2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man,this sucks. Took in 8 games for trade and appears I am banned. He said the code is for excessive trade ins. Haven't traded in games in since March. Did buy like 4copies of games during the $3 for $20 to stock up for a trade in deal. Like Days Gone, God Of War, sea of thrives. He didn't know how long it lasts. Hopefully it's not lifetime. I've done the 90 day ban twice. Maybe third strike your out.
Contact CS and inquire.

So I actually just called the closest GS in Michigan to me and the guy broke down several things for me (in all honesty I’ve never had issue with any employee except for one in all my years) and he seemed very knowledgeable on the stuff as I had a million questions on what happens if you’re out of preorders and I want to trade systems in and he had several options.

Anyways I’m pretty sure he’s the manager there and he said the consoles should be preorder-able by themselves and also bundles. Take it with a grain of salt as it wouldn’t surprise me if GS didn’t get people prepped for this and just dropped this in them tomorrow but at least it wasn’t a “nope you’ll have to do a bundle to get the system”.

I cashed out to Xbox GCs, I'll try my luck with Microsoft Store
Exactly what I did. Will keep using my monthly $5 rewards for exactly $5 of Xbox credit for as long as that lasts. Microsoft is not going under anytime soon, delivery is quicker and more reliable than GameStop, and they don’t push bundles.

Exactly what I did. Will keep using my monthly $5 rewards for exactly $5 of Xbox credit for as long as that lasts. Microsoft is not going under anytime soon, delivery is quicker and more reliable than GameStop, and they don’t push bundles.
Exactly what I've been doing haha. Planned to get AC: Valhalla in November, the ultimate digital only edition so that my wife can play it too piggybacking off my account. Gotta love the shared family access on two consoles.

Sounds like Gamestop. I remember when I was there in line for the PS5 the manager was telling employees "It's ALL about the attach rate!". I added a controller, but even now I kinda regret that as I wanted a second one but also a different color.

I want to try for a series X but I called a couple stores and they were very mysterious. One said “no idea” how many they will have, one said “we have...some”.

I must have complained to the right people...just went in to cash out the rest of my credit (and use another $50 rewards coupon) and was informed that they no longer are requiring a bundled purchase (just recommending it).

I must have complained to the right people...just went in to cash out the rest of my credit (and use another $50 rewards coupon) and was informed that they no longer are requiring a bundled purchase (just recommending it).
I simply don’t see it going on at most GameStop’s, the backlash I feel would be actually monumental I feel.

Just went to gamestop to return something and there were 5 people in line for the xbox pre-order. Didn't think anybody would actually line up this early.

I just passed by the GameStop next door and it had 6 people in line with chairs.
Lol people are insane. I think the most I ever waited was for the 360 and that was like 4 hours. I don’t buy there’s any deal trading in systems or anything that makes it worth it.

I was tempted to trade in my systems there for $400 credit but I would rather get the $340 in cash I’d get from Disc Traders and buy anywhere (I’m not convinced one of the GameStop’s I’d preorder from would close before the system launch) then sit in line for 14 hours and not sleep before work or have to take a personal day.

Just look on the door when you get there. They should post how many consoles there are. You can count the line and see if there's any left.
I thought they would do that but I went by mine like 45 mins after close and nothing was up yet...guess I’ll check again in the morning...I’m not expecting to be lucky lol

That me I guess 3 accounts with over 100k each and a few other with less than 10k-20k each I cash out a bit b4 I got nuke but the trade credit didn’t get wiped check them once a while just buying $10 itune and Roblox phone number and cards all are still here I was finish with them so I didn’t really care that much about the points take too long to cash them out lol. Walking buy 12 games go to next store trade in make more profit than cashing out for one game to trade in
like 2-3$ profit?

Ok so can game coin not be used online? It doesn’t work on anything I’ve tried. Also, I tried to use two “coins” in one purchase in store, that didn’t work either.

yeah, that forced bundling was for sure a over ambitious dm banking on people being desperate. they offered those bundles when I went this morning to preorder mine but they were optional. That dm is just a huge jerk. 

