2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if Game Coin can be used online or is it an in store only promotion? Talking about redeeming earned coin in this case.

Now that next gen is here and some prices guaranteed to tank further, any reccs for games to flip on this 5+ for 50% deal? Especially for Switch or PS4

Now that next gen is here and some prices guaranteed to tank further, any reccs for games to flip on this 5+ for 50% deal? Especially for Switch or PS4
After 5+/50% and Cyberpunk trade bonus

Doom Eternal (X1) $8 -> $15.60
Doom Eternal (PS4) $8 -> $16.90

So has anyone used their $10 off coupon for spending $60, in store? As someone mentioned earlier, the fine print says that it can't be used towards POSA, new hardware, or new software. I can get the coupon to apply online to a used game, but only by having $60 worth of used games in my cart. So it appears that besides being limited on new software, it requires a minimum spend of $60 again to even use it on used software... at least online. I'm hoping this limitation doesn't apply in-store, or even better if it works on new software or POSA in-store.

Did anyone get credit for the 15% ebates for their black friday/cyber monday purchases?

All of mine never credited.
I got $7.20 for my AC:NH order (x2) that was shipped...it credited RIGHT away

The other orders that I had set up for pick-up have not been credited...there is still about $27 worth of cash back that I need to ensure gets credited!

Anyone see any Oculus Quest 2s in their areas?  I finally built my credit up and BAM...out of stock online.  I know Facebook is a requirement, but I still want it since I have about $300 in credit...

After 5+/50% and Cyberpunk trade bonus

Doom Eternal (X1) $8 -> $15.60
Doom Eternal (PS4) $8 -> $16.90
What 5+/50% promo are you referring to? I know about the Cyberpunk +30% promo because it is in the ad, but unsure what the other deal that you mentioned it. I read back a few pages of comments and did not see it mentioned. Can you elaborate? I thought promos (especially trade) never stacked. What am I missing?

Also I have not been on CAG much since the pandemic began but I do recall people saying that GS wrecked their app with an update as *I think* trade values could not even be looked up. Can anyone tell me if the app is fixed now and it’s safe to update? I have noticed that the version I am on now seems to give better trade values for some games via search without saving versus visiting the site. Any update/info is appreciated. Thanks

P.S. My Pro has expired. Is there an ideal time/way to sign up again if you want to use Rewards points (assuming that’s still allowed of course)?

What 5+/50% promo are you referring to? I know about the Cyberpunk +30% promo because it is in the ad, but unsure what the other deal that you mentioned it. I read back a few pages of comments and did not see it mentioned. Can you elaborate? I thought promos (especially trade) never stacked. What am I missing?

Also I have not been on CAG much since the pandemic began but I do recall people saying that GS wrecked their app with an update as *I think* trade values could not even be looked up. Can anyone tell me if the app is fixed now and it’s safe to update? I have noticed that the version I am on now seems to give better trade values for some games via search without saving versus visiting the site. Any update/info is appreciated. Thanks

P.S. My Pro has expired. Is there an ideal time/way to sign up again if you want to use Rewards points (assuming that’s still allowed of course)?
I think alexpguy was referring to the last time GS offered their 50% off 5+ games at $19.99-or-less promo, which occurred the same time Doom Eternal was <$19 preowned, so he's saying the $8 he paid for those copies back then turned into the amounts after Cyberpunk promo now.

Huh, you can use pro monthly certs on preorders now? I just used it on persona strikers.

This combined with honey means i'm actually a gamestop customer for life now, unless they take this away. I only get like 1 game a month anyways, so having 5$ off video games, + cash back from honey means I'm only buying from gamestop now, I guess.

Does anyone know if they ship the physical pre-order bonuses with the game? ( In this case, the Joker pin? ) 

I think alexpguy was referring to the last time GS offered their 50% off 5+ games at $19.99-or-less promo, which occurred the same time Doom Eternal was <$19 preowned, so he's saying the $8 he paid for those copies back then turned into the amounts after Cyberpunk promo now.
I was responding to Linkachu's post. GS is running the "get 50% off 5+ games under $19.99" right now, and Doom Eternal is on sale for $16. Get flippin'!

I got $7.20 for my AC:NH order (x2) that was shipped...it credited RIGHT away

The other orders that I had set up for pick-up have not been credited...there is still about $27 worth of cash back that I need to ensure gets credited!
when you say right away do you mean after purchase or after shipping?

I just realized the Luigi’s Mansion 3 I got from the B1G1 sale is the Euro version. Probably wouldn’t have noticed the EUR on the cart itself had it not come with original case (Pegi 7). Hopefully they don’t give me a problem trading it back in.

