2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer your game hasn't shipped either. I guess I'm glad to know it's not just me. Was afraid the order was just in a weird limbo. Hopefully our games ship tomorrow...
Screw it, I placed an order through Amazon that will show up tomorrow. I forgot that I still had that $10 Amazon mobile app coupon, so I'll just return my gamestop copy when it eventually shows up

Screw it, I placed an order through Amazon that will show up tomorrow. I forgot that I still had that $10 Amazon mobile app coupon, so I'll just return my gamestop copy when it eventually shows up
I'm pretty close to doing the same honestly. What a joke

So I got my 2nd $10 Watch Dogs game coin also, but still don't have my $30 for spending $300 back.

The tracking site said I hit it with my purchase on 10-30 (and that I'm $50 toward a 2nd) and it showed up in my offers on Monday but by Tuesday it disappeared and it still hasn't returned. Guess I have to call customer service tomorrow.
Were you able to get the $30 coupon back? I got one on 10/31 (and saved it in notepad) but it disappeared from my active offers a few days later

I called CS on Wednesday and the guy said he could still see it in my account, but when I tried to use it today the employee said it was saying already redeemed. When I called CS again, they couldn't find any information about it

Just read some of the comments but you guys aren't getting your game coins for spending $300+ and there isn't a way to track it? 

I should be getting $60 (I think) but no way to see how far along I am other than an email I got 2 weeks ago when I spent $50. 

I have this offer on my Chase Freedom, and it's actually valid for multiple transactions, thru 12/8/20:

"Earn 10% back on all of your GameStop purchases, until a $9.00 back maximum is reached."
lol would it stack with the 5% rebate from Bing rewards

The cinematics in Black Ops Cold War run like shit on XB1X - in case anyone needs an excuse for returning it during the interrogation GameStop give you. It's really pulling me out of the story, which is the only reason I wanted to check it out.

Gamestop finally shipped my PS5 game and it is scheduled to be here on the 24th... That's 11 days from now. What a joke, they had it in preparing to ship for a week and then they snail mail it. This company is unbelievable.

I have this offer on my Chase Freedom, and it's actually valid for multiple transactions, thru 12/8/20:
"Earn 10% back on all of your GameStop purchases, until a $9.00 back maximum is reached."
I get 10% back for my Chase sapphire reserve and 5% back for my Chase freedom. This is helpful now that I have used up all trade credit, points, and game coin this week.

Gamestop finally shipped my PS5 game and it is scheduled to be here on the 24th... That's 11 days from now. What a joke, they had it in preparing to ship for a week and then they snail mail it. This company is unbelievable.
That is atrocious. Did you pay for expedited shipping? I miss the complimentary 48 hour elite pro shipping. I wonder if they offer complimentary expedited shipping for pro members.

That is atrocious. Did you pay for expedited shipping? I miss the complimentary 48 hour elite pro shipping. I wonder if they offer complimentary expedited shipping for pro members.
This has happened to me with expedited shipping. It took them 7 days to ship. I actually had to call to get them to ship. I think they were shipping from a store and not a warehouse, so the store never really set them up for pick-up, even though the status said that... I wouldn't pay for expedited again.

And it just happened with another set of games that I bought 1 week ago. They just shipped them yesterday, 6 days after my order. It's hit or miss because I've gotten games in less than 2 days and other times in 20 days.

The games that are on sale have "Black Friday Starts Early" written on the top (mobile browser).

If you look, there are a lot more games that have that written on the top that are not on sale. I assume they will go on sale in the near future, so if you want any of those, keep an eye out.

Idk what just happened but I picked up dead cells prisoners edition and it rang at 89.99. Receipt doesn't say it's discounted other than my 30 bucks off for spending 300. I can upload as proof if anyone wants, but I just about danced my way out of that store!!

So uh, I guess someone at ThinkGeek failed to process my actual order pickup in their system for a Shadow Trooper replica helmet. I was fine paying the $60 it went on sale for, but I kept getting emails to come pick it up and last night the order was canceled followed by a paypal refund. Free helmet works for me!

So I ordered a copy of BLOPS 4 yesterday since it was a DotD for $8 at my local store. (it said it had 10 copies) When I went to pick it up right after the store opened the guy tried to give a disk only copy. I asked for a complete copy and he said that was the only one they had so I asked to return it. He processed the refund and I didnt noticed till I looked at the receipt in my car he gave me the full $21.50 back on my card. This kid is a newer employee at that store and he was there for the XBSX launch with another new employee and they totally screwed it up. They made the people who preordered wait till they checked out both people who got the 2 extras they had that morning  and they both had systems to trade in so we had to wait 20-25 extra minutes for them to handle them first.

