2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
so I currently am just over 20k points. it's 15k for a pro renewal and right now they are doing an extra 10,000 to renew. so that seems like a no brainer if they can work together. am I missing something?

Edit: previous cyberpunk preorders still get the $20 gamecoin or no?

"Pre-purchase and get up to $20 Game Coin when you pick up Cyberpunk 2077 or Watch Dogs: Legion launch week"

To me that just sounds $10 Game Coin per title.

Chase Ultimate Rewards has 10% off a physical gift card that works in multiple places including GameStop. I hadn't redeemed points in a while so I had a good amount that should be arriving in a week or so. I can put towards some next gen games/accessories to trigger the $30 back on $300. Hope it helps someone else!
While certainly not as good as 10%, one of my local grocery stores has a rather large "wall" of giftcards for just about every local vendor + restaurants plus online services like EBay, and Gamestop. I think they have Amazon too. Their everyday discount is 3.5% of giftcard value, in a coupon towards $$ directly off your total grocery bill, 7% on holiday weekends (including Mothers / Fathers Day, Valentines, etc -- quite a few holidays with major+minor important days). The giftcards are active as soon as you walk out of the store.

I chuckle when I see someone in line at GameStop paying with cash or a CC. Not to mention, I'd rather GS did not store my CC info after a purchase. Security is probably low on their priorities, and not worth the gamble. Buying from GS, good gamble on current gen, conversely.

I don't use Chase banking, or any of their banking services.

Per your post, it's definitely worth looking at alternatives. It's bizarre that the savings essentially remove profit margin from GS on new HW/SW. Yet they offer them. Keep in mind too that a middle man takes a cut as well, for each giftcard sale. Bizarre, but it works.

edit - depending on your CC you may also get an extra % back on purchases. 1% or 2% generally, which stacks with the purchase cost, ultimately adding to the existing savings. Pays to look around.

I have a question about the  "10,000 POINTS WHEN YOU SIGN UP OR RENEW AS A PRO." Can I do this in store and can I use a $15 rewards certificate to pay for it?

"Pre-purchase and get up to $20 Game Coin when you pick up Cyberpunk 2077 or Watch Dogs: Legion launch week"

To me that just sounds $10 Game Coin per title.
It would say AND not OR if that was the case. You're getting an extra $10 for being a Pro or extra $5 for non-Pro. That's why it says up to.

I have a question about the "10,000 POINTS WHEN YOU SIGN UP OR RENEW AS A PRO." Can I do this in store and can I use a $15 rewards certificate to pay for it?
I'm gathering that nobody will know until the sale is over, since the points are not immediately added.

Also it may only pertain to someone who let their subscription lapse; GS has tricky word usage - Renew in their eyes may be to make current again (not a tacked on extra year for current members).

Adding a year of PUR is one of the only things GS employees can directly do with your points. Unless something changed, you should be able to do a year of PUR at the counter without mucking about ahead of time with a cert.

Also it may only pertain to someone who let their subscription lapse; GS has tricky word usage - Renew in their eyes may be to make current again (not a tacked on extra year for current members).
I think they've done this offer before, in May/June perhaps? Hopefully someone who took advantage then can clarify.

So anyone have experience with missing packages from GameStop? Bought some stuff from the B2G2 sale and only had 5 packages on the doorstep instead of the 7 it says delivered. Am I going to get anywhere with customer service or am I out of luck?

So anyone have experience with missing packages from GameStop? Bought some stuff from the B2G2 sale and only had 5 packages on the doorstep instead of the 7 it says delivered. Am I going to get anywhere with customer service or am I out of luck?
You have to contact whoever it shipped through first then contact gamestop. I just did this a week or two ago when my games shipping never updated and they never arrived.

CS is pretty good about sending replacement items as long as your account doesn’t have e a high occurrence of it. (The chat option comes up in the lower right on the website now)

Anecdotally, I’ve had a recent order perpetually stuck in “partially shipped” status even though I received everything but just today a duplicate item came in (cheap retro game so nothing amazing) from that order so guessing two tracking numbers broke something. Both via USPS from TX.

Check you mailbox (where I found mine). I also contacted GS this week for a different package that never arrived but delivered according to FEDEX. GS is shipping a replacement.

GameStop is a mess and honestly just terrible. Worse now with FedEx. I have 4 packages awaiting carrier pickup since the 2nd, 2 games that were delivered empty, case but no game, 1 package that was delivered just strait up empty. Just an empty envelope, 2 packages delivered to the wrong address, and one package that was delivered but not really. It ended up coming the next day. GameStop help does care and makes excuses, and just now I was delivered the wrong game completely. They told me to ship it back, at my expense I’m assuming since they didn’t say they pay for shipping, and they would refund everything but the $4 they charge for shipping. So I get to pay $8 for the honor of them shipping me a game.

