2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop just dumped Black Friday  prices on stuff.

Vanquish/Bayonetta and Yoshi's Crafted World were reduced in pre-owned prices as well and everything is buy 3 used get 1 free. 

Hoping for some glitches!!

Gamestop just dumped Black Friday prices on stuff.

Vanquish/Bayonetta and Yoshi's Crafted World were reduced in pre-owned prices as well and everything is buy 3 used get 1 free.

Hoping for some glitches!!
Both Star Wars Squadrons and 13 Sentinels also dropped their used prices to a dollar or two below the BF new prices and were in stock at least as of a few minutes ago - CAG16 was also working.

The flipageddon most talk about refers to summer 2017. That was the last one I participated in. They had a tiered trade in bonus up to 6 games (+10% credit each so up to +60%/+70% with elite pro) overlapping a B2G1 deal that made for ridiculous flips and boomerangs. I paid off a ps4 pro and xbox one x entirely in trade credit after a small initial investment. This stuff now is meh and not worth the time imo, but to each their own.
Yep that was how I attended MTG Grand Prix Las Vegas 2017. GS trades paid for my $300 Southwest gift card to cover the flight, and a $100 Uber gift card to cover the travel to and from my hotel and the convention center (plus 1 trip to the Strip to attend the free Command Zone party and play some free Conspiracy 1 draft.) I paid my initial 3 tournament fees myself out of pocket, but speaking of that ...

The day before the trilogy of tournaments started (3 two-day tournaments spread out over 4 days,) I also traded a bunch of my old VS. System TCG (RIP best physical card game ever) rares and foils for over $350 to Cool Stuff Inc. to pay for the Diamond VIP upgrade for the weekend and my share of the hotel room cost. While nothing compared to what others do on here, my tales of trading is the envy of my family, friends in STL, and my CAG friends on XBox.

Used CAG16 and double-dipped on my monthly coupon to bring Squadrons below $10, with in-store pickup a couple miles from me. As long as it's not cancelled, I'm happy.

hmm pay an extra $3 for yoshi's crafted world or try my luck at the $26.99 door buster price...

I’m debating the same with fire emblem. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Given how little GS stocks games anymore (my local store still hasn't been replenished on Yakuza on XBox when I was the only preorder, same for someone else that preordered the only copy of Gears Tactics, plus they were out of Valhalla on XBox for over a week to then get a small resupply only to then sell out of it on PS4) I wouldn't risk it for a $3 difference.

If the $3 matters enough to you, I would try to get it from Amazon when they inevitably price match GS on Wednesday night.

Given how little GS stocks games anymore (my local store still hasn't been replenished on Yakuza on XBox when I was the only preorder, same for someone else that preordered the only copy of Gears Tactics, plus they were out of Valhalla on XBox for over a week to then get a small resupply only to then sell out of it on PS4) I wouldn't risk it for a $3 difference.

If the $3 matters enough to you, I would try to get it from Amazon when they inevitably price match GS on Wednesday night.
Would really prefer to get it from Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, i don't really trust them to have much inventory set aside for friday.

my transaction keeps getting the message: "we cant process your payment...check your payment details and billing address"  I have been getting this message every time I try to buy something from this scummy store.  I have been getting this message for several months now.  I already tried different browsers (chrome, firefox) and still the same.     

has anyone encounter this issue before?  Im using trade credit.

my transaction keeps getting the message: "we cant process your payment...check your payment details and billing address" I have been getting this message every time I try to buy something from this scummy store. I have been getting this message for several months now. I already tried different browsers (chrome, firefox) and still the same.

has anyone encounter this issue before? Im using trade credit.
you might be banned?

my transaction keeps getting the message: "we cant process your payment...check your payment details and billing address" I have been getting this message every time I try to buy something from this scummy store. I have been getting this message for several months now. I already tried different browsers (chrome, firefox) and still the same.

You're probably blocked from purchasing. Try placing an order through guest checkout and use an email that isn't linked to your account. If it goes through, then you're blocked (they do it by account not address).

You're probably blocked from purchasing. Try placing an order through guest checkout and use an email that isn't linked to your account. If it goes through, then you're blocked (they do it by account not address).
the guest check out worked. thank you!!

just another reason for me to hate this store

Just did 2 orders; I decided to get the switch games out the way now. Online inventory on the key titles seems to always be sold out. I'll rebuy them at the b2g1 if I can and return this order.

