect it? Don't. Will it stack again? Maybe. Has it in months? No. Does it hurt the "value" of the PUR Pro program considering the $5 coupon barely works with anything at all? In the consumer's opinion, yes.
FIFY. Your posts are more tolerable when you don’t spam the return/enter bar in between paragraphs.

I watch Chase After the Right Price on YT, and sell a bit on the side myself when I go down to see my family b/c the pawnshops there always have flippable stuff for dirt cheap, and Amazon almost always sells at a higher price then EBay. It's worth the extra fees and delayed payment since I'm not a "professional" account to deal with FAR less issues on Amazon historically (8 years selling on the side on Amazon) for me vs. EBay.

All I use EBay for is to sell stuff that doesn't have a retail Amazon listing or individuals are restricted from selling, like Magic single cards or non-retail collectibles/pre order bonuses. Also occasionally something like a Target/Best Buy exclusive version of a movie.
Yeah, you can charge more on FBA because buyers are willing to pay extra for Prime shipping. On the flip side, Amazon buyers can return for pretty much any reason they want like "purchased by mistake" so you have to take this into account when pricing.

Is the buy 2 games under $9.99 each, get 2 free still going on?
The store I was in yesterday still had the signage up, can't confirm it works at the register though.

On that note, is there a quick, easy way to check pricing on clearance merch while browsing the store? I have noticed some neglect in price updates on some stuff and the walmart price checker in app has spoiled me.

Does madden have G2L?

If so can I just pre order, trade in games For the bonus, pick up play the same and then return Next day for $60?

Is the $60 always trade credit?

Thanks it will be my first time doing G2L

This is super-niche but if anyone's in Orlando, the Walmart on Sand Lake/John Young Parkway has 4 or so more copies of XB1 Farming Simulator 19 (vanilla, not Platinum Edition) in their cabinets on the bottom (the clearance section) for $5.  Can trade next-door at GameStop for $8 base or $10+ with the Pro/Pre-Order bonuses.  It's a very small flip but if you're in the area anyway, why not.

If anyone else wants to check their Wal-Mart's for a similar price: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=670270168

Again I know it's probably not helpful to most anyone, but I do appreciate the deals being posted here and want to contribute if I can.

Guy at a store I visited today mentioned a new promo. If you buy a certain amount of games prior to thanksgiving priced $59.99 or more, you get a $59.99 game for free. First I had heard of it. I wanna say it was 5 games by 11/21 but I can’t promise that. Pro members only. He didn’t have a lot of details FWIW

Guy at a store I visited today mentioned a new promo. If you buy a certain amount of games prior to thanksgiving priced $59.99 or more, you get a $59.99 game for free. First I had heard of it. I wanna say it was 5 games by 11/21 but I can’t promise that. Pro members only. He didn’t have a lot of details FWIW
Ok, so Cyberpunk 2077, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, what other 3 recommended games to meet the 5 game requirement? Trying to think of good upcoming releases that come out before 11/21.

Interesting but I'll believe it when I see advertisement. Considering they're doing the $10 game coin for Madden, NBA, Avengers, and Cyberpunk (I'm sure there will be more), you would end up getting a free game plus $50 in rewards (even better if the 5 games are part of G2L). While that can easily be done via flipping for most of us, it seems unlikely it would be something they would knowingly do for purchases.

I remember doing something like this a few years ago. You had to spend like $40 on figures, trade in games and so on. There were like 4-5 steps to complete. It awarded a 59.99 game at the end.

Interesting but I'll believe it when I see advertisement. Considering they're doing the $10 game coin for Madden, NBA, Avengers, and Cyberpunk (I'm sure there will be more), you would end up getting a free game plus $50 in rewards (even better if the 5 games are part of G2L). While that can easily be done via flipping for most of us, it seems unlikely it would be something they would knowingly do for purchases.
I’m with you, hesitant until I see marketing material. The guy said they just informed them today on a conference call and when someone asked like how they were tracking purchases they really didn’t say much. So we shall see. He said it didn’t have to release in the time frame, just cost $59.99 or more. So Last of Us 2 at full price would work, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back