2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
it lists Includes a Nintendo Switch™ Dock, Nintendo Switch™ AC Adapter, and High Speed HDMI™ an HDMI Cable.
Don't care about the HDMI cable since those are easily found by now but I purchased enough used stuff from GS where something ended up being generic when it shouldn't be. I mainly want to make sure I get an official Nintendo dock and Nintendo power cord.

I haven't heard anything about off brand ones. I have 3 charging cords I got off Amazon that I believe are off brand. They work just fine. I wanted an extra one for the living room and 1 for work.
If you google NS dock alternatives (or something along those lines), you'll see a few stories about things like "why docks brick systems" or "which docks won't brick systems". I think it's an issue that was more common early in the NS life (read: higher than normal but still only affecting like 7-10% of systems) but not as big a deal now.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEV_enUS848US848&sxsrf=ALeKk01Lhja-W2Vb8aCm2qgdGy3WmwfoSA%3A1602613401790&ei=mfCFX-vTL-HH_QaIg5zQBg&q=third+party+nintendo+switch+dock&oq=third+party+nintendo+switch+dock&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzICCAAyBggAEAgQHjIGCAAQCBAeMgYIABAIEB4yBggAEAgQHjoHCAAQsAMQQzoECAAQDToGCAAQBxAeOggIABAIEAcQHlDdC1iFFWClFmgAcAB4AYABxAGIAZYLkgEDNi43mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBCsABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwirhJqUmLLsAhXhY98KHYgBB2oQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

Better hurry up if you want a dock for pickup, delivery only lasted like 5 minutes, and it's FP on Slickdeals! :shame:
Yeah, they're already sold out all around Chicago... outside of the south side (no thanks).

Don't care about the HDMI cable since those are easily found by now but I purchased enough used stuff from GS where something ended up being generic when it shouldn't be. I mainly want to make sure I get an official Nintendo dock and Nintendo power cord.

If you google NS dock alternatives (or something along those lines), you'll see a few stories about things like "why docks brick systems" or "which docks won't brick systems". I think it's an issue that was more common early in the NS life (read: higher than normal but still only affecting like 7-10% of systems) but not as big a deal now.
that was nykos fault

you can always return it brah idk but i picked mine up, oem dock.

anyone get the B2G2 on 29.99 games to work?
I decided not to checkout, but the promo was working fine online. That was about 3 hours ago. If you have a deal of the day discount in the cart it might not count towards the promo. Sometimes they do, but not often lately.

I personally wouldn't trust 3rd party power supplies or other critical components (like the dock / AC Power Supply).  They may generally work fine at first, but they degrade much more rapidly over time, to the point where they accept / give incorrect voltages / amperage eventually, as they age (and get much hotter than they used to get when once new).

If you ever built your own PC's you might recognize this tale from your own personal experiences.  I'm not talking about buying a well known respected case/power supply from an established manufacturer.  I'm simply talking about buying a generic & cheap case / power supply.

Nintendo has a vested interest in making your hardware work well into the future.  3rd party knockoffs, just want your money now, regardless of discomfort you may feel later, out of warranty.  I think 3rd party merchandise is a waste of money, if you value long term usage.

A possible solution would be if you ever bought a 2nd Switch, whether it was a V2, ACNH or other special franchise version.  Keep the original dock and power supply.  Sell the rest - hobby shop, online, local ... Having a 2nd dock for other rooms is bliss.  Having 2 original power supplies is godsend (One always connected to dock, one in your travel bag-or a room you prefer to lounge and play handheld).

---

I'm baffled as to what the "qualifying" $75 for $10 coupon means.  Only on DotD items?  Does it stack with the $300 for $30 coupon?  Ah GameStop, you're lucky I'm a gambler.  I rolled the dice.

So typical GameStop I ordered the dock for store pick up got email saying it was ready for pickup. On my way to the store I get a phone call saying they only had one in stock and two orders so mine got canceled. Thank god the store was on my home from work and I wasn’t making a special trip.

. On my way to the store I get a phone call saying they only had one in stock and two orders so mine got canceled.
"Oh no that's fine, no worries, thank you. Not like I really wanted to purchase the items I took time and selected in my cart anyways."

Just picked up 2 dock packages, both were oem docks and ac power adapters. Was worried about possibly getting 3rd party power adapters but lucked out.

So do you all think Xbox One's will be super cheap black friday?  Looking at the flash sale seem tempting for my broke ass. $150 phat Xbox One and $220 for the 1 TB Xbox One S.

