2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick Question. Its been awhile since i've bought stuff from gamestop. I have the Xbox Series X reserved from gamestops website, am I able to pay it off in store, or trade some stuff in for credit towards that purchase in store?

Quick Question. Its been awhile since i've bought stuff from gamestop. I have the Xbox Series X reserved from gamestops website, am I able to pay it off in store, or trade some stuff in for credit towards that purchase in store?
I don't believe so....i've already talked to my local store and once I get the X i'm going to return and then rebuy using trades, trade credit, and certificates....

Mario Kart Live - Mario and Luigi in stock now for ordering. Don’t forget they count as a new game to get 30% off whatever. (DOES seem to work with the $38 first party sale switch games!)

Target /BB / WM also has stock in store for pickup. :)

May also want to get tiny scissors to clear out the hair that will get tangled in the wheels....

I've noticed a few small bumps today.

NFS: Heat, Doom Eternal, Bioshock Collection (NSW) have all gone up a few $

Edit:

It looks like they went back down in value except for Doom.

I've noticed a few small bumps today.

NFS: Heat, Doom Eternal, Bioshock Collection (NSW) have all gone up a few $
Doom Eternal at 15 seems like the only bump. NFS Heat and Bioshock at 9 and 12 respectively went down earlier during the week with the sale price in effect. (they were at 17-18 when i bought my copies mon/tues)

I can trade my two copies on hand and reorder them with b2g2

Mario Kart Live - Mario and Luigi in stock now for ordering. Don’t forget they count as a new game to get 30% off whatever. (DOES seem to work with the $38 first party sale switch games!)

May also want to get tiny scissors to clear out the hair that will get tangled in the wheels....
Thanks for the heads up. didn't seem to work on the $38 games for me. tried aces, mario party, smbu.

Grabbed BOTW to flip back for 30-40% instead as long as 30 base holds.

Instore it's still 30% off

This worked out great for me in-store today!
I got to my local Gamestop right when they opened and got a Mario Kart Live set (one of only two sets they received!), 3 PS4 games I had pre-ordered (Blair Witch, Remothered: Broken Porcelain, and Earth Defense Force 5), and pre-owned copies of Splatoon 2, Super Mario Party, & Yoshi's Crafted World for Switch.
The 30% discount applied to all 3 Switch games so they were only $26.59 each! :)

is store pickup/inventory tracking completely broken again?
Supposedly a lot of stores went down late yesterday and didnt come back up till this afternoon. Couldn't check stock or pickup orders, etc.

Thanks for the heads up. didn't seem to work on the $38 games for me. tried aces, mario party, smbu.
Yea, online checkout didn't work with the switch titles - odd since cag16 works with them... but in-store was fine like you said. :beer: Looks like GS stores only got Mario in-store and Luigi was online only (probably produced Mario 3:1 ratio from historical Mario vs Luigi sales data I'm sure!)

The 30% discount applied to all 3 Switch games so they were only $26.59 each! :)
Interesting, I woulda guessed they'd have tried to force you to do 1x50% + 1x30% instead of 3x 30%. Nice how if worked out in this case!

I'm mostly surprised by how BIG the Kart is, was expecting something more compact. Or just been looking at the hotwheels mario karts in my stocking stuffer bag. Debating picking up Luigi... :bomb:

Is there some trick to renewing online with points? It gave me a coupon code, but let me check out with the code? About to give up and just go in and renew tomorrow. 

It's not as quick as the old one but the new GS app seems to have gotten an update that includes the ability to check trade in values.

Profile->Trade-Ins

Saved trades are finally working again too!

Think buying $60 in digital credit would qualify for the $10 coupon? Can we use $10 coupons on digital credit? Thanks for any help!

Edit: maybe a better move is renewing pro + $45 in digital credit...

Think buying $60 in digital credit would qualify for the $10 coupon? Can we use $10 coupons on digital credit? Thanks for any help!

I don't have an exact answer for you but I think Pro is technically $14.99 so I would be careful about that plus $45 and winding up a penny short.

"Pre-purchase and get up to $20 Game Coin when you pick up Cyberpunk 2077 or Watch Dogs: Legion launch week"

To me that just sounds $10 Game Coin per title.
email fine print about this deal says:

"* PowerUp members get $10 Game Coin when you pre-purchase in full these games before the day of launch of the game. Games must be picked up during launch week. Pro members get an extra bonus of $10 Game Coin, Players $5 Game Coin when they pick up the game during launch week. Game Coins delivered via active offers within 72 hours of pick-up of the game. Coupon valid for two weeks. Limit one coupon per game. Shipping may apply. Terms subject to change."

