2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question -- I ordered some games during the B1G1 deal, and they should be arriving this week...

I've noticed people saying that even with "free" shipping, the shipping cost was being factored into return values.  If I get a copy I'm unhappy with, how do I avoid getting $6 taken out of my refund?

Question -- I ordered some games during the B1G1 deal, and they should be arriving this week...

I've noticed people saying that even with "free" shipping, the shipping cost was being factored into return values. If I get a copy I'm unhappy with, how do I avoid getting $6 taken out of my refund?
good question.

I've noticed people saying that even with "free" shipping, the shipping cost was being factored into return values. If I get a copy I'm unhappy with, how do I avoid getting $6 taken out of my refund?
Take it to a store and explain what happened and the employee, unless they're a complete asshat, will likely just do the return if you can show the price you paid via an email receipt or online order receipt. I had an item with a price of -$5.99 (which was the shipping), told the employee and they refunded me the actual price I paid without any hassle.

I have received 14/15 games and 13 of those came complete. Only thing that hasn't shipped yet is Yoshi which seems to have been the free one of a b2g1 free.

Got 23/46 games so far from B1G1, so good! Only one was kinda eh and that was a European copy of Links Awakening but I’ll probably just sell it instead of keeping it anyway.

Lol all my games came with original cases problem is one of them was sold as new so it had that round sticker. That’s gonna be annoying to take off, gotta wash the case

They were busy packing orders to ship out and there was a big pile of stuff. The manager said "I don't want to be here when the Fedex guy gets here". Now I understand why they don't have accurate tracking, because the Fedex guy just loads all the packages without scanning them when he picks them up. It's too much work for him/her to scan over 100 packages before they leave the store.
I received a number of packages yesterday via FedEx that never showed an initial scan, you must be right. Just pending one order now. Was nice to hop on the B1G1, now just waiting for a good trade bump.

Got my b1g1 order in yesterday, all complete. The online system never updated anything about it's shipping status. It just showed up. I did not have any of that -$5.99 crap on the receipt either.

GameStop removed my Demon's Souls pre-order. I was waiting to pick it up after I got my ps5, which finally arrived yesterday. I had put down $35 on it. Now it's not showing up anywhere in my email or app. What a bunch of scam artists.

Anyone have this happen to them. Will I be able to get my money back?

GameStop removed my Demon's Souls pre-order. I was waiting to pick it up after I got my ps5, which finally arrived yesterday. I had put down $35 on it. Now it's not showing up anywhere in my email or app. What a bunch of scam artists.

Anyone have this happen to them. Will I be able to get my money back?
The app is terrible. Vanished preorders is a common thing, even before the "new" extra-terrible app. Just contact the store. Your reservation & balance is probably there just in "not picked up" state.

The app is terrible. Vanished preorders is a common thing, even before the "new" extra-terrible app. Just contact the store. Your reservation & balance is probably there just in "not picked up" state.
Thanks for the quick reply! That definitely makes sense. I'll check in person later today.

Not necessarily. I had one missing for Animal Crossing. Thankfully the store manager knows me and believed me so he took $5 off the game I was picking up

Got my b1g1 order in yesterday, all complete. The online system never updated anything about it's shipping status. It just showed up. I did not have any of that -$5.99 crap on the receipt either.
gives me hope my partial shipped order will arrive soon, and ideally, not partial lol.

Can’t find PSVR trade in value on website, I’m guessing they don’t take it?
i think they stopped taking them a while ago

I wanted to trade in the XBOX One Kinect Camera and Adapter, and both were showing up and I was still told, by multiple gamestops, that they don't take them...thought that was strange...

PSVR trade ins may be suspended due to covid concerns I’m guessing. Are a lot of us ‘awaiting product availability’ for Yoshi’s Crafted world still?

I used my monthly coupon online yesterday and it disappeared from my active offers. I thought it stays in your offers if you use it online first then in store.

I used my monthly coupon online yesterday and it disappeared from my active offers. I thought it stays in your offers if you use it online first then in store.
maybe they fixed it. I usually use mine in store first then if the code still works near the end of the month, I'll use it online.

The way I used to do it was add the coupon to your cart and then use the $5 reward in store. Then later at home, place another order with the $5 coupon in the same day.
Coupon² is valid the entire month. Last few months I've varied which one I've used first (online vs instore), but for November's coupon, I used it in-store on Age of Calamity, then waited until the BF/Cyber sales to use it online for a pickup order and it still worked - literally just copy the code down and paste it into your cart when you want to use it later even if it disappeared from your actives. :whee:

You should not get hit with a referb fee. Someone in here was saying that GS is going to start requiring cases on trades a few weeks ago, but I do not think there is any confirmation that will happen. I kind of doubt it will, but would honestly be in favor of it.
Why would you be in favor of it? GameStop ends up paying less trade credit but sell the game at the same price. Only one who benefits is GameStop.

Update #2 from yesterday package.

All my items shipped, I compiled a list to keep track of all games. Red titles came incomplete, grey haven't arrived & green is complete.

