2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been banned for a year as well. I kept calling CS and each time they said it's only 90 days. However, after each 90 day period it is never lifted. I gave up and trade under another account with a different name. I figure I can do this until Gamestop as we know it comes to an end in a few years.
I kind of do this using my friend's account. The only issue is in my city we require id for tradign so everytime i want to trade some stuff in i actually have to go outside the city limit. I also miss out on all the recent deal like G2L as it is a hassle to go outside the city just for 1 trade in.

You got banned by loss prevention most likely. The 90-day ban is automatic, but a permanent ban definitely requires someone to go looking into your account. You probably had a junior detective employee report something and it went up the chain.

A perma trade ban happened to me recently and I was told "this whole thing started 2 years ago" so it was a long time coming. Corporate either directly or through the area DL told all the SLs around here that I was not allowed to trade any longer and there is some kind of note on my account's trade page. I didn't see it, but the employee who was taking my trade in acted pretty weird upon seeing it, disappeared into the back room to call their SL, and stayed there with me all alone in the store for like 5 minutes until the SL drove back to the store from lunch or where ever. We had a not-too-friendly chat.
It kind of like what happen to me. It was around July last year where there is a huge bonus trade in. I trade in and flip a bunch of stuff and one of the store made me wait 5-10 minutes go to the back for like 10 minutes before agreeing to the trade and the next gamestop i went to say i been restricted in trading. Do they require ID for console trading? Atm I am still trying to sell my xbox one x locally but i mightn decide to trade it in if no buyer. If i bring it to outside city limit and trade it in, they would take it with just my friend phone number right?

Uggg iOS finally updated me to the new app version = fail. Cant check stock or trade values like before... meh!

Ok the bright side 50% off $30 and under is back but you need to buy... 6! :)

Just got back from picking up my Crash 4 pre-order, which the store got about 20 of the minute glass timers for.  But the store is still waiting on Fedex to drop off their Star Wars Squadrons pre-orders, as they had none ready for pickup.  Now to wait and see if the $10 game coin automatically shows up.

Did find out the buy a $29.99 or up game, get 30% off a used game works in stores.   As I got a complete Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3 that just got traded in for $1.99 after the 30% off and the monthly $5 reward.

Did they fix the double-dip on the monthly cert? I just used it online and it's not in my active offers now. Or was I supposed to use it in-store first? I can't remember.

Did they fix the double-dip on the monthly cert? I just used it online and it's not in my active offers now. Or was I supposed to use it in-store first? I can't remember.
Use it online first and then when you go in store have a saved code/screenshot to use. Or ask the employee to apply the code from their end.

Do I need to have preordered Crash 4 to get the $10 GameCoin? After seeing the positive reviews, I might try for a copy in-store tonight.

Yes, I think they fixed it. I used it online yesterday and it disappeared as soon as I used it. I wrote down the code before so I'm going to try to use it in store the next time I'm there.

Did Ultimate MvC3 get a reprint? I ordered two copies hoping one would come complete but both arrived mint with case and the comic. 

What I did before was applied it my cart before using it in store. After I did that it was still saved in my cart when I returned after using it. I had nothing to buy online though lol.

Uggg iOS finally updated me to the new app version = fail. Cant check stock or trade values like before... meh!
Ok the bright side 50% off $30 and under is back but you need to buy... 6! :)
Ii thought I was smart by turning off App Store updates. Didn’t matter. Blah. Holding onto my android phone version.

Just got back from picking up my Crash 4 pre-order, which the store got about 20 of the minute glass timers for. But the store is still waiting on Fedex to drop off their Star Wars Squadrons pre-orders, as they had none ready for pickup. Now to wait and see if the $10 game coin automatically shows up.

Did find out the buy a $29.99 or up game, get 30% off a used game works in stores. As I got a complete Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3 that just got traded in for $1.99 after the 30% off and the monthly $5 reward.
What a pain in the ass if you went to pick up both crash and squadrons. I was wondering if squadrons also got a g2l code and if both would print on one receipt since crash has been confirmed.

The buy 29.99 get 30% off used promo just got sent in an email. Not sure it’s an ongoing sale like it has been online.

Just got back from picking up my Crash 4 pre-order, which the store got about 20 of the minute glass timers for. But the store is still waiting on Fedex to drop off their Star Wars Squadrons pre-orders, as they had none ready for pickup. Now to wait and see if the $10 game coin automatically shows up.

Did find out the buy a $29.99 or up game, get 30% off a used game works in stores. As I got a complete Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3 that just got traded in for $1.99 after the 30% off and the monthly $5 reward.
Store I went to said FedEx delayed delivery of Squadrons until Wednesday. The employee said he was going to go to a different store and pick up some copies to fulfill the pre-orders. I'll stop in tomorrow and see if he actually did that. Switching to FedEx was such a mistake on their part.

Store I went to said FedEx delayed delivery of Squadrons until Wednesday. The employee said he was going to go to a different store and pick up some copies to fulfill the pre-orders. I'll stop in tomorrow and see if he actually did that. Switching to FedEx was such a mistake on their part.
Just got off the phone with mine and was told the tracking said tuesday. None of the stores in the area got their copies and DM told stores to offer a $5 discount when people come to pick it up next week(which I'll do).

Apparently this isn't the first time it's happened, as it happened to Mario 3D All-Stars back in September. Where they didn't get it in until the following Monday. Seems like either GS is shipping stuff out late or Fedex is taking their time getting packages to the store. Either way, it does make me reconsider pre-ordering anything there in the next few months.