I might be good.

I checked the tracking on the packages in question and they still show in transit with Friday as the delivery date. All packages that actually arrived show as delivered. So hopefully they do pop up tomorrow and it’s a case of GameStop’s email system being junk.

Order wise from the 50% off sale all but the fire emblem fates games came complete in their original cases out of my order surprisingly.

Sekiro shadows die twice ps4 came complete

fire emblem fates birthright and fire emblem fates conquest generic black cases for both

Trine collection switch complete

digimon cyber sleuth double pack switch complete

Harry potter collection switch complete

Ni no Kuni wrath of the white witch switch complete

Still waiting on my order of magnacarta and cold steel from the buy 1 get 1.

Is the pro $5 coupon supposed to work with any of the games on sale?  Doesn't seem to affect my cart amount when I place it in my cart.  Anyone know?

Is the pro $5 coupon supposed to work with any of the games on sale? Doesn't seem to affect my cart amount when I place it in my cart. Anyone know?
In my experience, it does not affect prices of games not items already on sale. If an item is on sale, no coupon!!

GameStop is a mess and honestly just terrible. Worse now with FedEx. I have 4 packages awaiting carrier pickup since the 2nd, 2 games that were delivered empty, case but no game, 1 package that was delivered just strait up empty. Just an empty envelope, 2 packages delivered to the wrong address, and one package that was delivered but not really. It ended up coming the next day. GameStop help does care and makes excuses, and just now I was delivered the wrong game completely. They told me to ship it back, at my expense I’m assuming since they didn’t say they pay for shipping, and they would refund everything but the $4 they charge for shipping. So I get to pay $8 for the honor of them shipping me a game.
Anecdotally , I read some posts on the GameStop reddit, where employees are complaining about missing inventory, notably consoles and controllers. Tampered packages. In a FedEx delivery to their store location.

Good job GameStop, save a buck, spend thousands with lawyers.

Fed-Ex is hot garbage. Their tracking website is comedy.

So I went to pay off my Watch Dogs to get the 20 coin and renew my Pro. The guy says I can't renew because I'm still elite until December, but like an hour later I receive an email that I used 15000 points to renew my Pro. WTF, where can you see when your Pro expires? It used to be in the app but now that thing is completely worthless.

I think they've done this offer before, in May/June perhaps? Hopefully someone who took advantage then can clarify.
Yeah, I did this last time they had this same deal for Pro day, don't remember exactly when it was. I renewed for another year then (was already a current PUR Pro member) and got the 10k points like a couple of days later. I would expect this one to work the same way, just renewed for another year today.

Basically another free year after getting the points plus the $5 cert for renewing.

So I went to pay off my Watch Dogs to get the 20 coin and renew my Pro. The guy says I can't renew because I'm still elite until December, but like an hour later I receive an email that I used 15000 points to renew my Pro. WTF, where can you see when your Pro expires? It used to be in the app but now that thing is completely worthless.
You'll have to login on the desktop website to check. The app gives a weird stupid countdown instead of the date.

Yeah, I did this last time they had this same deal for Pro day, don't remember exactly when it was. I renewed for another year then (was already a current PUR Pro member) and got the 10k points like a couple of days later. I would expect this one to work the same way, just renewed for another year today.

Basically another free year after getting the points plus the $5 cert for renewing.
Did you renew in-store or online last time?

I'm on the same boat. Mines also expires in December. After trying it in store I tried online and it tells me that if I renew it would expire 1 year from today instead of 1 year from December. I'm thinking about just renewing and then calling customer service after to see if they can adjust it.

Is the pro $5 coupon supposed to work with any of the games on sale? Doesn't seem to affect my cart amount when I place it in my cart. Anyone know?
It doesn't.

I was disappointed to find that out firsthand today trying to buy Streets of Rage 4. I almost wanted to say fuck it because it was the last not sealed copy and $20 was my price point in my head, not $25. But the clerk was nice about it and it was already all cased up and ready to go so I felt obliged to go through with the purchase.

Gamestop always finds new ways to disappoint me and I don't think I'll be renewing my PUR when I barely use the $5 coupons as it is and then every time I actually try to there seems to be some dumb snag. The coupon says $5 off any 1 item, not $5 off any 1 item that isn't on sale. God I yearn for the days of just getting a blanket 10% off, let alone the golden 20%.

Sigh.. all the retro games shipped USPS MI (warehouse), all the current gen Fedex (stores). Guessing that is going to be the norm.

