2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought four Sims 4 (xbox one) to flip

I traded in the 1st and 2nd copies alone at different stores. I traded the 3rd one towards Marvel Avengers with a bunch of other games to get the extra 20%.

However, when trading in the 1st copy I gave the employee my ID and signed the pad. He then starts digging in the cashier for cash and I told him "No I wanted trade credit." He throws away the receipt and I had to give him my ID and sign again for trade credit. So do you think that counted as two trade-ins of that game? Rather not get trade banned

I bought four Sims 4 (xbox one) to flip

I traded in the 1st and 2nd copies alone at different stores. I traded the 3rd one towards Marvel Avengers with a bunch of other games to get the extra 20%.

However, when trading in the 1st copy I gave the employee my ID and signed the pad. He then starts digging in the cashier for cash and I told him "No I wanted trade credit." He throws away the receipt and I had to give him my ID and sign again for trade credit. So do you think that counted as two trade-ins of that game? Rather not get trade banned
He voided the transaction, that's why he asked you for your information again. You should be fine.

short answer yes.

long answer, something IS wrong, pc gets gs fine, phone1 has intermittent trouble, even got the blocked message someone else was posting about, phone2 has zero problems?
Yeah, not sure what's up with the "access denied" messages. Over the last few days when we didn't have power, I was unable to load the site or any personal data through the app while on AT&T LTE data through 4 different devices. Only when we got wifi back was I able to access any part of gamestop.com

Seems to be a problem strictly when accessing it from cell phone networks. Works fine whenever I’m home using WiFi, the minute I’m away and try to access it on my phone (T mobile network- but I don’t think it discriminates) , I get access denied

I had wanted to trade in MInecraft Xbox 360 Edition a couple of months ago, but they weren't taking 360 games then at either of the stores closest to me. The trade-in value got a bump recently (it still shows up at $13.20 as of this writing, which is more than I paid for it several years ago), and I also wanted to use the $5 reward for August, so I went to the store Monday afternoon. I was able to do the trade, so that was good.

I think it had been several weeks since I was last in the store, but the shelves were full in the last-gen sections (small though they were), whereas several weeks ago they were practically empty. I'm not sure if this is an exception, or if stores are gradually building up their stock of last-gen games again. Most of them were in generic cases, of course. I had been able to get most of the games on my wish list earlier in the summer from all the sales, so I ended up just getting the $5 in Xbox Live currency.

Looks like I might be able to use my September reward on a few $2 clearance T-shirts (today's deal of the day).  :rofl:  

“Also, can you purchase Pro online using rewards points? Last time I tried in app, I got an error. And if you can do it, does it take effect immediately? Thanks for any info!

P.S. Can trade credit be used to purchase iTunes? I know gc purchases were blocked/ended long ago, but unsure if iTunes was ever an exception due to being a digital currency that could be used for mobile gaming.”
Msuhitman answered your iTunes question. Don't know about pro online with reward points on the app. App has been wonky as of late with reward points. Maybe try gamestop.com instead. Should be instant. I tend to renew during pro days sales as it comes with added perks like a few weeks ago. Plus it helps your store and the employees.

Also, bump is over.

The September Pro coupons are back to V1, which were for in-store use only. I can't get it to work in cart, so either it's not active in the system yet, or they really did revert back to in-store only.

The September Pro coupons are back to V1, which were for in-store use only. I can't get it to work in cart, so either it's not active in the system yet, or they really did revert back to in-store only.
the monthly pro coupons usually take 24 hours to activate once they are loaded. Every time for the past six months they "show up" on the account on the 31st but don't work until the 2nd or so. I'd give it another 24 hours and see, but it is gamestop so who knows.

on the phone now trying to get my Madden "game coin"...this guy seems clueless...

edit: just got the offer for 10,000 points instead...says i'm the second person he's talked to with this issue....

Looks like Box #30 is available! Not sure what's in that one yet, but did bite on a few clearance t-shirts @ $2 each...