Why yes you can. I used (2) $50 certs yesterday (two separate orders)
Excellent. I know they explicitly state they're not good on digital content (at least the online certs), but in-store looks to be alright (sort of like how the $5 PUR certs work, I assume). Thanks!

does any one have a list of what games give greater than 10 back when tradin in towards a ps5 game . so far I found biohazard 7 that gives 12 .70 . I rem the old days with black beard but since he is gone .

ended up getting a series X from gamestop.com...the $18 release day shipping is pretty ridiculous (just chose to get it a few days later instead)

called my local store and asked if once i received the Xbox i could bring it in, return, and rebuy so i could trade my old system toward it for the bonus and they said it wouldn't be a problem...i just have to leave the xbox completely sealed until the return/rebuy has been processed....

unless i get lucky and snag a PS5 in a restock at GS it looks like i'll stick with my preorder from elsewhere...since i won't be able to trade my PS4 towards that is there anything stopping me from trading both the PS4 and Xbox One X towards the XBOX Series X i'll be re-purchasing in store?

Ordered $150 in Xbox card codes online a few hours ago almost entirely with gift cards and trade credit. Gamestop cancelled the order.
?
Ok, what should I be worried about?
Cards show balances at the moment.....

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-09-21/top-gamestop-investor-wants-to-turn-retailer-into-amazon-rival?__twitter_impression=true
1ca975546b78facc4664013a8232a103.jpg

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

What are my options for trading in my old xbox one x and PS4 games with the current trade in deals? My thoughts are I am kind of screwed. Since there is no preorders available, I can't get the $200 for the Xbox. Although there is $5 extra per $5+ game, you have to put it towards a ps5 game. I'm getting a digital version. Theoretically, could I preorder all the ps5 games so I can get the extra $5 per game, and the return/cancel the game when it releases

What are my options for trading in my old xbox one x and PS4 games with the current trade in deals? My thoughts are I am kind of screwed. Since there is no preorders available, I can't get the $200 for the Xbox. Although there is $5 extra per $5+ game, you have to put it towards a ps5 game. I'm getting a digital version. Theoretically, could I preorder all the ps5 games so I can get the extra $5 per game, and the return/cancel the game when it releases
you only need to preorder 1 ps5 game and all trades in the same transaction will get a $5 boost.

does any one have a list of what games give greater than 10 back when tradin in towards a ps5 game . so far I found biohazard 7 that gives 12 .70 . I rem the old days with black beard but since he is gone .
I went through some of my PS4 stuff that I don't play anymore and here's what I came up with. These games go for more in trade (with the + $5) than what you can get in cash selling on ebay. This might not be what you were asking for though and I certainly don't have a complete comprehensive list:

Golf Club 2019

Little Big Planet 3

CoD Advanced Warfare

Kingdom Come Deliverance

Lego Super Heroes 2

Horizon Zero Dawn

Until Dawn

Here is my list of games that are currently worth more than $5

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End

VR Worlds

Alien: Isolation

Batman Arkham Knight

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil Origins Collection

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

ioShock: The Collection

Bloodborne

Mortal Kombat XL

Overwatch 

Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil 7 biohazard

Resident Evil Revelations

Skyrim Witcher III: Wild Hunt

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege

7 days to die

Grand Theft Auto V

No Mans Sky Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality

Here is my list of games that are currently worth more than $5

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End
VR Worlds
Alien: Isolation
Batman Arkham Knight
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil Origins Collection
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
BioShock: The Collection
Bloodborne
Mortal Kombat XL
Overwatch
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 7 biohazard
Resident Evil Revelations
Skyrim
Witcher III: Wild Hunt

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
7 days to die
Grand Theft Auto V
No Mans Sky
Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality
Took the liberty of making it a list for you :)

Games I've recently traded in for PS5 promo

AC: Origins

AC: Odyssey

Batman Enemy Within

Mudrunner

Lego The Incredibles

Lego Supervillains

Watch Dogs 2

The Last of Us remastered

Man Eater

Mad Max

Days Gone

NBA 2k Playgrounds

Black Ops 4

Hello Neighbor

Ok so can game coin not be used online? It doesn’t work on anything I’ve tried. Also, I tried to use two “coins” in one purchase in store, that didn’t work either.
Anyone know? I’ve tried new game, pre-owned, sale, non sale, digital currency. It keeps saying not valid. It expires tomorrow so I’m just trying to get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back