So it should be an actual $20 if they actually do it right....

Yep tried on mobile and browser, ‘Destiny 2’ is a good game to test it out with. Hope it gets fixed by the weekend
Destiny 2 isn't the easiest case to test with anymore. My local store has been sold out of that game on XBox since the pandemic and they don't take it in trade so there's no restock anywhere. Now on PS4 I've been told they have almost 100 copies used.

Fine print says digital and gift cards don't qualify:

PowerUp Rewards Pro Members are eligible to receive a $10 coupon when you spend $60 or more in a single transaction 10/15/2020 – 10/18/2020. POSA, Gift Cards and New Hardware purchases do not contribute to the $60 spend. Coupon will be delivered to active offers within 7 to 10 business days after qualifying. Coupon redemption is valid between 11/1 – 11/7/20. Limit 1 coupon per customer. See store associate for details. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Fine print says digital and gift cards don't qualify:

PowerUp Rewards Pro Members are eligible to receive a $10 coupon when you spend $60 or more in a single transaction 10/15/2020 – 10/18/2020. POSA, Gift Cards and New Hardware purchases do not contribute to the $60 spend. Coupon will be delivered to active offers within 7 to 10 business days after qualifying. Coupon redemption is valid between 11/1 – 11/7/20. Limit 1 coupon per customer. See store associate for details. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
I think this includes online purchases, as far as we know? Probably one per person. In theory there should not be anything stopping this from stacking with the rolling spend $300 get $30, which many have reported can be earned multiple times. I have the worst luck with these offers, I should be getting at least one of each (a $30 and a $10) soon.

Well, here's hopin' that we get a booster next week.

I'm still trade capped, but stuff rolling off next week.  So if there is a booster, awesome!  Got several hundred $$ to dump.

--

Offtopic - :switch: Two Point Hospital is a really good game!  Quirky, just like me.  Glad I got in before it sold out.  A GS employee told me that is was recently converted to pre-owned (and they would no longer stock it).  The copy arrived, perfect, coins still intact and all.  Animal Crossing:NH now has something to compete for my time :cool:

A SEGA game .. bizarre.

If I renew my membership before it expires, is the 5 dollar coupon that prints on the receipt separate from the 5 dollar monthly reward in my account?

If I renew my membership before it expires, is the 5 dollar coupon that prints on the receipt separate from the 5 dollar monthly reward in my account?
Yes, in fact both can be used at the same time. Used mine on $10 Xbox credit earlier this month after renewing.

Does GS just turn off or shut down their in store locator whenever they have a huge sale or something? I feel like it went down at the start of Pro Days, but even in the past, it seems like it stopped working during any type of BxGx sale or a large x% off sales. 

I was able to buy a used copy of Disaster Report 4 PS4 and need to drive like 65 miles to pick it up. I was hoping to check for some games in any stores on the way but their in store checker has been down. 

Does GS just turn off or shut down their in store locator whenever they have a huge sale or something? I feel like it went down at the start of Pro Days, but even in the past, it seems like it stopped working during any type of BxGx sale or a large x% off sales.

I was able to buy a used copy of Disaster Report 4 PS4 and need to drive like 65 miles to pick it up. I was hoping to check for some games in any stores on the way but their in store checker has been down.
I assume you want the game for your collection. Otherwise 130 miles round trips is a bad deal. ($-9 - $15 gas), ($20 -$30 vehicle wear and tear) .. double or triple that depending on the car you drive. I wouldn't go through that effort for 1 game, otherwise.

I never attempted to buy Disaster Report 4, because it looked like a boring game, and got neutral / negative revies. I liked the artwork, along with YouTube gameplay - play sessions. If it's really good, please tell myself + the community!! Is it a good game? [if you intend to flip it, you spent alot already - appears as a loss, personally].

I assume you want the game for your collection. Otherwise 130 miles round trips is a bad deal. ($-9 - $15 gas), ($20 -$30 vehicle wear and tear) .. double or triple that depending on the car you drive. I wouldn't go through that effort for 1 game, otherwise.

I never attempted to buy Disaster Report 4, because it looked like a boring game, and got neutral / negative revies. I liked the artwork, along with YouTube gameplay - play sessions. If it's really good, please tell myself + the community!! Is it a good game? [if you intend to flip it, you spent alot already - appears as a loss, personally].
Yeah, I collect so don't always buy games just because they're good. I already did the math, it ended up being ~$50 for the game after CAG16/tax + ~$16 gas. A friend of mine lives there, gonna meet up with him while I'm down there too so I don't see the trip itself as anything wasteful.

