2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any truth to consoles getting the full $200 without PS5/XSX reserve? I mean, such a stupid promo to run when literally nobody but 5-10 people per store could be doing right now. : \

What did you try and trade towards? There are only a few games that bump. Worst case, put $5 towards a game under the promo and take the rest on a trade card. Then go back and say you want it on something else. I've done this a few times with no issues.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
He tried Cyberpunk and new Hyrule Warriors. Tired it with $5 and tried with paying it off, nothing seemed to work. He didn't even know about the promo and at first argued that it was giving me 30%, when it was giving the 10% only.

I'm getting 50% on ALL pre-owned games under $30. I just bought Nier and picked it up in store for $15. I don't have to buy 5 to get 50% off... Anyone else getting this?
Thanks, good find. Worked for me too. Not a huge deal, since it’s their usual pretty much constant 50% off pre-owned under $30, but good if you just want a few things.

Any truth to consoles getting the full $200 without PS5/XSX reserve? I mean, such a stupid promo to run when literally nobody but 5-10 people per store could be doing right now. : \
I went back to try today and the employee was mistaken...definitely wasn’t working...

I'm getting 50% on ALL pre-owned games under $30. I just bought Nier and picked it up in store for $15. I don't have to buy 5 to get 50% off... Anyone else getting this?
Put a bunch of stuff in my cart but didn't pull the trigger. Got too much in my backlog to justify buying stuff just because. Plus, trying to save credit for next gen whenever I decide to jump in. Thanks for the heads up though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get the 50% off online with four games. I would've got just one or two but wanted to get to the $35 free shipping threshold. I got PS4 games, with the best deal being the Spider-Man base game--it was on sale ($10 off) for 19.99 and so I ended up getting it for 9.99. Also got Death Stranding, Shadow of the Colossus, and (to get over the threshold) the Trine Ultimate Collection. Hopefully they all come with original cases and artwork. I've stopped ordering last (now last-last?) gen online, it's just too much of a gamble.

Snagged Sekiro on Xbox for in store pickup at $15. Cheapest I’ve ever seen it by far. Sounds like a title worth trying on the Series X. Thanks for looking out.

just called and got my 10,000 points for the Watch Dogs pre-purchase...i had gotten the gamecoin for purchase but since the associate put in my pre-order as digital and it had to be cancelled day of I did not get the pre-purchase gamecoin...

BF ad is disappointing. No deals at all on One/PS4 consoles?
the pandemic cleared out inventories and console makers don’t exactly have a lot to ship. Used ones have all sold out too, can’t do a sale if you don’t have inventory.

I’m stoked about 13 Sentinels and Legion.

the pandemic cleared out inventories and console makers don’t exactly have a lot to ship. Used ones have all sold out too, can’t do a sale if you don’t have inventory.

I’m stoked about 13 Sentinels and Legion.
I'm prob blind but where do you see 13 sentinels?

I'm also surprised how much FFVIIR is holdings its price. I want to pick up a copy again since selling my original copy after beating it, and passed on $25 at Target last week... figured it would be $20 by BF but don't think I've seen a major discount on it.

Good deal on the 3-month Xbox GPU for $20. I’ll have to stock up on those.
Limit one. And yeah, I'm surprised nobody mentioned this one since it's in-store only and the cheapest the sub has ever been. It may not be worth the hassle considering supplies are limited and BB will have it for just $3 more, same as on the the previous deal they had. I may go for RE3 and 3 months regardless, but I'm not going to wait in a ridiculous line to do so. Them having limited stock of the new consoles too is just going to make this even dumber to try and get.

I haven't redeemed for an online coupon in a long while...The description says: "PowerUp Rewards Members Save $5 Off One Single In-Stock Item and Free Value Shipping!"

Does that mean it's a $5 off coupon plus you get free shipping, regardless of purchase total?  Could you apply that coupon to the Zero collection and get it for $3 with free ship?  

(I would assume not, but that's how it reads...)

BF ad is disappointing. No deals at all on One/PS4 consoles?
Probably need to wait a year for One/PS4 refurb stock to come back in sufficent quantities for a sale.

B2G1 switch might be ok if there are some sale games that work that week.

I can't speak to more recent stuff, but i just added a bunch of sub $30 retro games to my cart and got no discount
Yea, retro stopped working with the % off sales a few months ago. CAG16 or 30% when buying new seem like the only things that work.

Also playing Xenoblade Torna roulette with the 50% off > pickup promo.

They have just about every revision in stock as used or refurbished right now and something makes me think they will get more over the next month...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back