Mine shipped and is says it'll show up Thursday. My Amazon copy just showed up at 8am this morning, so yeah definitely returning this one when it shows up

Does anyone know if gamestop employee can type in code for $30 off from spend $300 promo, instead of redeeming it from our account? I tried to redeem it in store to get the Mario Game and Watch (did not work btw) and the employee cancelled the transaction and now the $30 code is missing from my Active Offer.

For the spend $60 get a $10 coupon, is that available in store? https://www.gamestop.com/collection/bounceback-terms-and-conditions

Also, Miles Morales is not available for store pickup. Does that mean it's likely sold out in-store? I see a lot of stuff not available for store pickup, so i'm not sure if they just turned this off for a bunch of stuff.
I was wondering the same thing, I find it hard to believe no GameStop around me has either nba or Spider-Man for pickup.

Kinda curious about something.. I don’t see a trade in value for UFC 4 on PS4/X1 online, am I missing something? Can this not be traded in? Sorry for the weird question.

I think I mentioned it before but I preordered Crash 4 a little less than a week before release. My order said it would be delivered on release day. I received it 11 days after release. GS is a joke.

I was wondering the same thing, I find it hard to believe no GameStop around me has either nba or Spider-Man for pickup.
I noticed at a few Gamestops I’ve passed in the last few days that there are none to low stock on new gen games. Shipments are delayed by fed ex and they only had enough of the Mille Morales Ultimate Edition to cover preorders.

Shipping and customer service is just going to get increasingly messed up from now through Christmas.  Black Friday is not going to help either.  If GameStop is struggling so much to fulfill orders and customer service issues right now, it’s going to implode next month.  Their phone line is just a message that says “we don’t have PS5s, we don’t know where your orders are just look for a tracking number, and we are too busy to take calls right now, goodbye.”  Christmas they will probably just have a message “We’ve got a saying at GameStop; fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, don’t get fooled again sucker!”

so assuming they actually get uploaded to my account. I'll have the $30 game coin from spending $300. $10 from buying cold war. 50k points and my monthly coupon but idk what to spend it on because you can't use them on preorders and they don't have the headsets and media remotes I want available. #firstworldproblems

I think I mentioned it before but I preordered Crash 4 a little less than a week before release. My order said it would be delivered on release day. I received it 11 days after release. GS is a joke.
Wow that's horrible. Well after black friday I'm probably done with gamestop for awhile, had some negative interactions with employees lately and with their slow shipping I'll just take my business elsewhere at this point.

The buy one new get one used 30% off does NOT work the $30 game coins....but it does stack with loyalty certs and $5 monthly.  Bought Cadance and Aces today with a $25 cert and the 30% off Aces.

If I buy anything at Gamestop this holiday, it'll be online.  That said, given how poorly the Company handles its online orders, and the even worse customer service reps, Gamestop really is the retailer of last resort.  I'd actually pay Best Buy, Target, or Amazon a few dollars more to avoid the headache that is Gamestop.com.

I was able to use a $15 cert earlier today. I purchased Luigi's Mansion 3 and used in store pick up.
Would you mind letting me know specifics on how you completed the order? Were you on a mobile device, the app, or pc? Which browser? Just one item for in store pickup in the order? I’ve been stuck with an unusable $50 cert for months.

Does anyone know if gamestop employee can type in code for $30 off from spend $300 promo, instead of redeeming it from our account? I tried to redeem it in store to get the Mario Game and Watch (did not work btw) and the employee cancelled the transaction and now the $30 code is missing from my Active Offer.
I tried to do the same thing. He said since mario gnw wasn't technically a game, the coin wouldn't work. I ended up using it on Cold War instead...

For those complaining about the slow shipping if you want something basically same day the 8$ delivery direct from store option would work for that likely if it's available in your area.  Just know that they will bring it to you without a bag or anything just the game and the order slip and leave it outside your door.

Personally as long as I get my order within reason I'm fine with it.  As it's the holiday season so shipping always slows this time of year.  And it's only going to get worse with how it's been holiday level traffic for months this year as it is. People here are quick to forget the 1 month plus wait times back in may-july. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back