2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just grabbed Bravely Default 3ds and Bravely Second 3ds with the b1g1. Was trying to figure out a 3rd game yesterday, so this worked great for me.

Ok I grabbed Luigis mansion for 38$ Before tax and ghost of Tsushima free

That is solid with the other games I picked up, I’m done spending money on games for the meantime, probably

I've placed over 10 orders, now trying to get that Rakuten thing to work but can't figure it out!! Can someone help?
You have to click on rakuten link before checking out. You may be out of luck.

Generally what I do:
1) add all the games I want to cart
2) make sure I'm logged into GS website and rakuten website
3) make sure my ad blocker is turned off
4) once all my game have been added to my cart I go to rakuten, type in Gamestop into search bar, and then click the hyperlink to take me to GameStop
5) proceed through checkout

I repeat steps 4 and 5 each time I fill my cart (probably overkill, but better safe than sorry).

Wasn't looking to buy anything game related, but recently picked up a Switch. So ofc now I want to get some games as it looks like I could get some 1st party ones at around $30 or less each.

Welp I got to 12 orders and I may be banned from GS now because I tried to place an order with my CC but my CC texted me asking for a verification on a purchase. Has this happened in similar fashion to others before? I've placed over 20 orders in one night on the website before and never got banned. Could be the Rakuten stuff too.

EDIT: Nvm it works again

You have to click on rakuten link before checking out. You may be out of luck.

Generally what I do:
1) add all the games I want to cart
2) make sure I'm logged into GS website and rakuten website
3) make sure my ad blocker is turned off
4) once all my game have been added to my cart I go to rakuten, type in Gamestop into search bar, and then click the hyperlink to take me to GameStop
5) proceed through checkout

I repeat steps 4 and 5 each time I fill my cart (probably overkill, but better safe than sorry).
Thanks for the help! Just realized I have to refresh the GS page every time I make an order, missed out on a ton of cash back but since my card works again it's time to eat!!

Thanks, grabbed

Mafia: Definitive Edition
L-Series Wired Gaming Headset

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning

$44 bucks after tax and free S/H

Checking out with "Paypal Checkout" might result in not getting points. I only say that as I'm looking at screenshots of the order confirmation page for each order I submitted and it doesn't show my rewards info at the top of the page (i.e. Current Points, Eligible Certificates, or Active Offers) for 3/4 orders. Incidentally I used Paypal Checkout for 3/4 orders, and my credit card for only 1 order.

Got Luigi's Mansion 3 & Super Mario Party. I considered Ghosts of Tsushima but it seems likely to be $20 new in the future anyway.
I really wanted to get MK8 Deluxe but the only Switch game I wanted to own in the price range was Super Mario 3D All Stars which was $7 more.
At least that means I can return my sealed copy.

Looks like store pickup is no longer an option?
Don't do in-store pickup on Nintendo first party. Highly likely it will get canceled. Happened to me last year the day after Thanksgivings day.

This B1G1 free promo is also posted on slickdeals. Everyone over there is going crazy on Nintendo first party titles.

There’s no way these stock level are accurate are they?

Just picked up crash 4 and ghost of Tsushima with the b1g1 for $38 before tax.

How are these still in stock like 8 hours into this sale

How big are you going in on this B1G1 sale? Seems like you flip the most out of most CAG's here.

I'm about to get pretty much all the $8.99 PS4 games. Is this a stupid move "yay" or "nay", if my intent is to boomerang them?
I usually limit myself to 4 copies per "first party title" and primarily stick with switch stock these days as who knows if they will have another +5 for PS4 titles, but the last time (days of play before PS5 launch) I did go big into the whole "hits" set, but just got 1 set this time just to get an order at that price tier.

B1G1 made FP slickdeals so I expect little stock today in stores :oldman:

So I ended up renewing pro online for this b1g1 since I figured I could use those monthly $5 certs for something down the line.

However, got a few questions. Firstly, I was wondering where do you find the $5 welcome cert online/app? Tried searching all over on the app and site, but no joy. Do I need to go in store for this initial cert? And also would I get the Nov cert and just have to spend it before Monday the 30th? TIA

Yeah. Why the f this die as such a late uneven time. Was in my cart 10 minutes ago with the promot, had to do something before checking out then the promo disappeared.

Well that sucks..I kept getting an error that they wouldn't ship to my address and I thought it was a stock glitch thingy. Keep trying different games, but no joy. As soon as I changed to a mainland address, the button to payment worked again. Guess I never even had a chance. Hopefully they'll refund the pro membership. At least I saved a good $160-175

So I ended up renewing pro online for this b1g1 since I figured I could use those monthly $5 certs for something down the line.

