2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning / Suggestion for those going today to pickup orders - I just spent around 45 min in a store waiting for the system to process 5 pickup orders (different price tiers) and the guys felt so bad they honored the B1G1 when I showed them the app screen offer message (picked up 2 more copies of Zelda BOTW and FFX/XII)   :D/

It was intentional. They even made graphics for the promo that were live on the website yesterday evening. I would guess that at some point an exec made the admission: "Our sales are way too low this year. Time to get desperate."

Great promo, but I just wish they would have advertised it ahead of time. Instead, it was "Surprise! The order you placed 1 day ago is now a pile of regret."
If it was intentional because the sales were way too low, then why pull it? If they pulled it because they orders were losing money, then why have it at all? Something about it does seem rather off. I was waiting to try in store today but that's a no go now.

This should be common knowledge, but if you chose in store pickup, make sure you check before you leave. I ordered Star Wars Jedi & PGA 2K21 for Xbox One. Checked them in my car before I left and they were both for PS4. Walked back in the store and thankfully they had both in stock for Xbox One.

If it was intentional because the sales were way too low, then why pull it? If they pulled it because they orders were losing money, then why have it at all? Something about it does seem rather off. I was waiting to try in store today but that's a no go now.
It had to be intentional if they made a graphic and it worked. They must have just changed their mind for whatever reason.

Anyone know how long the $27 switch first party prices last in store?  Just today if it’s a door buster I guess?  Could I use a spend $300 get $30 coupon on one?  Debating if it’s worth going in really quick just to get new super Mario, they cancelled my online B2G1 free order with it.

Anyone know how long the $27 switch first party prices last in store?  Just today if it’s a door buster I guess?  Could I use a spend $300 get $30 coupon on one?  Debating if it’s worth going in really quick just to get new super Mario, they cancelled my online B2G1 free order with it.
Unlike most other retailers GS can and will change their mind about advertised deals. I asked the employee at the store about the B1G1 sale and he smugly told me that GS's fine print says they reserve the right to end the promotion at any time regardless of the end date. So with GS if you see a deal or trade in that is too good to be true then it's best to get it ASAP.

So I ordered the Lord Zedd/Rita Repulsa 2 pack and got this instead...[attachment=34994:20201127_122952.jpg]

I never tried ordering a buy 2 get 1 deal online from them before.  If I have to return 1 of the games, how would they refund me?  Would they refund me 66% of the price for that 1 game like Target does so that I still end up with the other 2 games at the discounted price?

All my games from b2g1 and b1g1 shipped, except fire emblem three houses in a b2g1. Since used is unavailable online anymore, if this never ships and gets cancelled, is it a hassle to go to the store and return the two from the b2g1 I did get for a full refund? Will they know the other never shipped?

So I got a free game from this sale, well it wasn't totally free, it was about 89 cents, it was a 3DS game worth $19.99 too. It was cartridge only. I did in store pick up. What happened was I ordered 2 3DS games under B1 G1, one of them was a mixup in the store, because they put the wrong sticker on it, so when they cancelled it apparently they cancelled the one I paid for, leaving me with a very cheap game. I was not charged extra or anything, I was really charged 89 cents for a  3DS game.

So I got a free game from this sale, well it wasn't totally free, it was about 89 cents, it was a 3DS game worth $19.99 too. It was cartridge only. I did in store pick up. What happened was I ordered 2 3DS games under B1 G1, one of them was a mixup in the store, because they put the wrong sticker on it, so when they cancelled it apparently they cancelled the one I paid for, leaving me with a very cheap game. I was not charged extra or anything, I was really charged 89 cents for a 3DS game.
Luck of the draw with these sales... some people end up in your situation, others end up the other way- they get the paid games and not the free ones. Happen to me twice last year where the free game was out of stock.

I am livid right now. :bomb:

On top of that, when I opened the bag on my way to the car, it was a gutted copy of Code Vein. I don't want anything that's been unwrapped and handled by strangers until they cure COVID-19, but it's probably the best deal that I will see on that game for a while, so I'm just going to tie up the bag and throw it in my trunk for a month to kill the germs.

