2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, my Gamestops all suck now and I'm way too socially anxious to ask an employee for a list of the preowned stuff he has in his drawers with the original cases. What do I do?
Ask to take a look in the drawers. There may be a $5 steelbook chilling in there.

I was collecting up wii and ps3 stuff at the end of last year. Anytime I was the only customer in the store I would ask to take a look at their store stock to see if they had anything cib I might need.

This new trend kind of gives me incentive to ask to see the drawer stock again for those hidden mintys squirreled away.

Latest email has a tracker for the spend $300, get $30 Gamecoin offer: http://www.mygamestoprewardquest.com/Login

Enter your info and it tells you how much more you have to go. It does seem like trade ins are counted towards it, at least thats the only way to explain why I'm close to a 2nd $30 coupon
This is so great! Thanks! I had a spreadsheet for this purpose, and somehow am off by 0.99, but it's close enough! Great to have confirmation at least.

More bad news. I called up CS yesterday about the wrong tracking number
Yea, Customer service said it was a bug in the system and the correct game should ship to us all.. eventually. Luckily I only had filler get this type of fail so not too worried if they don't ever ship as long as my trade balance is correct.

16? Holy cow. I think i'm at 10 across 3 accounts. If trades count, I'll suck it up and unload without the bloody bump that should have happened.
I'm not sure trades count, so nix the extra 6ish. Customer service had to escalate and may or may not issue the coupons or a 120,000 point refund lol... will post a screenie if that happens.

Ask to take a look in the drawers.
Some stores seem to be offended with this ask, so I can only hope an online single store stock checker will come soon from Microsoft Teams! :razz:

Got $10 game coin for watchdogs "paid in full" this morning but not the bonus $10.

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk
Same here, on the phone. It keeps getting disconnected with the reps... I'm going to try again later or tomorrow, I've already tried calling twice and they act like they don't know what I'm talking about asking for the additional GC

Same here, on the phone. It keeps getting disconnected with the reps... I'm going to try again later or tomorrow, I've already tried calling twice and they act like they don't know what I'm talking about asking for the additional GC
If anyone wants to try to explain how to attach an image from my iPad locally, I have a pic of last weeks ad that says get $20. It was the front page of their weekly in store paper ads, I’m sure there are electronic images somewhere too, or e-mail pics. Regardless of all their back and forth, it should be $20.

here’s a link, I think...https://www.theblackfriday.com/weekly-ads/gamestop-weeklyads.php

If anyone wants to try to explain how to attach an image from my iPad locally, I have a pic of last weeks ad that says get $20. It was the front page of their weekly in store paper ads, I’m sure there are electronic images somewhere too, or e-mail pics. Regardless of all their back and forth, it should be $20.

here’s a link, I think...https://www.theblackfriday.com/weekly-ads/gamestop-weeklyads.php
I think you would have to upload the said image to an image sharing site and link it. But what you linked also works fine

Just got an email titled "Game Deals? How does Buy 1 Get 1 50% off sound?" That shows 30% trade bump for pre ordering COD, AC, Watch Dogs, and Spiderman.

So an Order I placed 10-20 that one game was stuck at "Awaiting Product Availability" until last week when it was updated to "Preparing for Shipment" then "Shipped" with a tracking number for the wrong address and already delivered 10-15 (5 days before the order date) ... was just correctly delivered today with the correct price / order number / etc. 

So probably a system transfer/merger bug going to Microsoft / Fedex / etc... hopefully fixed before the holiday rush!

So an Order I placed 10-20 that one game was stuck at "Awaiting Product Availability" until last week when it was updated to "Preparing for Shipment" then "Shipped" with a tracking number for the wrong address and already delivered 10-15 (5 days before the order date) ... was just correctly delivered today with the correct price / order number / etc.

So probably a system transfer/merger bug going to Microsoft / Fedex / etc... hopefully fixed before the holiday rush!
It was already said the issue is FedEx reusing tracking numbers.

I just got my shipment for the FedEx tracking mess up... so I'm glad I don't have to call GS.
I didn't know this either. This thread if full of what feels like a different conversation with people figuring out how to abuse the system of trade offers. It's easy to miss a blurb about tracking issues.