Star Wars Squadron G2L code is EBC 3064757

Am I the only one who’s actually planning on playing/keeping this? Game is mind blowing in VR and really fun. Do any of you serial flippers actually play games (not an insult - just asking)

I swear, did the DotD change like 3 times today? I thought it was Nascar 5 this morning, then Into the Dead 2, now RDR2? 

Am I the only one who’s actually planning on playing/keeping this? Game is mind blowing in VR and really fun. Do any of you serial flippers actually play games (not an insult - just asking)
It’s a Side hustle to me. I treat gs credit like trying to win at monopoly. I picked up a switch lite and animal crossing during the stay-at-home period and sunk a ton of hours there. The switch is the only console I have interest in keeping for a while. I follow r/gaming to stay up to date but don’t really give a shit. Just enough to humor the employees that want someone to talk to about it. Also, following this thread leaves me with enough information to not look like an asshole trying to put the company out of business and stay in employees’ good graces.

I swear, did the DotD change like 3 times today? I thought it was Nascar 5 this morning, then Into the Dead 2, now RDR2?
In store, the printout was nascar. Email showed rdr2. App shows into the dead 2.

To answer my own question from before, both g2l codes printed when I picked up crash and squadrons. It would not ring up the online offer of buy 2 games 29.99 and over to get 1 preowned game at 50%. Only took 30% off.

Anyone had issues with their account today? Went to pick up a preorder from my local store, the manager whom I'm cool with said my account was only showing my preorders, no points or other account info. He recommended calling the customer service line. I called, and the rep said it's a error on their end, and they've had a lot of calls about PUR accounts having problems today. Said to wait 24-48 hours. Hoping I didn't receive a ban..my points are still showing up online though.

I’m thinking about keeping Crash because of the challenge it is compared to the trilogy. A lot of skill involved for the platinum/1000GS.

Bought it digital, so obviously keeping. Having fun so far.

[attachment=34705:20201003_100054.jpg]
Ys came complete with manual and soundtrack but tetris came opened. Anyone know if you can check a Nintendo online code without redeeming it?

Just got off the phone with mine and was told the tracking said tuesday. None of the stores in the area got their copies and DM told stores to offer a $5 discount when people come to pick it up next week(which I'll do).

Apparently this isn't the first time it's happened, as it happened to Mario 3D All-Stars back in September. Where they didn't get it in until the following Monday. Seems like either GS is shipping stuff out late or Fedex is taking their time getting packages to the store. Either way, it does make me reconsider pre-ordering anything there in the next few months.
Fedex sucks. 3/3 of my orders this last week have been late, and I've had nothing but issues with them in the past.

Really wish GameStop hadn't changed over from UPS to FedEx.

Anyone able to get free shipping on Monster hunter amiibos. It’s charging $5.99 Each, even when you combine them in a single order
That's happening because they're preorders. As such, they're each considered individual future shipments below the free shipping threshold. I'd recommend preordering instore if that's an option for you.

Ugh, the "Buy 4 $14.99 and under games for $30" is messing up the "Buy 6 games $29.99 and under get 50% off."  All of my $9.99 games keep discounting to $7.50 and does something similar for the under $9.99 games.

Ugh, the "Buy 4 $14.99 and under games for $30" is messing up the "Buy 6 games $29.99 and under get 50% off." All of my $9.99 games keep discounting to $7.50 and does something similar for the under $9.99 games.
Folks on Reddit were complaining about this yesterday. Their posts likely got taken down in the fan club that reddit/gamestop is, but some helpful solutions were to only include 3 under $15 games and 3 $16-$30 games. GS's deal checker isn't very helpful, again. Comments spit out out drivel about how the poster are wrong because GS systems only pick the best deals for customers, etc. /roll-eyes

What's your cost to effort ratio on trade ins?

I was checking all night for any games in the 6 at 50% off deal that would trade in decent but values have been drastically reduced. 

Best strat is just hold out until the next stealth bump? Or rebuy previous mwt titles and hope they have a decent trade deal at the end of the month lol

What's your cost to effort ratio on trade ins?

I was checking all night for any games in the 6 at 50% off deal that would trade in decent but values have been drastically reduced.

Best strat is just hold out until the next stealth bump? Or rebuy previous mwt titles and hope they have a decent trade deal at the end of the month lol
Just flip them online. I have been sending most of mine to amazon because they sell for more than ebay.

attachicon.gif
20201003_100054.jpg
Ys came complete with manual and soundtrack but tetris came opened. Anyone know if you can check a Nintendo online code without redeeming it?
Damn lucky at getting Ys ps4 to begin with but getting it complete is even more impressive. And yeah their "new" games seem to come opened more often lately :/

Fedex sucks. 3/3 of my orders this last week have been late, and I've had nothing but issues with them in the past.

Really wish GameStop hadn't changed over from UPS to FedEx.
I can top that. I'm still waiting on an order from the 10th. Half my orders from last week have already already come.

So when trading in G2L games, is the best approach to just cut the 2nd half of the receipt off (that had the EBC code) and show that? So they don't try and process it as a return?

So when trading in G2L games, is the best approach to just cut the 2nd half of the receipt off (that had the EBC code) and show that? So they don't try and process it as a return?
I would just tell them you want to trade it in. When they start to process it,tell them you have a coupon code for the trade in. Then you can just read them the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back