2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked my local GS a few days ago when picking up a couple games and they said were trying to discouraging trade-ins right now and there should be bonuses after all the Black Friday madness.
Makes sense. The store I was at had no idea what was going on and I was the only person in there that day. Hopefully there will be some kind of bonus before the end of the year.

You guys have got to be fucking kidding be, ugh I just got so deal-cucked recently. First I missed using the B2G1 before they removed the sale games from it working, and then I completely missed the B1G1 as well as I figured there wouldn't be anything else from GS so I quit paying attention. I know in the end it isn't that much money anyway, but I'm sure plenty of y'all understand the feeling :(

Ordered under B1G1 last night:

Super Mario Maker 2 (for the wife, already have the basics Odyssey, 3D, Trop Freeze, U, Yoshi)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (see above)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (I don't Switch but guess I'd see what all the fuss was about)
Ghost of Tsushima

Total $87.67 = $21.92 each. Not a crazy deal for Ghosts but I don't see Switch games go on sale much.

CAG16 did not work for me either.

Ordered under B1G1 last night:

Super Mario Maker 2 (for the wife, already have the basics Odyssey, 3D, Trop Freeze, U, Yoshi)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (see above)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (I don't Switch but guess I'd see what all the fuss was about)
Ghost of Tsushima

Total $87.67 = $21.92 each. Not a crazy deal for Ghosts but I don't see Switch games go on sale much.

CAG16 did not work for me either.
Ghost is a steal for $22...enjoy!

I am livid right now.   :bomb:

I went into GameStop this morning to get the 3 month Game Pass card for $19.99 and a new copy of Code Vein for Xbox One for $9.99.  I also wanted to use my $5 off monthly coupon since I have a strict Black Friday budget, and I had been saving the coupon all month expressly for that purpose.  I even went in with exact change, and they still managed to louse up my shopping experience.

When I got to the counter after waiting patiently, the girl at the counter kept harping on the fact that my Pro membership would run out on New Year's Day and that I needed to renew it today which I told her that I already knew when it would run out and that I just wanted to buy the items that I came in for.  Then, she came up with some flimsy story to say that the $5 coupon would not apply to Black Friday purchases.

I told her to get the manager.  The manager said the same thing but that she would only take $5 off the purchase if I promised to come back this weekend to renew my Pro membership.  I was pissed, and I told her that there is a reason that GameStop is the last place that I go to when I buy games just because of these kinds of shady business tactics.  

On top of that, when I opened the bag on my way to the car, it was a gutted copy of Code Vein.  I don't want anything that's been unwrapped and handled by strangers until they cure COVID-19, but it's probably the best deal that I will see on that game for a while, so I'm just going to tie up the bag and throw it in my trunk for a month to kill the germs.

I remember now why I avoid GameStop like the plague.  I'm not sure if I'm even going to renew my membership in 2021 because of their horrible customer service and shady tricks.

And I would love to burn them on the survey.  I can't figure out a reason not to unless someone can give me one.   :bomb:

I ordered 3 games from Gamestop online over 2 days ago. 2 of the games were new copies of Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Let's Go Pikachu, and I also ordered a used copy of Xenoblade 1. The used copy of Xenoblade shipped shortly after I ordered, but the 2 new games are still "Preparing for shipment." Is anyone having this issue and should I contact them at this point?

I ordered 3 games from Gamestop online over 2 days ago. 2 of the games were new copies of Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Let's Go Pikachu, and I also ordered a used copy of Xenoblade 1. The used copy of Xenoblade shipped shortly after I ordered, but the 2 new games are still "Preparing for shipment." Is anyone having this issue and should I contact them at this point?
I placed an order Saturday and have the same issue. They said they should ship soon but its been stuck in preparing since Sunday night.

I placed an order Saturday and have the same issue. They said they should ship soon but its been stuck in preparing since Sunday night.
That's pretty normal... sometimes things don't ship for a while, even with their 2-4 days processing time. And given they were closed for TG this yr and the sales, I'm sure there's a ton of orders now waiting to be processed.

EDIT* well there might be reason to worry, people on SD are reporting receiving cancelation emails...