And for anyone still doing some 50% off 29.99 and under when stuff is popping back in-stock.... Galak Z for switch is $4.49 and decent filler to hit 100.

the monthly pro coupons usually take 24 hours to activate once they are loaded. Every time for the past six months they "show up" on the account on the 31st but don't work until the 2nd or so. I'd give it another 24 hours and see, but it is gamestop so who knows.
Agree - definitely remember last few months not working on the cart until a few days later - hopefully it'll still continue to "work²" ! :beer:

Traded in Mario Kart Wii yesterday towards Avengers and got $32.50! Glad I didn't wait until today as the value has dropped again.

Girl at the store was like, I'm putting a note in your file that you can't cancel this preorder since you got such a boost on it. Maybe I need to calm the flipping down a bit...

Doesn't matter too much anyway since I'm going to use the G2L with Avengers and get my game coin bonus.

Is the rewards redemption not working? Just tried to get a $50 cert and it's asking me to verify my account... but I haven't gotten a verification email or text. 

Nevermind, just worked as my item went OOS! Great... 

Edit 2* Nevermind nevermind... confirmed saying I redeemed for a cert but... points still there and no cert. 

So got the megaman zero for switch package, but inside was resident evil 7 gold edition ps4 with the package slip stating megaman. Fyi this didnt come from the store. Does this happen alot?

nope, called this morning and got 10000 points
I called and they told me the GameStop coins should have had a code on the receipt. Then they said to call the store and the store can give me points or coins.

Why couldn’t I get your customer service rep?

Edit: asked to speak to supervisor to escape the issue. Rep tried so hard to not transfer me making excuses “no one here can issue you points including supervisor” “wait times can be 1 hour for supervisor” Etc.

Their supervisor fixed it and issued points.

Not only did I not get the madden coins, I also had 5k points taken from my account for the auto issued reward certificate and didn't get that certificate.

Just adding a couple of G2L and Game Coin questions:

Do we have a resolution about whether you get a Game Coin if you trade back the game for G2L?

From the responses here, it seems like most people who bought Madden are calling in for the 10k points. Do we have clarification if you need to pay off the game “in full” prior to release? I have about $22 down on Avengers.

If Avengers comes out on Friday, do I need to trade it back on Saturday? The fine print says within 48 hours of release, which feels like it means before the store opens on Sunday?

Finally, can a Game Coin be used to purchase POS cards? I was hoping to use mine along with my monthly $5 to get eshop credit.

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure that I’m ready to do this all properly this weekend.

wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't show up until friday...and maybe only on the standard versions (but this is just a guess)
I traded in Madden on Sunday afternoon, had no issues! They accepted it, it expires past Sunday from my understanding.

Edit - I'm an idiot I replied to the wrong person

Just adding a couple of G2L and Game Coin questions:

Do we have a resolution about whether you get a Game Coin if you trade back the game for G2L?

From the responses here, it seems like most people who bought Madden are calling in for the 10k points. Do we have clarification if you need to pay off the game “in full” prior to release? I have about $22 down on Avengers.

If Avengers comes out on Friday, do I need to trade it back on Saturday? The fine print says within 48 hours of release, which feels like it means before the store opens on Sunday?

Finally, can a Game Coin be used to purchase POS cards? I was hoping to use mine along with my monthly $5 to get eshop credit.

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure that I’m ready to do this all properly this weekend.
G2L is done as a trade, so it wouldn't stop you from getting the game coin. We don't have clarification on anything because this is GameStop we're talking about and they don't do anything normal (but given that is says pre-purchase in full, you're better off doing that just to minimize any issues). You have until closing on Sunday to trade a G2L game back in. I would think it can be used on a POS card but can't confirm.

Website only showed two shirts I was interested in as available for in store pickup. Ordered those 2. 1 got cancelled.
Went to store and found the cancelled one and 8 other shirts from sale. Worth a trip, since website isn't accurate.

Website only showed two shirts I was interested in as available for in store pickup. Ordered those 2. 1 got cancelled.
Went to store and found the cancelled one and 8 other shirts from sale. Worth a trip, since website isn't accurate.
I've had a few situations where an item wasn't available for pickup from the website, but I found it in the store and it was in stock in the store's system. The employee and I couldn't figure out any reason to it.

Are some of the GS "exclusive" games really just "timed exclusives"? I remember Borderlands GOTY Edition being billed as an exclusive but then a little while later could be bought anywhere. Once in awhile a niche game will be GS exclusive and it's a pain buying from them because they usually get one copy in stock so it's gutted.
Yeah many times now in the last 12 months their exclusives have been timed, outside of the physical Ubisoft Ultimate Editions (which remain retail exclusive to them and Ubisoft direct.)