Order 1: LOU2, 13 sentinels, FE:3H & Yoshi.

Order 2: SW: Squadrons x2, Doom enteral & Azure strikes ps4. 

Arrgh.... I just bought Xcom 2 (Switch) on Amazon a few weeks ago.

I'd do a return and get the Gamestop one, but I had promo credits applied and I assume I'd lose those in the process.

I wonder if I give it to someone else and they use a gift receipt, how much credit they'd get...

I've had this issue, too, but it wasn't my account being blocked because I was able to use other methods of payment just fine.

I haven't ordered from Gamestop (or even gone in store) in ages.  I just got a Yoshi for $23.51 and a new Star Wars Squadrons for $16.99.  What is the likelihood I'll get a case for Yoshi and an unopened Squadrons?  Hopefully I get a case with Yoshi - sure beats the $35 I just ordered it for at Best Buy.

I would have bought Squadrons used too but I'd have had to get that from a different store.

I haven't ordered from Gamestop (or even gone in store) in ages. I just got a Yoshi for $23.51 and a new Star Wars Squadrons for $16.99. What is the likelihood I'll get a case for Yoshi and an unopened Squadrons? Hopefully I get a case with Yoshi - sure beats the $35 I just ordered it for at Best Buy.

I would have bought Squadrons used too but I'd have had to get that from a different store.
I probably would have just paid the extra $6.49 for a new copy of yoshi from gamestop

I haven't ordered from Gamestop (or even gone in store) in ages. I just got a Yoshi for $23.51 and a new Star Wars Squadrons for $16.99. What is the likelihood I'll get a case for Yoshi and an unopened Squadrons? Hopefully I get a case with Yoshi - sure beats the $35 I just ordered it for at Best Buy.

I probably would have just paid the extra $6.49 for a new copy of yoshi from gamestop
Or you could have done what I did, ordered two $29.99 games (which i might just return), and get 50% off the used copy...$7.99 for squadrons (or at least used cag16 to get it for $13.43)

Or you could have done what I did, ordered two $29.99 games (which i might just return), and get 50% off the used copy...$7.99 for squadrons (or at least used cag16 to get it for $13.43)
I would have done the $13.43 one but different stores had the used copies of both games. I can make just one stop for used Yoshi/new Squadrons.

I would have done the $13.43 one but different stores had the used copies of both games. I can make just one stop for used Yoshi/new Squadrons.
Gotcha, i should have clarified that the 29.99 x2 order is eligible for free shipping (or faster 1.99) and you still only make 1 trip to the most convenient store for the returns :)

Since a lot of the prices seem to be live right now from the BF ad do you think the $20 three month ultimate game pass cards will be available today also?

odds are probably around 50% maybe getting a case with yoshi depending on where your order even comes from. My last order of switch titles everything but 3 came with the original cases and case art. You are really better off expecting the games to be cart only and or generic case partially broken because bubble mailers. Which is why people don't bother ordering from gs unless there's flip or such potential from cart only in a worst case scenario.

Too bad the 50% off sale for pre owned titles under 30 is not still live. As getting yoshi for 13 even preowned would be a steal.

I once got 7 pre-owned switch games from gs and got 6 cases. I call that a miracle!

Couldn't pass up the price drop on SW Squadrons (along with CAG16 working), so grabbed the last copy for in-store pickup, along with Yoshi. Fingers crossed they don't look like hell when I go to pick them up.

EDIT: Also placed an order for 13 Sentinels new in store, along with the Mafia remake (to use the 30% discount). Wish it would stack with CAG16, but the system has learned now, and will not fall for our tricks as it once did.

I got 4 games under 14.99 but only buy 3 get 1 free was applied. I want 30 for 4 pre-owned games!!!

Anybody knows why and how to fix this?

And also CAG16 is not working with buy 3 get 1 free.

My local GS closed and I want to return a couple of things I got online, does anyone know if return shipping is free? There is a store about 30 miles away but would rather avoid that.

I'm sure someone here can help?
I forgot my password, and got an email my account was locked.
Now I can't do lost password, or get any emails to reset. Calling and talking to CS does nothing.

I got 4 games under 14.99 but only buy 3 get 1 free was applied. I want 30 for 4 pre-owned games!!!
Anybody knows why and how to fix this?
And also CAG16 is not working with buy 3 get 1 free.
I’ve been having that same issue too. How do you get the website to do the 4 $14.99 preowned games for $30 instead of B3G1 free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back