2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So when trading in G2L games, is the best approach to just cut the 2nd half of the receipt off (that had the EBC code) and show that? So they don't try and process it as a return?
Even if they try to, it wouldn't be hard to correct them. You'd see what they're doing on the pin pad. It's not like they would be able to process and refund you before you had a chance to say anything.

Bah 2 of the games I ordered are broken and wont read.  Now I have to figure out how I am gonna exchange these or something.  First time I've ever had this happen. I can't find the order slip that came with the package but the package was also delivered opened.  Is it possible to use the online order from the email? Or is there another way to get the online order print out?

Bah 2 of the games I ordered are broken and wont read. Now I have to figure out how I am gonna exchange these or something. First time I've ever had this happen. I can't find the order slip that came with the package but the package was also delivered opened. Is it possible to use the online order from the email? Or is there another way to get the online order print out?
Gamestop doesn't normally ship with a packing slip. They go by order number.

Bah 2 of the games I ordered are broken and wont read. Now I have to figure out how I am gonna exchange these or something. First time I've ever had this happen. I can't find the order slip that came with the package but the package was also delivered opened. Is it possible to use the online order from the email? Or is there another way to get the online order print out?
Check the back of the shipping label if it came from a store. Sometimes they forget to detach it.

Every gamestop order I have placed in the past 3 years hasn't come with a packing slip. And when I've had to return things they never ask for it because the order number is the only thing that matters.
Weird. I've done a handful of orders during these awesome 50% off sales, and each came in multiple packages...and I've gotten a packing slip in each one. Also, the price is often inaccurate and what I exactly paid, making a return a hassle. Luckily for me, only one game was busted that I got, and I've ordered around 20 or so...I took it back, but ended up just exchanging it for another random game that was the same price.

Gamestop doesn't normally ship with a packing slip. They go by order number.
All the orders I have gotten from them have a packing slip either inside the mailer or outside in the plastic behind the shipping label.

If the shipping label is in a plastic sleve the rpacking slip is on the back of the shipping label. If not it is typically in the box.
Nope it's a normal sticker label without the plastic cover.

Check the back of the shipping label if it came from a store. Sometimes they forget to detach it.
Sadly its just a shipping label sticker.

Every gamestop order I have placed in the past 3 years hasn't come with a packing slip. And when I've had to return things they never ask for it because the order number is the only thing that matters.
Maybe its specific rules for your area? As they always include a packing slip in all orders. As others mentioned I would say to check if any of your orders came in mailers with the plastic over the shipping label as that's semi often where the packing slip is if it isn't inside the package.

Thank you for all the replies. Guess I will just print out the order number and take the games in for an exchange or something. As like the other user said with them reflecting the sales price instead of their actual prices a return isn't worth it.

Anyone have a trick for searches on the mobile site? If I wanna browse all Mega Man games for example, it won’t let me, but it will pull it up if it’s a specific title.

The app is showing everything available for pickup at my store; 1 left in stock at my saved store. When I get to check out, those items are not available for pickup or shipping. So it appears the inventory checker could be doing the opposite (+1 instead of -1 for store stock)?

Yeah, I don’t see how that could be true if you have more than a few orders. It’s not like you have a personal packer different from everyone else. They do miss an order slip maybe 5-10% of the time for me. I’ve gotten weird inventory papers instead of packing slips. There have been periods where I got more in a row without slip, but since I’ve figured out about it sometimes being on the underside of the address label It’s been consistently included across many orders. Tearing off the address label is a pain and not something a customer should have to deal with or be expected to know, but like others have mentioned, if slip is missing it’s probably on the backside of your boxes address label. I just happened to discover that a few months ago when reusing one of the boxes to mail something else later. No way you have never seen a GameStop packing slip in 3 years though...I have noticed Bestbuy never includes an order slip anymore, but GameStop does and it’s required for returns.

