2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also found Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 for $17.99 with a base $18. If you can find these BOPIS (DQB2, JC4, ME), they come out to $15.11 w/ CAG16 and each trade in for $24.80. 

Metro Exodus on both PS4 and Xbox one is another decent flip. $18 base TIV, selling used for $17.99. Most retailers are selling new copies at $20.
I also found Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 for $17.99 with a base $18. If you can find these BOPIS (DQB2, JC4, ME), they come out to $15.11 w/ CAG16 and each trade in for $24.80.
I'm curious to know if these will get the $5 bonus applied or not based on the $5 not applying to JC4.

You need to trade towards a PS4 game. I asked to only put $5 down. The employee allowed me to do it, but said that for future reference i would have to put the full value down.
So is this why the $5 trade promo didn’t activate towards any of the PS5 games I tried trading towards?? I had to get a manual over ride when trading in Just Cause 4 XB1 toward AC: Valhalla PS5.

From your experience, it has to be a PS4 or XB1 game you trade towards for the promo to active correct? For example, trading towards reserving AC: Valhalla < PS4 > version right?

Buy 5 under $19.99 get 50% off is back :beer:
Hopefully it works in store this time too, as this would allow for some great flips.

So is this why the $5 trade promo didn’t activate towards any of the PS5 games I tried trading towards?? I had to get a manual over ride when trading in Just Cause 4 XB1 toward AC: Valhalla PS5.

From your experience, it has to be a PS4 or XB1 game you trade towards for the promo to active correct? For example, trading towards reserving AC: Valhalla < PS4 > version right?
I traded in some games on tuesday towards spiderman miles morales ps5 version, not ps4 version, and I received the $5 bump for each game.
Not sure if its just something internally wrong with their system, but right on for the employee to manual overide.

FYI: Looks like they nuked/fixed the TIV bump for Just cause, DQ2 and Metro exodus and FFX/X2, among others.

Damn, was hoping for a bump on Doom Eternal and instead they nuked it back to $12 base

Hopefully it works in store this time too, as this would allow for some great flips.

I traded in some games on tuesday towards spiderman miles morales ps5 version, not ps4 version, and I received the $5 bump for each game.
Not sure if its just something internally wrong with their system, but right on for the employee to manual overide.
Any good 5 under $20 flips without a preorder? I'm out of town but could likely do store pickups and flip...

FYI: Looks like they nuked/fixed the TIV bump for Just cause, DQ2 and Metro exodus and FFX/X2, among others.

Damn, was hoping for a bump on Doom Eternal and instead they nuked it back to $12 base
Yup, JC4 down to $5 base and FF X/X-2 and Zodiac down to $10 base. Took a risk ordering online hoping they'd hold over the weekend (my super-saver delivery is due to arrive Sunday), so I guess I'll just be returning them instead.

GS made it very easy to check flips when they added that trade in button on the game pages. Buy 5 $19.99 and get 50% off has a ton of flips if you can find store with stock.

Has anyone got the $5 bump for preordering COD Cold War Series X version?

Yes, I traded in God of War Remastered, Last of Us Remastered and Uncharted 4 last weekend and got the $5 bump for all 3. Although the guy helping me had to ask his manager for help finding it in their system for the Series X.

It's funny that GS is actually doing the sensible thing by having a queue online as opposed to every retailer's website that crashed as soon as they put PS5 preorders up. If the entire site crashes, non-PS5 shoppers won't be able to place orders anyway. It'll be over in a bit, and operations resume as normal. GS might survive the retail whirlpool yet.

Too bad their website is such hot garbage... everytime I try to find 5 games in stock at one store it takes the 50% off... Horrid.

GS made it very easy to check flips when they added that trade in button on the game pages. Buy 5 $19.99 and get 50% off has a ton of flips if you can find store with stock.

Haha. I've never seen a website with a waiting line before. I don't want to preorder anything, Mr. Gamestop, I just kind of wanted to, you know, use your website.
I have an idea we should take our website down for hours so we cannot sell anything to make sure the site is available for the 100 consoles we have to put up for pre order. This is what you get when you do not pay your developers well. They could have looked at any ticket site for ideas on how to do both.

As much as I dislike the gs website, they are doing one of the better options this time around.  Willing to admit that their website would otherwise completely break without capped traffic.

Did any values get a significant bump today?  The one's I've been watching hardly changed, +/1 $1 or so.

The animal crossing nsw console is currently available on the gs website.  I just checked out for one. Credit to a random post on SD.

Edit:  went oos in ~5min.  I wonder if they received new units from Nintendo or if they just found a few more new units somewhere.

I'm not surprised they came down. Trade values as a whole usually get adjusted twice a week Tuesday and Friday. The size of the mwt bump is most disappointing to me. There are less games in total and the values are less than the previous months' bumps, e.g. 30 instead of 35 base for first party switch games.

