2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have just about every revision in stock as used or refurbished right now and something makes me think they will get more over the next month...
Why have a sale when GS can sell for near full price? The new consoles are going to be in short supply, and people will eventually be looking for even the older consoles to play some of the newer releases (Sony is smartly putting out their PS5 titles on PS4, too).

Those old consoles are still going to sell well due to the shortages all around. Why bother putting them on sale?

GS is a business, not a charity.

Does anyone know how long Game Pass Ultimate codes are valid until they expire? I would like to buy a 3-month code for the $20 BF deal, but I don't plan to get an Xbox Series X until there is a special edition bundle.

I haven't redeemed for an online coupon in a long while...The description says: "PowerUp Rewards Members Save $5 Off One Single In-Stock Item and Free Value Shipping!"

Does that mean it's a $5 off coupon plus you get free shipping, regardless of purchase total? Could you apply that coupon to the Zero collection and get it for $3 with free ship?

(I would assume not, but that's how it reads...)
This is GameStop...it means you can only use the cert if you spend at least $35+ to qualify for free shipping, and if the cert takes you under $35, you are paying for shipping. That’s the best case scenario if the online cert actually works. They haven’t for ages, just in store certs. So really what you got was an unusable and non-refundable waste of your points. Cool right?

Does anyone know if GameStops will have an extra Series X consoles tonight or tomorrow? My friend is looking for one and wants to show up tonight. Will try to stop him to avoid heartbreak.

Does anyone know if GameStops will have an extra Series X consoles tonight or tomorrow? My friend is looking for one and wants to show up tonight. Will try to stop him to avoid heartbreak.
if they do i'm sure it'd be very minimal...if they're willing to camp all night before anyone else gets there maybe they'd get one...

Page 6 ("Up to 50% Off Game Gifts for Playstation Fans"), bottom row of games, rightmost game.
Blindness confirmed. I wonder if the launch edition is around in stores... I paid full price because I didn't want to miss out on the artbook since it seemed like everything Atlus kept spiking in price, but now I'm wondering if that was smart.

Was at Gamestop around 7pm there was about 8 people camping out for 10am opening for Series X.

Still amazes me when managers don't know about trade bumps. New manager at local store didn't know why my trade credit went up when pre-ordering Demon Souls. After I told him about the boost he said I had to pay it off to get the bonus trade credit.

He also said they wouldn't have any extra PS5's on Thursday. Still going to call Wednesday to double check.

Employee tried to hit me with a $60 refurb fee for Xbox One X trade in? Said it was for covid because they have to clean the consoles. It sounded like bs or he got it confused so I left.

Employee tried to hit me with a $60 refurb fee for Xbox One X trade in? Said it was for covid because they have to clean the consoles. It sounded like bs or he got it confused so I left.
Either way, the gamestop refurb fee is absolute BS.
Every console I’ve ordered from gamestop has been filthy and dirty. One time I even got a Xbox 360 from them that had dead roaches in the disc tray, inside the console and literally popping out of the vents. LOL

Pretty sure all hardware is sent back to the warehouse because of COVID. The stores themselves don't do any of the "cleaning" they claim is done. I traded in a Switch Lite today and they didn't even bother turning it on.

What's the latest I can move a preorder at Gamestop? I have a fully paid off CoD Cold War preorder in store but was going to bump it to something else down the line and just buy Cold War as part of the B2G1 at Target.

What's the latest I can move a preorder at Gamestop? I have a fully paid off CoD Cold War preorder in store but was going to bump it to something else down the line and just buy Cold War as part of the B2G1 at Target.
Just pick it up and get a gift receipt. Return it and then you don't have to worry about a future pre-order at all. Then you can spend the Game Coin before you return it as well. Since you have 30 days/Holiday Return Period for New Unopened merchandise.

PSA for those picking up AC: Valhalla or COD, remember to take advantage of the "buy $30 new, save 30% pre-owned". There are some first party NSW games on sale right now and even with the crap TIV, there is some profit to be made. (e.g. Super Mario Party is $39 on sale, $27.30 after discount -> $27 base, $35.10 after 30% bonus)

I had to order one of the bundles to get a Series X. One package came. One package came today with the console, game, and controller. Headset is coming in a separate package tomorrow. I forget, can I just take the different packing slips in and return some stuff I don’t want?

I forget, can I just take the different packing slips in and return some stuff I don’t want?
If the packing slips have prices for each item, why not just try and return certain items? Worst they could say is no.