I've only started recently ordering from GS again and every order has had a packing slip. My most recent order was a preorder for Crash 4, two hats and a lamp. So far I've received one of the hats (w/ packing slip) even though my order showed that I was supposed to at least get the game on release day (October 2nd). It still hasn't arrived.

Even if they try to, it wouldn't be hard to correct them. You'd see what they're doing on the pin pad. It's not like they would be able to process and refund you before you had a chance to say anything.

I would just tell them you want to trade it in. When they start to process it,tell them you have a coupon code for the trade in. Then you can just read them the code.
They acted weird last time I tried to trade in a G2L game (Madden 21), since I used certs. One store told me they wouldn't accept the trade, so I had to go to another store (and the other store processed it as a return, instead of a trade).

Yesterday I used $35 in certs on Crash 4, so hopefully they just let me trade in the game without their usual "why are you trading this in" or "oh I see you used x dollars in certs" nonsense. GS employees make it out as though doing their job is difficult though.

I received an order about 5 days ago that I placed at the end of September but it came under a different tracking number than what Gamestop shows online. In my order history it still just says "shipped" but the tracking number attached to the order shows awaiting pickup now for over a week. Is this normal with them? Will my order ever update online to show the tracking number of the box that was delivered?

Just got a 3rd game from GS that was in great shape/complete, except this was a much older game: Eternal Sonata for the 360. Really surprised a game that old arrived in such good shape.

I received an order about 5 days ago that I placed at the end of September but it came under a different tracking number than what Gamestop shows online. In my order history it still just says "shipped" but the tracking number attached to the order shows awaiting pickup now for over a week. Is this normal with them? Will my order ever update online to show the tracking number of the box that was delivered?
I've had this happen before but just once. I figured it was something to do with the transition from UPS to FedEx but honestly not sure- since over the past month or so, all my orders have been FedEx but I just got order shipped via UPS. I've placed around 30 orders this year so not sure how good of a sample size that is.

I've had this happen before but just once. I figured it was something to do with the transition from UPS to FedEx but honestly not sure- since over the past month or so, all my orders have been FedEx but I just got order shipped via UPS. I've placed around 30 orders this year so not sure how good of a sample size that is.
My orders have mostly been Fed-Ex as well, however the other day I got a UPS Innovations package. The handoff to USPS was surprisingly seemless too. No lost week in USPS limbo. Fed-Ex appears to only pick up once or twice a week from store locations, so Innovations is looking really good, sadly.

I got rid of the last of my PS4/XB1 trade fodder today, no probs. I have this vague memory of being screwed on promotion end dates before, so just wanted to get it done. Is it just me or did GS ever cut a promo at 12:01 am on the last promo day? (In this case 10-05-20 12:01am, such that the last feasible trade date would be 10-04-20)

Maybe I was dreaming.

They acted weird last time I tried to trade in a G2L game (Madden 21), since I used certs. One store told me they wouldn't accept the trade, so I had to go to another store (and the other store processed it as a return, instead of a trade).

Yesterday I used $35 in certs on Crash 4, so hopefully they just let me trade in the game without their usual "why are you trading this in" or "oh I see you used x dollars in certs" nonsense. GS employees make it out as though doing their job is difficult though.
It’s such a crapshoot always. I thought I would have no issue today with crash and squadrons g2l but nope. They rang it as a return after not figuring out how to do it. Now I probably won’t get my game coins.

Funny you mention that because when I did G2L for Marvels Avengers I never got my game coin either.  Looking back at the receipt I was refunded $62.80...which is odd.   They must have done some kind of override which equated with a return. 

I'm surprised how much Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Black, and White shot up in price. I always knew HGSS and Plat were up there but not the others.

So the 5-dollar certificate doesn't seem to work on pre-owned games with their discounts, so I have purchased socks the last two months. 

That's life in your 30s....buying socks from a game store.

So the 5-dollar certificate doesn't seem to work on pre-owned games with their discounts, so I have purchased socks the last two months.