Any CAGs able to score a next gen console today at GS? Seems impossible.
i stopped at my local store this morning which was pretty dead. They had signs on the door saying they only had 2 of each system available. Manager said they had like 10 people in line this morning and most of them were upset because of only have 2 on hand which was posted on the door...... and they waited all night. Also funny note was upset people decided to leave all there trash and lawn chairs at the front of the store and left lol.

i stopped at my local store this morning which was pretty dead. They had signs on the door saying they only had 2 of each system available. Manager said they had like 10 people in line this morning and most of them were upset because of only have 2 on hand which was posted on the door...... and they waited all night. Also funny note was upset people decided to leave all there trash and lawn chairs at the front of the store and left lol.
people are dumb...i've heard numerous reports of huge lines when the inventory amounts were clearly on the door...

We had a news story like that last night a kid was waiting 26 hours already for a PS5. There was a sign on the door when they were interviewing him that clearly said 2 PS5’s and 5 XBSS and there must have been 15 people in that line.

The $5 monthly doesnt work on digital codes from the store including the game pass and the xbox live credit anymore but it would have worked on new/used Black Friday games which i tested online. Im going to attempt it today in store

I am livid right now. :bomb:

I went into GameStop this morning to get the 3 month Game Pass card for $19.99 and a new copy of Code Vein for Xbox One for $9.99. I also wanted to use my $5 off monthly coupon since I have a strict Black Friday budget, and I had been saving the coupon all month expressly for that purpose. I even went in with exact change, and they still managed to louse up my shopping experience.

When I got to the counter after waiting patiently, the girl at the counter kept harping on the fact that my Pro membership would run out on New Year's Day and that I needed to renew it today which I told her that I already knew when it would run out and that I just wanted to buy the items that I came in for. Then, she came up with some flimsy story to say that the $5 coupon would not apply to Black Friday purchases.

The $5 monthly doesnt work on digital codes from the store including the game pass and the xbox live credit anymore but it would have worked on new/used Black Friday games which i tested online. Im going to attempt it today in store
I was able to buy a $5 XB gift card last month with my $5 monthly PUR coupon. Did they change their policy just this month? If that's the case then I won't be renewing my PUR again.

Any CAGs able to score a next gen console today at GS? Seems impossible.
My wife works at the mall so after I walked with her to work at 4:45 AM I went by the local GS. There was about 10 ppl waiting to be let in the mall entrance at 5 so I waited. When they opened the doors at 5 our little line of about a dozen was jumped by a group of about 25 that had been waiting at the parking garage entrance and was let in just a minute or so before the ground entrance. Needless to say I bailed real quick. Mostly a bunch of late teens, early twenties with 2 or 3 30+ yr olds in there, self included.

Grab a couple of gifts from other stores in the mall and walked past to see that another 20 or so MORE were now waiting in line 30 mins later. Not sure what any of those folks beyond the first 10 in line were thinking and why they think waiting 2 hours for GS to open with that kind of line is a good idea.....

Is that true? I was wondering how GS made money on PuR if everyone could just use their coupons on digital currency, so it makes sense that they're tightening their belt. I'm all for anything that lets GS survive another year since they often have great deals lately.

I am livid right now. :bomb:

I went into GameStop this morning to get the 3 month Game Pass card for $19.99 and a new copy of Code Vein for Xbox One for $9.99. I also wanted to use my $5 off monthly coupon since I have a strict Black Friday budget, and I had been saving the coupon all month expressly for that purpose. I even went in with exact change, and they still managed to louse up my shopping experience.

When I got to the counter after waiting patiently, the girl at the counter kept harping on the fact that my Pro membership would run out on New Year's Day and that I needed to renew it today which I told her that I already knew when it would run out and that I just wanted to buy the items that I came in for. Then, she came up with some flimsy story to say that the $5 coupon would not apply to Black Friday purchases.

I told her to get the manager. The manager said the same thing but that she would only take $5 off the purchase if I promised to come back this weekend to renew my Pro membership. I was pissed, and I told her that there is a reason that GameStop is the last place that I go to when I buy games just because of these kinds of shady business tactics.

On top of that, when I opened the bag on my way to the car, it was a gutted copy of Code Vein. I don't want anything that's been unwrapped and handled by strangers until they cure COVID-19, but it's probably the best deal that I will see on that game for a while, so I'm just going to tie up the bag and throw it in my trunk for a month to kill the germs.

I remember now why I avoid GameStop like the plague. I'm not sure if I'm even going to renew my membership in 2021 because of their horrible customer service and shady tricks.

And I would love to burn them on the survey. I can't figure out a reason not to unless someone can give me one. :bomb:
Sounds like you don't understand how COVID works.

