2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sort of a strange question, but is there a best practice in using reward points? For instance, do certificates do weird things with discounts? Thanks!
I use my points when picking up G2L games, effectively turning 1:1 points into TC, even better if it includes $10 game coin. Some people have reported issues with JDs when taking them back, but I'm cool with my stores and never have issues.

I'd probably bite on that. Would totally go for an Xbox One X at that price.

Seen any Xbox One X or PS4 Pro systems? It would be interesting if those made it to this holiday shopping season.
$199 was the X1S price last holiday season, I picked up a leftover Fallen Order bundle for $199 at walmart back in February

I do not believe I have seen an X1X new anywhere since pre COVID. My understanding was that they hit $199 on Microsoft's website and sold out shortly before they announced the X was discontinued...I missed that deal. Maybe that was in March(ish). I would not expect you to see an X1X new anywhere besides resellers.

About 2 months back I was seeing some PS4 and PS4pro stock in walmarts. It was somewhat sporadic and seemed to last for about a month...then that stock seemed to have dried up. It was about the same time I started seeing full size switches trickling back in stock.

Man I have like 8 copies of Destiny 2 (all complete and in original case) from all the filler purchases I used for in store pickup and online orders to trigger 50% off. Anyone else?

Spoke to my home store which is going 1.0 and Xbox will swap places with Nintendo (going to the back) and a MS office/surface/pc gaming section between XB and PS4 in the middle. Also more floor space, less clutter between walls and lots more LCDs to play promos. Looks like no more retro section! (I was there to pickup 2 docks which were both Nintendo brand and in decent condition). Speaking of which, this 1up sale has been actually pretty good, sure they clearly limited quantities (which come back in stock afterwards) but there seems to be a bit of everything for most customer types and even some BF level deals. :applause: Maybe pro-day will be good this time... hopefully Reggie is doing some good!

How long after you reach $300 until you get the $30 off coupon? Hit the $300 mark yesterday from online orders
Fine print says 7-14 days (which was about right for my first coins) but after that have not received the correct number of coins (I’ve spent multiple 300s) so maybe there is a limit per PUR account (I only have one account) :oldman:

Does anyone have information regarding the Pro day sale? Seems strange that they haven't released any information considering it's supposed to be tomorrow.

Has anybody ever used a bigger amount of Power Up points on a console purchase? I have about 95,000 points and was thinking of using them towards my XB1SX purchase. Will this screw me over if the system is a lemon and I would need to exchange it? I will probably skip the GS extended warranty and go with something like SquareTrade or Upsie, not that it matters about me using the points. Any games I wanted to get I have purchased from BB since I had gift cards to use there, so there is really nothing to use these points on right now.

Has anybody ever used a bigger amount of Power Up points on a console purchase? I have about 95,000 points and was thinking of using them towards my XB1SX purchase. Will this screw me over if the system is a lemon and I would need to exchange it? I will probably skip the GS extended warranty and go with something like SquareTrade or Upsie, not that it matters about me using the points. Any games I wanted to get I have purchased from BB since I had gift cards to use there, so there is really nothing to use these points on right now.
I’m planning the same thing. The employee I spoke to said it’ll be fine, they refund the credit. But I’d take that at face value. I’m about to have to do a return Friday when they still haven’t shipped my game I bought with a cert. We’ll see how that goes.

Some are less than $3 on eBay. Which one do I want? I see 2V6.0 and V3.0, etc. Are they all the same or does the type matter?
They're essentially the same, but v6 smooths out some issues the v3s had, so I'd go with the 6 if I were you. I have a v5 and it works great in my OLED vita. If you have the OLED, don't get the v3 as they don't fit correctly. They're fine in the slims, however.

After work tonight, I cancelled a paid-off pre-order for Torchlight II for Xbox One that I had from March before the pandemic started.  It was paid for with flips.  And I had forgotten about it, but since the physical copies of that game never came out, I was able to get the $19.99 back, add the $5 monthly coupon, and buy a $25 PlayStation gift card with it after paying a penny.  

They would just swap it out. Your biggest problem would be finding a store that has one to exchange. Stock is going to be a problem for a couple months. If you return it for a refund, you would have to call customer service to get your points put back onto your account.

How long after you reach $300 until you get the $30 off coupon? Hit the $300 mark yesterday from online orders.

Red Dead 2 PS4 flash sale should be a pretty good flip.

I normally save them for a game I plan on buying on release date in store. Everybody seems to have problems using them online or when games are on sale.
Not that it matters, but how much was RDR2?

So how did the sales go? Besides switch dock seemed pretty meh

---
$370 for a One X ain't it chief.
Not when the going rate is 200-300 on CL/marketplace

$19.99 and it worked with the B2G2 (at least as one of the Buy games, I didn't try to see if I could get it for free)

$19.99 used which made it part of B2G2 sale.
Dang. Looks like I missed out, on that and the switch dock. Would have ended up just boomeranging them, but even so.

On a side note, looks like B2G2 is over and done with? Supposedly there's 20% off when you buy 2 or more pre-owned games $19.99 or under... but it doesn't appear to work (at least not yet).