Yes, I traded in God of War Remastered, Last of Us Remastered and Uncharted 4 last weekend and got the $5 bump for all 3. Although the guy helping me had to ask his manager for help finding it in their system for the Series X.
If you waited for this weekend, GOW and TLOU are 10 base during the bump.

As much as I dislike the gs website, they are doing one of the better options this time around. Willing to admit that their website would otherwise completely break without capped traffic.

Did any values get a significant bump today? The one's I've been watching hardly changed, +/1 $1 or so.
slim pickings. going by price range, $17.99-19.99 games have 10 base, $20-29.99 have 12 base, $30-39.99 have 15 base,

The animal crossing nsw console is currently available on the gs website. I just checked out for one. Credit to a random post on SD.

Edit: went oos in ~5min. I wonder if they received new units from Nintendo or if they just found a few more new units somewhere.
Thanks.
Wario64 posted about it on Twitter this week- this was a restock by Nintendo. They had a $360 bundle with the AC game which I scooped up bc the $300 LE was out of stock.

Thanks.
Wario64 posted about it on Twitter this week- this was a restock by Nintendo. They had a $360 bundle with the AC game which I scooped up bc the $300 LE was out of stock.

No, 299 msrp +tax. Now oos.
Damn. Well I picked up the bundle as well which makes me doubly mad that switch games didn't get a bump up to $35 base TIV this time around. Of course trying to redeem a web cert didn't work go smoothly.

Crap. noticed down further they had physical game bundles w/ case that I would have opted for if I didn't rush to buy it.

Glad I pulled off that Zodiac flip yesterday since the value just tanked. 5 @50% worked pretty well for me last time, just focus on switch games since they get that $5 boost.

It's the Doom Eternal that hurts the most. They were $15 at the beginning of the week when I bought 6X, bumped to $20, now at $12. I think Super Street was the only game that went up for me ($10->$12).

If you waited for this weekend, GOW and TLOU are 10 base during the bump.
LOL shit, I should've checked here before trading a stack of Days of Play games yesterday :lol:. All of the doom and gloom here made me wuss out and avoid buying GS stock when it bottomed out, but stocking up during the June B2G2 on $9 PS4 games is paying off nice right now.

Weird that Tony Hawk dropped. I was going to trade in that and DOOM but I guess not. The AC bundle with a digital copy of the game was still in stock as of a couple minutes ago. Was able to get the none bundle one before it went out of stock. Now to cross my fingers it doesn't get cancelled because they took too many orders (happened with my PS5 pre-order last week).

Looking like none of the games I was looking to trade in got bumped. Is there actually a stealth bump this weekend?
There is, and it's at the link provided earlier, but it's not as big as in recent past and a lot of that stuff is unchanged. I know, because I've been hanging onto half of it since missing the last one. 360 BLOPS 1 & 2 both got $5 bumps, Minecraft 360 went up $4, L4D2 got a $2 bump, Wii Sports up $1. A lot of the stuff that went up big last time is unchanged despite being on the list, though.

Am I supposed to be able to browse gamestop.com?  I wanted to go looking for something, and instead the main page just says I'm in the PS5 Waiting Room.

Ordered the Animal Crossing LE Switch Console for $299...thanks to Wario64 I was able to secure my PS5 preorder, the AC Switch and countless other items. 

Definitely worth following him on twitter and setting up alerts.  When wally world went live with their preorders I knew IMMEDIATELY and was able to snag one. 

No, 299 msrp +tax. Now oos.
Showing in stock for me, I was able to add it to my cart and get right up to the point where I finalize the order. I didn't click "submit" but from what I can see it looks to be in stock (on Gamestop).

I heard it went live over at Best Buy (from Wario64) just a bit ago.

Showing in stock for me, I was able to add it to my cart and get right up to the point where I finalize the order. I didn't click "submit" but from what I can see it looks to be in stock (on Gamestop).

Thanks! just snagged one from Best Buy (had one in cart at GS and then it went OOS)

Wow, last night just before midnight I was loading some games into the app so I could see what the pre-SB values were and Monster Energy Supercross 3 base TIV was $45.   Also confirmed it on the website to double-confirm at it was $45 there too.  

I almost flipped.  Of course I saved the value and (of course) this morning it had reverted back to $13 base TIV.  I don't know if that was a midnight glitch while values were adjusting for the SB and SD (Stealth Dumps) or if it was a part of the Just Cause and Final Fantasy value abnormalities people were talking about earlier in the week.  If only I had checked the values Wednesday night...

Thank you for the heads up! Placed an order from Best Buy.

What a shit show. Waited at gamestop at 9 am to preorder the new ps5. Manager opens up at 12 to tell us there's no preorders. I was #13!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back