2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Website shows everything regular price for me. I received an order confirmation and checked my PayPal account as now I was only charged for shipping for the game.

Now It's showing regular prices but I was seeing free well after people were saying normal prices. I got one order in for $3.99. 

Some of the items I ordered are preparing for shipment. I did multiple orders and I picked express shipping in every single order. Just hoping something goes through the cracks.

If I do get charged the full price of the game I ordered basically for free ill just return it to my home store. The manager is really cool when it comes to helping customers

I just didn't think big enough. I only put in two games on separate orders. I'll keep that express order in mind if this ever happens again. I imagine a few if these will slip through though. It's like rushing the floor of show when the lights go out. Just don't be the skinny nervous guy that gets tackled by security.

Couple of my items are preparing for shipment as welll haha

Staying hopeful but won’t be mad if it does get cancelled

Sorry I missed out as well, was watching Borat 2!  :joystick:

Hope everyone gets # of orders x $10 coupons! 

60 page Holiday Catalog on the website (everything MSRP) but does show some new items that I might pickup on clearance in 3 months!  :roll:

I wonder if the end of month boost will have Mario Party and Mario Bros. Deluxe go above the current $30 trade in or if I should hang on.
FWIW august was the last time they bumped values to $35 base outside of the daily deal for 3 games they had a few weeks ago. I wouldn't bank on it, but I also don't see the value dropping by next week.

Hey guys, its been a minute since i've been here. I'm looking for a nice trade in deal to use credit towards new gen stuff. Has there been any amazing deals for trade ins like accessories, systems, switch games? I'm mainly looking to get rid of my switch games and multiple xbox one controllers. I remember getting great deals like $50+ credit for smash bros a while back & $30-something for controllers.

Hey guys, its been a minute since i've been here. I'm looking for a nice trade in deal to use credit towards new gen stuff. Has there been any amazing deals for trade ins like accessories, systems, switch games? I'm mainly looking to get rid of my switch games and multiple xbox one controllers. I remember getting great deals like $50+ credit for smash bros a while back & $30-something for controllers.
Check the weekly ad and some games have +30% (10% of that is pro) trade towards some new games

https://www.gamestop.com/weekly-ad

At the very end

Weird, got an email saying my order was cancelled due to an invalid promotion...

Thing is, I didn't have an order during this crazy fiasco.  WTF gamestop? It gave me an order number, but I'm 99% it's not mine.

Yesterday I uninstalled the GS app, redownloaded it through the $10 off $60 promo email, and just now got the notification with the code.

Fine print says it's only useable through the app, expires on 10/31, and "code given through push notifications", so make sure that's turned on.

Looks like animal crossing switches back in stock at GS so I’m guessing all the free orders last night got cancelled cancelled already and stock freed up.

Yesterday I uninstalled the GS app, redownloaded it through the $10 off $60 promo email, and just now got the notification with the code.

Fine print says it's only useable through the app, expires on 10/31, and "code given through push notifications", so make sure that's turned on.
Never got an email with a link - mind sharing? (I guess unless it’s targeted with your info?)

Does anyone know if the 20% trade in bonus applies if you trade games towards the PS5 version of Spider-Man: Miles Morales, specifically the $70 Ultimate Edition? The ad only shows the PS4 version.
Does anyone know the answer to this? My question kinda got buried by the “everything is free” stuff lol

If they were smart, they would just cancel all orders between 10pm and 6am (cast a wide net just to be sure nothing slips through the cracks).
Why would you help Dave out like this?

dr-who-rain.gif

Why would you help Dave out like this?

dr-who-rain.gif
It would probably be preferable if they cancel, instead of just sitting on everybody's money since everything shows "Awaiting Availability" and that seems to indicate the order is in limbo. Of course that's assuming that's what they're doing, is just sitting on our money with no intent to ship.

Just got an email with my $10 coupon from the 1UP sale, which I guess was the name of their Prime Day sale. Didn't realize it was an online-only coupon, but it's valid until Oct 31st.

For anyone else that got the app download coupon for $10 off $60, does it work? I have over $60 in my cart, nothing pre order or hardware, and it just says unable to verify and basically crashes the app...

so i am guessing we are going to need to call GS in order to get our 10,000 points for renewing pro?
I didn't get the 10k points, but I got more $30 coupons. They just trickle in over time when I least expect them. Calling wouldn't hurt, but I imagine they are backlogged like crazy.

Does anyone know if Best Buy takes in-store preorders for games like the 30th anniversary edition of Fire Emblem? I missed out on the online preorders.

The community knows Dave.

I don't personally think it's Dave. Maybe I'm wrong. As a dedicated member, Dave was not involved. Correct if wrong.

Sh*tbag, yes. Dave, no.

The two of participants -- you don't have what it takes to be Dave. Period. He/She was far more adventurous [and entertaining!!!].
May 2020 join date. Shut up dude.

Does anyone know if Best Buy takes in-store preorders for games like the 30th anniversary edition of Fire Emblem? I missed out on the online preorders.
I tried once and was told they go their website just like we would so if you can' t get it online they prob can't place the preorder for you. It doesn't hurt to ask if you're going to the store though.

Not sure what is going on but I got the email with $10 codes from the 1Up Sale. I entered one and it is taking $10 off each item in my cart. Just to make sure the codes aren't linked to my account, I added 6 items (I have 5 codes), and it is taking the $10 off each of the 6 items.

Sounds like GameStop is on a roll lately, everything free, everything cancelled, no game coin or promo credit they offered for most, for those that do get it, it applies to anything they want an infinite number of times (can just fill the cart with $10 items?).  All within the span of 24 hours.  

The $10 off $60 app coupon is working for me (2 GBA games) and it kind of stacks with cag16. The first game gets $10 off while the second copy gets the 16% off.

Not sure what is going on but I got the email with $10 codes from the 1Up Sale. I entered one and it is taking $10 off each item in my cart. Just to make sure the codes aren't linked to my account, I added 6 items (I have 5 codes), and it is taking the $10 off each of the 6 items.
Well, I just order 46 preowned games (under the $19.99 or under banner). Got them all for $6.45 with premium shipping.

Well, I just order 46 preowned games (under the $19.99 or under banner). Got them all for $6.45 with premium shipping.
30 games and collectibles ordered, order detail and credit card statement with pending $8.50 transaction screenshotted... now to sit back and wait to see how this goes. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Edit: one hour later and 13 items are preparing to ship, the rest are awaiting product availability.

Would I be able to use one of those codes? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back