All my B1G1 orders ready for pickup, shipping ones are still preparing...

anyone try and see if B1G1 works in store yet today?  :whee:

Is that true? I was wondering how GS made money on PuR if everyone could just use their coupons on digital currency, so it makes sense that they're tightening their belt. I'm all for anything that lets GS survive another year since they often have great deals lately.
Since the PUR certs rolled out and given how GS closed like 1-2 months after, I wasn't able to test this until they re-opened around here during the summer. I tried at 3 diff GS and I have not been able to use them on digital currency or sub cards. I know others have posted that they're still able to do this but I've had no luck.

According to them, the $5 off coupon didn't work on the Code Vein game either. That is, if they weren't lying to me. GameStop employees are so full of crap and so worried about upselling Pro memberships and warranties that I don't know what to believe anymore. :bomb:

I think the B1G1 cancellations are only happening on an individual basis at the store level.  I've had one cancellation over my 8 orders.  Not too bad.  It was a free $8.99 game for instore pickup, so I'll probably just eat that loss.  My pickup confirmations were processed instore by workers around 5-6am this morning.  

I made all of the non-free games for shipping.  Won't bother me at all if any of those get cancelled.  But so far 2 have shipped and 6 or so are preparing.

A few of my orders have tracking codes and they in store pickup games are ready to be retrieved. Very good deal, almost as good as last years sale. Wish the Vita and NDS games worked though.

People arguing over whether or not B1G1 was intentional, keep in mind that GameStop seems to operate like a Hydra.  Even if it was intentional to one of the heads, it may not have been intended by others.  My guess is thats what goes on behind the scenes for some of the shenanigans.  The recent store reset was just a chopped off head starting to regenerate, but in the end it’s probably going to come back the same.  Coming out a little goofy so far though.

It was intentional.  They even made graphics for the promo that were live on the website yesterday evening.  I would guess that at some point an exec made the admission:  "Our sales are way too low this year.  Time to get desperate."

Great promo, but I just wish they would have advertised it ahead of time.  Instead, it was "Surprise!  The order you placed 1 day ago is now a pile of regret."

My wife works at the mall so after I walked with her to work at 4:45 AM I went by the local GS. There was about 10 ppl waiting to be let in the mall entrance at 5 so I waited. When they opened the doors at 5 our little line of about a dozen was jumped by a group of about 25 that had been waiting at the parking garage entrance and was let in just a minute or so before the ground entrance. Needless to say I bailed real quick. Mostly a bunch of late teens, early twenties with 2 or 3 30+ yr olds in there, self included.

Grab a couple of gifts from other stores in the mall and walked past to see that another 20 or so MORE were now waiting in line 30 mins later. Not sure what any of those folks beyond the first 10 in line were thinking and why they think waiting 2 hours for GS to open with that kind of line is a good idea.....
The way you wrote that made me think a group of 25 people waiting in the parking garage jumped the people who had just bought consoles from GS...

I know that isn't what you meant, but I wonder how many people get robbed in parking garges/parking lots on Black Friday? It's already chaotic and people are acting rabbid over the PS5/XSX launch, so I wouldn't doubt it.

It was intentional. They even made graphics for the promo that were live on the website yesterday evening. I would guess that at some point an exec made the admission: "Our sales are way too low this year. Time to get desperate."

Great promo, but I just wish they would have advertised it ahead of time. Instead, it was "Surprise! The order you placed 1 day ago is now a pile of regret."
It's definitely better for us in the long run if they don't advertise it. The cheapest of the cheapys will keep holding out for better deals.

Thanks for the help! Just realized I have to refresh the GS page every time I make an order, missed out on a ton of cash back but since my card works again it's time to eat!!
You may not have missed out on much.

Rakuten didn't seem to track the cashback correctly:

Order 1 actual subtotal was $189.95 / Rakuten only shows the subtotal as $75.98 (so 40% of actual subtotal)

Order 2 actual subtotal was $173.96 / Rakuten doesn't show this at all (so 0% of actual subtotal)

Order 3 actual subtotal was $72.92 / Rakuten only shows the subtotal as $8.99 (so 12.3% of actual subtotal)

Order 4 actual subtotal was $37.99 / Rakuten shows the subtotal as $37.99 (so 100% of actual subtotal)

So out of 4 orders, the subtotal only matched for 1 freaking order.

my orders (and for some reason is doing only part of the cart subtotal; i.e. I had one order that was

how does covid work?
I suspect that poster is alluding to the fact that the threat of transmission from surfaces is presumed to be nearly nil.

