2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if this will work for anybody else, but I was just able to cash out 2 rewards certificates, so maybe its a good time to try, Ive been trying several times over the past couple of weeks with no luck, ymmv, just figured Id post

Seems like the store inventory checker is working again

Also seems there was a restock last night. I was able to snag a couple of copies of Yakuza Kiwami 2

Wait so you can use the cert in store and online to save a total of $10?
Yes. Also works on other certs as well (a few of the spend $X over Y days) Maybe you can do the same on game coins - anyone try? :beer:

Damn, totally missed those. What did you get? There were a bunch of n64 and snes titles that were $10-15 or less after the 40% that I've never even heard of, but they were so cheap I just bought them.
Set of Final Fantasy Legends, Super Mario Lands, and grabbed a random F-Zero (SNES) with a combo of 4/$30 set + 40% set to get free shipping so had to add some mediocre switch flip filler.. like XB2:Torna roulette :razz:

Seems like the store inventory checker is working again

Also seems there was a restock last night. I was able to snag a couple of copies of Yakuza Kiwami 2
Yep, noticed that last night. Kids will be happy I snagged a pre-owned copy of Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition (physical, so 40% off!). I have a feeling they've watched the entire game already on youtube... :fridge:

Curious when I pre ordered my Xbox the I went ahead and renewed my Pro and the guy said you would have $5 right away on the account for a game?  When does that show up?

I just had close 200k points redeemed from my account which I didn't authorize....wondering if I got hacked. I know there is rollout of the app today so maybe an internal error....

Anyone have this issue?

Curious when I pre ordered my Xbox the I went ahead and renewed my Pro and the guy said you would have $5 right away on the account for a game? When does that show up?
I think the code only shows up on the receipt, at least that was the case for me...and expires today

Yea, lots of changes to the site and app. Cart looks cleaner and the stock tracker seems to work for now. I still use iOS and it sell seems functional(er). iOS pickup notifications seem to be working again for me after a 6 month hiatus..  :beer:

And I like how the Gamestop credit card keeps fluctuating between 3% and 5% cash back on online purchases. But uhh... has anyone's I HAVE and I HAD "Lists" magically populated and show the last few sets of flips? seems a bit worrisome...  :cold:

Grabbed a $5 Xbox Live code right before closing at a GameStop tonight before my September coupon expired.  The GameStops here are only open from 12 noon to 8 p.m. which is completely asinine.  But I made it before they closed!

So where is all of this stock coming from? I think I spent more in the last 3 days than I've ever spent on video games before. Surely people wouldn't be trading in mass quantities of these old rare titles?

So where is all of this stock coming from? I think I spent more in the last 3 days than I've ever spent on video games before. Surely people wouldn't be trading in mass quantities of these old rare titles?
I think these (in store pickup) games were always in stock, but weren’t displayed because their inventory checker was showing quantities in a -1 amount . Now it appears that they fixed it online

Dang I completely forgot to redeem my $5 coupon this month
You could always buy some NCAA 14's with it. Those always seem to be in stock nowadays :lol:

I think these (in store pickup) games were always in stock, but weren’t displayed because their inventory checker was showing quantities in a -1 amount . Now it appears that they fixed it online
That makes a lot of sense. Sounds like this is a one time dealio then. Better buy what you want now before inventory gets depleted for good!

Oh man, I was doing soooo good, havent order much from GameStop in many months, and then this restock had to come along... AND the inventory tracker works?! About time, but sadly it seems too late and stores don't have much.

Got about a bajillion copies of heartgold. Oddly this had a lot in stock, but zero soul silver. Expecting a lot of fakes, but worth the risk for $35. Also got about 10 of the Duke xbox controllers new for $30. They are still in stock pre-owned for about $27.

Also, if you want to take advantage of the 30%/50% off pre-owned with $30+ game, I found Lego DC villains deluxe edition for switch is $31. Obviously it's a niche game and would be a slow seller, but seems to go for $50+ on eBay.

NCAA games seem to be coming in and out of stock, I know these have dropped about but still a decent deal if you combine with the 30/50 off mentioned above. I know college hoops 2k8 is in stock at $40 (before discounts) and I think that's like a $60 game if anyone is interested.

Happy Hunting.

They've increased the price of the pokemon games a lot. I used to buy heartgold at $60 and $65 less whatever promo they had at the time, but now they've raised it to $70... not sure it's worth it anymore. You're going to get a ton of fakes BTW, but you can just return them and say they sent you fakes.

Soulsilver is very hard to find. I think I've only gotten 3 so far.

So a PRO would get $48 for BOTW? 40+3+5 (dotd tiv + 10% base + $5 switch bonus) or just $43?
Don't know, will have to confirm tomorrow if it's base 40 or total 40.

After $26 TIV you're better off doing the extra trade percentage bonuses
- Base $40 + 30% on qualified preorder (w PRO) nets you $52

I think you're talking about different things.