I remember now why I avoid GameStop like the plague. I'm not sure if I'm even going to renew my membership in 2021 because of their horrible customer service and shady tricks.

And I would love to burn them on the survey. I can't figure out a reason not to unless someone can give me one. :bomb:
Dude. You went into the store with other humans that could breathe on or around you, but you are worried about getting it from a plastic game case after a couple days?

America. This is the problem.

How can you tell which games were free? My order details just shows a discount in the price of the game but all the games were the same price.

Not sure if it's the same, but for BeFrugal, the CB appears as items ship... maybe that's why?
That's what I thought, but rakuten's website posted the transactions yesterday (shortly after putting the order in on GS website, and before I got any shipping notifications)

Kind of weird. Never had issues with TopCashBack (only other cashback site I've ever used). Clicking on the little "i" symbol below just says "We see that you placed an order. Cash Back for this order should be processed by GameStop by 12/6/20".

97LjrCc.png

People who used rakuten cashback for pre-owned stuff, you may check to make sure the transaction amount is correct.

The CDC has been debating downplaying the emphasis on surface-contact spread of Covid19 for months now. The main reason they haven't is an abundance of caution. Aerosolized particles are the main method of transmission, so yeah -- indoors is a risk. Even socially distanced, even with masks. But everyone has to manage their own level of risk, so nagging on people for making choices isn't helpful.

Luck of the draw with these sales... some people end up in your situation, others end up the other way- they get the paid games and not the free ones. Happen to me twice last year where the free game was out of stock.
Very true, I don't do these sales too often, but this was total luck. Honestly I figured I was charged full price for the one game and I would have to pay it but then I looked more closely and my paypal was only charged 89 cents..

I made a big deal about it this morning. I've decided not to do business there anymore. And I've moved on. You should too. :roll:
Do what you want.

My "issue" is I'm potentially out $52.78 cashback and 13k PUR points... and yet I still didn't make as big of a deal out of it as you did over your $10 game being opened and not able to use a $5 certificate. I'm sure your issue and my issue are easily rectified though. No big deal.

Do what you want.

My "issue" is I'm potentially out $52.78 cashback and 13k PUR points... and yet I still didn't make as big of a deal out of it as you did over your $10 game being opened and not able to use a $5 certificate. I'm sure your issue and my issue are easily rectified though. No big deal.
As long as we're done. :applause:

Covid will die on surfaces that are warm enough in a matter of hours; don't leave it somewhere cold. Bring it inside, go to bed, and use it when you wake up in the morning and I assure you there's zero risk of transmission.

Cyberpunk PS4 still gave me the trade-in bump so boomeranged the seven titles I picked up in store, and now just gotta hope the eight other titles ship with no issues. Should end up with $100 free credit, as well as free copies of MK Aftermath, Crash 4 and Valhalla. Not too bad.

I ordered 8 games during the B3G1, 4 came in yesterday. I was able to reorder most of them last night with the b2g1 sale. So I will be keep the good conditions/complete games & returning the previous order *or flip them*.3 1st party switch games for $55 is just ridiculous, great ad this year.

I got the slipcover & artbook but a generic case. GS gon GS smh.

RqCWfuB.jpg
That's not generic given that it's a blue case and not black. It's just missing the cover art.

So far 2 of the 4 orders that I made are partial shipments. I didn't learn my lesson from last year.

Ive had GameStop split my online orders many times. If they haven’t canceled on you, I wouldn’t sweat it.
This. Most my switch stuff was split into separate shipments.

Now if your product says "awaiting product availability" then you might start worrying but even then I've never had an issue that gamestop didn't wasn't otherwise able to resolve.

Glad I dumped my vanilla copy of MK11 on Wednesday(since I was upgrading to the Aftermath Kollection today), as the TIV dropped a few dollars overnight. Somehow got the only copy(display copy) they had for Xbox One. Must be clearing them out for the Ultimate Edition that just came out.