I'm personally inferring the additional judgment that the threat of transmission from standing in a presumably small store long enough to engage in a heated debate with two other people at a presumed close proximity is statistically much more dangerous than surface contact.

But hey, a $5 discount...

Just got a shipped email from Gamestop with a Fedex tracking number. I only ordered Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3. Also got 1 of those $3 pops. They love it when you buy pops.

Probably a stupid question, but I cancelled a order I bought with trade credit last night and intended to rebuy with the 15% back. Well looks like the trade credit vanishes and doesn’t go back on the card. The cancellation page said they will email a new card. The email said they will mail a new card. Anyone know if they will actually send the balance somehow or do I need to contact support?

As far as I know, there is no trade bonus right now. I tried towards Watchdogs and my brother tried towards Cyberpunk. It may have just been disabled for this week though. I'm not sure on that.
Lame, now to ponder whether I should hold onto them until the promo comes back but risk values dropping, or dump now and miss out on an extra 20%.

Probably a stupid question, but I cancelled a order I bought with trade credit last night and intended to rebuy with the 15% back. Well looks like the trade credit vanishes and doesn’t go back on the card. The cancellation page said they will email a new card. The email said they will mail a new card. Anyone know if they will actually send the balance somehow or do I need to contact support?
You should get an email in a few days with the subject saying something like your item has shipped but nothing in the body of the email and then a gift card with the balance you used in the mail about a week later.

I suspect that poster is alluding to the fact that the threat of transmission from surfaces is presumed to be nearly nil.
I'm personally inferring the additional judgment that the threat of transmission from standing in a presumably small store long enough to engage in a heated debate with two other people at a presumed close proximity is statistically much more dangerous than surface contact.
Hey now, don't be too rough on the guy.

He has a masters degree.

You may not have missed out on much.

Rakuten didn't seem to track the cashback correctly:

Order 1 actual subtotal was $189.95 / Rakuten only shows the subtotal as $75.98 (so 40% of actual subtotal)

Order 2 actual subtotal was $173.96 / Rakuten doesn't show this at all (so 0% of actual subtotal)

Order 3 actual subtotal was $72.92 / Rakuten only shows the subtotal as $8.99 (so 12.3% of actual subtotal)

Order 4 actual subtotal was $37.99 / Rakuten shows the subtotal as $37.99 (so 100% of actual subtotal)

So out of 4 orders, the subtotal only matched for 1 freaking order.

my orders (and for some reason is doing only part of the cart subtotal; i.e. I had one order that was
Not sure if it's the same, but for BeFrugal, the CB appears as items ship... maybe that's why?

Last night during the B1G1 I grabbed:

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive (nsw)
Ghost of Tsushima (ps4)
Trials of Mana (ps4)
Granblue Fantasy Versus (ps4)
Maid of Sker (ps4)
Kingdom of Amalur re-reckoning (ps4)

$102 shipped / avg $17 per title. Not bad. Everything has shipped except for Granblue and Tsushima. Fingers crossed. Been burned on these deals in the past.

It is an unpleasant experience to look for games in store because of the reset that happened. I went to look for three games for the b2g1 sale, grabbed three cases off the shelf assuming that they would be in stock if they are on display. Then I had to wait in a long line only to be told that nothing I brought to register was available. I can't imagine doing in store browsing ever again unless they reverse this change.

For the record, I was wearing my mask, they were wearing their masks, and there was a clear plastic shield between them and me. However, GameStop not wanting to allow me to use a coupon that I had paid for as a part of their membership perks was completely ridiculous.

And, me not wanting to take home a gutted game that's been handled by God knows who isn't a health risk that I wanted to take since our elected officials are ass-hats who have been telling us things about COVID-19 since the beginning whether they turned out to be true or not.

I know that the virus is contagious, and I know that people can die from it. And when the powers-that-be told us supposed facts about the virus before they knew what they were dealing with, it was simply an attempt to maintain order so all hell didn't break loose. And it still broke lose. But I digress. :roll:

I was able to use my game coin and $5 monthly coupon on games that were doorbuster sales. I also had the guy put some games on hold for me that I ordered online just incase someone tried to pick them up as part of the b2g1 free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back