I just realized the Luigi’s Mansion 3 I got from the B1G1 sale is the Euro version. Probably wouldn’t have noticed the EUR on the cart itself had it not come with original case (Pegi 7). Hopefully they don’t give me a problem trading it back in.
I got a PEGI Super Mario Maker 2 during the B1G1 and had no problem trading it back in the other day. I just left the back GS sticker on it so if they questioned it, I'd say that's how they sent it to me (normally I remove them).

So has anyone used their $10 off coupon for spending $60, in store? As someone mentioned earlier, the fine print says that it can't be used towards POSA, new hardware, or new software. I can get the coupon to apply online to a used game, but only by having $60 worth of used games in my cart. So it appears that besides being limited on new software, it requires a minimum spend of $60 again to even use it on used software... at least online. I'm hoping this limitation doesn't apply in-store, or even better if it works on new software or POSA in-store.
I’m hoping to find a used Spider-Man ps5 to use it on.

Geez I ordered the ps4 special edition a year and a half ago, now the pc edition is showing as available. I guess I’ll play the ps4 edition then sell it, keep the bonus goodies and buy the pc goty edition in a couple of years

If you glance at the GS reddit, it seems like they're complaining that Fedex/UPS is refusing to come pickup orders because they are "overwhelmed" and dropping contracts so corporate is asking employees to drop stuff off themselves ... which seems plausible in these times.  :wall:

I did verify that 50% off $19.99 does work in store now, might find a random game or two in-stock you want then add  a few $0.50 games to get to 5  :D Got the last of my 45.5s in today (30% towards cyberpunk, values held)

Used my Dec $5 off on a $10 PSN card and New Sealed Disgaea 4 Complete Plus PS4 $12.97.

Total came out to $13.66 for both items.

IMG-0636.jpg

I was able to use it instore with no issue. I did try it last night online and it didn't apply though (same item).

It also didn't seem to stack with the fill a bag of collectables get 25% off thing. So, I did a separate transaction.

If you glance at the GS reddit, it seems like they're complaining that Fedex/UPS is refusing to come pickup orders because they are "overwhelmed" and dropping contracts so corporate is asking employees to drop stuff off themselves ... which seems plausible in these times. :wall:

I did verify that 50% off $19.99 does work in store now, might find a random game or two in-stock you want then add ask for a few $0.50 games to get to 5 :D Got the last of my 45.5s in today and ready for (30% towards cyberpunk, values held)
It's only Fed Ex, the GameStop contract went to Fed Ex a few months ago. UPS has nothing to do with GameStop anymore,

GameStop still uses UPS.
Yep they use everyone indiscriminately. Fedex just gets the bulk of their orders supposedly due to the new contract. I don't know why people are acting like they only deliver through fedex now and or that fedex is any worse than ups was back in may through july. I've been having my orders go through both ups and fedex along with occasionally the horrible sure post and smart post, and one order was through gamestops store same day delivery where the store manager leaves your game on your front porch with the order slip and nothing else during a blizzard. Never doing that one again if at all possible. Or at least not until the weather is nicer and or its the only option available.

GameStop still uses UPS.
Some, not all, of my recent gamestop packages have been ups mail innovations...which gets handed off to usps and then delivered days later (well past expected delivery date) by the post office.

this is aggravating because it almost guarantees the package to be late in my experience and the tracking worthless once handed off to usps.

I was trying to order a $14.99 game. I redeemed a $5.00 reward for online purchases. It says it includes free shipping with the coupon? I try to check out and enter the code. Afterwards, it tells me the code is in my cart, but I see no changes. Does it not work on things already on sale?

Says "GameStop did not provide Cash Back for this purchase" next to the little grey "i" symbol (on the far right, when I click on it)

Screw Rakuten and Gamestop.

5p5WOTk.jpg
I think I wrote on here already I got 15% back on my first Gamestop purchase and the normal 2-3% on my 2nd purchase. Never have any problems getting cash back with gamestop. I did get the grey symbol next to one of my Walmart purchases from that night though.

Does GS do return rebuys pretty easy? Got a $10 off $60 coupon and just bought a Dualsense controller. Wondering if its easier to return at one store and buy at another or do it all at one time.

Is there an actual way to contact GS for support besides the contact us form on their website? I ordered Yoshi's Crafted World like 2 weeks ago or whatnot and last tracking update I have is November 30th so I think my copy is lost. I did use that contact help form but I got no response in like 2 days or whatever.

Thanks

Is there an actual way to contact GS for support besides the contact us form on their website? I ordered Yoshi's Crafted World like 2 weeks ago or whatnot and last tracking update I have is November 30th so I think my copy is lost. I did use that contact help form but I got no response in like 2 days or whatever.

Thanks
GameStop phone “support” is 1 (800) 883-8895

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back