2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear success on trading G2L games back in. Has it been confirmed that 2K21 Mamba Edition wont work for G2L? I haven’t opened my copy yet just in case.

I got a pickup confirmation for an order. Store isn’t even open and I didn’t actually pickup the order yet. This should be interesting.

I got a pickup confirmation for an order. Store isn’t even open and I didn’t actually pickup the order yet. This should be interesting.
So an employee confirmed the order even though they didn’t have a copy. Had to get a refund. Worked out good because they refunded the full price even though I had used a $15 cert.

For those asking for the G2L code. You don’t need it. It’s in the computer. Just bring your receipt.

So I figured out the incompetence of Gamestops website...

I live on "Post" street.... the website immediately changes to PO Box shipping as soon as "Post" is read by the website.. If I change my address to POS T or P0ST it will work. (any combination that does not say "post" at all works)

I've ordered from Gamestop before, this is a new level of stupidity.
I've never heard of a "post" street. I never even thought of a street with that name. I wonder what other difficult street names are out there. May be it's just gamestop, probably not.

I've never heard of a "post" street. I never even thought of a street with that name. I wonder what other difficult street names are out there. May be it's just gamestop, probably not.
How about "Drive Way", "My Place", or "Diane Lane".

Anybody have any idea what's going on with the web certificates? CS has reissued my points like 6 times and I keep getting web coupons that say "The coupon cannot be added to your cart" no matter what I do. Every time, they give me back my points and say to try again.
Don't bother, these haven't been working for months. Just do in-store certificates. It sucks because you won't be able to use them on those juicy online-only deals.

Picked mine up today and it's got the code.

Already tried to flip it back at another store and the rep was like oh I'm sorry it's not eligible for G2L. Really I say? As I pull out my receipt and she goes oh I guess it is. It didn't print for me at all yesterday!

First she tries to return it and I'm like you need to ring it as a trade and apply the promo code. Okay she goes, and eventually gets it right.

Here's a picture of the receipt
https://flic.kr/p/2jDFncc

This was for PS4 Avengers. EBC?3064405

The rep said the code is different per person. But I think she probably doesn't know what she's taking about. Give it a try.

G2L codes aren’t unique. It’s not surprising how many more dumb employees there are because of the companies need to hire more people.

Picked mine up today and it's got the code.

Already tried to flip it back at another store and the rep was like oh I'm sorry it's not eligible for G2L. Really I say? As I pull out my receipt and she goes oh I guess it is. It didn't print for me at all yesterday!

First she tries to return it and I'm like you need to ring it as a trade and apply the promo code. Okay she goes, and eventually gets it right.

Here's a picture of the receipt
https://flic.kr/p/2jDFncc

This was for PS4 Avengers. EBC?3064405

The rep said the code is different per person. But I think she probably doesn't know what she's taking about. Give it a try.
Just curious why it says offer expires 9/5

I called about my Madden Game coins and the rep has no clue what i was talking about. Which prompts did y’all use to rectify this situation because I went to POWERUP membership and picked all other inquiries.

Just curious why it says offer expires 9/5
Multiple teams, each one not knowing what the other is doing.

Look at this list (Type: Super Mario All Stars, in the search bar), or click this link (same difference) :

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=super+mario+3d&lang=default&utm_source=rakutenls

On this page it says Super Mario 3D All Stars comes out on 09/07/2020. Essentially in two days, on this coming Monday. (HORRAY!) .. But, when you click the picture, the date changes to 09/18/2020. (BOO!!)

Such issues are where all questions arise; most areas of interest are consistent and exact .. others .. well not so much. Someone brought up the pre-order disclaimer recently, stating how, unclaimed pre-orders would be automatically converted to store credit .. The jokes on us.

Just traded back Avengers for $59.99. One rep checked the weekly ad to make sure they were doing the promo, and the other rep told him to “Check the GSL” in the system to pull it up. They are aware that codes didn’t print properly yesterday.

Traded my avengers back in today. they needed to look up the code in their system. fun game but not enough to justify $60 especially with broken multiplayer. I may get it once it's on sale.

Yeah I agree...I like it more than I thought I would although one multiplayer mission I ran with Hulk had major frame rate drops. I like how you can skip the campaign and jump straight into MP missions solo with the AI.

I can see where this game will be nice on the next gen systems. It's like Marvel vs Capcom Infinite in 3D.

Still plan to G2L this tomorrow and maybe repurchase on next gen. Not sure if we can get a free copy on next gen if we bought and traded the current gen version already. I read somewhere that physical purchases would qualify for the upgrade, not just digital.

Still plan to G2L this tomorrow and maybe repurchase on next gen. Not sure if we can get a free copy on next gen if we bought and traded the current gen version already. I read somewhere that physical purchases would qualify for the upgrade, not just digital.
Next-gen upgrades will likely require the current-gen disc in the drive as a license check.

Not much in the weekly ad, but it makes note of the fact that National Video Games Day is 9/12. Two years ago they did some major trade promotions. I believe a One X traded in for $350 or 375 and Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey traded in for like $45 each. Then last year was basically nothing, if I recall correctly.

Next-gen upgrades will likely require the current-gen disc in the drive as a license check.
Yes, it's supposed to be like backwards compatibility. Although you play the upgraded version you still need the disc while it's playing.