1S was $199 bundled with a game last year so I would expect at least that again.
Are PS4 Slim and X1S consoles even back in stock at most places though? Last I checked, a couple months ago, they were sold out everywhere. I imagine it's hard to recover from that, especially towards the end of each consoles life cycle.

Are PS4 Slim and X1S consoles even back in stock at most places though? Last I checked, a couple months ago, they were sold out everywhere. I imagine it's hard to recover from that, especially towards the end of each consoles life cycle.
I see xb1s and switches at Walmarts consistently recently. Seems like they are building up some stock. PS4 popped up in a few but seem to have went away...perhaps it was the last of them before the PS5.

The Xbox One Ultra-Slim Charge system is part of the current 4-hour sale ($19.99 instead of $29.99). Anyone have this, and would you recommend it over using rechargeable batteries (my current way of powering my controllers)?

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/xbox-one/accessories/batteries-chargers/products/ultra-slim-charge-system-for-xbox-one/11099130.html?
Just go with MS's official play and charge kit or some rechargeable AA batteries.

3rd party kits usually cheap out on the battery quality(and the reviews reflect that). So that it'll hold a charge somewhat the first few days/weeks, but drain quickly or won't charge at all soon after. I learned my lesson during the Wii days to not deal with 3rd party charge kits after going through 3 different brands in a year.

Picked up two switch docks locally. Both came with OEM dock and OEM power cable along with braided striped HDMI cables. Ridiculous deal. The power cable alone retails for 30 bucks. 

Can't believe I missed that dock deal. Insane. But I ordered a NN3DS XL for local pickup at $99! Missed out through shipping but luckily the store that has it is not too far.

Not sure when it happened, but I just found out that the $5 monthly coupons for Pro members work on pre-orders now. I was able to use my October coupon on a pre-order of Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity (which comes out in November).

Earlier this year the coupons only worked on in-stock items, so they changed that at some point.

Not sure when it happened, but I just found out that the $5 monthly coupons for Pro members work on pre-orders now. I was able to use my October coupon on a pre-order of Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity (which comes out in November).

Earlier this year the coupons only worked on in-stock items, so they changed that at some point.
in store or online? Its worked online for a long time now, but you can only obviously apply a cert to a preorder once - can't preorder Cyberpunk with a $5 cert now for example, and try to add an additional $5 next month.

I picked up a dock at my store and it looks like who ever had it put it through a belt sander I don't understand why they accept these terrible trade ins.  

1S was $199 bundled with a game last year so I would expect at least that again.
I'd probably bite on that. Would totally go for an Xbox One X at that price.

Not in-store, but I have seen them at retailers' online webstores. Best Buy, Target, and even Gamestop I have seen new Slim and S consoles in-stock. Probably didn't last long though. I do have a feeling they are getting restocks or just new old stock being found.

I see xb1s and switches at Walmarts consistently recently. Seems like they are building up some stock. PS4 popped up in a few but seem to have went away...perhaps it was the last of them before the PS5.
Seen any Xbox One X or PS4 Pro systems? It would be interesting if those made it to this holiday shopping season.

32GB is the only card size I’m missing but think I’ll pass since most of my collection is physical. Just picked up my Vita slim and remembered how premium it feels compared to the Switch Lite. My Vita phat OLED display is still top. What a shame.

Also, we know GameStop has not tested those memory cards and many 64GB reportedly fail.

Sort of a strange question, but is there a best practice in using reward points? For instance, do certificates do weird things with discounts? Thanks! 

Sort of a strange question, but is there a best practice in using reward points? For instance, do certificates do weird things with discounts? Thanks!
Not claiming it's the best, but here's what I do:
Instore certs only (online certs frequently do not work)
Use certs when buying something physical (also saves on tax, ymmv by state)
Otherwise cash them out toward digital currency as needed.

Some people like to convert certs to tcredit with G2L titles but i dont want to put in that legwork.

Not claiming it's the best, but here's what I do:
Instore certs only (online certs frequently do not work)
Use certs when buying something physical (also saves on tax, ymmv by state)
Otherwise cash them out toward digital currency as needed.

Some people like to convert certs to tcredit with G2L titles but i dont want to put in that legwork.
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

How long after you reach $300 until you get the $30 off coupon? Hit the $300 mark yesterday from online orders.

Red Dead 2 PS4 flash sale should be a pretty good flip.

I normally save them for a game I plan on buying on release date in store. Everybody seems to have problems using them online or when games are on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back