I didn't know this either. This thread if full of what feels like a different conversation with people figuring out how to abuse the system of trade offers. It's easy to miss a blurb about tracking issues.
It's not just the fedex tracking numbers that are derped up either. Their computers inventory system have been messed up for a month or so now and lots of people have orders stuck in awaiting availability, stock checker for store pick up and such hasn't been working for a while either and comes back sporadically. My second half of my order the one delivered sunday currently has a order number that doesn't work on their website, a tracking number for ups that doesn't work (before some idiot responds no it's not a fedex tracking number I tried there too) so this order sure will be fun to deal with should anything go pear shaped. It also says that my first half of my sunday order is shipping with the second half of this order in the email so that will be interesting if I get another copy of the same game I already ordered and was delivered.

It's not just the fedex tracking numbers that are derped up either. Their computers inventory system have been messed up for a month or so now and lots of people have orders stuck in awaiting availability, stock checker for store pick up and such hasn't been working for a while either and comes back sporadically. My second half of my order the one delivered sunday currently has a order number that doesn't work on their website, a tracking number for ups that doesn't work (before some idiot responds no it's not a fedex tracking number I tried there too) so this order sure will be fun to deal with should anything go pear shaped. It also says that my first half of my sunday order is shipping with the second half of this order in the email so that will be interesting if I get another copy of the same game I already ordered and was delivered.
I have half an order shipped out on the 30th and says delivered on the 15th. The in store stock seems better this week but didn't work at all last week. It's been a long time that the site has been poop. The pre-owned fedex numbers seems like a new issue though.

Yeah I got an in store pick up order that was marked "ready for pick up", but they sold it after 5 days (instead of the 7 days) and now I don't know how to get my money back. Store said to wait for the 7 days to be up and it'll cancel/auto-refund. It's been well over that (I think it's almost a month now) but still no refund and it still shows it as "ready for pick up", the store is saying they can't do anything about it so I need to find time to call corporate.

I have half an order shipped out on the 30th and says delivered on the 15th. The in store stock seems better this week but didn't work at all last week. It's been a long time that the site has been poop. The pre-owned fedex numbers seems like a new issue though.
Stock checker worked last week on saturday or friday as that's when I made my order after people posted it was working again. I have to wonder how long a copy of Ys 8 ps4 was sitting nearby at a gamestop in the next township over. Had I known I would have bought it the 3 or 4 times I have been in there to pick up orders or do returns/exchanges. I mean part of it being on me for not asking if such an such game is in stock but I did browse the shelves while in line and didn't see it. And that store is pretty organized with the ps4 titles on the shelf alphabetically. I should go back and ask if they have the inserts since it was seemingly converted going by the stickers saying 54.99 for pro or whatever.

Just got a $30 for spending $300. Picked up prepaid Watchdogs Ulitimate on Friday but haven't gotten the gamecoin yet.

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk
So yesterday I was in the same boat. However today I got a $10 game coin for having Watch Dogs paid off, but not the main $10 coin and also my $30 for spending $300 has disappeared, even though the tracker says I completed the $300 spending!

I'll give it a day and if it doesn't fix itself I guess I have to call customer service.

Gotta love Gamestop
attachicon.gif
20201103_145817_HDR.jpg
Nice. Did you trade it back for $39 toward a pre Order?

So for the "spend $300, get $30", is that a one time thing or, when I pick up my Xbawks, I can just get a couple of games there to bump it over 600 and get 60 bux?

WTF is wrong with GS' customer service?  I know it's bad to reach out to them but between yesterday and today all I've gotten were disconnected calls/chats. I tried contacting them via web chat and once I finally got connected to someone the person never responded... I exit the chat and try again and it tells me they're disabling chat due to high volume and to call their number.

I'm starting to get really irritated - is there anything I can do about this? 

I received the $30/$300 coin offer also. But the site says I have already spend $279.99 towards the $300. I rarely shop at GS and the last purchase I made was back in May 2020. Anyone have this happen?

What games are currently triggering the bonus trade-in promo? I'm looking to dump $33 trade in valued switch games and get bonus on top

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back