Also agreed with others sentiments about the Avengers. It is fun, but not enough to keep it for the full price as it is now. Will probably get it again when Spiderman comes out. Also those defend the ring missions sucked ass. Especially the one where you're alone.

Not much in the weekly ad, but it makes note of the fact that National Video Games Day is 9/12. Two years ago they did some major trade promotions. I believe a One X traded in for $350 or 375 and Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey traded in for like $45 each. Then last year was basically nothing, if I recall correctly.
Yes I remember this. It's weird how they randomly boost trade values and don't advertise them anywhere.

Here's mine for :ps4: nba 2k21 standard edition. Curiosly, it expired on 9/5- the day I picked it up. I thought these lasted until Sunday 🤔. Keeping this sucker sealed!
[attachment=34536:B9A3EDAD-0C2C-4C9A-8B57-5A04161F6873.jpeg]

Again,

Anyone who receives last-gen games (PS3, 360, etc) shipped from a warehouse, please check your games immediately. Much of what you'll receive are games that were reported as damaged. They'll either have received piss-poor resurfacing jobs (360) or simply be passed along to you in remarkably awful condition (PS3 and even DS now).

This is where much of their sudden inventory surges have come from in recent weeks.

If your order comes in a standard manilla envelope, it came from a store, so there's a good chance you'll be ok. If it comes in a box or the sickly white/gray envelopes, it's probably coming from a warehouse. God help you.

Gamestop has been terrible at resurfacing their games for many years, so receiving bad 360 games is nothing new, but the sudden deluge of damaged PS3 (etc) games in recent times is new and surprising. It really seems like they're willing to do anything now to try to pad their numbers (nearly endless half off sales comes to mind). Willfully selling product that doesn't work is unconscionable.

If your order comes in a standard manilla envelope, it came from a store, so there's a good chance you'll be ok. If it comes in a box or the sickly white/gray envelopes, it's probably coming from a warehouse.
Stores also ship boxes if the order is large enough. A better indication is to look at the packing slip. Sticker label = warehouse. Half-sheet of letter paper = store.

I've also noticed that packing slips from stores are no longer subtracting the "free shipping" cost out of the items' listed price. So that's a positive change.

Good to hear success on trading G2L games back in. Has it been confirmed that 2K21 Mamba Edition wont work for G2L? I haven’t opened my copy yet just in case.
If you trade in a deluxe version you'll only get the standard edition amount of credit back, see the person's story that did it with MLB hat edition earlier in the thread. Plus, the disc will be required for the next gen version, unless NBA is different than how all the other games are doing it.

No luck on my trade in, said I was sxrewed since they didn't have the code. Oh well, I didn't open it so I'll wait until I pick up Mario and use the coin and then I'll return it on them

If you trade in a deluxe version you'll only get the standard edition amount of credit back, see the person's story that did it with MLB hat edition earlier in the thread. Plus, the disc will be required for the next gen version, unless NBA is different than how all the other games are doing it.
NBA is a weird one just because you only get the upgrade if you’ve redeemed the Mamba edition content. You could trade in the disc and rebuy it when it’s on sale and keep the bonus content plus have the next gen upgrade.

No luck on my trade in, said I was sxrewed since they didn't have the code. Oh well, I didn't open it so I'll wait until I pick up Mario and use the coin and then I'll return it on them
NBA and Avengers codes are in this thread.

Just say you got an email from GS or something with the code and ask them to try with it.

Just say you got an email from GS or something with the code and ask them to try with it.
Picked up Avengers and 2K21 yesterday and the codes printed.

Went to trade them in today and the clerk said the codes didn't work so he overrode the trade values.

He kept pointing out it's because the receipt said the codes expired yesterday (9/5).

Uhhh...even when GS tries to fix things, they still mess it up.

Eh, it's not worth it as I'm already home. Dude pissed me off anyways so I'll try and make sure he's the one I return it on so he gets hit with the penalty or whatever. I would've just returned it right then and there but I want to get the $10 coin to use for Mario, so I'll grab that and then return it as soon as I use it.

Went to my main store to trade in Avengers and NBA. Guy said it ended yesterday. Asked him to try the codes and neither worked. He tried to say it was 48 hours from 12 am on the 4th but he’s full of shit. I’ve never had issues trading back in on Sunday’s. GameStop shit the bed with this.

Yeah that's my fear with these games that have 2 release dates...I even still have a hard copy of last week's ad and it only says "48 hours from release" without giving an actual date. 

Shouldn't have to do this...but I will offer to put some of the $59.99 trade down on a future preorder in order to incentivize them to process the G2L trade. 

Traded in my avengers for the $59.99. code on the receipt still worked but the guy saw it was expired as it had yesterdays dayw. He let me anyway this time he said.
He must have been in a good mood

Traded in my avengers for the $59.99. code on the receipt still worked but the guy saw it was expired as it had yesterdays dayw. He let me anyway this time he said.
He must have been in a good mood

Something I’m trying to figure out: on web and mobile both of my preorders for Madden and NBA 2k21 are still being displayed in the ‘My Preorders’ section even though I picked them both up. Is this normal? Or did the associate (who admittedly keeps screwing up to my advantage) forget to mark them as picked up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back