Do we still get 10,000 bonus points for signing up or renewing? They sent an email a few days ago but I can't find any information about this on the website.

Dang, don't see any nice trade in offers for pro day.  Should I hold onto my pile of games and hope for something better next week? Or is it just too random to risk values going down?

They're essentially the same, but v6 smooths out some issues the v3s had, so I'd go with the 6 if I were you. I have a v5 and it works great in my OLED vita. If you have the OLED, don't get the v3 as they don't fit correctly. They're fine in the slims, however.
From what I read do you need to have a specific firm wear for it or can I just pop this in my vita?

LOL
How's your honorary "Pro Day" gonna be worse than a flash deal for regular customers
Yea, though at least B2G1 retro let me pickup a few titles I had on my "get for the shelf" list out of the wishlist :beer:

As of this morning B2G2 works on games $20-$30. Under $20 don't trigger the promo.
Yep, just make sure any pro-day sale items are the ones being paid for to qualify as a B2, they don't work as G2. (hope that made sense). I was able to get :switch: Wonderful 101 to work with B2G2

No trade bonuses are a bummer.
Just waiting and building stock for the next +$5 like usual :mrgreen:

Yea, though at leats B2G1 retro let me pickup a few titles I had on my "get for the shelf" list out of the wishlist :beer:

Yep, just make sure any pro-day sale items are the ones being paid for to qualify as a B2, they don't work as G2. (hope that made sense). I was able to get :switch: Wonderful 101 to work with B2G2

Just waiting and building stock for the next +$5 like usual :mrgreen:
I want to pick up some GBA games but really don't want to deal with the potential of fakes. Yes I know I can easily return to store but I hate returning games to store- employees always look at you like you're suspicious.

I want to pick up some GBA games but really don't want to deal with the potential of fakes. Yes I know I can easily return to store but I hate returning games to store- employees always look at you like you're suspicious.
I'll be honest.. I don't really care if the retro games I get really even works or is a repo. As long as the stickers look accurate and still elicits the childhood memories I had of saving all the birthday cash with my brother to buy a shitty shitty NES game like Little Nemo: Dream Master and never being able to beat it. Or all the games borrowed/shared between friends for the shared gaming library that probably got thrown out by parents once everyone went to college :shock:

Just called and got my 10,000 points for FIFA since I didn’t get the gamecoin (didn’t pay off early)...first she said she didn’t see it as part of the promotion but right when I started to tell her where to see it she said that she just found it...scared me for a second when she was “and you traded it in the next day” really thought she would shut me down but a few moments later she said she was adding the 10000 to my account

Anyone know if the $5 monthly reward for pro can still be using online and then instore or they close the loophole?  Also is it me or i can't find infamous second son at gamestop.com anymore

So, assuming I’m willing to pay MSRP instead of waiting for a price drop, and don’t really care about Kombat Pack 2, is the MK11 Aftermath Kollection the best bet at $40 for Pro Day? I think Kombat Pack 2 is the only difference between the Aftermath and Ultimate physical releases, since all versions receive the free next-gen upgrade.

Anyone know if the $5 monthly reward for pro can still be using online and then instore or they close the loophole? Also is it me or i can't find infamous second son at gamestop.com anymore
Anyone know if the $5 monthly reward for pro can still be using online and then instore or they close the loophole? Also is it me or i can't find infamous second son at gamestop.com anymore
I haven’t made the purchase yet but it showed up in my cart when I clicked apply.

So, assuming I’m willing to pay MSRP instead of waiting for a price drop, and don’t really care about Kombat Pack 2, is the MK11 Aftermath Kollection the best bet at $40 for Pro Day? I think Kombat Pack 2 is the only difference between the Aftermath and Ultimate physical releases, since all versions receive the free next-gen upgrade.
Amazon just had it for $34.99 the last 2 days for Prime Day, so just missed on getting it a little bit cheaper. I would say hold off getting it if you're wanting most of the DLC until Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Wouldn't surprise me if retailers mark down the Aftermath Edition to $20-$25 to clear them out for the Ultimate Edition then.

Chase Ultimate Rewards has 10% off a physical gift card that works in multiple places including GameStop. I hadn't redeemed points in a while so I had a good amount that should be arriving in a week or so. I can put towards some next gen games/accessories to trigger the $30 back on $300. Hope it helps someone else!

Amazon just had it for $34.99 the last 2 days for Prime Day, so just missed on getting it a little bit cheaper. I would say hold off getting it if you're wanting most of the DLC until Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Wouldn't surprise me if retailers mark down the Aftermath Edition to $20-$25 to clear them out for the Ultimate Edition then.
Thanks for pulling me back. Yes, I should wait like a true CAG. I’m still annoyed at myself for buying Injustice 2 Legendary at $30 when it’s like $10-15 now.

I used my $5 monthly on a BOPS about a week ago and it disappeared from my active offers. Same thing happened last month. Both were designated as V1. Before with the V2 coupons I could use it on BOPS and still have it in active offers for use it store

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back