RE3 :ps4:

Nioh 2

MediEvil

HZD: CE

Code Vein :ps4:

God of War

Splatoon 2

Madden 21 :ps4:

Doom Eternal :ps4:

Ace Combat 7 :ps4:

Star Wars Jedi: FO :ps4:

MLB The Show 20 :ps4:

The Last of Us II

The Last of Us II

The Last of Us II

Mario Tennis Aces

Yoshi: Crafted World

Yoshi: Crafted World

Bayonetta & Vanquish :ps4:

Bayonetta & Vanquish :ps4:

13 Sentinels Aegis Rim

Star Wars: Squadrons :ps4:

Star Wars: Squadrons :ps4:

Azure Strikers: Gunvolt :ps4:

Azure Strikers: Gunvolt :ps4:

A Plague Tale: Innocence :ps4:

A Plague Tale: Innocence :ps4:

Predator Hunting Grounds

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

yes on Yoshi, all other games have shipped
My last Yoshi just shipped.

Why would you be in favor of it? GameStop ends up paying less trade credit but sell the game at the same price. Only one who benefits is GameStop.
what a selfish pov. the person who benefits is the buyer. assuming you're also buying used games from GS, eventually you'll benefit BY GETTING THE COMPLETE GAME.

what a selfish pov. the person who benefits is the buyer. assuming you're also buying used games from GS, eventually you'll benefit BY GETTING THE COMPLETE GAME.
I like how eStarland does their trades. They offer different amounts depending on how complete the game is when you trade it. Plus, when you go to buy a used game they specifically tell you what's included with it as well (case, manual, extras, etc).

This - I think we’d all be more inclined to order used online from GS if it was guaranteed to get original case/manual.

I like how eStarland does their trades. They offer different amounts depending on how complete the game is when you trade it. Plus, when you go to buy a used game they specifically tell you what's included with it as well (case, manual, extras, etc).
I might get ripped for this but GS should enter into the mainstream retro game market. Start taking in select games for all consoles... no sports games, no trash games, focus on the major franchises (Marios and Sonics) and releases in popular categories (RPGs/action adventure games for any 90s systems, racing/FPSes in the late 90s/00s). Train employees to actually review the discs and contents for physical quality before accept trade in (vs taking in anything and destroying them with your shit machines), and then just price them just like eBay.

People might not like hearing this but eBay prices are already nuts. If I have to pay $100 for an old game I want, I'd be more inclined to do it at GS where I can review everything vs eBay where the seller calls their water damaged/dog chewed copy mint condition.

They supposedly also test every used game they take. I wish they could run GameStop.

“All eStarland pre-owned merchandise is cleaned and tested by our trained technicians and are guaranteed for 90 days, unless specified otherwise.”

The way I used to do it was add the coupon to your cart and then use the $5 reward in store. Then later at home, place another order with the $5 coupon in the same day.
Wait I'm confused. You can use the monthly $5 reward on two purchases (in-store and online) which saves you $10 off?

For example:

$5 off reward on a $10 eShop card in-store

$5 off reward on any game from the online store

Wait I'm confused. You can use the monthly $5 reward on two purchases (in-store and online) which saves you $10 off?

For example:

$5 off reward on a $10 eShop card in-store
$5 off reward on any game from the online store
Yes, I can confirm that it still works. I added it to an item in my cart yesterday then went into the store and used it there. This morning I used it online for an in store pick up purchase.

It’s the V2 with better battery life. Of note here: you used online coupons and THEY WORKED? This is unheard of
yessir, I was dreading finding out they didn't and having to find some other crap to order online or call CS to get my points converted back. Now I wished they had the $50 online cert available.

Thanks for the reply on the V2 confirmation. I'll end up keeping my Target version (5% redcard discounted) and maybe gifting the GS one.

I just received 3 more games. 2 of them came with the original case and 1 was a display case (Pokemon Sword). My partial order game, just came out of no where, without tracking or any indication that it was shipped. Expect partial orders to show up out of the blue without shipment info.

Got an email for the last B1G1 game I ordered on the 26th. It says they are preparing to ship it and has a ETA of 12/4 but still no tracking #. Out of the 9 switch games so far I got 2 generic and 7 complete (but Super Mario Maker 2 is the European release 😣). It wouldn't be so bad but the title on the spine is centered, not left aligned like every other NA release.

I dont buy games with generic cases. If they required cases like the other two game stores I shop at you would not have to run through the awkward, do you have this, do you have the case...
Especially now that they are not putting all the games out it would be easier. Also the two other game stores will not take games in trade without the original case (some exceptions for rare or older stuff and portables). If I buy a game in a generic case gamestop is the only trade option.

Estarland is great because you know what you are getting and they have good quality control. Only thing that sucks is the $100 minimum to trade stuff in to get free shipping label. They give you some shipping credit if you are under $100, but it never actually covers the cost to ship.

Website down for GS or is it just me? Down as in not letting me order anything. After clicking submit order it keeps saying try a different payment source or adjust billing address. I’m using a gift card and the site verifies that there is plenty of money on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back