2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. But Both my wife and I see and treat multiple COVID patients a day (hint...check out my username).

it is transmitted through aerosolized particles. Not from fomite transmission. Is there anyway you could get it from a plastic game case? Sure. If someone with COVID handled your game case an hour before you started licking it up and down you might get it.

You have a 1000x better chance of contracting it in any enclosed space (like a GameStop) then you would ever get from touching an item someone else handled. The closer the proximity and the longer the exposure the higher risk.

It’s like you fell into a coma in early April and just woke up, without any of the knowledge we’ve gained about this thing the past 9 months. (Actually that doesn’t sound too bad....wouldn’t mind falling asleep and waking up in June)
Jesus, it's like you're obsessed with me.

I don't want to buy gutted games. Not now, especially in COVID-19 times. Period. But thanks for the bio lesson in the middle of the night. Get a life. And good night.

Isn’t MS partnering with them? That’s gotta help
Yes they are. I think (not sure) that Sony also gave them a small piece of PSN cards and such as well.

Gamestop is still the "melting ice cube" that's been described, but they can last much longer with the continued store closures and deals like this.

So my B1G1 order partially shipped, got Pokémon Sword and Shield. Shield still says preparing to ship. Should I expect GS to cancel the second one? Should I try to get a refund if they do only send me 1? $40 for both was too good to pass up, but Pokémon is $40 often it seems so it’s not as good a deal without the B1G1.

Your opinion. But he's been trolling me since Friday morning. If he's an adult, he should move on. The guy is like a dog with a bone.
Honestly, what the hell is it with some people on this website. If you don't want someone to talk to you, ignore them. Don't say anything. They will leave you alone. There's also an ignore button! Grow up. No one wants to see personal bickering.

tenor.gif

Put in 5-6 orders, and 56/57 of my games shipped. Some of the orders were partial shipments. Granted they weren't all b1g1 (I think about a dozen were b2g1). IIRC they all shipped FedEx.

They should change the company name to:

POP!Stop :bouncy:
(and maybe games)
I was surprised that the GS I went to last night had so few POPs in stock. I know they had all Pops under $9 on sale for $3 but I didn’t expect them to be pretty much cleaned out. I saw a small section with about 30 of the newer Pops with just a few of the older ones mixed in with the clearance stuff.

I picked up an X-Men Rogue Pop for $3 and used my last $5 cert on a $10 e-shop card. I doubt I will renew my PUR membership. The fact that they can’t be used online now (and in the beginning, too) and the cert disappearing in the middle of the expiration day soured me on the program. I missed out on 3 certs during the beginning of the pandemic and 2 that disappeared before I could use them. I only ended using 8 out of 13 certs . Most were used on Pops and e-shop cards but it was more trouble than it’s worth (atleast for me).

I doubt I will renew my PUR membership. The fact that they can’t be used online now (and in the beginning, too) and the cert disappearing in the middle of the expiration day soured me on the program. I missed out on 3 certs during the beginning of the pandemic and 2 that disappeared before I could use them. I only ended using 8 out of 13 certs . Most were used on Pops and e-shop cards but it was more trouble than it’s worth (atleast for me).
I used mine online on Wednesday.

Checked my mail just now, and 13 sentinels was there even though my order page only shows my gift card as being shipped. Thank you, Black Friday fairy. 

Hi. Has anyone had success using the $30 coupon you get from spending $300? I keep trying to use it online, and it can't be added to my cart for some reason. Did they switch it to store only or something?

Hi. Has anyone had success using the $30 coupon you get from spending $300? I keep trying to use it online, and it can't be added to my cart for some reason. Did they switch it to store only or something?
It's in store only, don't think it ever worked online.

GS will have B2G2 on games under $19.99 for Cyber Monday. Not as great as B1G1, but the discount rate is the same if you're buying multiple games.
Anything below the free shipping threshhold required me to buy 2 anyways since you can’t mix in b1g1 at another price point without losing the max discount available.

Perfect, so I can just show them the code on my phone and have them enter it?
Pretty sure you don't even need to do that- the last time I was there, they were able to punch in my phone # and look up what offers I had on my PowerUp Rewards account and apply it. I honestly didn't even know I had one so that was a surprise.

But as another user said, it's only good for one item and when I purchased, I had a $13 so the employee told me to not use it unless I wanted to lose out on the remaining $17.

Pretty sure you don't even need to do that- the last time I was there, they were able to punch in my phone # and look up what offers I had on my PowerUp Rewards account and apply it. I honestly didn't even know I had one so that was a surprise.

But as another user said, it's only good for one item and when I purchased, I had a $13 so the employee told me to not use it unless I wanted to lose out on the remaining $17.
They can either scan the barcode on your phone or use your phone number both will work.

Is the $30 off for $300 still going? I know it officially ended 11/22 but the tracker still shows up (though not sure it's updating. 

Just noticed it's on my tracker and I need to make a major purchase. Our office does one of those holiday gifts for underprivileged kids and games are a popular request so we're trying to figure out where and how the best deals are for a bulk purchase. 

In case anyone wondering, I can confirm spend $300 get $30 cert can be used to pay for $27 switch door busters in store, which last through tomorrow.  Losing out on $3, but still a good use with the discount I think.  Not a fan of the direction new super mario series went,  but I’ll take it for free.