That's life in your 30s....buying socks from a game store.
Those $5-6 clearance tees are clutch man. No shame. Got a DBZ gourd or whatever for $5 last month.

A recap of my last two weeks with multiple topics addressed:

A couple weeks ago I decided to replace the PS4 slim I sold last year, and bought a new PS4 slim. I used a $25 online cert and the $5 monthly cert, so I paid $269.99 before tax. Since GameStop had been out of stock on PS4 slims for a while, and there was no guarantee they'd still have them at holiday time (AFAIK PS4 stock will be relatively low from here on out due to the PS5 launch?) I decided to get one while it was still in stock and while I had some certs to use. Of course I got points for making the purchase too, but nothing major. One pleasant surprise that even though I chose standard (free) shipping, the console arrived in four days via FedEx.

On Monday, I went to my favorite store to pre-order and pre-pay for FIFA 21. I used a $25 e-reward coupon toward it, in addition to some leftover trade credit. This will be the first time I've ever bought it at launch--every other time I've waited for it to drop to $30 or below. The Game Coin is what prompted me to take the plunge this time. If I wasn't such a FIFA addict (see below), I'd probably do the return/trade G2L thing and wait for the drop like usual, but this isn't a normal year.  ;)

While I was in store, I bought Last Guardian for PS4 (didn't have it previously), and converted 5,000 points to an in-store coupon as well as using my monthly cert (same cert, but in store now) to knock $10 off the price down to $8.99. So I was feeling really thrifty...until Wednesday, when I saw that Last Guardian was DotD. :censored:

I called customer service and only had to wait a few minutes--good on that front. They couldn't just credit me the points without requiring me to return the game I purchased Monday, and I wouldn't be able to make it to a store on Wednesday. But once I did return the game they'd credit the points (as a one-time courtesy, I think they said--this was my first such request/issue).

So I purchased the game online at the deal price and luckily there was a copy available for pick-up at my 'other' store (not my favorite, usually less in stock, but closer). I have to say that I'm glad they fixed the issue with the stock appearing on the website (and app) or this wouldn't have been possible.

I got to the other store Friday, returned the copy I bought Monday--only getting the amount I paid back (not the coupons back)--and picked up the copy I bought Wednesday. That was the end of my planned errand...but surprisingly, the store was better-stocked with last-gen games than I had seen in several months. So although the 'buy 6 $29.99 or below get 50% off' promotion was online-only (I asked the associate to be sure), I was able to find 6 games I wanted relatively quickly in-store.

More importantly, they showed-up as in stock in the app (the new version, if you were wondering). Only one game I wanted that was in-store showed up as OOS in the app. Again, this wouldn't have been possible a few months ago when the website & app didn't accurately show games in-stock.

The games I got were (with sticker price before half-off): :360: FIFA 11 (0.99), FIFA 12 (0.99), FIFA 13 (1.99), FIFA 14 (1.99), Forza 4 (17.99); and :ps4: Detroit Become Human (19.99). I had traded in my old FIFA games a few years ago, but I don't mind playing the older games. Like I said, FIFA addict.  :lol:

Forza 4 had been on my wish list for the past several months but didn't show up as in stock either in-store or online. So having the 'FIFA filler' really helped me get Forza 4 (and Detroit Become Human) at half-off without spending a whole lot. The only drawback was that I had to do the transaction completely on the app and then wait about 45 min for the order to process for pick-up.

Finally, I called customer service Saturday (yesterday) and although the wait was closer to 15 minutes, I did get through, and they did say they would credit me the points. The points showed up today. Of course they *did* say it was a one-time deal. But overall, I have to say it went about as smoothly as it could, so I made sure to give everyone who helped high marks on the survey. 

I know that in many cases GameStop is YMMV but I wanted y'all to know that they do seem to have made some important improvements in some areas--though they seem to have dropped the ball on showing trade-in values when they picked it up on showing stock. In the case of the customer service, I think my infrequency of trade-ins and returns and not requesting credits before may have factored into it. *shrug*

Apologies for the wall of text!