While it's true that the in-store inventory checker actually works now, I think the originally question was about shippable product which isn't affected by that.

I'm GUESSING that every time there's a big "restock", more individual stores are getting added to the list of stores whose inventory becomes available online.

AND (and I apologize for saying this 97 times now) they are shipping damaged product out now to get it off their hands (mostly applicable to last gen stuff). When you get that giant black sticker covering up the price sticker, it usually seems to be covering a "defective - return to warehouse" sticker. With 360 games, they usually "gamestop refurbish them", but ps3 games are just sold in the exact condition they came in (usually), which can be pretty appalling.

First Time Pro Member here.

I have the $5 monthly reward. 

I have 1000 points.

Can i go to the store and use $15 credit ($5 reward + $10 redeemed reward) to buy a PSN  card?

Finally got that $30 coupon for spending $300 - expires 12/31/2021... maybe it will add to cart eventually? :beer:

Got about a bajillion copies
So you buy 2x $30 new games to get 50% off a game to resell? Or you plan to resell all 3, just the new games at lower margin? Mostly curious, I don't resell but have a few SNES games I want to add to my collection but waiting for a B1G50% discount to come back :oldman: Cag16 + $5 monthly online that I can't figure out something to use on seems like the more palatable option at the moment.

So a PRO would get $48 for BOTW? 40+3+5 (dotd tiv + 10% base + $5 switch bonus) or just $43?
Last time $40 TIV was a DotD for switch games the +20% didn't work so I wouldn't expect the +$5 to either, but the best bet would be to give the store a call and have them test-check-out with just trading in a game, then putting $5 down on Fifa or whatnot. :grouphug:

First Time Pro Member here.

I have the $5 monthly reward.

I have 1000 points.

Can i go to the store and use $15 credit ($5 reward + $10 redeemed reward) to buy a PSN card?
yes, certs (rewards) work on PSN/eshop/xbox/steam/etc. Just keep in mind 1000 points is only $1, you need 10,000 points for a $10 reward.

I'm having an issue with the updated app... with the old one, my store credit was on the app saved with the card number and pin. This app doesn't even give me an option to even access that. I have close to $500 store credit saved on there... better not get screwed out of it

Finally got that $30 coupon for spending $300 - expires 12/31/2021... maybe it will add to cart eventually? :beer:

So you buy 2x $30 new games to get 50% off a game to resell? Or you plan to resell all 3, just the new games at lower margin? Mostly curious, I don't resell but have a few SNES games I want to add to my collection but waiting for a B1G50% discount to come back :oldman: Cag16 + $5 monthly online that I can't figure out something to use on seems like the more palatable option at the moment.

Last time $40 TIV was a DotD for switch games the +20% didn't work so I wouldn't expect the +$5 to either, but the best bet would be to give the store a call and have them test-check-out with just trading in a game, then putting $5 down on Fifa or whatnot. :grouphug:
For me I pick a game I want and games to resell that fit the 30$ requirement. Spongebob rehydrated switch is the best one I've found so far. Minecraft switch was good but it's value had dropped significantly since last month. Plus the amount you can get for any game is significantly less when gamestop sends you a "new" game instead of an actually new one. Someone mentioned earlier megaman z collection as another good one. Minecraft still moves relatively quick but at about a week average before it sells. Whereas spongebob I usually sell that same day as listing. My biggest money makers have been Ys 8. I ordered 8 or so copies in hopes of getting a complete one and luckily did so now I'm selling off the cart only's and others. Near complete one with everything but the cards netted me 68$ after fees and cart only goes for 45-51 after fees. They actually sell pretty quickly too. Though not right now with the pc and ps4 versions being on sale for 23/18 on psn and humble.

Are there more games that give the extra $5 for Series X games? So many smart delivery games do not show on the Series X page.  I'd like to get Yakuza with that bonus.

Oh man I found an extra Mario maker 2 last night I got with buy 2 get 1 when they were $35 back in March. Time to trade it in towards Fifa and hope for a decent bump!

I am totally unable to login to the new app by the way, website still works fine though.

For me I pick a game I want and games to resell that fit the 30$ requirement. Spongebob rehydrated switch is the best one I've found so far. Minecraft switch was good but it's value had dropped significantly since last month. Plus the amount you can get for any game is significantly less when gamestop sends you a "new" game instead of an actually new one. Someone mentioned earlier megaman z collection as another good one. Minecraft still moves relatively quick but at about a week average before it sells. Whereas spongebob I usually sell that same day as listing. My biggest money makers have been Ys 8. I ordered 8 or so copies in hopes of getting a complete one and luckily did so now I'm selling off the cart only's and others. Near complete one with everything but the cards netted me 68$ after fees and cart only goes for 45-51 after fees. They actually sell pretty quickly too. Though not right now with the pc and ps4 versions being on sale for 23/18 on psn and humble.
Ys? I’ve never seen one in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back