FedEx screwed me today...didn’t deliver my Series X because the “customer wasn’t home” even though I was here all day

Is anyone store doing a midnight release for the ps5? I stopped by my local store tonight and asked and the associate told me not till Thursday morning. I saw people in line for the Xbox last night so was kind of confident that they would have the same for the PlayStation.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Is anyone store doing a midnight release for the ps5? I stopped by my local store tonight and asked and the associate told me not till Thursday morning. I saw people in line for the Xbox last night so was kind of confident that they would have the same for the PlayStation.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
Those people were waiting in line for the store to open this morning, not for a launch last night.

Hmmm....anyone else having issues looking at their order history?
My order history hasn't worked since I want to say july or august.

So is the 50% off promo dead? I guess I should have ordered more when I had the chance. Was gonna snag cold steel 3 since 12.50 with the 50% off makes it a no brainer deal. Edit never mind it's working now just not for under 5 games it seems. Well whatever got cold steel 3 so i'm happy either way. And the rest I can just gift, trade or resell.

My watch dogs $10 gamecoin is gone today...did I fuck up and miss the expiration date?

Wonder if I can call and convince them to give me 10,000 points?

Is it possible to have multiple pick-up locations in one order?

I found 5 games for the 50% I want online spread out between two nearby stores. 2 at one, 3 at the other.

When I go to change the pick-up locations for one game in the cart, it changes it for all the games...

Is it possible to have multiple pick-up locations in one order?
I found 5 games for the 50% I want online spread out between two nearby stores. 2 at one, 3 at the other.
When I go to change the pick-up locations for one game in the cart, it changes it for all the games...
No, unfortunately you can only use one store per order.

FedEx screwed me today...didn’t deliver my Series X because the “customer wasn’t home” even though I was here all day
Quite the opposite here: if our husky hadn't barked, I'd have never known they dropped it off. Literally no knock or anything. I really have to wonder if it's a training issue, or lazy issue.

Quite the opposite here: if our husky hadn't barked, I'd have never known they dropped it off. Literally no knock or anything. I really have to wonder if it's a training issue, or lazy issue.
Strange, mine needs a signature...wonder why yours wouldn’t...

but I guess if they actually did attempt to deliver to the wrong address I’m glad they didn’t just leave it

Strange, mine needs a signature...wonder why yours wouldn’t...

but I guess if they actually did attempt to deliver to the wrong address I’m glad they didn’t just leave it
There has been a slew of wrong deliveries to us, and at least one instance of a 'return to sender' package that was misdelivered and finally made its way back to us. For that reason, I was pretty pissed they'd do that given what was inside. Now with reports of retailers just shipping PS5 bare, they're just begging for these to get stolen off porches. What a time to be a pirate I suppose?

There has been a slew of wrong deliveries to us, and at least one instance of a 'return to sender' package that was misdelivered and finally made its way back to us. For that reason, I was pretty pissed they'd do that given what was inside. Now with reports of retailers just shipping PS5 bare, they're just begging for these to get stolen off porches. What a time to be a pirate I suppose?
why ship it bare? even series x have box with it

No, unfortunately you can only use one store per order.
I just figured out a good workaround. The trick is to add a bunch of 99cent preowned games that the store does have in stock to get your cart total up to 5. Added another $1/$1.50 to each order respectively but worth it for the savings.

Same thing happened with my headset. My dog started growling so I quickly looked out the window to see a shitty minivan with a FedEx sticker pulling out of my driveway. I'm gonna be staring out the window all day tomorrow for my PS5.

why ship it bare? even series x have box with it
Maybe the box is just that ridiculously big that they couldn't afford to ship these free inside a packing box? Maybe these showed up at retailers so late they didn't have time? I mean, we'll never know but it was someone's decision at distribution. I can't even be mad anymore at nonsense like this because it has honestly become par for the course.

Is there no chance to get through with phone support? I've been on hold for over 20 minutes without speaking to somebody and am not sure if I should bother waiting any longer since there's not even a "Somebody will be with you in a moment" message. I tried emailing about an issue a few months back and got an email apologizing for the wait time and asking if I still needed help, but they never replied to that either.

FYI Target debunked this and apologized for the confusion, it will be in a shipping box. Check Wario64’s tweets

Can anyone tell me how the returns process works for B2G1 games?  One of mine arrived severely damaged and my home store doesn't have it in stock.  Thinking I'll need to return as I don't want to attempt replacing online

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back