TL;DR:

giphy.gif

P.S. Which type/format of URL do I need to use to have a GIF appear in my post, instead of just the link?

(EDIT: Thanks, Blade!)

Click the "Image" button on your WYSIWYG. They disabled bbcode for some reason.

[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/xOamlzKgTQZSE/giphy.gif

It’s such a crapshoot always. I thought I would have no issue today with crash and squadrons g2l but nope. They rang it as a return after not figuring out how to do it. Now I probably won’t get my game coins.
I had a weird experience with my home store today. The manager of the store is still not working but one of the employees that was there before the shutdown has been back to work. I went because I wanted to trade back Crash, so I said that and gave him the game and the part of the receipt with the EBC code. I tell him I want to put on Fifa and pay it off in full. So, at first, he decides to just trade it in, without using the EBC code that I gave him. Then he forgets that I wanted to pre-order FIFA. I got annoyed at that point, so he finally figured it out and was able to pay off FIFA.

This employee has been working at this store for a couple years. I don't get how terrible he could be at his job all of a sudden?

Noticed the trade page doesn’t show any promos. The +5 had shown until 10/5, while the others (20% crash, squadrons, 3d all stars, fifa 21) showed 10/4. Hoping it’s still active.

I'm surprised how much Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Black, and White shot up in price. I always knew HGSS and Plat were up there but not the others.
Pretty much everything shot up during COVID. I've got a few of them sealed from when FYE stopped selling games, and I noticed it when I was putting them into GameEye over the summer. Kinda nuts

My orders have mostly been Fed-Ex as well, however the other day I got a UPS Innovations package. The handoff to USPS was surprisingly seemless too. No lost week in USPS limbo. Fed-Ex appears to only pick up once or twice a week from store locations, so Innovations is looking really good, sadly.

I got rid of the last of my PS4/XB1 trade fodder today, no probs. I have this vague memory of being screwed on promotion end dates before, so just wanted to get it done. Is it just me or did GS ever cut a promo at 12:01 am on the last promo day? (In this case 10-05-20 12:01am, such that the last feasible trade date would be 10-04-20)

Maybe I was dreaming.
I can't seem to find the trade promo anywhere on the site and I had it in my mind that it was through the 5th. I was planning on going today too.

Grabbed a Gameboy NES SP just now for the shelf - looks like other retro consoles are popping in and out of stock. Was hoping the listings for "Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP Gray" or "Game Boy Advance System Recharged Refurbished" would show up, as they are much cheaper   :beer:

nytQUWt.png

Grabbed a Gameboy NES SP just now for the shelf - looks like other retro consoles are popping in and out of stock. Was hoping the listings for "Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP Gray" or "Game Boy Advance System Recharged Refurbished" would show up, as they are much cheaper :beer:

nytQUWt.png
Interesting... I didn't realize they actually distinguished consoles by model unless it was something functional (i.e., HD size). This is especially surprising for Nintendo handhelds since they make like a million variants.

Interesting... I didn't realize they actually distinguished consoles by model unless it was something functional (i.e., HD size). This is especially surprising for Nintendo handhelds since they make like a million variants.
The real test will be if they're accurate and fully functional

GameStop is crazy sometimes. This is the second time I’ve received a Switch game with no Game in it. Just an empty case. I don’t even understand how that happens once.

GameStop is crazy sometimes. This is the second time I’ve received a Switch game with no Game in it. Just an empty case. I don’t even understand how that happens once.
I’ve done tons of online orders since April. Probably close to a hundred or more now, I’ve completely lost count. I’ve had to call about a few stuck in delivery limbo, got the wrong game twice, but that’s it for me. Pretty good I think.

Got lucky and ordered a Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse for 3DS for pickup at a store near me. Turns out that they actually had the wrong game and labeled it wrong as Shiny Megami Tensei Devil Summoner Soul Hackers. I'll take that fuck up :) 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back