That's not generic given that it's a blue case and not black. It's just missing the cover art.
Had that happen when I bought Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash. Strange that they had everything but the actual insert for the case.

Cyberpunk PS4 still gave me the trade-in bump so boomeranged the seven titles I picked up in store, and now just gotta hope the eight other titles ship with no issues. Should end up with $100 free credit, as well as free copies of MK Aftermath, Crash 4 and Valhalla. Not too bad.
Cyberpunk didn't trigger the bonus for me.

Glad I dumped my vanilla copy of MK11 on Wednesday(since I was upgrading to the Aftermath Kollection today), as the TIV dropped a few dollars overnight. Somehow got the only copy(display copy) they had for Xbox One. Must be clearing them out for the Ultimate Edition that just came out.

Had that happen when I bought Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash. Strange that they had everything but the actual insert for the case.
Im waiting for Ultimate version, adds even more stuff.

I haven't shopped much at GameStop lately.

Maybe slightly off-topic, but did I miss something where the company is taking a turn for the better or something? Their stock price is rising lately, and people on the WallStreetBets reddit are going crazy for GME stock lately (whereas they used to dump on it whenever someone would mention it).

Link to a funny WallSteetBets thread from today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/k23qlv/jacking_off_to_293k_gain_in_a_week_thankful_to/
I know some hedge fund bought a stake in them, they are getting some money off digital sales now, and they made it to the next console cycle after surviving Covid, so they look better now than they did a few months ago for sure. Long term I think the only thing that's really changed is the new revenue stream off digital. But if you bought them a while back that investment is looking pretty good.

I haven't shopped much at GameStop lately.

Maybe slightly off-topic, but did I miss something where the company is taking a turn for the better or something? Their stock price is rising lately, and people on the WallStreetBets reddit are going crazy for GME stock lately (whereas they used to dump on it whenever someone would mention it).

Link to a funny WallSteetBets thread from today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/k23qlv/jacking_off_to_293k_gain_in_a_week_thankful_to/
COVID resulted in a huge spike in game sales, add in 2 new consoles being released this holiday means good news for GS. I'm still kicking myself for not buying this for $4-5 a year ago... would have been a great flip.

I didn’t buy any stock in gs because I was convinced they would be out of business like blockbuster, circuit city, tru, gamecrazy, etc If you did and it worked out and you sold on a high then props to you but it was a risky move that paid off

Ultimately while GameStop’s business model makes them more like loan sharks than a games retailer, it’s ultimately good that they exist abd we are not 100% digital

That said, last nights bogo sale on used games was sale of the year or perhaps best sale in recent memory, I bought a few hundred dollars worth of games and the sales on first party switch games were particularly sweet

I know some hedge fund bought a stake in them, they are getting some money off digital sales now, and they made it to the next console cycle after surviving Covid, so they look better now than they did a few months ago for sure. Long term I think the only thing that's really changed is the new revenue stream off digital. But if you bought them a while back that investment is looking pretty good.
Isn’t MS partnering with them? That’s gotta help

Do you work for the CDC?
No. But Both my wife and I see and treat multiple COVID patients a day (hint...check out my username).

it is transmitted through aerosolized particles. Not from fomite transmission. Is there anyway you could get it from a plastic game case? Sure. If someone with COVID handled your game case an hour before you started licking it up and down you might get it.

You have a 1000x better chance of contracting it in any enclosed space (like a GameStop) then you would ever get from touching an item someone else handled. The closer the proximity and the longer the exposure the higher risk.

It’s like you fell into a coma in early April and just woke up, without any of the knowledge we’ve gained about this thing the past 9 months. (Actually that doesn’t sound too bad....wouldn’t mind falling asleep and waking up in June)

COVID resulted in a huge spike in game sales, add in 2 new consoles being released this holiday means good news for GS. I'm still kicking myself for not buying this for $4-5 a year ago... would have been a great flip.
I bought at 3.45 in February with the intention of selling after the consoles launched this month. They have had several interesting announcements recently with microsoft and vizeo, but I am probably still getting out next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back