However, got a few questions. Firstly, I was wondering where do you find the $5 welcome cert online/app? Tried searching all over on the app and site, but no joy. Do I need to go in store for this initial cert? And also would I get the Nov cert and just have to spend it before Monday the 30th? TIA
There may be some lag time (a day or two?) when doing it online... I'm not sure. They had a special renewal offer a month or two ago and I renewed in store. The $5 welcome cert was almost immediately available, as they checked my account in the system, and I used it in the store on that same visit, so I can't speak to how long that usually takes to show up online.

The monthly cert will show up in 'Active Offers', https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/active-offers/

It will also show up on your account dashboard, https://www.gamestop.com/account/

This is on the website. It will show up in the app as well (click 'rewards', then 'active offers') but that can be a bit of a mess because it will show past (expired) rewards as well. If the renewal cert or monthly cert don't appear by mid-day to late afternoon Friday, I would give your local GameStop a call (*not* the national customer service number) and explain your situation. YMMV with the employees, of course. They might be able to look up your account information in the point of sale (POS) system, hopefully it shows up there.

This happens to a lot of us, it seems. Good luck, hope you can score some deals!

Wow was going to get more stuff but the promo ended early??? It's replaced with B2g1 now & b2g2 for everything older gen... lame

So the banner is now showing B2G1, thinking the sale earlier may have been an error. Hopefully orders go through (most of mine are preparing for shipment). 

If anyone is brave enough to venture to and actual B&M GS this AM can you check the status of the $20 physical Game Pass Ultimate 3 Month cards I know it’s a doorbuster but it seems like something GS would only have like 20 of just to puss people off.

If anyone is brave enough to venture to and actual B&M GS this AM can you check the status of the $20 physical Game Pass Ultimate 3 Month cards I know it’s a doorbuster but it seems like something GS would only have like 20 of just to puss people off.
are costco and target sold out? why bother going to gamestop?

Nah, it was intentional as it was promoted even with an image. It also said that it was a limited time offer.
You really think they did a sale that lasted from 7 PM until 3 AM? :)

They've done B1G1 before so there would have already been a banner associated with that promotion that probably auto-triggers when it gets turned on (intentionally or no).

It was definitely a glitch, made more obvious by it working with CAG16 with Gamestop never intentionally allows these days.

OR (and maybe this is more likely) that's the deal (B1G1) they have planned for Cyber Monday (or another time) and, as happens with them at an alarming rate, someone "Oops" it.

They've done B1G1 before so there would have already been a banner associated with that promotion that probably auto-triggers when it gets turned on (intentionally or no).

It was definitely a glitch, made more obvious by it working with CAG16 with Gamestop never intentionally allows these days.

OR (and maybe this is more likely) that's the deal (B1G1) they have planned for Cyber Monday (or another time) and, as happens with them at an alarming rate, someone "Oops" it.
Can you not talk about things you know nothing about? Check your marketing email to see the promotion clearly advertised. They ended it early because everyone was going ham with orders.

There may be some lag time (a day or two?) when doing it online... I'm not sure. They had a special renewal offer a month or two ago and I renewed in store. The $5 welcome cert was almost immediately available, as they checked my account in the system, and I used it in the store on that same visit, so I can't speak to how long that usually takes to show up online.

The monthly cert will show up in 'Active Offers', https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/active-offers/

It will also show up on your account dashboard, https://www.gamestop.com/account/

This is on the website. It will show up in the app as well (click 'rewards', then 'active offers') but that can be a bit of a mess because it will show past (expired) rewards as well. If the renewal cert or monthly cert don't appear by mid-day to late afternoon Friday, I would give your local GameStop a call (*not* the national customer service number) and explain your situation. YMMV with the employees, of course. They might be able to look up your account information in the point of sale (POS) system, hopefully it shows up there.

This happens to a lot of us, it seems. Good luck, hope you can score some deals!
I just signed up myself but whenever I try to use it, it says the coupon can't be applied.

I was unable to get cag16 to work with any of my orders

Does it usually take a month for new games to show up for trade-in? I burned through Yakuza Like A Dragon (awesome game btw) and wouldn't mind trading it in toward the Cyberpunk boost. Sadly it isn't up yet for trades.

The banner actually advertised ‘B1G1 free on select games ’ on the home page for a limited time on the website so this I’m not sure this was done in error (but this is GS, so who knows). This wasn’t an unadvertised bonus we were all taking advantage of, but I guess the Slickdeal effect caused them to end it

As far as I know, there is no trade bonus right now. I tried towards Watchdogs and my brother tried towards Cyberpunk. It may have just been disabled for this week though. I'm not sure on that.

As far as I know, there is no trade bonus right now. I tried towards Watchdogs and my brother tried towards Cyberpunk. It may have just been disabled for this week though. I'm not sure on that.
I asked my local GS a few days ago when picking up a couple games and they said were trying to discouraging trade-ins right now and there should be bonuses after all the Black Friday madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back