2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing the extra $5 for switch games and the bonus trade in boosts still don't work together...
V4E9z1C.png

Some Switch games I noticed that under the 4 for $30 that are worth trading in right now w/ the $5 promo.

MotoRacer 4
Farming Simulator
Carnival Games
ATV Drift & Tricks

Totals out about $43.10 - if the promo works on it that is. Going to see if my local stores have any of these
Carnival Games is on sale so isn't eligible for the 4/$30. Best option would be 2X ATV and 2X Farming Simulator, trading in for $46.40. Then throw in an extra copy of Doom Eternal for $16.79 to get over the free shipping threshold since the 4/$30 games count towards the 4/40% discount.

Carnival Games is on sale so isn't eligible for the 4/$30. Best option would be 2X ATV and 2X Farming Simulator, trading in for $46.40. Then throw in an extra copy of Doom Eternal for $16.79 to get over the free shipping threshold since the 4/$30 games count towards the 4/40% discount.
You are correct! I didn't realize that until I added it into the cart. I want to order it online but given the issues I've had it coming on time I don't think I can manage to get it by Saturday and still have it traded it in by then

They got rid of them several years ago, don’t know the exact date.
Actually they had something a few months ago, an invite only thing through email to go to a site to earn points. Not sure if they still do or not.

Looking for opinions from those of you who frequent The Game Stop:

Should I trade in my Xone X now, or is it likely there will be a better deal once preorders for the XSX actually open? Like extra credit towards the XSX or something?

I live about an hour away from the Gamed Stop so I was going to trade, get the credit on the card, and then just preorder the XSX via the website and have it shipped to me
Honestly I would wait until the 22nd or so to see. But if you need the credit now, you could, $175 tradein isn't terrible.

being an hour drive from the nearest gamestop is unfathomable for me. I could hit like 5 stores in the same hour of drive time. I think it's nuts they have not been closing any stores around me. I just don't see how they could be that profitable and the selection is crap at all of them. 

A new way to screw over customers.
Anyone ever watched the show Nathan for you? One episode he works with a local tv store to advertise $1 HD TVs so that bestbuy has to price match for them to buy as inventory. To stop people from actually buying the $1 TVs in the local store before they purchase from bestbuy, their own store had a dress policy, tuxedo or evening dress only, then a fake wall blocking off the luxury tv section with a 3 foot tiny door customer would have to crawl through. After that they had to get through a room with a live alligator walking around if they wanted to try to purchase a tv. My game coin experience reminds me of that so far. Would love to see a GameStop episode!

I'm guessing the extra $5 for switch games and the bonus trade in boosts still don't work together...
They don't stack.

Keep in mind also that once you apply the 20% boost, it overrides the $5 bump, for only the smaller amount. People say, "the higher amount shows up" ... I call nonsense! Because this was not the case at all. $5 base Switch game trading for $6.50 (with the 20%), instead of $10.50 (with the $5 bonus), etc.

The person helping me was pretty cool about it, and rang it up in 2 separate trade transactions .. although only after I pointed it out. One trade was for PS3 / WII / XB360 / PS4, XB1 from yardsales. The other only Switch titles to flip. You lose money if you do them all in the same transaction ($5 bump is much better for lower value Switch games).

I gave the associate a new pre-order for their frustration with the system. The person was so happy! Thanks goes both ways.

Someone mentioned surveys for rewards points. I found this on my Gamestop app while scrolling through:

[attachment=34581:Screenshot_20200914-173959~2.png]

Someone mentioned surveys for rewards points. I found this on my Gamestop app while scrolling through:

I would study reviews on that option. Many potential reviewers are complaining, for the most part because they don't qualify for surveys. And you need to do a certain amount of surveys in a short time period to get GS points. Otherwise you lose your progress.

The participants end up wasting their time doing surveys, while not getting "enough" completed surveys for GS points. You can't pick the surveys; they must be offered to you - which is the problem.

I guess you could lie, and say "oh I have acne all over and I tried this cream and it cleared everything up!", "I make a living cutting wood, and this industrial saw cuts through wood much faster", "I used to pee the bed as an adult, but with this new vitamin D activated lotion I stopped!", etc .. you get the idea. How much is your integrity worth.

Many complaints, worth researching. Plus they reject alot of reviews if they don't sound authentic (which only encourages better lying, lol). GS still stooping this low....

They are far easier ways to "earn" points.

I would study reviews on that option. Many potential reviewers are complaining, for the most part because they don't qualify for surveys. And you need to do a certain amount of surveys in a short time period to get GS points. Otherwise you lose your progress.

The participants end up wasting their time doing surveys, while not getting "enough" completed surveys for GS points.

I guess you could lie, and say "oh I have acne all over and I tried this cream and it cleared everything up!", "I make a living cutting wood, and this industrial saw cuts through wood much faster", "I used to pee the bed as an adult, but with this new vitamin D activated lotion I stopped!", etc .. you get the idea. How much is your integrity worth.