My b1g1 order of :ps4: Watch Dogs Legion and :3ds: Kirby Planet Robobot arrived and both include original cases! I expected Legion would since it's only a month old, but Kirby was a nice surprise and much appreciated since it will be a gift.

I wasn't expecting this deal to work so well after previous experiences (the b2g2 last year, *sigh*). I was afraid to place more than one order. Very happy to get these games for $15 ea ($18 ea after tax/ship) ^^

Btw,
I kinda feel bad for the person who traded in Legion. They left their receipt in the case and it shows they traded in :switch: Super Mario 3D All-Stars and :ps4: Crash Bandicoot 4 for the money to get Legion at $60 + $3 warranty (why?) + $10 in Legion virtual currency (again why?). I'm guessing they regretted Legion at full price. Still, I thank them for their sacrifice :bow:

Just an FYI, my recent shipment from the GS warehouse showed the cost of "free" shipping deducted from my item prices. For anyone needing to do returns, that might be a problem for you. I thought that issue had been corrected from warehouse shipments?

Is the $30 off for $300 still going? I know it officially ended 11/22 but the tracker still shows up (though not sure it's updating.

Just noticed it's on my tracker and I need to make a major purchase. Our office does one of those holiday gifts for underprivileged kids and games are a popular request so we're trying to figure out where and how the best deals are for a bulk purchase.
I don't think so. Unless they're just slow to be applied, I've made a number of purchases this week, and my progress still shows the same amount it did on the 11/22 deadline.

Just an FYI, my recent shipment from the GS warehouse showed the cost of "free" shipping deducted from my item prices. For anyone needing to do returns, that might be a problem for you. I thought that issue had been corrected from warehouse shipments?
Last I've seen from my orders is that the warehouse packing slips (printed on a sticker label) are the ones most likely to deduct shipping. I've had free games show a negative amount even.

The ones from stores recently have more accurate listed prices. I received a fedex shipment today from a store across town and all four 8.99 games were correct on the packing slip.

What is going on with gamestop? Just received my squadrons for ps4 that arrived a week after ordering but the item was opened (no plastic wrap) and the box got damaged in shipping and the disc is scratched to sh*t. I doubt the store would let me exchange it so contacted the website. Seems like this shipped from a store instead of the website. Probably wanted to get rid of used/open copies first.

3 of my 7 orders have shipped. One has already arrived. I'm worried that they skipped over 4 of them in order, and some of the items are no longer available to order on the website. Should I be panicking?

I placed 4 orders, each with 4 games, during the B1G1 sale.

So far, 15 of 16 games have shipped out with 4 separate tracking numbers. Two of those packages have been picked up and are en route.

The lone game that hasn't shipped is a paid game.

I placed 4 orders, each with 4 games, during the B1G1 sale.

So far, 15 of 16 games have shipped out with 4 separate tracking numbers. Two of those packages have been picked up and are en route.

The lone game that hasn't shipped is a paid game.
How can you tell which game is paid? On mine it just shows a discount for the price of the free game.

Does anyone remember how cheap the ugly Xmas sweaters got at GameStop last year before Xmas? I kind of remember them being a DotD once or twice before the actual holiday.

How can you tell which game is paid? On mine it just shows a discount for the price of the free game.
I kept a note of it.

I also paid with trade credit and reviewed the balance activity on my gift card to confirm everything.

There's a hold on the gift card in the amount of the game that hasn't shipped yet, but you can't actually see it unless you call into customer service to confirm it. I didn't actually call into customer service though, but I remembered the same thing happening last year with their B2G2 promo at the end of 2019.

Shipping is going pretty well on the b1g1 so far. Still need 17 of the 66 games to ship.

Some have been delivered but I am out of town. Stay away porch pirates.

so far so good luigis mansion 3, mlb 20, squadrons ps4, mario 3ds, ff 12 nsw, re3 ps4, and nfs heat arrived in grest condition with original case.

still waiting on some other orders to arrive and /or ship

all used and 50% discounted (either bundled with $29 new games or b1g1)

new games yoshi and fire emblem nsw were sealed as well

Does anyone remember how cheap the ugly Xmas sweaters got at GameStop last year before Xmas? I kind of remember them being a DotD once or twice before the actual holiday.
I still have an XL Mario one I got for like $2 on clearance. Still in its shrinkwrap! Found it next to the gift christmas labels I needed to wrap some presents post-black friday (more RC cars the kids will destroy in 3 days)

Speaking of DOTD, seems to have been gone most of the week, hope it comes back next week! :dunce:

Supposedly ended on the 22nd. :bomb: Would have been a nice bonus.

GS will have B2G2 on games under $19.99 for Cyber Monday. Not as great as B1G1, but the discount rate is the same if you're buying multiple games.
Saw the ad briefly before they took it down, didn't see a B2G2 in there. Prefer 50% off 29.99 when you buy 5 at this point! :oldman:

Is the $30 off coupon from the spend $300 in store use only?  I've tried to apply it through the website and the app and I get the usual "coupon cannot be added to your cart".  Wondering if it's just normal Gamestop website suckage or if it's in-store only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back