And honestly, with no commute to work and with so little done this summer, I wouldn't mind driving somewhere for the fuck of it...

Got a $10 cert for renewing PUR today in store. Let me change the two online games I ordered for complete in box copies too. GS has been bringing it lately.

Picked up the $20 Switch dock deal and mentioned wanting to renew my Pro. I asked if the monthly $5 would work toward it and they said no but instead did a return of the dock and rang it up with the monthly $5 and $5 store certificate from points making it $5 out of pocket to renew for a year. The receipt has a new $5 monthly code and I should get the 10,000 points for renewing next week.

Not bad.

Got a $10 cert for renewing PUR today in store. Let me change the two online games I ordered for complete in box copies too. GS has been bringing it lately.
Are you sure the cert was for renewing? What does the cert say on it? According to the ad your supposed to get 10,000 points, not a cert. I renewed on Thursday and haven't received anything yet.

Are you sure the cert was for renewing? What does the cert say on it? According to the ad your supposed to get 10,000 points, not a cert. I renewed on Thursday and haven't received anything yet.
Yeah I renewed on Thursday as well and have not gotten any points.

Yeah, I collect so don't always buy games just because they're good. I already did the math, it ended up being ~$50 for the game after CAG16/tax + ~$16 gas. A friend of mine lives there, gonna meet up with him while I'm down there too so I don't see the trip itself as anything wasteful.

And honestly, with no commute to work and with so little done this summer, I wouldn't mind driving somewhere for the fuck of it...
And if he decides to go crazy and sell it down the road it's semi rare iirc so he may be able to get a pretty penny for it.

Anyone know of this new reset gamestop is doing to the stores? According to some of the employees on reddit, they are taking both the new and preowned copies off the shelves and just sticking placeholders for the top-selling games up there with a new and preowned price sticker. So, now we have to ask the employee if they have a game and if it has the original case for every game???? This sounds disastrous...

Links to gamestops subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/ja138r/so_about_this_new_reset/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/jc28l8/please_explain_the_move_from_guts/

Anyone know of this new reset gamestop is doing to the stores? According to some of the employees on reddit, they are taking both the new and preowned copies off the shelves and just sticking placeholders for the top-selling games up there with a new and preowned price sticker. So, now we have to ask the employee if they have a game and if it has the original case for every game???? This sounds disastrous...

Links to gamestops subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/ja138r/so_about_this_new_reset/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/jc28l8/please_explain_the_move_from_guts/
Ha, what an absurdly awful idea. I can see it already.

Normal People: what do you mean you don't have this? It's in my hand right now and I just waited in a 20 minute line.

Collectors: Do you have this? Do you have this? Do you have this? Do you have this? Oh, you do? Can I see the case?

When does B2G2 $29.99 and under end?

... It looks like it ended, but hard to tell with gamestop's garbage website.

Yeah I don't like the sound of that at all.  Honestly I'd prefer if they just kept the games all behind the counter like they do at one of the gamestops near me. They stack the popular ones on a counter or shelves behind for display purposes and the rest are in the cabinets under the counters. 

Any word on G2L for Cyberpunk? Didn't see it in the ad.
I think they typically only put them in the ads when it's releasing that same week. I believe Watch Dogs 2 is G2L but since that's out the 29th, it's also not in the ad yet.

Watch Dogs 2 was also the furthest-out-release that we saw advertised in-store, so once that's out, we might get a list of new titles. Success Cyberpunk has game coin, I wouldn't be surprised if it is G2L - most game coin titles recently have been.

On another note, I haven't got the Game Coin from Fifa yet, and no $10 coupon for spending $75 on the 13th.

I think they typically only put them in the ads when it's releasing that same week. I believe Watch Dogs 2 is G2L but since that's out the 29th, it's also not in the ad yet.

Watch Dogs 2 was also the furthest-out-release that we saw advertised in-store, so once that's out, we might get a list of new titles. Success Cyberpunk has game coin, I wouldn't be surprised if it is G2L - most game coin titles recently have been.

On another note, I haven't got the Game Coin from Fifa yet, and no $10 coupon for spending $75 on the 13th.
- I haven't gotten the game coin from Crash. Doubt I will.

- I haven't gotten the coupon from the "spend $75 get $10 coupon" either... and that coupon is effective starting today.

Gamestop better get their ass in gear, as that second coupon only lasts a short period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back