Many complaints, worth researching. Plus they reject alot of reviews if they don't sound authentic. GS still stooping this low....
Oh I'm not saying I disagree. You'll spend 5 days to make $5. Just the option is there, and I really do think I've tried that site once and made a small amount. Would I try it again? Nope. And I also wouldn't give them my main phone number. But in this day and age, if someone asks about rewards, I tend to just present the cold hard facts and assume they have studied what all comes with doing surveys (positives and negatives that aren't limited to Gamestop surveys).

The participants end up wasting their time doing surveys, while not getting "enough" completed surveys for GS points. You can't pick the surveys; they must be offered to you - which is the problem.

Many complaints, worth researching. Plus they reject alot of reviews if they don't sound authentic (which only encourages better lying, lol). GS still stooping this low....

I tried this one time when there was a big points sign up bonus that got me half way to a $50 gift card to start. After way way too much work I finally redeemed the gift card only for GameStop to say it wasn't valid. It took countless times reaching out to the survey company and Gamestop to get it resolved and absolutely was not worth it in the end.

FWIW, I was able to preorder a physical copy of Mario 3D Collection today at Gamestop. Used the bonus trade to get rid of the Bioshock Collection XB1 I had since I bought digital for cheap.

Today I traded Sonic Team Racing. I couldn't get into the game, it just felt like a generic version of Mario Kart and also lacking the inspiration found in Sonic Racing Transformed. I got $19.30.

You actually save a penny doing the installment plan... I'm just saying.
I traded in my switch for a new one a while back when they where offering 250 plus 50 for it, and they gave me a gift card with a penny on it, since the new one was technically only 299.99.

Just got an email about a cancelled item from an order I made that was never part of the order. Even went back and checked the original order email to see if I accidentally had another item in my cart, but I did not. Figured it was my Mario 3D All-Stars getting cancelled, but it was not.

Anyone ever have this happen?[attachment=34583:20200915_003711.jpg]

Just got an email about a cancelled item from an order I made that was never part of the order. Even went back and checked the original order email to see if I accidentally had another item in my cart, but I did not. Figured it was my Mario 3D All-Stars getting cancelled, but it was not.

Anyone ever have this happen?
attachicon.gif
20200915_003711.jpg
Yeah, your joy con sticker set for Mario preorder was cancelled

You can partially blame Microsoft charging $299 for the S for the low trade values. Figure GameStop wants at least $50 profit and it would be hard to sell used 1X consoles for the same price as new S.

You can partially blame Microsoft charging $299 for the S for the low trade values. Figure GameStop wants at least $50 profit and it would be hard to sell used 1X consoles for the same price as new S.
I definitely agree with that. I thought they may come out with separate trade values for the S vs. the X. This definitely changes my console upgrade plans, but I’m sure it will work out.

I once had an account with them and earned a few $50 gift cards fairly quickly but that was about 10 years ago. They ended up increasing the points needed for the cards and I started getting a bunch of lengthy surveys that would boot me after wasting 10 minutes so it wasn't really worth my time at that point. It sounds like it's even worse now.

Dumb question - are PUR certificates currently disabled? Unable to redeem points either on the site or the app. Wondering if it’s a wider issue or if just my account is hosed. Thanks in advance!

my order from the buy 2 get 2 sale arrived.  Sekiro ps4 and trials of mana switch both in original cases, minecraft switch and bayonetta/vanquish 10th in generic cases.  50% is not too bad given that I at most get 1 og case usually.

Dumb question - are PUR certificates currently disabled? Unable to redeem points either on the site or the app. Wondering if it’s a wider issue or if just my account is hosed. Thanks in advance!
I tried redeeming points for instore cert when I picked up my THPS preorder on the 4th and I could not get any of them to go through. Kept getting a validation error when I put in the email codes. I just gave up and have not revisited it again since. I was hoping it would get fixed but who knows...

Retailers make almost nothing on consoles. They might get $15-20 profit per console sold (5-8%). They make money on the games and accessories they attach to the sale. The store I worked for was paying microsoft ~$285 for xbox 360s and selling them for $299. I am sure this has not changed.

Is it worth contacting CS about the game coin if I traded Madden 21 in, but the associate processed it as a return? Picked up the game on launch day, and traded it in within 48 hours. Not sure why the associate processed it as a return since the game wasn't in the shrink wrap.

Is it worth contacting CS about the game coin if I traded Madden 21 in, but the associate processed it as a return? Picked up the game on launch day, and traded it in within 48 hours. Not sure why the associate processed it as a return since the game wasn't in the shrink wrap.
You can try - I tried arguing with the CS for Madden 21 and they told me they couldn't give it to me because I traded it in with 48 hours. I said the GS promo for G2L is within 48 hours and I checked the conditions for game coin and G2L, neither of them say I would not receive it. They processed it but it was reversed by corporate

Retailers make almost nothing on consoles. They might get $15-20 profit per console sold (5-8%). They make money on the games and accessories they attach to the sale. The store I worked for was paying microsoft ~$285 for xbox 360s and selling them for $299. I am sure this has not changed.
They make almost nothing on new consoles. Used consoles? Different story. I sold a 500GB 1S to GameStop for $200 and the same model on their site now is $270.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back