Didn't see it in the ad but the worker at my Gamestop told me if I spend $60 I get $10 reward for pro day today.
It's at the bottom of the first page of the ad. Doesn't seem to be mentioned elsewhere but who knows what the exact details are or if you can earn multiples.

https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/Pro_Days_1015-1018_Ad

In my experience, it does not affect prices of games not items already on sale. If an item is on sale, no coupon!!
Miss the old days of promos that worked with cag16 + coupons :wall:

Wasn't having any luck earlier today using any kind of coupon on GS.com regardless of item- even a web $5 i just redeemed for. Had to call and open a case for a post-order adjustment.

every time I actually try to there seems to be some dumb snag. The coupon says $5 off any 1 item, not $5 off any 1 item that isn't on sale.
I have a $5 online cert just sitting in the locker because it doesn't apply to anything I try. There's so many hoops to jump through to get it to work it's aggravating.

Wasn't having any luck earlier today using any kind of coupon on GS.com regardless of item- even a web $5 i just redeemed for. Had to call and open a case for a post-order adjustment.
Online point redemption has been broken for some time. (bye bye points, or call to get them back [minus 2 hours of your life].)

If you have an active certificate to redeem, one that does not require points, it's likely only going to be valid in-store. I'm talking "coins". Trying to use them on the website is .. ahh umm questionable? You might lose your "milestones". And then you need to call to get them back [minus 2 hours or your life.].

Don't redeem web coupons from your instinctual "thoughts". They are so broken currently it's unreal.

Use your certificates in-store. Buy [shitty games] to flip, on sale, not much else to say. Then use the coupon to your advantage. Or buy a game you really want and keep it. /cheers

So, my PUR Pro doesn't expire until December, but I remember always being able to add-on additional years in the past (if I wanted). Tried renewing / adding on a year earlier today in order to get in on the promo (10k points), but the rep didn't allow me to do that. Asked me to come back in Dec after my membership expires. Aren't they incentivized to increase memberships? I figured they would be eager to sign-up another year for me. I'm probably wrong, it's been awhile since I've shopped at GS.

So during the pandemic there seems to be a massive list of stuff GameStop no longer accepts.

Do they still accept ps3/360 stuff at all?

What about Wii U or Wii?

3ds?

I feel like I don’t see any new stock in store for any of the above anymore.

I definitely don’t think they accept console trade ins for the above at all.

So during the pandemic there seems to be a massive list of stuff GameStop no longer accepts.

Do they still accept ps3/360 stuff at all?

What about Wii U or Wii?

3ds?

I feel like I don’t see any new stock in store for any of the above anymore.
It's less about the pandemic, and more about how their business model changed. They want to exit the last++ gen market ASAP.. with exception of valuable games (which gives more lee-way to fakes, lets be real, they don't see it this way, and many of their customers don't know or don't care).

[BLUE QUOTE ABOVE] To understand why there isn't any "new stock", you must first understand their business.

GS wants their inventory to be FAR less than it used to be, essentially. If you don't believe me, read their investor articles.

GS doesn't want your old systems. They don't want most of your old games. Unless said old games are valuable. Then they want them. I'm not defending them, but it's how it is.

I also wouldn't sell rares to them. But apparently, some people do. Along with fakes. "roll the dice" isn't a made up term in a GS thread. Every purchase is a gamble -- sometimes you win, sometimes you lose :p

So, my PUR Pro doesn't expire until December, but I remember always being able to add-on additional years in the past (if I wanted). Tried renewing / adding on a year earlier today in order to get in on the promo (10k points), but the rep didn't allow me to do that. Asked me to come back in Dec after my membership expires. Aren't they incentivized to increase memberships? I figured they would be eager to sign-up another year for me. I'm probably wrong, it's been awhile since I've shopped at GS.
Same thing happened to me, but it appears that the guy did use my points to buy a code for another year because I received an email like an hour later. I wonder if this counts for the Pro day promo. Probably going to have to call and wait for a rep to find out and even then they'll give me the wrong answer.

The rep was mistaken. You can renew while still currently a Pro member (done it multiple times without any issues). Are you by any chance still an Elite member? If you are, then I don't think you can renew and would have to wait.

Is the 'buy a new game for $29.99, get 30% off a pre-owned game' promo dead?

Doesn't seem to be working online at the moment..
Looks to be still active. But they block most/all promos and certs involving items that are part of the pro day sale.

Is "pro day" only yesterday or is it going on over the weekend too?
PROS ONLY 10/15 - 10/16
EVERYONE'S A PRO 10/17 - 10/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back