2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all,

So I canceled a preorder that I used a giftcard to make the purchase. How long you think it'll take for them to mail me a new giftcard? I made the cancellation on October 24th. Just curious if anyone else was in the same spot! Thanks!

Just got a $30 for spending $300. Picked up prepaid Watchdogs Ulitimate on Friday but haven't gotten the gamecoin yet.

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

Gs manager on duty it says according to my tracking info from the order delivered today. And they don't deliver it in anything but the case in the one I got delivered today (which is now wet due to the blizzard and I am lucky I texted someone to put it inside for me) so I wouldn't recommend it except in cases where it's the only option available.
Interesting, I doubt I'd use that option at all especially for gifts :oldman:

If you're wondering why you can't use it online, you have to add stuff to your cart first before you can apply it.
I can't apply any of my $30 certs regardless of what I have in the cart. (Monthly cert applies fine)

Will the $30 work in store towards a PS5 when I pick it up on release day? Sucks that the $10 for $60 one expires before next week, the $30 one I have is good until December.

Had to call to get some points refunded from a couple online-only reward certificates I redeemed that ended up not working. Asked about the bonus $10 game coin for Watch Dogs and they ended up just giving me the 10,000 points.

Spend $60 Pro Days Get $10 Game Coin off 1 Gamestop Item coupon showed up at the same time as monthly for me - look like it expires 11/7 and seems to be in-store only.

Weekly ad looks like another lame week, no desire to trade-in anything yet! :oldman:
I have the $10 game coin coupon but I never got the monthly $5 off any item in my account. I renewed my PRO account last week too. Is the $5 coupon supposed to be loaded in my account at the beginning of every month? Or am I supposed to wait longer?

Ordered something last week.  The Fedex tracking they gave me says my games were delivered in another state 7 hours away and 2 weeks before I ordered them

I have the $10 game coin coupon but I never got the monthly $5 off any item in my account. I renewed my PRO account last week too. Is the $5 coupon supposed to be loaded in my account at the beginning of every month? Or am I supposed to wait longer?
You didn’t get in on your receipt when you renewed?

Hm.. yeah, you guys are right. I can't apply mine either and I know I didn't use it.
The $30 for $300 certificate is only working in store. Tried using it online everyday for a week with every combo of items possible, none would load cert. Went in store yesterday, and monthly PUR and both my $30 certs showed up as soon as they entered my phone#. I bought a $40 new game and used the $30 + $5. So it works but Im not sure if 1 item must be $30 + or if it would split for $10 each for 3x games,ect.

looks like a bunch of 1st party switch games are going on sale. gonna unload my copies while they're still 30 base. trade in values haven't been updated in a week (stupid stealth no bump) and I expect them to adjust tomorrow. 

looks like a bunch of 1st party switch games are going on sale. gonna unload my copies while they're still 30 base. trade in values haven't been updated in a week (stupid stealth no bump) and I expect them to adjust tomorrow.
Which ones are you seeing are going to go on sale and where?

Will the $30 work in store towards a PS5 when I pick it up on release day? Sucks that the $10 for $60 one expires before next week, the $30 one I have is good until December.
The fine print says specifically the $30 coin doesn't work on new hardware or POS cards. I WAS able to get it to work on gaming cards (XBOX, Eshop, etc) but wasn't able to get it to work towards an AC Switch Console. So I suspect it will NOT work towards your PS5.

I think the first coupon might take a bit longer, kinda remember the first coupon when they converted to the new system be missing... I guess it also might be if there was a lapse in your membership.

No dice on trade bumps today. Just the standard 10%
The long list of games from last week was reduced to just Pikmin 3 and current gen Watchdog Legions. I don't even think the 30% shows up in the ad.

The fine print says specifically the $30 coin doesn't work on new hardware of POS cards, but I was able to get it to work on gaming cards (XBOX, Eshop, etc) but wasn't able to get it to work on an AC Switch Console. So I suspect it will NOT work towards your PS5.
Ok, thanks. I will just use it on a game, I have enough credit and gift cards for the PS5 anyway.

The long list of games from last week was reduced to just Pikmin 3 and current gen Watchdog Legions. I don't even think the 30% shows up in the ad.
I was hoping the PS5 version would count as there were no specifics. I guess if I really want to, I could buy Watch Dogs and just return it at another store

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Guys, my Gamestops all suck now and I'm way too socially anxious to ask an employee for a list of the preowned stuff he has in his drawers with the original cases. What do I do?

Guys, my Gamestops all suck now and I'm way too socially anxious to ask an employee for a list of the preowned stuff he has in his drawers with the original cases. What do I do?
Man up and ask for the list. It's the only way you will get what you want.

Link doesn't work for me, unless I just got phished! :bomb:
Worked for me said I earned one quest and earned $65 towards the next $30. It also says it could take 7-14 days for the tracker to update so I'm hoping my Watch Dogs Ultimate and Pikmin haven't posted yet.

Worked for me said I earned one quest and earned $65 towards the next $30. It also says it could take 7-14 days for the tracker to update so I'm hoping my Watch Dogs Ultimate and Pikmin haven't posted yet.
Said I had input in invalid credentials, so not sure if they think I have a diff email or membership #. I'm copy - pasting so not sure why I can't check on that site.

I've only received 5x$30 coins but should qualify for ~16 total if trade-ins amounts are also added. They've been pretty slow about multiples at least for me.

For anyone with a tracking number that showed an item was delivered before you placed your order or to a diff state... seems like FedEx is re-using tracking numbers or has some issue with tracking numbers. 

I wasn't able to call them to see what's happening today but I just got a "great your order was delivered" email and I'm all like- what in fucking fuck, this is so stupid. I checked the tracking number again (via FedEx's website) and it showed a "duplicate tracking". The details below are incorrect but when I check the bottom one, the results show it was just picked up in Ohio. 

[attachment=34849:fuckUpExpress.PNG]

So I guess I'll wait and see. I def gave FedEx too much credit before... I don't get how you have duplicate tracking numbers this soon. 

Said I had input in invalid credentials, so not sure if they think I have a diff email or membership #. I'm copy - pasting so not sure why I can't check on that site.

I've only received 5x$30 coins but should qualify for ~16 total if trade-ins amounts are also added. They've been pretty slow about multiples at least for me.
16? Holy cow. I think i'm at 10 across 3 accounts. If trades count, I'll suck it up and unload without the bloody bump that should have happened.

Had a game delivered in Alabama on the 18th of October... I live in Montana... Kinda worried about my ps5 being shipped next week. FedEx is god awful. 

Had a game delivered in Alabama on the 18th of October... I live in Montana... Kinda worried about my ps5 being shipped next week. FedEx is god awful.
I have tacking numbers that say UPS but are clearly FedEx. Their tracking system is currently screwed up. I also have shipments delivered to AL. I'm wondering who is receiving all these games. :shock:

For anyone with a tracking number that showed an item was delivered before you placed your order or to a diff state... seems like FedEx is re-using tracking numbers or has some issue with tracking numbers.
I have 2 shipments from an order that show delivered to other states last month. Now, for whatever reason, I got emails tonight saying both were delivered. Checked the tracking numbers on FedEx's website and they reused the numbers but neither shipments have been delivered yet, but they are in-transit. At what point does GameStop realize their fuck up and go back to UPS? This isn't the time to have issues with your shipping carrier. I paid for Premium shipping for that order on 10/23 and those 2 shipments aren't going to be delivered until the 9th...

So just to clarify, no stealth bump last weekend, and now no 30% bonus for preordering certain games?

*looks at pile of titles waiting to trade in*

Damn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back