Did anyone who picked up Avengers deluxe get a G2L Code on their receipt?
I traded some games today and they said i had to pay in full to preorder standard Avengers. I dont see anything on the receipt stating a G2L code. Only a code for bonus content. Maybe will be on receipt on day of release/pickup? Sorry, first time doing this.
Anyone know why they have a poster stating 30% trade in , but its really not 30%? Here is the breakdown.

$22 base
Bonus: promo 25110 $4.00
Bonus 10% powerup pro card 10% $2

Total $26

The math doesnt look right?
$22 x 20% ($4.40) = $26.40 + 10 %

Again, first time preordering so please be kind.

I traded some games today and they said i had to pay in full to preorder standard Avengers. I dont see anything on the receipt stating a G2L code. Only a code for bonus content. Maybe will be on receipt on day of release/pickup? Sorry, first time doing this.
Anyone know why they have a poster stating 30% trade in , but its really not 30%? Here is the breakdown.

$22 base
Bonus: promo 25110 $4.00
Bonus 10% powerup pro card 10% $2

Total $26

The math doesnt look right?
$22 x 20% ($4.40) = $26.40 + 10 %

Again, first time preordering so please be kind.
The G2L code should be on your receipt when you pick it up Friday.

I'm guessing the game you traded was actually a base of $20, which is $22 for Pro members. It's a 20% bump for trading towards Avengers, which means Pro members get a 30% bump total. In that case, the math looks correct to me.

You definitely don't need to put the whole amount towards the game though, that depends on what kind of employee you get. You can just put $5 down and take the rest on a trade card or whatever.

My Madden 20 is still new and sealed, can I technically return it for a full $59.99 credit refund (via trade credit)? Or is that frowned upon and will they deduct bonuses ?

My Madden 20 is still new and sealed, can I technically return it for a full $59.99 credit refund (via trade credit)? Or is that frowned upon and will they deduct bonuses ?
Refunds hurt the employee that processes them, as I understand it... So you would have been better just opening it and returning under the G2L program, but since that window has closed, you've just got to sour someone's day. If it's still sealed they can't deny a refund and you'll get the full amount even if you benefited from trade bonuses. Just be sure to give them a good survey.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. They've been really good to me and I missed the G2L window, I won't return it, just sell locally or something

Ah, thanks for clarifying. They've been really good to me and I missed the G2L window, I won't return it, just sell locally or something
It used to have a negative effect on employees numbers, but right now with the difficulty of staffing everywhere the numbers are pretty much out the window and if you're willing to work you're getting hours. Don't be afraid to return it.

FYI, just got an email back from e-rewards in regards to the error message ar check out. According to the service rep that account needs to be active for at least 72 hours before any redemptions can be made. Once I'm able to actually get it to go through I'll update in here.

FWIW, I just called GS customer service and was in hold for 3 minutes. I told the guy I never got my Madden $10 and he offered me 10k points, took 5 minutes and I got the points before we hung up.

Anyone having issues buying reward certificates? Buying online I get a “ We are sorry, but there was a problem redeeming your reward.” and in the app all but the $5 are showing sold out...

FWIW, I just called GS customer service and was in hold for 3 minutes. I told the guy I never got my Madden $10 and he offered me 10k points, took 5 minutes and I got the points before we hung up.
I gave them a call and my rep told me to wait up to 72 hours to see them. I'm guessing he didn't do jack...

The G2L code should be on your receipt when you pick it up Friday.

I'm guessing the game you traded was actually a base of $20, which is $22 for Pro members. It's a 20% bump for trading towards Avengers, which means Pro members get a 30% bump total. In that case, the math looks correct to me.

You definitely don't need to put the whole amount towards the game though, that depends on what kind of employee you get. You can just put $5 down and take the rest on a trade card or whatever.
Yeah. It was mario party 8 $22 for pro via website. I was thinking $22 x 30% or $22 x 20% + 10%. Also, they no longer take ps3, xbox 360 games.

Do we get the pin set when we pickup the item on Friday? G2L u get the full $60 amount back if u trade in back within 48 hours? Is it process like a trade or return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back