2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a maximum number of copies you can get of a game? Hoping to get 2x copies of each of the games I listed above (may need to get 3x of one game, since stock is going out it looks like).

Having issues adding stuff to my cart from the desktop site. Also the link I posted above I don't think is showing all results (i.e. for $24.99 switch pre-owned games). I.e. I think GS website is f'ed up again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought 3 new games earlier this week. All came in “GameStop New” condition with no shrink wrap & dirty cases.

Returned them all in store

Good luck to those rolling the dice. I have a feeling Amazon may price match

Bought 3 new games earlier this week. All came in “GameStop New” condition with no shrink wrap & dirty cases.

You're making me want to just pickup 13 Sentinels off Amazon and return whatever I get from GameStop, but that would mean physically going to a GameStop right now.

I went to my local store, but the prices weren't active yet. It's super frustrating trying to figure out what they even have in stock now. Literally have to ask them to look up any game I'm interested in. 

Yeah - this is why I don't want to place an order. Come on, Amazon, PM these prices!

Other than the $26 switch games, Kingdoms of Amalur re-reckoning, wonderful 101 remastered switch and iron man VR I found a good B2G1 pre-owned combo.  All 3 are the lowest prices I’ve seen on them up to this point, $17-$20 each.

Great. Got the confirmation email and the email included the name of the 5 dollar coupon, which WAS my November cert.

Except...I already used it in store a week ago.

Great. Now they'll probably cancel my order and accuse me of trying to scam them or something.

What garbage.
They took an extra $5 off your order and you’re complaining about it?

Good lord guy. Get a grip. It’s a good thing.

Everything seems to be live but DS and Vita games are omitted from the B2G2 at this moment.
I believe that a few months ago DS games were, practically-speaking, converted to retro. They haven't worked on the last few normal sales, so they probably won't work on any sales that retro games don't work on. I never checked/noticed with Vita.

(unless this sale works on retro too; then ignore everything I just said)

I was getting this error. When I signed out and checked out as a guest it worked.
i got around this by clicking checkout with paypal and then cancelling the paypal window and finally clicking checkout again.

it changes the payment method to paypal (avoid that error) and then i changed it back to trade credit.

Looks like the B2G1 may be nerfed this morning. For example Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, and Madden NFL 21 doesn't trigger any of the games becoming free. Congrats to all the CAGs that got in on the deals last night.

Looks like the B2G1 may be nerfed this morning. For example Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, and Madden NFL 21 doesn't trigger any of the games becoming free. Congrats to all the CAGs that got in on the deals last night.
Yea it's definitely nerfed for me as well. I bet in store we can get the buy 2 get 1 without the nerf. More than likely the sales associate can override it.

Are people starting to stack up on some switch games to trade back in the future?

Yea it's definitely nerfed for me as well. I bet in store we can get the buy 2 get 1 without the nerf. More than likely the sales associate can override it.

Are people starting to stack up on some switch games to trade back in the future?
Even if people start to stack up on switch games as future trade ins, gamestop said they won't accept trade-ins without original cases anymore, right?

That was my plan. w/ the discounted prices and b2g1, it came to 18$ each after California taxes. It's hard to see where I won't be able to at least breakeven with Splatoon 2, NSMUD, or Fire Emblem.

Even if people start to stack up on switch games as future trade ins, gamestop said they won't accept trade-ins without original cases anymore, right?
They've been accepting games from me without the original cases. Games that I've bought from them that didn't have the original case. I'm pretty sure they'll accept it if it's their case. That would be some massive BS that they can sell you games without the original case but won't accept trade ins on them.

Question: anyone know if GameStop is having issues with online gift certificates?

I redeemed some points I had built up for a $25 online gift certificate, but it won't let me add it to my cart.  It keeps giving me a dreaded "Coupon cannot be added to your cart" message.  I even tried adding it to a cart with random games that aren't part of the deal, and it still didn't seem to work.  I literally just redeemed my points for it 10 minutes ago.  Any thoughts?

I believe it just requires a case, not necessarily the original. They won't take (or presumably sell) discs in sleeves or loose carts. Not sure if that rule officially went through or not.

It amazes me how gamestop manages to be absolute shit at almost every aspect of being a business.

How in 2020 you still have such a shitty, poorly designed website is beyond me. The buy 4 $14.99 games for $30 still isn't working. A whole bunch of wasted time making an order that I can't place.

I ordered Aegis Rim, Kandagawa Jet Girls Racing Hearts Edition (no idea why but a $30 CE is about as decent of a deal as I can find these days) and used the fairly standard buy 2 new games get 50% off on PS4 GoT that my brother can have. Sucks I picked up Aegis for $60 and launch thinking it wouldn't be around for long, seeing as under the radar the game went.

I also saw GranBlue Fantasy Premium for $50- anyone think that's worth it?

Question: anyone know if GameStop is having issues with online gift certificates?

I redeemed some points I had built up for a $25 online gift certificate, but it won't let me add it to my cart. It keeps giving me a dreaded "Coupon cannot be added to your cart" message. I even tried adding it to a cart with random games that aren't part of the deal, and it still didn't seem to work. I literally just redeemed my points for it 10 minutes ago. Any thoughts?
I'm generalizing but I just always assume certs or coins or any coupons won't work online during any type of major sale (BxGx).

It amazes me how gamestop manages to be absolute shit at almost every aspect of being a business.

How in 2020 you still have such a shitty, poorly designed website is beyond me. The buy 4 $14.99 games for $30 still isn't working. A whole bunch of wasted time making an order that I can't place.
I'm by no means a GS expert here but two things I've learned:

1. If you want to check if in store pick up works, try it with a super common game first (Madden, CoD, etc.)

2. For any BxGx or x games for $y sale, try any random in stock games for the console(s) the actual games you want are for (i.e., if you want 2x PS4 and 2x XB1 games, try any 2 random PS4 and 2 random XB1 games first to see if the discount applies)

I've been there before, spending time picking out games for a sale only to have the sale not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back